Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Zas posted:

yeah blazers fans shouldn't be upset, they can handle this team on a better night

No they can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aers
Feb 15, 2012

lillard having a lovely first 3 quarters and then scoring like 20 in the 4th but not having it matter at all is kinda funny though

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Zas posted:

yeah blazers fans shouldn't be upset, they can handle this team on a better night

I think that's what makes it extra frustrating right now. Losing by 15+ when you're doing everything you can is one thing, losing by that much because two of the top fifteen scorers in the league can't make shots is a problem.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

No they can't.

dont forget the curryless warriors lost to the rockets lol

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

aers posted:

lillard having a lovely first 3 quarters and then scoring like 20 in the 4th but not having it matter at all is kinda funny though

Except for the game PDX won all their games this year have been that way.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
good for portland, playing all the way to the wire. not a pretty game, and its going to be a rough series for portland if they can't figure something out; but good for them.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

zelah posted:

I think that's what makes it extra frustrating right now. Losing by 15+ when you're doing everything you can is one thing, losing by that much because two of the top ten scorers in the league can't make shots is a problem.

Warriors are really good at defense.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

well, here's hoping the warriors dont rush curry back and let him get re-injured, and also that he is miraculously 100% whenever he does come back, so that a potential spurs/warriors WCF is good.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
it's pat!

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

aers posted:

well, here's hoping the warriors dont rush curry back and let him get re-injured, and also that he is miraculously 100% whenever he does come back, so that a potential spurs/warriors WCF is good.

i hope they rest him too.

my guess is they won't. but that doesn't mean he'll get reinjured. but he might only be running only at 75-90% for the duration

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Zas posted:

They were locked in on both of them. They'll probably have a game where they can't miss no matter what, but with Steph out all the GSW perimeter defenders are tall lanky dudes that switch everything. They can't attack advantages on a switch like they usually do when you're switching Klay for Iggy.

And they're both pretty drat streaky.

Plus PDX really doesn't have an answer for Klay or Draymond.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Good game. Can't wait for my anti-Klay friend to explain to me why Thompson remains overrated and should be traded immediately. But drat, Lillard is a scary dude. Once he has found his shot, you better hope your team is up by 20.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Warriors should at least start Curry as a bench player. Give him some warm-ups against Allan Crabbe instead of chasing liliard through a billion screens.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Winning Game 1 is big, now the worst the series can be at if Curry comes back for Game 4 (like the original prognosis was) is 1-2. If the Dubs go up 2-0 without Curry then Portland's done.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Spite posted:

They were locked in on both of them. They'll probably have a game where they can't miss no matter what, but with Steph out all the GSW perimeter defenders are tall lanky dudes that switch everything. They can't attack advantages on a switch like they usually do when you're switching Klay for Iggy.

And they're both pretty drat streaky.

Plus PDX really doesn't have an answer for Klay or Draymond.

defense is the big asset no doubt, and why the warriors are the favorites, but if klay goes cold or even inconsistent we've got a series no doubt

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bogut is guarding off of Moe Harkless, the Blazers are screwed long-term unless one of their terrible shooters go Marcus Smart and randomly can hit the basket.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Tae posted:

Bogut is guarding off of Moe Harkless, the Blazers are screwed long-term unless one of their terrible shooters go Marcus Smart and randomly can hit the basket.

This is how they finished Memphis last year. Just replace Harkless with TA.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Zas posted:

defense is the big asset no doubt, and why the warriors are the favorites, but if klay goes cold or even inconsistent we've got a series no doubt

Oh most definitely. They need Klay to keep playing well for sure. But even if klay starts getting streaky he's still going to get a bunch of looks since he's so much bigger than the portland guards. And they probably don't want dame or cj guarding livingston for extended periods of time if they can help it either.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
seeing dame probe in the first quarter and finding just nothing did not bode well

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The issue is also that anytime the Warriors get in transition, they're posting up Barnes or Green on the guards because that's apparently the Blazer's transition defensive plan.

And it's only going to get worse when they can make Mo Speights not be a lovely rim protector by sticking him to Harkless, Aminu, or whoever that's not remotely reliable on spacing the floor.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
someone hold me

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Zas posted:

I mean yeah one game out of four Dame won't miss but no this average Blazers team can not handle this extremely good Curry-less Warriors team on the majority of nights.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I mean the Blazers' problems in this game were threefold: Lillard/McCollum couldn't get any easy mismatches on PnR because the Dubs switch so well, Bogut and Draymond were not giving them anything in the paint, and their rim protection on the other end was really bad. And those are not problems you can just fix by hoping for your guys to make more shots and their guys to make less. Klay didn't even really shoot that well after the first quarter, he ended at 50% for the game.

Lessail posted:

someone hold me

I'm wishing you luck... but I think they're shook

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Grozz Nuy posted:

I'm wishing you luck... but I think they're shook

I think so too. Gotta get the chrono trigger jpg ready. maybe put a crying jordan face on it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lessail posted:

I think so too. Gotta get the chrono trigger jpg ready. maybe put a crying jordan face on it.

https://youtu.be/p636Rw_L3XU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
why does everyone always say that the most recent playoff game is the most important in franchise history. even with the sad history of toronto basketball thats still really easily sixers game 7. all the things theyre saying about them now were doubly true then.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

https://youtu.be/MV-FvxoR1PQ

better reflects the melancholy mood before the game imo

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I'm nervous and excited and just trying to enjoy the ride. Go team. Make staying up until 4:30 in the morning worth it.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
gently caress YOU DEMAR

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Kyle warming up by chilling out with Lil Lowry.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Don't disappoint me pau gorge

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The one leg ffffff-fadeaway!

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Spinning mid-range jumper count: 1

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Turn my dread into slight optimism

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Stay on the ground, PG.

Don't buy that bullshit, refs.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Lol Lowry

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Are you a hero or a zero solomon hill, tonight is on you big boy

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

legitimately like the raps way more than the pacers, but am sort of rooting for the pacers because it would be funny, sorry toronto peeps I hope you beat cleveland

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
demar is flaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

paul george is going to need to score atleast 40 points

• Locked thread