Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Bort Bortles posted:

Close enough. But then the Jaguars never would have gotten Bort so I think in the grand scheme I am okay with it.

edit: I am anxiously awaiting to hear about what Bort's crazy dumb fart nanobubbles equivalent is. Or Religious hypocrisy.

Probably not something that promotes hair growth :v:

I also went to image search him and typed in "Bort Bortles" without even thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Seriously, picking a kicker in the first 2 rounds of the draft. Incredible. Just incredible.

What's lost in this is that the picks KC got from this trade got dropped on two corners we didn't need.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I actually don't mind taking a bunch of corners in this draft. After Peters there's kind of a big drop off.

Also, who knows how well Peters is going to do now that he doesn't have Sean Smith locking down the WR1 the whole game. He could hit a bad sophomore slump.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I've seen a couple of other places other than War Crimes that Eric Murray might end up as a safety too, and with Abduallah retiring that could help.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Bort Bortles posted:

Close enough. But then the Jaguars never would have gotten Bort so I think in the grand scheme I am okay with it.

edit: I am anxiously awaiting to hear about what Bort's crazy dumb fart nanobubbles equivalent is. Or Religious hypocrisy.

It's a little soon to put Bort anywhere near Wilson's level come on now

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I already like our draft pick.

Wentz on if he watches Bradford: “Obviously I know he was a top pick and everything. Obviously I know he was with the Rams and everything. But I haven’t watched a ton of film on him. I watch film on guys like Brady and Manning and Rodgers and those types of things.”

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Yeah, I've come around on Wentz since that interview

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Spiros posted:

I already like our draft pick.

Wentz on if he watches Bradford: “Obviously I know he was a top pick and everything. Obviously I know he was with the Rams and everything. But I haven’t watched a ton of film on him. I watch film on guys like Brady and Manning and Rodgers and those types of things.”

The only way I could love this more is if he spent 30 words less and just flatout said "I don't watch scrubs"

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug

whypick1 posted:

Probably not something that promotes hair growth :v:

I also went to image search him and typed in "Bort Bortles" without even thinking.

Here is one of the pictures I keep handy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo lol Wentz you're my hero now

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Someone tell me how the Packers did in the draft

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
GOOCH

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Petite Dinklage posted:

They got an OT with potential, an sleeper OLB pass rusher, a decent ILB and an immovable NT. Nothing flashy, but a good draft.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Coldforge posted:

Nothing flashy, but a good draft.

The Ted Thompson Special

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AAA DOLFAN posted:

It's a little soon to put Bort anywhere near Wilson's level come on now
I didn't put Bort on Wilson's level I'm saying I'm happy my team's QB is not convinced nanobubbles prevented a concussion and is also a Bible thumper. I think Bort has potential to be better than Wilson though he is not there yet.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You literally said you were ok with not grabbing Wilson because you had Bort.

He's looking good but there's way too much attention paid for QBs who have potential.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

He's looking good but there's way too much attention paid for QBs who have potential.

There's no guarantee that WIlson would have become anything in the Jags system. Who was the GM and Head Coach when Wilson was drafted? Gene Smith, noted moron, was the GM and Mike Mularkey was the Head Coach. You aren't winning or developing poo poo with those two around. Everyone except Gene Smith knew drafting a punter in the 3rd round was loving dumb, but the Jags were run by idiots and weren't going to get better. They sucked, they got fired, a new crew came in and the team is looking like it is improving a ton. At this point in time Bortles is developing and the team as a whole is on an upswing, so we fans are happy we've got what we've got rather than some theoretical world where Russell Wilson is our QB.

Edit: This is pretty amusing and no one brings this fact up when discussing the 3rd round punter. Olivier Vernon, who the Jags just tried to pay a boat load of money to, was picked 2 picks after Bryan Anger.

Cactus Jack fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 2, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cactus Jack posted:

Mike Mularkey was the Head Coach.l

:suicide:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

sam bradford lmao posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x3RD1LwVLo

The whole thing is great but FF to 2:30 if you want to get to the best part

proclick

Phobeste posted:

Here is a link where you can watch san francisco and ohio hit each other over an oval ball. It provides much less pleasure but who knows maybe it'll get better. http://www.aol.com/article/2016/04/27/san-francisco-ohio-square-off-in-pro-rugby-match-live-on-aol/21352015/

I don't know what's going on but I like it

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I hope the Jags do great and then lose to the Chiefs in the playoffs from an OT Tyreek Hill kickoff return TD

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Petite Dinklage posted:

Exactly what we needed to fill in the glaring holes, nothing flashy though. More and more I'm convinced that TT does actually draft need-based first, BPA second. I'm very satisfied with this draft. Didn't kill it like Jacksonville did, but we did what we needed to.

1st - Kenny Clark, NT - the new BJ Raji, big guy to play NT and improve the run defense, though he can pass rush as well. The popular thought was that Billings was going to be the higher considered NT, but he fell to the 4th due to some knee issues no one other than scouts knew about.

2nd - Jason Spriggs, OT - Will probably be our LT in a year or two after Bulaga finally collapses and we push Bakhtiari to RT. We traded up to get him, and it was well worth it. The fact that Barclay is not our immediate backup at OL is awesome. Someday NFL Network will realize this guy's name isn't TJ Spriggs, too.

3rd - Kyler Fackrell, OLB - depth pick, as Peppers' contract is up next year. Great player in a small conference. Long flowing blond hair to fit in with the crew.

4th - Blake Martinez, ILB - Someone to compete with Jake Ryan, and provides much needed depth at ILB.

4th - Dean Lowry, DE - High motor guy from Northwestern that'll piss off all the Bears fans that wanted him. Will be effective in the 3-4 DE rotation.

5th - Trevor Davis, WR - Speedster because last year's remaining receivers were slow as balls.

6th - Kyle Murphy, OT - Another tackle, pushing our terrible backups even further down the chart.

7th - traded as part of the deal for Spriggs in the 2nd, along with a late 4th.

So we filled in the massive hole at NT with the BPA for that spot, got much needed depth at OT and LB, with some high potential guys at WR and DE.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Jags are going 5-11

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Jags are going 5-11

Cripple Andrew Luck, consider it a successful season

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I'd like to post my opinion about the bengals: they own

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Abugadu posted:

Exactly what we needed to fill in the glaring holes, nothing flashy though. More and more I'm convinced that TT does actually draft need-based first, BPA second. I'm very satisfied with this draft. Didn't kill it like Jacksonville did, but we did what we needed to.

1st - Kenny Clark, NT - the new BJ Raji, big guy to play NT and improve the run defense, though he can pass rush as well. The popular thought was that Billings was going to be the higher considered NT, but he fell to the 4th due to some knee issues no one other than scouts knew about.

2nd - Jason Spriggs, OT - Will probably be our LT in a year or two after Bulaga finally collapses and we push Bakhtiari to RT. We traded up to get him, and it was well worth it. The fact that Barclay is not our immediate backup at OL is awesome. Someday NFL Network will realize this guy's name isn't TJ Spriggs, too.

3rd - Kyler Fackrell, OLB - depth pick, as Peppers' contract is up next year. Great player in a small conference. Long flowing blond hair to fit in with the crew.

4th - Blake Martinez, ILB - Someone to compete with Jake Ryan, and provides much needed depth at ILB.

4th - Dean Lowry, DE - High motor guy from Northwestern that'll piss off all the Bears fans that wanted him. Will be effective in the 3-4 DE rotation.

5th - Trevor Davis, WR - Speedster because last year's remaining receivers were slow as balls.

6th - Kyle Murphy, OT - Another tackle, pushing our terrible backups even further down the chart.

7th - traded as part of the deal for Spriggs in the 2nd, along with a late 4th.

So we filled in the massive hole at NT with the BPA for that spot, got much needed depth at OT and LB, with some high potential guys at WR and DE.

Thank you. I love you.

Does anyone have the Aaron Rodgers "You'll never catch me gay thoughts" Madden gif? I need it for a project

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jags are going 5-11

Our defense might keep us in games.

:ohdear:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

whiteyfats posted:

Obviously. 5 of them!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I dunno if I'm just homering hard but the more I read about Jason Spriggs the more I like him and the more I'm convinced he'll be a long-term starter for the Packers.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Brannock posted:

I dunno if I'm just homering hard but the more I read about Jason Spriggs the more I like him and the more I'm convinced he'll be a long-term starter for the Packers.

Does he have good BBQ, though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz1cee_94L4

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Brannock posted:

I like him a lot, and think we're maybe getting a year or two max out of Bulaga, and Bakhtiari is still a penalty-prone guy. Spriggs can probably start pushing to start late in the season if he develops how I think he can.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

whiteyfats posted:

hey your passing offense was 10th in the NFL too have some hope

luck will suck

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Petite Dinklage posted:

Thank you. I love you.

Does anyone have the Aaron Rodgers "You'll never catch me gay thoughts" Madden gif? I need it for a project

Its on here!

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/2014/09/07/nfl-giferator-contest-top-10-poll/

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I said "Close enough. But then the Jaguars never would have gotten Bort so I think in the grand scheme I am okay with it.". I did NOT say "Blake Bortles is better than Russell Wilson, I am so glad the Jaguars did not draft Russell Wilson". There is a difference. I think Wilson is a loony while I think Bortles is really cool (notice the Name + Av). Wilson is a loony that is a great QB on a great team; I'm not trying to take anything away from him OR crown Bortles yet. Wilson probably would be out of the league at this point if he was on that Jaguars team (read: What catus Jack posted). I'm not sure how else I can spell it out.

edit:
I'm so sorry bahahaha

edit2: Now the Titans will crush the Jaguars twice this year just because I am a bad poster

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 2, 2016

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You're not spelling it out - you're adding context to it (that really makes little sense as far as... You know... Actual football skill.) I assumed you cared more about having a great QB vs having one that has a name with alliteration.

Also - dismissing Wilsons success as a result of playing for Seattle seems a little dishonest but whatever.

Edit: I guess we will sit back and see if Bortles will end up better than Wilson, at football. Just to be clear. Since we need to be I guess.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 2, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

You're not spelling it out - you're adding context to it (that really makes little sense as far as... You know... Actual football skill.)

And dismissing Wilsons success as a result of playing for Seattle seems a little dishonest but whatever.

Wilson would have been carred out of the league if he played for the jags. Yes I understand Seattle also has a terrible line jax is significantly worse

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I can't believe I'm the one of all people to defend Wilson here but his line us simply awful. They'd have given up so many more sacks with a Gabbert in there vs a Wilson.

Edit was = us

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 2, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wilson could be worse

He could be Kaepernick

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Sometimes your QB gets sacked a lot. If he's good, it won't matter.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I can't believe I'm the one of all people to defend Wilson here but his line us simply awful. They'd have given up so many more sacks with a Gabbert in there vs a Wilson.

Edit was = us

I'm not exaggerating when I say jax has/had a worse line then Seattle by a significant margin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AAA DOLFAN posted:

You're not spelling it out - you're adding context to it (that really makes little sense as far as... You know... Actual football skill.) I assumed you cared more about having a great QB vs having one that has a name with alliteration.

Also - dismissing Wilsons success as a result of playing for Seattle seems a little dishonest but whatever.

Edit: I guess we will sit back and see if Bortles will end up better than Wilson, at football. Just to be clear. Since we need to be I guess.
I mean....it wasnt a super serious post so I didnt think I would have to elaborate that much. I wasnt trying to make a declarative statement and you jumped out at me. I'm not a lawyer so I am sorry if I did not describe my emotions and intents on this comedy football forum clearly enough. I was simply trying to express my happiness that Blake Bortles is on the Jaguars.

Additionally, me saying "Wilson is a great QB on a great team" is not dismissing him. To be clear. Since we need to be I guess.

• Locked thread