Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

oh ya, whatever happened with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Albert Tumenov fights this week.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

ICHIBAHN posted:

Which Conor is funnier, God or clown?

the conor that can't support his lifestyle without the money that frequently fighting gives him, and who is becoming more and more desperate about it. that's the funnier conor

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Conor v Nate I was the greatest draw in UFC history, both men equals.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
If this somehow turns into Nate Diaz being the top man in the company, 2016 will be the greatest year in the history of MMA. That was something I didn't think possible after Conor lost, but he's handling it so badly I'm starting to wonder if it can somehow happen.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
When is Nick coming back?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Novum posted:

When is Nick coming back?

i guess when they can manufacture a reason for him to be fighting someone really important for a whole bunch of money when he hasn't won a fight since... wow, 2011.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Great post, Atom. You have wonderful opinions and original content.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
it's a good thing the dates are highlighted

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

I should get a hat with my initials on it.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Skip My Posts posted:

it's a good thing the dates are highlighted
Content sponsored by AtomWheels™ Comprehension Uplifting Nimrod Technology

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
how do you guys feel about Overeem vs Arlovski? I feel like I personally favor Arlovski by a fraction of a butthair

the again, every time I make a prediction about an Overeem fight I end up dead wrong

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

UFC May: Uriah Hall defeats Anderson Silva, sends thanks to Prince, Chyna, Harriet Tubman

Since you picked a different monthly title, I would like to humbly offer this as the UFC 198 GDT title.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

ROFLburger posted:

how do you guys feel about Overeem vs Arlovski? I feel like I personally favor Arlovski by a fraction of a butthair

the again, every time I make a prediction about an Overeem fight I end up dead wrong

Arlovski is probably going to get laid out in a really sad way just like his last fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
as far as i can tell they're both extremely good strikers with glass chins. arlovski is a significant underdog so i will be betting on him.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Arlovksi has lost two of his last 13 fights. Thats pretty impressive for a man of his age. No idea how this helps pick the fight.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Neither guy reacts well to getting hit, but Arlovski always starts backing straight up with his arms out whereas Overeem occasionally finds it within himself to rally. I think they'll both get hurt but Arlovski's chin will give out first.

Or Overeem will have one of his rare performances where he overwhelms his opponent in every regard, since Arlovski's game is largely striking and Overeem is better than him at it.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Marching Powder posted:

as far as i can tell they're both extremely good strikers with glass chins. arlovski is a significant underdog so i will be betting on him.

I think Arlovski's chin is actually reasonably sturdy despite his reputation and several knockout losses, but his defense is so bad he frequently presents opportunities to be hit clean and knocked out in the most devastating of ways. I am not sure someone with a glass chin can have his jaw broken by Rumble Johnson in bonus overtime of the first round due to a timekeeper's fuckup and still fight to a decision. Overeem on the other hand seems to genuinely get loopy any time a big strike lands.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

I think Arlovski's chin is actually reasonably sturdy despite his reputation and several knockout losses, but his defense is so bad he frequently presents opportunities to be hit clean and knocked out in the most devastating of ways. I am not sure someone with a glass chin can have his jaw broken by Rumble Johnson in bonus overtime of the first round due to a timekeeper's fuckup and still fight to a decision. Overeem on the other hand seems to genuinely get loopy any time a big strike lands.

this is a fair point but then i see an armswing strength travis browne flailing backhand almost kill him i think the truth might lay somewhere in the middle

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
its the 1 year anniversary of the last time i remember pheonix jones punching a teenager. is he in the ufc yet

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
And leave Seattle undefended?

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

Bundt Cake posted:

its the 1 year anniversary of the last time i remember pheonix jones punching a teenager. is he in the ufc yet

No, but Bryan Barbarena is.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Keep that dirty hobo away from my good boy Sage.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

eat the hat. little bitch.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Bad news for all you guys who like to try on your $90 giblert shirts before making a purchase; the only physical store to sell the ufc kits is closing down!

http://www.kptv.com/story/31860382/sports-authority-closing-all-450-stores

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bundt Cake posted:

Lol

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bean Fried posted:

I don't know what's worse, Vinny's tattoo or Sage's guard.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
For a minute, I thought that was Condit and was extremely confused.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
It's crazy that we got a fight as good as Lawler/Condit this year, and that's by no means the biggest news story.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Fuuuuck just rewatching Lawler fights as recommended and I forgot how good that last round with Condit was.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Bean Fried posted:

I just spent far too long trying to remember when Condit fought Koscheck.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Crappers posted:

Fuuuuck just rewatching Lawler fights as recommended and I forgot how good that last round with Condit was.

I've rewatched it twice in the last week, showing it to two friends, and there really is a glut of insanely cool stuff going on in that fight.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/sagenorthcutt/status/726614442511896578

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
q: who is the most approachable fighter in the ufc?

a: greetings 25/8

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

fatherdog posted:

Also, re: Hat eating - if you make an edible hat, you have to show photo/video evidence of having worn it in public for at least an hour, as per "Abe vs Flaskfucker". If you eat a non-edible hat, you may skip eating any metal or plastic components, as per "Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe"

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Either someone hacked Conor or he's honestly arguing with fans at this point which is kind of sad.

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/727148128055484416

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/727147585513885696

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I wonder if Conor has even accepted the fact he isn't on the 200 card. He might be that delusional that he still thinks he is and shows up ready to fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Jon Jones could show up at someone's house, follow them around while they do their daily routine and repeat "fagggggggggggggoooooottttttt" then claim he was hacked and it would come across as more likeable and relatable than conor claiming he was winning because he hit the dummy sweep

• Locked thread