Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Germ posted:

I was planning on sponsoring such a thing already, so....

Would July-ke to paint some terrain, my Lord?

For the month of July, include some terrain in your oath to get entered into a special prize drawing. Any scale will do, but it should be suitable terrain, not just a scenic objective marker, unit filler, or the like. You can gain multiple entries in the drawing (up to 4 including the original entry) by:

Epic: Painting a "sufficiently epic" amount of terrain. This could be a single large, complicated piece, or a number of smaller pieces that go together. One huge castle. A village. A table's worth of terrain. If you think what you did was epic, say so. If I agree, you'll get a bonus entry.

Picture Time: Take a photo of your terrain being used in a game, or as part of a scene with other miniatures you have painted for another bonus entry.

Rules Lawyer: Write a short set of rules for a terrain feature you oathed. The rules can be for any system, but should allow you to use a piece of terrain you painted in a unique way during a game. Toxic sludge that emits poisonous fumes? Tavern that can distract nearby troops with promises of ale?

The winner of the prize draw will get a selection of resin terrain from Worldsmith Industries. I'll work out with the winner the specifics of what they want, but expect something in the range of $75 worth of terrain. Anything on the we store would be fair game, as would anything I've prototyped but is not yet available for public sale.

Welp, looks like I have a deadline to get my terrain cleaned up and assembled :D

Quick administrative note, the new spreadsheet is being worked on. I'm making a few tweaks to make future administration easier and I will be starting to add everyone's first Oaths some time this week (maybe tonight).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe
Nice! This both gives me an excuse to knock out the rest of my imp guard terrain, AND knock out more cheevos!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I came home today and found a note that there was a package waiting at the post office. And indeed, I got to pick up this nifty KR multicase bag:

That's how cool and nice the KR guys are, I had completely forgotten the KR competition in last oath thread. Major kudos, this is perfect for my new Viking skirmish force!

Now, I'm all about paying it forward. So, I'll be throwing my hat in for Garm's awesome terrain month:

My hobby side-project, Mura Miniatures, will also add prize support to the July terrain bonanza. If you don't win Garm's prize, you'll get a chance at a runner-up prize:

A gift voucher for your online hobby store of choice, at the value of 20 USD

or

A custom made piece of terrain, made by myself, in whatever scale and theme you want

Note that I'm not really a sci-fi gamer, so I have limited experience with making sci-fi stuff, but I'll give it a shot if you want. :) The rules for qualifying are exactly the same, except that the first prize winner is not eligible for the runner-up draw.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Thanks for the camera advice! I didn't think flash would help, but darn it it did, it's focusing fine now (My phone is, as I think I mentioned cheap and crap and I don't see the flower/close mode on my phone).

Oath complete!

Aero stomped his front right foot on the ground and kicked it back and forth, stirring up clumps of dirt. "There's no use. As much as we want to deny it, there's a war coming.
I was a fool, thinking we could stay out of it. We'll be drawn in, one way or another."

Drea nodded sadly. She leaned on her spear, the point raised above her head. "There is a madness since the king died that has spread, to every corner of what we called 'the kingdom'. We'll have to see if that mandess has spread to our old friends at the fort of the marsh." She looked to Aero, lifting her spear from the ground, and holding it at her side, Let's us two run swiftly and see."

"It's a Rescue" (As mentioned in my begining oath) and backstory achievements.

Yeah, the eyes don't look great. I ruined my insane detail brush and was too impatient to wait to get a new one, so I used a toothpick. Not that I was great white proper tools. The only thing I'll do now is extend the base maybe to make it circular/square rather than a rectangle to better work for a skirmish level game I'm designing.

E: Yikes. I glanced at the picture before uploading and just now noticed all the white spots. Reaper minis are great for their price, but have trouble keeping the paint on. Also, I forgot to put my name on the images.

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 4, 2016

Germ
May 7, 2013

GoodBee posted:

It looks like you can use them all together as terrain or take off the inserts and use them as objectives, depending on your needs for a particular game. Is that how you can use them?

I generally prefer to play with flat terrain but would like to use better objectives than just empty bases. The area terrain bases look like they're pretty flat without the inserts.

You can use them that way, for sure. I designed them that way mostly because, though 3d terrain looks great on the table, it can get in the way of models. I like being able to temporarily take pieces out so troops can fit in on the (mostly flat) bases, but still look good on the table.

For flat terrain, if you painted a mousepad or equivalent to look like a pond or the like, that would totally count as terrain for the contest!

lilljonas posted:

My hobby side-project, Mura Miniatures, will also add prize support to the July terrain bonanza. If you don't win Garm's prize, you'll get a chance at a runner-up prize:

or

A custom made piece of terrain, made by myself, in whatever scale and theme you want

Note that I'm not really a sci-fi gamer, so I have limited experience with making sci-fi stuff, but I'll give it a shot if you want. :) The rules for qualifying are exactly the same, except that the first prize winner is not eligible for the runner-up draw.

Awesome, thanks so much! July should be a fantastic month for gaming tables.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Germ posted:

For flat terrain, if you painted a mousepad or equivalent to look like a pond or the like, that would totally count as terrain for the contest!

Holy crap, that is also a good idea. Bulk blank white mousepads are apparently pretty cheap. Good thing I've got until July to figure out what to do.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

Another image, this time actually with my name. I'll edit it into the other post too. I did some touch up, but with these weird texture I'm going to be doing this forerver I think, so I think it's best to just let it go. You can't see it from this angle, but I painted the under-arm of the female one I missed.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

I, lilljonas, oath to paint the following in May:

- 15 Vicious Vikings, some of them converted into ghost Vikings (28mm, Gripping Beast),
- 1 Terrifying Troll (28mm, Reaper Bones), and
- 1 Fiendish Frogman, converted into a Fiendish Viking Frogman (28mm, Reaper Bones)

I'll see I can find a suitably big monster or dragon later.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
May Oath! 1 Jotums, 4 Auxilia, and a Crypt Dragon
The last one is Fantasy Flight, the rest are from Corvus Belli

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Because I'm a babby I have to do a babby oath to get me back into painting. Also I have to finish a Fusilier that isn't oath eligible.

I, Bad Moon, Oath that I will paint in the Month of May this Corvus Belli Infinity Father Knight figure

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 5, 2016

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
ignore this empty post

(just try to figure out how/why some image hosts just won't show up for me and suddenly a Google Photos link works for someone's Oath but I still can't get a working Photos image link :P)

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 12:32 on May 5, 2016

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath Beastlord Rakarth (on dragon), one Hydra, one (converted) Dark Elf commander on Manticore, and Ten Harpies. All of these are Citadel/Marauder figures in 28mm.

(There are some accidental extra models in this shot that aren't part of the oath, I'm painting the ones on the blue paper.)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

PierreTheMime posted:

I, PierreTheMime, oath to paint a Space Marine Devastator unit and a Imperial Knight heraldry banner from Warhammer 40,000!

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, brand new member TheFinalTuba, oath to paint the Closing Time crew from Malifaux
Looking forward to getting going!

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, for the month of May, oath 10 Graveguards and 1 Empire Wizard. 28mm GW.

Scowny posted:

I, Scowny, oath that I will paint these 5 28mm GW Alpha Legion Headhunters

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of May, the Dark Debts crew box for Malifaux, 32mm by Wyrd Miniatures.

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath a Contemptor Dreadnought for Warhammer 40k, 28mm, by Games Workshop

SatelliteCore posted:

I, SatelliteCore, Oath that I will paint these 5 Space Marine Scouts from GW.

I don't play any tabletop games. I have a lot of miniatures and WW2 models. I need this thread as I have never finished any of them.

imgur isn't working and this site rotated in preview it with no controls. I give up.
Thanks for trying with imgur! You're OK to go - and finishing your models is exactly what this thread is all about!

Chance II posted:

I, Chance II, Oath this Spriggan & Butcher 2 from Privateer Press as well as a Goblin archer and Halfling Archer from Games Workshop for the month of May!
Next time, please make sure you use the American Samoa time zone (link is in the OP instructions), it's just a time consistency thing! I try to give everyone one mulligan because there are a lot of seemingly arbitrary rules but just remember for next time :)

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath 10 Immortals and Dominar Rasheth, Skorne, Hordes, Privateer press.

rkajdi posted:

I, rkajdi Oath that I will paint these four Retribution models:
Apologies for the low quality image, but the only thing working at the moment is an old camera that I can't be assed to figure out how to adjust resolution.

Weirdo posted:

The Oath threads have been a fun excuse to motivate my lazy self, even If I fail as many oaths as I succeed.

I Weirdo Oath one Dragon + Elven lord :vd: (Mantic games, 28mm) and six Bones orcs (Reaper, 28mm).

The dragon is the older metal dragon and iirc has been replaced with a new plastic one. The orcs are from the Bones 2 core set and are sculpted by Tre Manor, who has done several kickstarters, and makes great musclemens.

Drone posted:

Dragons, you say? I think I can do that.

I, Drone, hereby oath one Dragon DRG-1N 'mech from Catalyst Game Labs' Battletech introductory box for the month of May 2016.

lilljonas posted:

I, lilljonas, oath to paint the following in May:

- 15 Vicious Vikings, some of them converted into ghost Vikings (28mm, Gripping Beast),
- 1 Terrifying Troll (28mm, Reaper Bones), and
- 1 Fiendish Frogman, converted into a Fiendish Viking Frogman (28mm, Reaper Bones)

I'll see I can find a suitably big monster or dragon later.

Red Shoe posted:

May Oath! 1 Jotums, 4 Auxilia, and a Crypt Dragon
The last one is Fantasy Flight, the rest are from Corvus Belli

Bad Moon posted:

Because I'm a babby I have to do a babby oath to get me back into painting. Also I have to finish a Fusilier that isn't oath eligible.

I, Bad Moon, Oath that I will paint in the Month of May this Corvus Belli Infinity Father Knight figure

moths posted:

I, moths, oath Beastlord Rakarth (on dragon), one Hydra, one (converted) Dark Elf commander on Manticore, and Ten Harpies. All of these are Citadel/Marauder figures in 28mm.

(There are some accidental extra models in this shot that aren't part of the oath, I'm painting the ones on the blue paper.)
OATHS ACCEPTED!

JcDent posted:

Euphemism for stripping, friend! I'll be going for the fantasy theme with Hind, because it's a detail-less piece of junk otherwise
Yes, I knew what you meant, I was referring to a future Oath theme! :)

malal posted:

One more question, what happens if you fail the oath? Mocking? Slannesh avatar? The hatred of your fellow oathers? Must shave head like a slayer due to your wronged honor? Can only post in the Star Citizen thread for one month?
You've been answered on this already but just to confirm, there is no terrible penalty for failing an Oath - actually no penalty at all, apart from losing your potential points for that month. This is part of the inclusivity of the Oath Thread. We did try doing avatars for some of the people that failed their Oaths, but they had to opt in, because some people like their avatars, but then some people were looking forward to getting Oath Failed! avatars, which becomes a reward for failing, which is kind of weird. I'd like to figure out some way to offer new avatars to people who complete their Oaths, but can't think of anything that is manageable and also doesn't burn out the artists that want to make them.

Korwen posted:

Krush - My thought was that if the Infinity models (the ones with two colors) weren't eligible I'd just oath the two models with just primer, they're on the far right, and just ignore the 4 models in the middle. Is that alright with you? If not I'll just oath something else tonight/tomorrow and paint the whole lot anyways!
Yes, that's fine :)

lilljonas posted:

I came home today and found a note that there was a package waiting at the post office. And indeed, I got to pick up this nifty KR multicase bag:

That's how cool and nice the KR guys are, I had completely forgotten the KR competition in last oath thread. Major kudos, this is perfect for my new Viking skirmish force!
And this is why KR Multicase is our primary sponsor :) - remember: if you order something from their site or ebay shop, please leave a note that you love their support of the Something Awful Oath Thread! It really does help.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 12:31 on May 5, 2016

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: July Terrain Painting Awesomeness!! :siren:

Germ posted:

I was planning on sponsoring such a thing already, so....

Would July-ke to paint some terrain, my Lord?

For the month of July, include some terrain in your oath to get entered into a special prize drawing. Any scale will do, but it should be suitable terrain, not just a scenic objective marker, unit filler, or the like. You can gain multiple entries in the drawing (up to 4 including the original entry) by:

Epic: Painting a "sufficiently epic" amount of terrain. This could be a single large, complicated piece, or a number of smaller pieces that go together. One huge castle. A village. A table's worth of terrain. If you think what you did was epic, say so. If I agree, you'll get a bonus entry.

Picture Time: Take a photo of your terrain being used in a game, or as part of a scene with other miniatures you have painted for another bonus entry.

Rules Lawyer: Write a short set of rules for a terrain feature you oathed. The rules can be for any system, but should allow you to use a piece of terrain you painted in a unique way during a game. Toxic sludge that emits poisonous fumes? Tavern that can distract nearby troops with promises of ale?

The winner of the prize draw will get a selection of resin terrain from Worldsmith Industries. I'll work out with the winner the specifics of what they want, but expect something in the range of $75 worth of terrain. Anything on the we store would be fair game, as would anything I've prototyped but is not yet available for public sale.

lilljonas posted:

Now, I'm all about paying it forward. So, I'll be throwing my hat in for Garm's awesome terrain month:

or

I love it!!

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oath Complete!

I've been working on these guys since I put them up:

I think I qualify for the speed painting! and se7enth heaven achievements. Here's my initial shot from less than a day ago:

Here are some detail shots, since it's hard to see much of anything with the monitor screwing up the light balance:

Hopefully this stuff shows up well. I'm pretty awful at taking pictures of figures and having them actually look nice.

EDIT: And I guess pretty much all of theme fit the theme challenge for the month.

rkajdi fucked around with this message at 12:36 on May 5, 2016

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

krushgroove posted:

I'd like to figure out some way to offer new avatars to people who complete their Oaths, but can't think of anything that is manageable and also doesn't burn out the artists that want to make them.

Maybe a random drawing for however many avatars the artists feel like making at the time? Maybe get an extra entry for doing both the theme and technical challenge? Let the artist pick their own challenges?

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I've realized that you don't get credit for assembling and priming, I'll keep that in mind for next month!

I've finally gotten the calth/anniversary marine/assassins assembled and have started painting them.

I have the plane assembled and the Saurus warrior pilot in the cockpit, but I want to sculpt a dragon atop the plane. I'm gonna finish all the other painting before doing it to make sure I can finish it all in time.

Instead of doubling down this month, once I've gotten the oath fulfilled I'll just start getting models ready for next month.

I'm excited all in all, it's been a while since painting was fun. This was the perfect excuse to get crackin' on back projects.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

malal posted:

This was the perfect excuse to get crackin' on back projects.

And this is the perfect reason to join the Oath Thread :)

I should really collect all these comments and send them to sponsors! Then they might be more willing to help out :P

GoodBee posted:

Maybe a random drawing for however many avatars the artists feel like making at the time? Maybe get an extra entry for doing both the theme and technical challenge? Let the artist pick their own challenges?

Yeah it'd have to be a random draw but not only would people have to opt-in, the artist(s) would need to have a stockpile of ready avatars. The last time we did this it was pretty taxing on Pierre and no matter what you think at the start of the year, by about halfway through there's a wait to get artwork and real life takes precedence. So I'll let the guys that want to draw stuff step forward if they want, and if we can get enough artwork together I'll see what we can do, but there's a big spread of variables that needs to be overcome first.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I wasn't around for the early oath threads. What goes into producing these avatars?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Generally an artist has to draw something up (or in the case of Lord_Hypnostache, find and crop a suitable image) and then someone needs to pay $10 to SA to get the AV changed, unless we can persuade a friendly mod to do it using their superpowers.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
One of the mods took care of it for the failed Oathers a few threads/years ago. If and when we get some avatars coming in and a good number of people wanting to opt-in, I'll ask the mods.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

The fun thing was that the original oath threads were purely about threats: no prizes or such for finishing your stuff, but oathbreakers ran a varying risk of getting an awesome/embarrassing avatar. And you wouldn't know what it'd be before you got it. But it'd be likely to include naked dwarfs.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
There's still a ton of untapped avatar material in the unspiration thread.

Also, it should be noted that my Oathbreaker avatar is a sort of special case. The first time I failed an oath was a season or two after Oathbreaker avatars had stopped being a thing, but I still wanted one. Many helpful goons sent me suitable avatar pictures and I chose the best of worst, the original scrunt.

While I wouldn't mind seeing more silly avatars, I prefer the current more inclusive and chill atmosphere in the Oath thread, where there is not really any penalty for failing an oath.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lilljonas posted:

The fun thing was that the original oath threads were purely about threats: no prizes or such for finishing your stuff, but oathbreakers ran a varying risk of getting an awesome/embarrassing avatar. And you wouldn't know what it'd be before you got it. But it'd be likely to include naked dwarfs.

I rather like my red shirt oathbreaker avatar. It's stupid enough that I've kept it for years. I'd have loved it even more if I had a naked dwarf or whatever Yoda banging Luke thing that just started showing up in D&D.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I always did wonder about the specifics.

I can probably contribute some drawing time, then. That all sounds pretty cool. Drawing creepy dongs for this forum has paid dividends in the past, and nekkid chaos dwarfs are probably a step up in the world.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I, Chance II, have finished my Oath for May!

I guess the dragon free handed onto the Spriggan's shield could count as painting a dragon.

The goblin and hobbit archers are my submissions for the fantasy theme challenge.

Hummingbird James
Jan 3, 2013
I, Hummingbird James, oath to paint 10 Tactical Marines from the Betrayal at Calth box with the Forge World plasma gun upgrade kit (and a FW Mk III shoulder pad for one dude).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

ignore this empty post

(just try to figure out how/why some image hosts just won't show up for me and suddenly a Google Photos link works for someone's Oath but I still can't get a working Photos image link :P)

A lot of people have trouble getting photos to show up due to using HTTPS vs HTTP, and depending on their browser. Check the URLs for both your hosted image, and for how you're browsing SA, and be aware that in some cases you can't mix and match without the browser deciding not to follow a URL because it might be insecure.

Also: some folks are asking about photography, where did that post I posted go? I forget which thread it was in, even.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

poo poo pic but I, Flipswitch, oath to paint 2x UCM Falcons

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Can achievements be claimed at any time, or only in conjunction with a finished oath?

This is turning out to be really fun, it's like building an army list except I'm configuring optimum aesthetics and a build order instead of unit viability and equipment load out.

Previous to this my favorite gaming points have been escalation leagues, I love painting so much to meet the deadlines. This is like an unbound escalation league that lasts a year, haha.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

malal posted:

This is turning out to be really fun, it's like building an army list except I'm configuring optimum aesthetics and a build order instead of unit viability and equipment load out.

Previous to this my favorite gaming points have been escalation leagues, I love painting so much to meet the deadlines. This is like an unbound escalation league that lasts a year, haha.

I'm planning out my whole year, including purchasing new stuff because I don't have anything to fit a theme or technical challenge. Some examples, I want to get started with Guild Ball, I want to play Fishermen, I don't have a water themed model for July so it's a perfect match! I've had some Croe's Cutthroats for WarMachine that have been knocking around unpainted for years and I think they'd look really awesome in autumn colors for November. I'd been having a hard time figuring out what to do with those guys.

I'm planning to oath fairly conservatively and work on my backlog at the same time. This month I've oathed my Archidon but I'm setting an additional goal for myself to finish up my half painted Titan Sentry and a couple spare Paingivers. Plus assemble, gap fill and prime my July entry.

I want to say I really like the incentive that "They're multiplying" gives for oath additions. A regular oath addition just seems detrimental but I can be easily motivated by imaginary Internet points to paint more. I've already got my next monster picked out and I'll add it if I can get the first one painted in a timely manner. I'm still waiting on some some supplies I'd ordered because I didn't check that something was backordered. My whole order has shipped now so I'm just waiting for UPS.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

GoodBee posted:

I'm planning out my whole year, including purchasing new stuff because I don't have anything to fit a theme or technical challenge. Some examples, I want to get started with Guild Ball, I want to play Fishermen, I don't have a water themed model for July so it's a perfect match! I've had some Croe's Cutthroats for WarMachine that have been knocking around unpainted for years and I think they'd look really awesome in autumn colors for November. I'd been having a hard time figuring out what to do with those guys.

I'm planning to oath fairly conservatively and work on my backlog at the same time. This month I've oathed my Archidon but I'm setting an additional goal for myself to finish up my half painted Titan Sentry and a couple spare Paingivers. Plus assemble, gap fill and prime my July entry.

I want to say I really like the incentive that "They're multiplying" gives for oath additions. A regular oath addition just seems detrimental but I can be easily motivated by imaginary Internet points to paint more. I've already got my next monster picked out and I'll add it if I can get the first one painted in a timely manner. I'm still waiting on some some supplies I'd ordered because I didn't check that something was backordered. My whole order has shipped now so I'm just waiting for UPS.

I have a pretty thematic group of armies that are all based around Armageddon. It starts with my "Crooked Arrow Clan" Ork army. (Many, many points of Orks led by Dirtsaw, Bukkit, and Da' Gribbler.)Then the story rolls into my Magpies, a group of sappers and engineers from hive hades that sadly worked with Herman Von Strabb. (I use them as a terrain themed imp guard army with either Ork allies or with a Xenos radical inquisitor, Madeline de demandolx de la pauld Louise capeau.) They are a mix of Royal Engineers (ex-hive gang members) mixed with Adeptus Arbites from Hades. They are renegades now, but are under the service of an inquisitor aboard a ship owned by an elite caste rouge trader from Hades. (Leopold the Benevolent.) The inquisitor gives all of them the protection from the imperium, and has hidden their awful involvement in the 3rd war for Armageddon. (Next step is Madeline using a small cadre of red hunters for her ultimate goal of unlocking the secrets of the Necrons' immortality.)

All that means is I want to make a SM army, all the terrain possible for my sappers, more imp guard, and eventually a group of inquisitors hell-bent on stopping the insane Madeline from achieving her goals.

I'm with you, I keep changing what's next to meet the monthly challenges. (As in, terrain comes next due to the new challenge!)

I'll also be making a DE army for no particular reason.

Quick question though, what is the "they're multiplying" challenge? I made a cheat sheet for all possible challenges, but I don't see that one on it.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

malal posted:

Quick question though, what is the "they're multiplying" challenge? I made a cheat sheet for all possible challenges, but I don't see that one on it.

Search Zark's posts. It's just a bonus for this month, it doesn't add to season points.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
How does the diorama work for this month's challenge? Can I paint a couple of dragons, a lone warrior, maybe a backdrop with color pencils, and arrange them on my dinning-room gaming table?

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Because there's nothing in the thread about how to add to your oath, I hope I'm doing this right.

I, rkajdi, am adding Rahn, a Magister, and Arcanist to my oath:

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

GoodBee posted:

Search Zark's posts. It's just a bonus for this month, it doesn't add to season points.

I see it, paint an extra monster. I have a stone tusk lying around, after I finish my dragon Ork plane hopefully I have enough time to enter it as my "fantasy/extra monster" challenge.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

rkajdi posted:

Because there's nothing in the thread about how to add to your oath, I hope I'm doing this right.

Did you perhaps read the second post of the OP that says :siren:HOW TO OATH YOUR MODELS:siren: here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261#post459374971 ?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

SatelliteCore posted:

Did you perhaps read the second post of the OP that says :siren:HOW TO OATH YOUR MODELS:siren: here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261#post459374971 ?

Technically it says how to oath, and a later post says you can do additional oaths, but nothing says if those oaths should have different formatting. I'm guessing not from your reply.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I, Lord Aba, oath 2 toxicrinefrom Games-Workship

So... I oath that I will not buy any new models*, nor kick any starts**, until I have finished painting my Tyranids or the year ends. I will immediately regret this oath as I am a whore for random models. If I break and buy something new I will throw myself on the love and mercy of the thread. But at least I get motivated during the summer, so I should be able to knock off a fair bit before my 200th gaunt drives me insane.

* If I go to a 'con I will buy something. I also ordered some Guild Ball last week and it would be dickish not to actually buy them from my local store. Also if they make new tyranids I guess?
** Exception being Aetherium and new Endless Fantasy IF they do any new kickstarters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

KPC_Mammon posted:

Technically it says how to oath, and a later post says you can do additional oaths, but nothing says if those oaths should have different formatting. I'm guessing not from your reply.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

• Locked thread