Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Bumping this as an update, but scheduling is always spotty for us leading up to and following the holidays. We tried to record last weekend but I had a stupid technical snag :downs: I think we're aiming to get a bit of a backlog piled up, so it'll probably be a couple sessions before I put out regular updates. Still need to do some solo stuff, though, so I'll put that in here when I get it all done edited. Sorry for the delays! We've got another filler-LP coming soon though~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necroid
May 14, 2009

drat son in this time I managed to finish DS2 and all its DLCs

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

necroid posted:

drat son in this time I managed to finish DS2 and all its DLCs

To be fair, Geop has the trio to wrangle for commentary sessions.

gibb3h
Jul 15, 2014

Geop posted:

Bumping this as an update, but scheduling is always spotty for us leading up to and following the holidays. We tried to record last weekend but I had a stupid technical snag :downs: I think we're aiming to get a bit of a backlog piled up, so it'll probably be a couple sessions before I put out regular updates. Still need to do some solo stuff, though, so I'll put that in here when I get it all done edited. Sorry for the delays! We've got another filler-LP coming soon though~

If it's anywhere near as good as asura then filler is A-Ok by me

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gibb3h posted:

I can't imagine what game they could pick to fill the void this time.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

gibb3h posted:

I don't think anything can top Asura's Wrath.

That being said, I hope I'm wrong.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've got it! Geop's gonna play Vanquish!

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Dr.Smasher posted:

I don't think anything can top Asura's Wrath.

That being said, I hope I'm wrong.

Well 70 hours of Xenoblade wouldnt really qualify as filler so...

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Xenoblade X coming back obviously

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood :getin:

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Blind LP of Tales of Berseria once it gets released. Go anime or go home.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Doc Morbid posted:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood :getin:

All Assassin's Creed games must be finished before the Dark Souls 2 LP ends.

necroid
May 14, 2009

I know this may sound unpopular, but I came here to watch a DS2 LP. I skipped the "filler LP" completely because I was already familiar with Asura's Wrath.

Is it really necessary to have filler if it ends up delaying this LP? I'm comfortable with waiting for updates to this thread, not as much if I have to wait for 1-2 LPs to be completed in the meantime.

Again sorry if that sounds dickish Geop, just my opinion.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It's not delaying it, it's having a consistant cast for the Dark Souls lp thats the problem.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

While I enjoyed the Asura LP a lot, I'm a bit ... I'd prefer a decent chunk of DS2 content before another side-project. DS2 can wear one out and I get that logistics/schedules interfere with making content, but setting up another LP before/just after this one reboots is a bit much.

suggestions:
1. does the whole cast need to be there? The DS1 LP started with only 2 people and that was fine. The more the merrier but IMO the whole gang doesn't have to be there all the time.
2. an alternate setup might be post-commentary instead of doing it live.
3. schedule a stream at a fixed date/time, ask guest-commentators if you don't have a full roster yet.

Just spitballing here.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

necroid posted:

I know this may sound unpopular, but I came here to watch a DS2 LP. I skipped the "filler LP" completely because I was already familiar with Asura's Wrath.

Is it really necessary to have filler if it ends up delaying this LP? I'm comfortable with waiting for updates to this thread, not as much if I have to wait for 1-2 LPs to be completed in the meantime.

Again sorry if that sounds dickish Geop, just my opinion.

I don't think it really matters. He's just letting us know in this thread so we know there's other content with him. He wants to do this LP in a way that may lead to a bit more waiting and that's fine. I don't think any of us need a new update by a deadline.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
I think Squint's been fairly busy lately, while the Asura's Wrath LP is commentated by the standard anime night crew. It's not that AW supplanted DS2, it's that DS2 is on hold due to scheduling, and AW is a supplement.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I watch this LP for the commentary, so having a delay for the sake of everyone showing up is worth it to me each since person adds something unique here. But I'm also biased since I've played Dark Souls 2 and never touched Asura's Wrath, so the filler LP was the one that was more surprising/exciting for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Ehh, I wanna have the group together. If it's not in the cards, it's not happening. Either way, the hold-up last time was a technical snag on my end. I'll probably pop this open once things get underway.

Keep an eye on the Youtube channel or Twitter tonight/tomorrow. I don't want to bother with setting up a thread for the next project, so I'm going that route :v:

• Locked thread