Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
We thought it wouldn't happen!
We were.
Dead.
Wrong.

Good luck and plenty of death to go around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
*browsing YouTube subs*

*Sees this*

It begins...

Draga fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 1, 2016

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!
Yesssss I have been waiting for this for so long.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
get all the torches. it's silly but one of my favorite atmospheric bits of this game is schlepping through dark areas with torch out

Vicas posted:

I'm the only one in the group with any knowledge of Scholar, lmao

good

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

God almighty you're really subjecting yourself to these dorks again

Well at least this time I guess you're in tune with Souls-y-ness so have fun!!

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Geop is all:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I will say, as much as people kind of dump on DS2 and "the B-Team," I really like it. I don't know if I'd call it better than 1, but it plays REAL well, and I really like the somewhat more character driven lore it's got going.

Also, Majula is my favorite Souls hub by a considerable margin.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 07:18 on May 1, 2016

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
The Legend never dies. I never touched Scholar, so this should be amazing to watch.

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012
The original super dark lighting was scrapped for a bunch of reasons but it was mostly that the PS3 couldn't handle it well enough and it had frame rate problems in areas. Oddly enough in the PC release it's still there but it's a flip you can't switch to turn it on.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Eight minutes in and "my boat" already has me in stitches. Good job, folks.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Bearer
Seek
Seek
Lest

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo I've been waiting forever for this. Geop, your Dark Souls LP got me onto From's games and I've loved them since. This is gonna be good.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Jesus Christ that second episode is already a cliffhanger

"Oh no"

"geop no"

"GEOP NO"

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Spiritus Nox posted:

I will say, as much as people kind of dump on DS2 and "the B-Team," I really like it. I don't know if I'd call it better than 1, but it plays REAL well, and I really like the somewhat more character driven lore it's got going.

Also, Majula is my favorite Souls hub by a considerable margin.

Dark Souls 2 does some things right, other things not so right. I will agree that Majula is probably the most atmospheric of all the hubs in the series, and Majula's music beats the tar out of any of the others.

I really hope the exchange of "geop you're about to walk into the central hub" / "okay let's go somewhere completely different" is indicative of how the rest of this LP will go

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Excellent... I never got around to playing the Scholar of the First Sin content even though I bought it so I'm sure this will be a good way to experience it (In a year or so when we're in the end game :v:)

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
This will be fun, since I'm doing a magic build for my own run. I wonder what Geop is gonna settle on?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Pretty excited for this. Played the base game several times, but I've never touched Scholar or any of the DLCs. So this is gonna be fun!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

VodeAndreas posted:

Excellent... I never got around to playing the Scholar of the First Sin content even though I bought it so I'm sure this will be a good way to experience it (In a year or so when we're in the end game :v:)
Speaking as someone who hated the guts of most of the DLC, this is absolutely the best way to experience it. The Scholar changes are a really mixed bag.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Oh man, I loved that first Dark Souls LP. This is really exciting, especially since while I still have to go back and play Scholar myself to see all the changes. Best of luck, Geop. :allears:

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh man I really like DS2 even though I'm awful at all souls games. It's going to be fun seeing how Geop does.

gibb3h
Jul 15, 2014

:hellyeah: just marathoned the DS LP and almost at the end of wind waker, perfect timing. I'm gonna start a Kuvo "try jumping" tally

e: current tally =5

gibb3h fucked around with this message at 11:48 on May 1, 2016

sharkbeard
Jun 24, 2013

Completely Unamused
I've been hoping something like this was going to happen eventually..! So I'm really excited to see this LP to the end!

also that was a stalagmite, not a stalactite, I don't know why but I really felt like pointing that out.

Either way keep up the great commentary, people!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Wait, SotFS blocked off the giant hippo man in the tutorial area? But that was the best part of the whole place!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Hurrah! skeleton but hole

Toast Whisperer
May 12, 2015
I never picked up Dark Souls 2 after sinking 200 hours into one, finding myself rather busy with college.
Looking forward to seeing what I missed out on vicariously.

Also praying for you for whatever onion equivalent starts up in this thread.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

GilliamYaeger posted:

Wait, SotFS blocked off the giant hippo man in the tutorial area? But that was the best part of the whole place!

Yeah, that's a little baffling but overall the changes SotFS made to Dark Souls II are for the better.

A lot of people hate on Dark Souls II in general but it's actually a very good game that has the unfortunate baggage of being called Dark Souls II, which makes people expect certain things. Don't get me wrong, it's still very much a Souls game but I was disappointed with DS2 at first for various reasons, but it grew on me. I still prefer the first Dark Souls. And the third. Because there are some things that are just not all that great in II.

But the point is that Dark Souls II gets more poo poo than it deserves. But it does have some big flaws. I'd go into depth a little more but that would border on spoiler territory, so I'm not gonna. Don't wanna ruin the game for someone with my opinions.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 1, 2016

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I've been looking forward to this, your Dark Souls LP was one of my absolute favorites.

E: Wait, it was three years since the DS1 LP ended? Holy crap, time flies :psyduck:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 14:42 on May 1, 2016

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I haven't actually seen much of Dark Souls II. This is gonna be great. :allears:

I rather like the idea of bringing fire to dark places as a gameplay element and a symbol. It's apparently optional, so it doesn't seem like it'll become a pain, either.

And yeah, a cliffhanger already. If I didn't know better, I'd assume that was a guy holding a lightsaber? I don't actually know better. :v:

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad

gibb3h posted:

:hellyeah: just marathoned the DS LP and almost at the end of wind waker, perfect timing. I'm gonna start a Kuvo "try jumping" tally

e: current tally =5

He's so listless and resigned when he says it now! He's like a washed-up sitcom star who's only ever asked to do his 20-year-old catchphrase wherever he goes.

"Oh my God it's Kuvo! Kuvo! Say the thing!"

*sigh* "...try jumping."

"YAAAAAAY!"

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Squint posted:

He's so listless and resigned when he says it now! He's like a washed-up sitcom star who's only ever asked to do his 20-year-old catchphrase wherever he goes.

"Oh my God it's Kuvo! Kuvo! Say the thing!"

*sigh* "...try jumping."

"YAAAAAAY!"

I think it might be more of a reflex or nervous tic at this point

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Oh my god.

There are not enough gifs in the world for how excited I am.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
geop when's dark souls 3

(2020)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

geop when's lords of the fallen

(never, hopefully)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

geop when's nioh

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
eat the grossly incandescent onion

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

sharkbeard posted:

also that was a stalagmite, not a stalactite, I don't know why but I really felt like pointing that out.
It definitely looked like it was hanging from the roof of something!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
DS2 has pretty much all the armor sets from the first one in there somewhere, right? Just... asking. For a friend.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

\[T]/ Praising the sun intensifies! \[T]/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I always thought you were kidding about doing this game, like TheDarkId and Resident Evil 5. Still, good to have you back, and thanks for getting me into this series in the first place. :)

• Locked thread