Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

some guys are married for years before learning their partner doesn't know about firefly. i was lucky to catch on at the wedding planner's office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Hi grandma, please sign the guestbook. First name, last name, Battle.net ID. Mum asked me to tell you to be careful because instead of flower petals we're throwing white and black legos

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
i'm currently working on a website and app where you can crowdsource wives and husbands in an open source hackable p2p environment, i'm calling it "ImABigDumbButtWithNoSocialSkillsBlr"

think of it as the uber of the marriage (and divorce) industry.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Grand Prize Winner posted:

post more nerd poo poo failing. no bernie sanders or star citizen, please
your posting

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Otisburg posted:

gotta say as father of a young girl i'm imagining her coming to me in 15-20 years with a prospective son in law asking me to pay for their comicon destination naruto-themed wedding and contemplating eating a gun

You're actually being way too optimistic, the animes the kids will be watching in 15 to 20 years will be massively worse than Naruto by a margin that is completely unimaginable to us here and now.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

and that's why this forum is dying

nobody can accept the anime future

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

abigserve posted:

This is probably the most important decision I will ever make

Ahaha, no. I mean it seems like it at a glace, but after the second or third time you begin to realize it's about as big a decision as buying a scratch ticket. It seems like a good idea in the moment, and then a few minutes later it's all disappointment and tossing the evidence in a gas station dumpster.

True story, I actually met my second wife at my first wedding.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 11:04 on May 2, 2016

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Frankenstyle posted:

True story, I actually met my second wife at my first wedding.

sex idiot
Apr 25, 2016

how do nerds even get married anyway it's not like you can make a wedding ring out of binary or keyboards why not just stay online

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

im going to have a jock marriage where everyone has to throw a log over another log

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Alan Smithee posted:

im going to have a jock marriage where everyone has to throw a log over another log

And thanks to the supreme court for making that possible.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Reminds me of those couples who hold their real-life marriage ceremonies inside MMOs.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If I ever get married it will be at a courthouse.

Anyone remember that goon wedding thread where terrible ideas like this were the norm?

"Sure the wedding cost $20k, and we got divorced a couple years later, but we had a bouncy house":colbert:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

enraged_camel posted:

Reminds me of those couples who hold their real-life marriage ceremonies inside MMOs.

goonfession: prior to our actual wedding our mmo guys got married. we divorced irl, but i guess technically my night elf beastmaster hunter is still married to her night elf balance druid
:goonsay:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

sex idiot posted:

how do nerds even get married anyway it's not like you can make a wedding ring out of binary or keyboards why not just stay online

The wedding cake topper industry has foreseen this

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Salem Saberhagen posted:

She wanted to maintain her open relationship after the wedding and he was just not having it.
I've seen it a thousand times before. What is it with broken failures that are obsessed with videogames and open relationships?
It seems even more prevalent with actual developers.
I think I know the answer...

Nerds tend to have broken brains and commitment issues?

sex idiot
Apr 25, 2016

ugh! blergh. *spits* This cake is for Nerds!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lol if you arent just going to weddings for the open bar anyway

Mr_Schmoo
Dec 10, 2002

Nerd marriages are terrible. My wife once said to me that I wasn't as important as her Torchwood fanfiction. We're in therapy now.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
lest we forget

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3201527&pagenumber=1827&perpage=40#post410260019

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Otisburg posted:

my best friend got married to a gal he met in world of warcraft and they had a "cloud city" themed wedding cake with han and leia plus the falcon on top of a pink and fuchsia cake with cotton candy on top. (cotton candy does not stay fluffy long).

they have been together a good 8 or 9 years, recently bought a house and seem quite happy.

I work with a dude who's engaged to a chick he met on WoW. They've been engaged for years, she's fat and physically abusive and he's probably slightly less fat and emotionally abusive and right now they sleep in separate rooms and do nothing but fight.

So all around that's two WoW romance success stories.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Cthulu Carl posted:

I work with a dude who's engaged to a chick he met on WoW. They've been engaged for years, she's fat and physically abusive and he's probably slightly less fat and emotionally abusive and right now they sleep in separate rooms and do nothing but fight.

So all around that's two WoW romance success stories.

well ok but you missed out the the most important point - do they still game together?

online in separate rooms counts.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

lorn Wayne posted:

well ok but you missed out the the most important point - do they still game together?

online in separate rooms counts.

They actually do.

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Everything about these 2 peoples' lives is very childish and makes me sad

I dunno, it sounds to me like she made the first genuinely adult decision of her life. The catalyst was probably the realization that her fiancé insisted on pixel art for their save-the-dates.

Gaming is a hobby, not a loving identity. Neeeeeerds!

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You're actually being way too optimistic, the animes the kids will be watching in 15 to 20 years will be massively worse than Naruto by a margin that is completely unimaginable to us here and now.

Tentacle rape will be mainstream by then.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

DirtyMick posted:

Tentacle rape will be mainstream by then.

get with the times grandpa, tentacle rape has been passe since like 2010

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

get with the times grandpa, tentacle rape has been passe since like 2010

Tentacle rape has been passe since it got mentioned in the CBS sitcom "Yes, Dear".

Tim Conway gets into comics and the skinny annoying bird woman that's not married to Mike O'Malley is all " Oh you mean like ones about superheros like Superman, of ones where underaged girls get violated by viscous tendrils of writhing flesh like Overfiend?"

I dunno when that episode originally aired, but I remember a rerun of it as far back as 2006.

The Hman
Jan 6, 2015

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Alan Smithee posted:

and that's why this forum is dying

nobody can accept the anime future

Fight the future

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Now this is romance

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

shadow puppet of a posted:

You put a shower caddy's suction cup on the screen, bite the nubbin end in your teeth and then slip your tongue out between your incisors to flick at the capacitive screen shutter icon.

If he was capable of pulling off this move she would never have left.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
That should free up more time for gaming.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

FlimFlam Imam posted:

That should free up more time for gaming.

silver linings abound :buddy:

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

haha level cap
maybe the dlc will raise it and you can get married

*dlc cancelled*

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Leveling up? More like Game Over you loving nerd.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

I am Toni Lippi posted:

Lol

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

I am Toni Lippi posted:

ha ha

The Hman
Jan 6, 2015
dick 1 complete

please insert dick 2 to continue

cuckolded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009

Not enough blocks for the "will you " ?
Or is it more like inputting commands to a robot. Beep boop marry me!

• Locked thread