Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Have you seen the sequel to 50 First Dates where they're married and he fucks her and every morning gets done for rape? It's pretty good. Anyway it got me thinking about amnesia and how funny it is like the bit in Memento when he tattoos that he is gay on his penis.

Anyway if you haven't forgotton already, this thread is all about mangosteens.

Talk about whatever it was itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
What thread is this again?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
the ending of that movie did have some pretty horrific implications

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
that movie fulfilled my fantasy of sexually abusing the mentally disabled

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Airborne Viking posted:

You do that every time you masturbate

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

various cheeses posted:

:eyepop:

can you imagine what it would be like to wake up every day after an accident and discover you're stuck with Adam Sandler? gently caress there are some good reasons for suicide!

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

various cheeses posted:

ahahahaha

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

various cheeses posted:

yikes

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Well personally I enjoyed The Dark Descent, but A Machine for Pigs was just silly. :shrug:

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE

various cheeses posted:

that burn was... unforgettable

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

various cheeses posted:

hahahahaha goddamnit various cheeses

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I had a prescription for rozerem a number of years back and I quit taking it after a week when it made me forget everything that had happened over the prior three days. I freaked out like a little bitch.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't remember the last time I've seen a funny thread in GBS. Please, help me.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

various cheeses posted:

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE

Illavick posted:

that burn was... unforgettable

You know this actually reminds me of my own run in with amnesia. My grandfather on my father's side moved in with us when he started to get too old to live alone.

His wife, my paternal grandmother, was his high school sweet heart. They got married in their late teens and stayed together until she died of her second heart attack when she was in her early 60s. It's been 10 years since and the old guy had stuck on to life. They were big music lovers, especially of their youth. Their song was Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable". It was even their wedding song. One of the few possessions grandpa had was a few boxes of records and an old record player. His memory was starting to go.

At first it was small things but as it started to get worse, he'd start to think grandma was still alive. Nearly a decade just vanished like it was nothing. That was probably when it was the worst. Everyone would avoid questions about her until he'd start to panic that something was wrong. Someone would have to sit down and have the talk with him, about how his wife had died 8 years ago. Some days were okay but when he would start to talk about Irene we knew it was a countdown to pain. Eventually this stopped. The memory problems started become frequent enough that by the time we'd have to break the news to him again, he would forget the whole thing. She was always out shopping, or doing her hair, or visiting the girls or something. I think his mood impressed, personally, as he still thought she was alive.

When he was close to death he had to be reminded every hour what he was up to and never seemed to go long enough to ask about his wife or old friends. I remember the day he died. My dad found him in his room one morning, sitting in a chair in front of the window. He had managed to dress himself in an old black suit of his. The old record player had been rather quietly bumping it's needle at the inside of the record. It was Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable".

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Are we or can we talk about the well regarded PC game "Amnesia: the dark descent"? I would rather talk about that tbh

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Illavick posted:

You know this actually reminds me of my own run in with amnesia. My grandfather on my father's side moved in with us when he started to get too old to live alone.

His wife, my paternal grandmother, was his high school sweet heart. They got married in their late teens and stayed together until she died of her second heart attack when she was in her early 60s. It's been 10 years since and the old guy had stuck on to life. They were big music lovers, especially of their youth. Their song was Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable". It was even their wedding song. One of the few possessions grandpa had was a few boxes of records and an old record player. His memory was starting to go.

At first it was small things but as it started to get worse, he'd start to think grandma was still alive. Nearly a decade just vanished like it was nothing. That was probably when it was the worst. Everyone would avoid questions about her until he'd start to panic that something was wrong. Someone would have to sit down and have the talk with him, about how his wife had died 8 years ago. Some days were okay but when he would start to talk about Irene we knew it was a countdown to pain. Eventually this stopped. The memory problems started become frequent enough that by the time we'd have to break the news to him again, he would forget the whole thing. She was always out shopping, or doing her hair, or visiting the girls or something. I think his mood impressed, personally, as he still thought she was alive.

When he was close to death he had to be reminded every hour what he was up to and never seemed to go long enough to ask about his wife or old friends. I remember the day he died. My dad found him in his room one morning, sitting in a chair in front of the window. He had managed to dress himself in an old black suit of his. The old record player had been rather quietly bumping it's needle at the inside of the record. It was Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable".

same

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
I'm sorry I didn't realise there was already an amnesia thread

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

various cheeses posted:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Captain Yossarian posted:

Are we or can we talk about the well regarded PC game "Amnesia: the dark descent"? I would rather talk about that tbh

talk about planescape torment the superior game

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
My gfs grandpa was talking to himself in the mirror, when his wife walks up and he says to himself, let's finish this later, my wife just showed up :rolleyes:

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Thread helped me remember that am a little bitch who freaks out when the first Gatherer shows up, thanks op.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I also tattoo notes to myself on my chest so I don't forget

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

In the first game I mixed some potions together and then I got lost in the boring samey hallways.

thats my amnesia story thank you

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I posted the dementia mega thread image cause it made me laugh like, 8 months ago

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

various cheeses posted:

so you work from home, op?

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
*looks in the mirror*

WHOOOOO AAAAAAARE YOOOOOOOOOU !!!! ?????

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

did you hear they're remaking that memento movie

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE

Airborne Viking posted:

so you work from home, op?

You know the home is a strange place. It reminds me of my own run in with amnesia. My grandfather paternal called our house his home when he was approaching death.

When he was close to death he had to be reminded every hour what he was up to and never seemed to go long enough to ask about his wife or old friends. I remember the day he died. My dad found him in his room one morning, sitting in a chair in front of the window. He had managed to dress himself in an old black suit of his. The old record player had been rather quietly bumping it's needle at the inside of the record. It was Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable"

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Airborne Viking posted:

By any chance, is your last name Stubblefield?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

it's junkiss

cammy junkiss

u_kill_my_friends
May 2, 2016

by zen death robot
rats and parasitic liar entrapment welfare scammer juggalos smell particularly gross so its easy to remember even if ur amnesia

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Windows 98 posted:

I also tattoo notes to myself on my chest so I don't forget

I hope you remembered to write the words in mirror writing.

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE

Ibogaine posted:

I hope you remembered to write the words in mirror writing.

We should make an app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

various cheeses posted:

lol

• Locked thread