Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I'd be interested to see how Mighty Mouse or Dominick Cruz would handle a loss these days cause both guys appear to have the healthiest mentality of "you win some, you lose some" and "making excuses just means you're not going to get better". I really do not expect either to start blaming roller blading, British judging, and no disrespect to frankie edgar but he hasn't proven anything yet if they were to lose again after being undefeated for so long.

If only there was some way to ensure one of them would suffer another loss...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Nate is way stupider than Conor in no way shape or form seems like an accurate assessment

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Nate is shy and he talks like god may have kicked him in the head, but if you've learned anything in the wake of his triumphant victory it's that he's the cool, self-assured Diaz who does dope poo poo like talk rides with JCVD

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

K8.0 posted:

The funny thing is that right after his loss, he didn't seem to be handling it like a mental weakling. He acknowledged the loss, made an excuse that sounded vaguely reasonable and self-blaming, and said he'd come back better. The excuse seemed like a calculation to avoid admitting he isn't the best and give him options going forward, pretty smart stuff. Ever since then, though, he's been slowly showing more and more cracks, which is really the most entertaining way a breakdown can happen.

The fact that he lost to a man who is clearly way stupider than him, who has no eloquence at all, who doesn't have "the look", who's never beaten a top tier guy, and who just doesn't give a gently caress about him has to really be eating away at him.

Freak

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's honestly impressive. For months/years we said the first time Ronda and Conor lost, their meltdowns would be spectacular, and somehow it ended up even better than hoped. One's publicly denying everything while begging for more chances and losing every opportunity, the other immediately went from "I hate do nothing bitches who only care about loving millionaires, also gently caress domestic violence" to "my only reason to still be alive is to have a baby with this rich domestic abuser"

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

It's honestly impressive. For months/years we said the first time Ronda and Conor lost, their meltdowns would be spectacular, and somehow it ended up even better than hoped. One's publicly denying everything while begging for more chances and losing every opportunity, the other immediately went from "I hate do nothing bitches who only care about loving millionaires, also gently caress domestic violence" to "my only reason to still be alive is to have a baby with this rich domestic abuser"

Yeah ronda probably feels really stupid for saying domestic violence is bad right about now

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

manyak posted:

Yeah ronda probably feels really stupid for saying domestic violence is bad right about now

lol at this, lol at K.08 and lol at Nate Diaz breaking Conor McGregor.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I don't think Travis Browne is rich

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Conor McGregor: I'm not mad, you're mad.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

manyak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGBngddSZfY

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

david carmichael posted:

same

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
on a side note remember when travis browne didn't have the beard that from the front makes him resemble humpty dumpty;s first foray into space

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Conor posted 9,000 words about why he's the best and will beat Nate next time and all Nate posted in reply was:

https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/727241196582658053

Conor going to need to form a support group for himself and the other victims of Diaz hypnosis at this rate.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 2, 2016

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Before the fight John Kavanagh was talking in hushed tones about how we were about to witness the fitness of the modern warrior and Conor kept talking about how he was on weight and felt better than ever and now he lost and he keeps using the old 'too many breakfasts' excuse.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

on a side note remember when travis browne didn't have the beard that from the front makes him resemble humpty dumpty;s first foray into space

He looks like one of those 'here's what elephants look like without tusks' things.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
heres what i like to remember about travis browne aka big brown

https://streamable.com/h13t

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i know nick is not classically eloquent but his dan quinn style video where he's driving and talking poo poo about mayhem contains the most pure and fundamental burn of all time when he says "you have to walk around and be that rear end in a top hat every day? that's too bad for you man" and no amount of chaels or mcgregors will surpass it

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i know nick is not classically eloquent but his dan quinn style video where he's driving and talking poo poo about mayhem contains the most pure and fundamental burn of all time when he says "you have to walk around and be that rear end in a top hat every day? that's too bad for you man" and no amount of chaels or mcgregors will surpass it

lmao

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

david carmichael posted:

in fact it's hard to find many currently ranked heavyweights who make less money than Browne does to fight/win. Barnett, Arlovski, Overeem, Hunt, Mir, etc. all get hundreds of thousands of dollars to show up and get knocked out while Browne is stuck on a $50k/$50k contract.

Even Roy Nelson appears to have a slightly better deal than Travis Browne.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

"LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE IRISH FIGHTERS COMING TO AMERICA: WE'RE NOT HERE TO TAKE PART, WE'RE HERE TO TAKE OVER!"
/

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Conor McGriddle is the greatest of all time.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

You've seen Conor on salads, now see him on smiley faced chocolate chip pancakes!

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Bluedeanie posted:

"LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE IRISH FIGHTERS COMING TO AMERICA: WE'RE NOT HERE TO TAKE PART, WE'RE HERE TO TAKE OVER!"
/

Why does it look like Conor has mascara on in this picture?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I was going to say 4 breakfasts + dessert seems excessive even for a professional athlete. to draw further pacquaio and mcgregor comparisons: I understand Manny Pacquaio used to eat like 10,000 calories a day but certainly it wasn't all at once. what was conor thinking that morning.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

K8.0 posted:

Why does it look like Conor has mascara on in this picture?

He is getting photographed for a magazine, so he is probably wearing makeup

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ok cool here's another, whose post-loss break down has been funnier, Conor or Ronda?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

ICHIBAHN posted:

Ok cool here's another, whose post-loss break down has been funnier, Conor or Ronda?

Ronda's has been going on a lot longer. But for me it boils down to: if Ronda right now is near shape where she could conceivably start a camp in a month then conor's is funnier right now.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Seen a picture of him without the beard and he looks SO much more handsome. Nothing like the turd golem he is now. He's still a prick of a person.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

david carmichael posted:

Ronda's has been going on a lot longer. But for me it boils down to: if Ronda right now is near shape where she could conceivably start a camp in a month then conor's is funnier right now.

She looks like she's lost all the depression weight at least and is back to being out of camp fat Ronda.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

1st AD posted:

She looks like she's lost all the depression weight at least and is back to being out of camp fat Ronda.

Conor's is funnier until she breaks up with Browne *bangs gavel*

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Ronda almost killed herself

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Ronda's going to come back and demolish Miesha and then Holly Holm's going to slowly stop existing ala Marty McFly.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

1st AD posted:

she's still carrying an extra 260lbs of depressionweight

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

New official name for the 155lb womens division?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Dangersim posted:

Ronda almost killed herself

Which funny column are you counting this in

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Anything to dodge the new, leaner Cyborg.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Chris Weidman has been saying the same things about wanting a rematch

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Dangersim posted:

Chris Weidman has been saying the same things about wanting a rematch

Chris Weidman didn't go on a trip around the world in eighty days to avoid having to look Luke Rockhold in the eyes.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Dan Didio do you have a crush on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Yes.

• Locked thread