Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Aliquid posted:

whcd owned

i want an av

Isn't it gauche to ask for an av, like asking for gang tags? I want one too :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Similar to Yoda rape, Toddlers have shot at least 23 people this year

:911:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I haven't posted in this thread yet but I have the avatar. I guess it was a preemptive strike.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I want a version of the WHCD speeches with insets showing the CNN, Fox News, etc. tables after each joke.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

withak posted:

I want a version of the WHCD speeches with insets showing the CNN, Fox News, etc. tables after each joke.

Sitting at the NPR table would be cool as gently caress

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

We gotta stop letting toddlers into this country until we figure out what's going on.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Watching Meet The Press. Weird seeing Chuck press Cruz. He's been lobbing softballs left and right at every other candidate until now. Although, admittedly I haven't been watching for a few weeks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

PostNouveau posted:

We gotta stop letting toddlers into this country until we figure out what's going on.

We need to both control how these Toddlers come to be in the first place while also encouraging the use of technology we already have to prevent those that do slip past the cracks to be stopped from making it all the way out

If only there was some group or not for profit company we could fund to take care of this emerging problem in society.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

PostNouveau posted:

Distribute more guns to law-abiding toddlers obviously.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Dexo posted:

We need to both control how these Toddlers come to be in the first place while also encouraging the use of technology we already have to prevent those that do slip past the cracks to be stopped from making it all the way out

If only there was some group or not for profit company we could fund to take care of this emerging problem in society.

Oh, you mean the family of Tamir Rice?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

We sure the Yoda avatars aren't just the newest "Stupid Newbie" avatar?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

duz posted:

Oh, you mean the family of Tamir Rice?

Woah woah, that was no toddler, that was a grown rear end man who was like 5'9 and hulking mass of man, who couldn't be reasoned with.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

you dont have one :c00lbert:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

If only there were good guys with guns.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I had the current stupid newbie avatar but got Yoda'd after asking about Yoda

The first rule of Yoda club is, gently caress if I know :shrug:

(Plus there's a stupid newbie avatar two posts above yours)

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Rappaport posted:

I had the current stupid newbie avatar but got Yoda'd after asking about Yoda

The first rule of Yoda club is, gently caress if I know :shrug:

(Plus there's a stupid newbie avatar two posts above yours)

He could be one of the weird people that register a stupid noobie avatar but with one or two pixels changed and wait for someone to call him out on it

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
I loved watching Obama kill it at the WHCD last night, but it also made me kinda sad because I know we're not gonna have a president as cool as him again :(

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Dexo posted:

:vince:

Mr Jaunts posted:

I loved watching Obama kill it at the WHCD last night, but it also made me kinda sad because I know we're not gonna have a president as cool as him again :(
Seriously, especially in the last year he has been incredible to watch speak. I can't wait to see what he does post-Presidency when he gives even fewer fucks.

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice

Typical liberal media. Presumably these young heroes were acting in self defense against some sort of thug, right?

Right?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ravenfood posted:

:vince:

Seriously, especially in the last year he has been incredible to watch speak. I can't wait to see what he does post-Presidency when he gives even fewer fucks.

Won't even have to wait this long. How much is he looking forward to teeing off on Trump for months while stumping for Hillary?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

Won't even have to wait this long. How much is he looking forward to teeing off on Trump for months while stumping for Hillary?

Biden is gonna have a field day this general election.

I don't care if it's Trump, Cruz, or (lol) Kasich. Biden and Obama are going to be licking their lips.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Whoever wins this election, their performance at next years WHCD will be much more stilted and flat. They write good jokes for Obama but you still need the Obama.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So the EPA is getting sued because Snyder was a literal Captain Planet villain? What the poo poo guys. Ugh.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

So the EPA is getting sued because Snyder was a literal Captain Planet villain? What the poo poo guys. Ugh.

The EPA gets sued regardless of what it does or does not do because there is a small but very wealthy and deeply ideological group of people who are deeply affronted that it exists, and would see it destroyed if at all possible. They may not even themselves want to do anything it would prevent; there are just people for whom the idea of the government protecting the environment is truly offensive.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

JonathonSpectre posted:

I just watched Larry Wilmore's bit and God drat what a bad rear end, anyone who says that set was "bad" works for a loving media company. It wasn't quite up there with Stephen Colbert just roasting the gently caress out of W. Bush right to his face but it was beautiful.

In case you've forgotten, here are the two jokes from that 2006 Correspondent's Dinner that are burned into my brain forever.

"This President is a man who believes the same thing on Wednesday as he did on Monday... no matter what happened on Tuesday!"

and

"Now the polls say that less than one-third of Americans approve of the job this man is doing as President. But doesn't that mean that over two-thirds of Americans approve of the job that he's NOT doing?"

This was with Bush about 10 feet away. To his credit, GW did his best to roll with the punches but Laura Bush was so coldly furious she could have done the "chill a Dr. Pepper" thing Wolverine and Iceman did in X2.

It was the "re-arranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg" thing that was my favorite Colbert burn from that year.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

a foolish pianist posted:

It was the "re-arranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg" thing that was my favorite Colbert burn from that year.

The best part about that "no matter what happened on Tuesday" line was that 9/11 happened on a Tuesday.

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

There's a Dr. Fist here to see you.

cheerfullydrab posted:

Whoever wins this election, their performance at next years WHCD will be much more stilted and flat. They write good jokes for Obama but you still need the Obama.

I'm trying to imagine a Ted Cruz WHCD, but it's just... Nothing. An abyss.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ansiktsburk posted:

"Heh, how about those trans people right. And I use the term people loosely."

Also nothing I fear more than a Ted Cruz presidency. At least Trump will probably bring the end of the free world in an entertaining manner, with Cruz it's going to just be a slow depressing crawl towards the end.

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug
"The president's hair is so white, it tried to punch me at a Trump ralley"

:perfect:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Ansiktsburk posted:

Something like this, probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujlPtdjL5zs

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

We must pass todler control.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

The only thing stopping a bad toddler with a gun is a good toddler with a gun.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Ansiktsburk posted:

Try to imagine one for Romney.

"My prize-winning pedigreed Italian greyhound has no nose. I'm told he smells bad." *crickets*

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Presto posted:

Try to imagine one for Romney.

"My prize-winning pedigreed Italian greyhound has no nose. I'm told he smells bad." *crickets*

"Heh heh, which half of the room here is the takers addicted to getting free stuff? Heh. Heh."

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Quorum posted:

The EPA gets sued regardless of what it does or does not do because there is a small but very wealthy and deeply ideological group of people who are deeply affronted that it exists, and would see it destroyed if at all possible. They may not even themselves want to do anything it would prevent; there are just people for whom the idea of the government protecting the environment is truly offensive.

This is true. Any type of regulation is seen as restricting the ability of companies to generate profit. These kinds of people are pieces of crap.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

JonathonSpectre posted:

"Heh heh, which half of the room here is the takers addicted to getting free stuff? Heh. Heh."

Don't you hate it when your lazy butler washes your sock garters, and they’re still covered with schmutz?

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

MC Nietzche posted:

Don't you hate it when your lazy butler washes your sock garters, and they’re still covered with schmutz?

"Wolf Blitzer's here tonight... Folks, I love Wolf, he's just the right height."

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Mr Jaunts posted:

"Wolf Blitzer's here tonight... Folks, I love Wolf, he's just the right height."

Dinner. Savory. Hot.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ansiktsburk posted:

People would side with CNN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

MC Nietzche posted:

Dinner. Savory. Hot.

*stares directly forward in awkward silence for forty-five seconds straight*

• Locked thread