Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

Drew Galloway's heel turn in evolve was all about his resentment of their relationship with WWE and that as an indie wrestler he wanted to be an independent man who could make something of himself without spending the rest of his career begging for another shot in WWE. He usually expresses this opinion after cheapshotting Johnny Gargano, the face of EVOLVE and its relationship with WWE.

Tonight during their match EC3 ran in and laid out Johnny Gargano. He talked about how he spent some time "up north" and buried the dumb reality show NXT he was on. He said it was only after he was free from "stamford, up north, the king of kings, whatever you want to call it" that he was able to flourish as an independent pro wrestler (the implication here being that TNA is just another indie fed) and there were a lot more burials of WWE and developmental for heat. TBQH the whole thing went a little too long for my tastes but it set up two guys who have signed a WWE contract against the TNA world champion and their undefeated golden boy so WWE's feeder indie fed is now set up as equal to TNA, and eventually superior when they win the feud lol

Anything that clowns TNA is good by me and Drew owns IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Anything that clowns TNA is good by me and Drew owns IMO.

'What do you mean clown, having our TNA champ feud with NXT means WWE finally sees us their equal. We made it!' - Dixie Carter

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Vince should offer them an hour on the network, then when they go to shake hands, pull his hand away and strut.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

whiteyfats posted:

Vince should offer them an hour on the network, then when they go to shake hands, pull his hand away and strut.

I want this, because then we'd get Dixie trying to make a tweet about how they had a handshake deal but the tweet will become an email to Donald Trump who will fight Vince next WM, protecting Dixie's honor.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

Drew Galloway's heel turn in evolve was all about his resentment of their relationship with WWE and that as an indie wrestler he wanted to be an independent man who could make something of himself without spending the rest of his career begging for another shot in WWE. He usually expresses this opinion after cheapshotting Johnny Gargano, the face of EVOLVE and its relationship with WWE.

Tonight during their match EC3 ran in and laid out Johnny Gargano. He talked about how he spent some time "up north" and buried the dumb reality show NXT he was on. He said it was only after he was free from "stamford, up north, the king of kings, whatever you want to call it" that he was able to flourish as an independent pro wrestler (the implication here being that TNA is just another indie fed) and there were a lot more burials of WWE and developmental for heat. TBQH the whole thing went a little too long for my tastes but it set up two guys who have signed a WWE contract against the TNA world champion and their undefeated golden boy so WWE's feeder indie fed is now set up as equal to TNA, and eventually superior when they win the feud lol

EC3 isn't undefeated

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ayn rand hand job posted:

EC3 isn't undefeated
I know but isn't that how tna continues to bill him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

Nah, not since he "lost for the first time" a few weeks ago

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

He was pinned by Bennett like 2 weeks ago

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
And he's lost a Last Man Standing match before that.

Plus the two time champion thing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

According to cagematch he's lost over 50 times during this undefeated streak

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

According to cagematch he's lost over 50 times during this undefeated streak

Well they started as an undefeated streak, but they moved it to never been pinned or submitted after he lost by DQ and they kept it that way until the Bennett match.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Poor Garrett the only sane TNA fan left:

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/729127871868964865

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Replace "TNA" with "Scientology" in his Rules of Representing TNA When Online paragraph and everything about it still applies perfectly.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 9, 2016

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I'm not sure how denying reality about EC3 is any different.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I dunno, if TNA's your jam, you gotta admit the office is a running clusterfuck.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

coconono posted:

I dunno, if TNA's your jam, you gotta admit the office is a running clusterfuck.

They stopped running and are now squatting in an abandoned warehouse.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, every Barrett comment so far on his future leaves the door for a wrestling return open eventually but stresses that he wants to pursue other stuff currently. Hoping he gets a shot at movies

I mean, I don't think he has much of a future in Hollywood but he could probably go back to the UK and do a solid job of playing "big badguy enforcer" for basically the rest of time in lovely British crime dramas and action movies.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I mean, I don't think he has much of a future in Hollywood but he could probably go back to the UK and do a solid job of playing "big badguy enforcer" for basically the rest of time in lovely British crime dramas and action movies.

Vinnie Jones moved into muscial comedy, there's a gap in the market.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hey, if Kurrgan can be in multiple big budget films, then so can Barrett.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Hey, if Kurrgan can be in multiple big budget films, then so can Barrett.

Kurrgan is taller than Barrett and also Kurrgan owns, say hello to your next TNA Legends champion Wally Bartlett.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Grendels Dad posted:

Kurrgan is taller than Barrett and also Kurrgan owns, say hello to your next TNA Legends champion Wally Bartlett.

I'm glad a new episode of Impact happened and no one has bothered to talk about what happened in the discussion thread.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Not even TNA watches TNA

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Oh my, have I necro'd a TNA thread? That's... that's amazing :allears:

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Strawberry Panda posted:

I'm glad a new episode of Impact happened and no one has bothered to talk about what happened in the discussion thread.

Willow.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

How many Willows? Which Willow was it?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I know this is a bad decision, and I am at best wasting my money, and at worst enabling Dixie Carter, but I kinda want a TNA T-Shirt, and am planning on buying one from their website. Preferably from a wrestler that doesn't wrestle there anymore.

Can anyone here a) try to talk me out of it, and b) tell me what they, (shoptna.com), are like in regards to international shipping etc.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

I know this is a bad decision, and I am at best wasting my money, and at worst enabling Dixie Carter, but I kinda want a TNA T-Shirt, and am planning on buying one from their website. Preferably from a wrestler that doesn't wrestle there anymore.

Can anyone here a) try to talk me out of it, and b) tell me what they, (shoptna.com), are like in regards to international shipping etc.

I mean do what you want to do, but Ironic T-Shirts are getting kind of stale, you know?

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable

Double down on the guilt and see if you can find a Hogan shirt in there.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I'll allow it only if you find the AJ Styles cum shirt.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Lots of Aces & 8's and Beatdown Clan shirts available.

Also, THIS monstrosity.

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 13, 2016

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DM Punk posted:

Lots of Aces & 8's and Beatdown Clan shirts available.

Also, THIS monstrosity.

Ah cool, the nostalgic effect of when you're on the main screen of a Sega Genesis game and the vertical hold on the tv goes crazy

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

is aj styles seriously still the model for merch despite being a main eventer in the wwe?

do they literally have no one else to model?

was matt hardy busy?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ostentatious posted:

is aj styles seriously still the model for merch despite being a main eventer in the wwe?

do they literally have no one else to model?

was matt hardy busy?

You're implying that TNA had the money to reshoot the pictures of those shirts. I am not convinced they even can afford to bust one of each shirt out of the wrapper for a photo shoot. I am not convinced they can pay the photographer.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rotinaj posted:

You're implying that TNA had the money to reshoot the pictures of those shirts. I am not convinced they even can afford to bust one of each shirt out of the wrapper for a photo shoot. I am not convinced they can pay the photographer.

Are you saying that "J.B." Jeremy Borash won't take the pictures for free?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

RZApublican posted:

Are you saying that "J.B." Jeremy Borash won't take the pictures for free?

Maybe if they can provide a disposable camera for him. The old kind with the little clicking wheel to advance the film, that feels really hollow on the inside.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Get the Dixie Carter action figure

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Tomahawk posted:

The action figure has a less plastic smile than the pictures of Dixie next to it.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Choking hazard if given a mic or control of a company

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Tomahawk posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007