Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Expect updates somewhere around twice a week! This is a very loose schedule :v: Also! Be sure to check out the other LP that is ongoing whenever this one is on break!

:frogsiren: Please, no discussion of Bloodborne or Dark Souls III! :frogsiren:
:frogsiren: No spoilers for Dark Souls II allowed! This also means NO SPOILER TAGS. If you've gotta discuss something, go to the Games thread for it! :frogsiren:
:staredog: Also, no more rants about durability, please. It's a discussion that derails things and goes nowhere. Just drop it! :staredog:

You guys know what this game is, I’m sure. Or at the very least, someone has hollered in your listening-hole about its lore or why it’s great or it’s bad or whatever.

It started off with FromSoftware’s King’s Field games! Dark, atmospheric, mostly ugly dungeon crawlers. Early on in the PS3’s life, From made Demon’s Souls (which grabbed my attention as it’s basically a third-person King’s Field). Demon’s had a cult following of sorts, but Dark Souls is where things really started popping. #2 came out maybe a year after I wrapped up the first LP! By this point, there’s Bloodborne and now Dark Souls III! Oh goodness, so far behind.

Why LP this one? Well, I ain’t skipping ahead! Also, we ended on a cliffhanger!

HEY! This is a blind LP, just like the last shitshow. Joining me from the very beginning are my pals Vicas, Kuvo, and Squint! Of them, it sounds as though Vicas has the freshest memory of what’s going on (but they could all be lying to me). Apparently the DLC re-shuffled a lot of enemy placements and encounters! Exciting!

This LP itself is going to be handled using the PS4 release, which bundled everything together, DLC and all! Also, I goofed up the first session (system setup thing un-did itself), so it isn’t 60FPS; the source video quality also took a hit. Youtube muddies this already muddy game up quite a lot. I recommend downloading the source video, if possible! Particularly after episode 6!

Vicas is also doing an informative Dark Souls 1 LP!
Kuvo has a Xenoblade X LP or something too

((No-Music version for German viewers!))

Geop fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Saving for later~

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The real Dark Souls II LP thread starts here.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

I'd be mad but this is a good gif :thumbsup:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

That from Xenospelunky, right?

Anyway wasn't expecting this LP.

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad
I really hope all of Geop's frantic button presses come through in the finalized audio.

Kobuddy
May 11, 2013

The legend is real.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Geop when's the Pursuer

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Squint posted:

I really hope all of Geop's frantic button presses come through in the finalized audio.

Did Geop half-press like that Mario guy?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Vicas posted:

Geop when's the Pursuer

at this rate October

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

A better game than Dark Souls

Zaras
Mar 11, 2013

Okay.
Hooooo buddy, I thought it was never gonna happen

Super excited for this

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

[EXCITED SCREAMING]

Donowitz
Feb 26, 2012

Sweet, this will be fun to watch.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Scholar of the First Sin, huh? Good luck with that.

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009
This is the best Labour Day present a little boy could ask for.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Geop posted:

I'd be mad but this is a good gif :thumbsup:

Don't worry, once SA 1.0 comes out, you'll be able to swap post positions around whenever you want.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010
Looking forward to your inevitable Rogue Legacy LP in a week, but this will do in the mean time.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
I reactivated my account after years of inactivity JUST TO POST HERE. Geop, your let's play are the only ones I have ever watched all the way through. I am so excited to spend the next two years being drip fed your videos.

----------------
This comment brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Thank you Geop!

When's Nito?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm looking forward to DS3 in 2028.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I thought this was a shitpost, then I saw the OP

Holy gently caress this is going to be a shitshow, and I'm bookmarking the gently caress out of it

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I like Dark Souls 2 a lot, never played Scholar or the DLC so 'eyyyy this will be pretty good.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Excellent, I just finished up DS2 myself and was wondering if you would get to it.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

thecluckmeme posted:

Holy gently caress this is going to be a shitshow
https://twitter.com/GeopLP/status/726636631407513600

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stay strong Mr. Mod.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Well this is unexpected!

Is Panzer going to guest one of these?

Trynant
Oct 7, 2010

The final spice...your tears <3
How drunk will Vicas get from craft beers this time around?

I'm looking forward to shitshow shenanigans.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

Well this is unexpected!

Is Panzer going to guest one of these?

Considering how many updates the first game was, I'll be shocked if this one doesn't have surprise unexpected guests in it.

I've got my fingers crossed for Diabetus and I'm gonna throw some coins in fountains and make a wish for Psychedelic Eyeball to show up.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

The Dark Id posted:

Scholar of the First Sin, huh? Good luck with that.

I'm the only one in the group with any knowledge of Scholar, lmao

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Huh, I was just thinking about rewatching the old Dark Souls LP. What perfect timing. :v:

There are a lot of things I dislike about DS2 and I dislike the rerelease a lot more, so I'm curious about how you're gonna feel about the game as you go along.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Scholar of the First Sin is going to go amazingly

Five Apples
Mar 11, 2008

THIS IS WHAT I AM
Super stoked about this, the first LP was glorious. Annnnnnnd you're playing Scholar. Oh joy.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Glad to see this! Should be a good time!

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Oh hey, this is finally happening! DS2 is pretty great and Scholar is on the whole even better, which is good considering that DS3 failed to learn a number of lessons from it. (Don't worry, I won't bother you with spoilers.)

One of the most important things to learn in DS2 is that while 100%-physical block shields are harder to come by, they're actually far less necessary because the game supports a shieldless playthrough pretty well. (My avatar stuck with a Dex/Faith build using mostly spears two-handed, and let me tell you it's wonderful.) And additionally, your roll distance is shorter than in DS1, which paradoxically makes dodging more reliable because it's more precise.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Eeeeeeeexcellent

I am sure nothing terrible will happen. *warms up the ol Photoshop*

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Geop, whens Dark S-oh wait a minute!

sulphagne
Mar 30, 2011

The Council, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
What timing, I just started re-watching Squint's DeS LP the other day. Anyway, I loved your DS1 LP so much I ran out and nabbed DS2 as soon as it came out ... and then never managed to finish it. Looking forward to seeing you trudge through what I could not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I'd be posting that "It's happening" gif if it wasn't a probatable offence. I'm incredibly psyched for this. :allears:

• Locked thread