Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

No number has an absolute value of -50.

Just reading through Rodak's twitter feed. I hate him.

Who did Manuel throw an interception to without wings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

Second-round rookie CB James Bradberry worked with the first-team defense on the opening day of Panthers OTAs.

He lined up across from Robert McClain in the starting lineup. Third-round pick Daryl Worley also saw snaps with the first team, but he was clearly working behind Bradberry and McClain. With Josh Norman gone, the Panthers will lean heavily on their rookie corners this season.

The Panthers start off the season with 2.5 easy QB matchups so we'll see if the young guys can quickly get up to speed. That would be ideal.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

The Panthers start off the season with 2.5 easy QB matchups so we'll see if the young guys can quickly get up to speed. That would be ideal.

Wait... Robert McClain is taking 1st team defensive snaps on the outside? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dog, ya'lls poo poo is dire.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

Reggie Ragland said he didn't get what the big deal was about Buffalo wings.

(He's wrong, by the way. Buffalo doesn't have a whole lot going for it, but their wings and their beef on wecks are loving unimpeachable.)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Wait... Robert McClain is taking 1st team defensive snaps on the outside? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dog, ya'lls poo poo is dire.

Bene is still out and Peanut isn't back yet/maybe won't be back at all.

They like McClain a lot. He started in the playoffs.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

fsif posted:

beef on wecks

just googled this. I want one now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Bene is still out and Peanut isn't back yet/maybe won't be back at all.

They like McClain a lot. He started in the playoffs.

He's alright. I liked him in Atlanta, but if he started 16 games on the outside, I'd be making GBS threads myself with fear every week.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Tyler Eifert is going to be recovering from ankle surgery from the stupid rear end Pro Bowl until the end of pre-season at least.

current mood: wowza

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

No Butt Stuff posted:

just googled this. I want one now.

I looked it up as well, what is this a homemade Arby's sandwich?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

Yes, in the same way a perfectly grilled ribeye is a homemade Big Mac.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Well, a ribeye is a nice cut of beef, and a big mac is a decent and unique fast food sandwich. I googled "Beef on Wecks" and its a roast beef sandwich, how good can a roast beef sandwich really be

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

I googled "Beef on Wecks" and its a roast beef sandwich, how good can a roast beef sandwich really be

Knowing nothing about this particular sandwich, I'd venture to say in general good enough that it doesn't deserve to be compared to Arby's.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

Well, a ribeye is a nice cut of beef, and a big mac is a decent and unique fast food sandwich. I googled "Beef on Wecks" and its a roast beef sandwich, how good can a roast beef sandwich really be

I had a drat good beef n cheddar not too long ago

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

:laffo: This is great.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Arby's does have a nice selection of sauces to dip their curly fries into, I love 2 have a spread of fries and sauces

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

A lot better than Arby's.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Pron on VHS posted:

Remind me never to eat at your place.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
beef on wecks is a name that does not sound very appetizing imo

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

No Butt Stuff posted:

And no jersey is -50. He is saying the jersey is the absolute value of -50, which is 50.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Looks like thick chewy Arby's. Pass. I just take the free fresh bread and throw an 8 ounce fillet on it when I take the wife out.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Cavauro posted:

Tyler Eifert is going to be recovering from ankle surgery from the stupid rear end Pro Bowl until the end of pre-season at least.

current mood: wowza

hell buddy....that's what he gets for getting ankle surgery, at a football game

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

get this: 'small' and 'large' ankle surgery is the same amount. just differently shaped cups

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Arby's is pretty decent and I'm so mad the only one that's ever opened near me was replaced by a Starbucks

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

Arby's is pretty decent and I'm so mad the only one that's ever opened near me was replaced by a Starbucks

counterpoint: it is poo poo, do not eat poo poo.

On an unrelated topic, Taco Bell Popeyes is the GOAT fast food restaurant, discussssssssssssssssssssssssssss

edit:

VVV Undeniable.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 25, 2016

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Popeyes

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Chik Fil A by far come on not even close.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Wendys

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

AAA DOLFAN posted:

They are annoyingly not open on Sunday.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I've never understood the hype surrounding Chik Fil A. Whenever I've had it it's nothing but a basic chicken sandwich, not any better than any other major fast food joint.

Five Guys on the other hand actually makes a pretty good hamburger.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Flikken posted:

They are annoyingly not open on Sunday.

My primary complaint about them, it seems like every time I want to eat some decent fried chicken sammiches, it's a goddamn sunday.

NC-17 posted:

Chik Fil A is nothing special. Never understood the hype.

It's also not fast food.

It's also overpriced and overrated. Quality has dropped off in recent years to the point that I just can't eat there anymore. I might as well eat a loving whopper, which is only slightly better than a McD's burger. If you want a loving FAST FOOD burger, it's gotta be Checkers*.

*disclaimer* except in California.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 25, 2016

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

NC-17 posted:

I've never understood the hype surrounding Chik Fil A. Whenever I've had it it's nothing but a basic chicken sandwich, not any better than any other major fast food joint.

If you don't think their chicken sandwich is better than McDonald's or Wendy's or anything then I just dunno.

All their stuff is a step above their competition. Fries, chicken nuggets, salads, shakes. It's all better. Plus amazing customer service.

How is it not fast food? Other fast food places are typically slower. Maybe your franchise sucks but I'd be surprised considering how strict their corporate standards are. A family friend owns one and I know how much work goes into them.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Five Guys is pretty drat good, too. Hard to argue that, not many burger places will let you rock mushrooms and onions for free with your delicious cheeseburger.

Those fries kinda suck tho. I just don't enjoy soggy fries

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Chik-Fil-A is the God tier of fast food.

Popeyes is definitely the next tier down though.

Edit: As someone who has lived in Texas and California, Whataburger is superior to In-N-Out, and they alongside with Wendys are the gold standard for a fast food burger.

Five Guys kind of sucks and is far overpriced for what it is. Smashburger and Mooyah's are far better choices, and come with fries that aren't absolute garbage!

Edit 2:

Tiers:

A+ - Chik-Fil-A
A - Popeyes, Wendy's, Whataburger
A- - In-N-Out, Taco Bell, Raising Cane's.
B+ - Steak n' Shake, Sonic
B - Jack in the Box, Arby's
B- Long John Silver's, Carl Jr's
poo poo tier - McDonalds, Burger King (Ugh, the absolute loving worst), KFC

Kirios fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 25, 2016

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Five Guys, Chipotle, and the like are not fast food, they are fast casual.

Subway has the customer experience of fast casual with the quality of fast food, so I am unsure about it.

Pizza Hut, while owned by Yum!, is not Fast Food, it is a Pizza Restaurant.

Boston Market, despite being an ancient chain, is fast casual like Subway, and their quality isn't as bad as it sounds, I think.

Here are the only fast food joints in the USA:

Wendy's
Burger King
McDonalds
Hardees
Carl Jr.
In-N-Out
Jack in the Box
Arby's
Taco Bell
KFC
Popeyes
Bojangles
Long John Silver's
Roy Rogers
Chick-Fil-A
Raising Canes
Sonic

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 25, 2016

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Boston Market is actually not bad at all...I wish they would expand again. I figured they would do better now with how fast casual has taken on compared to 10-15 years ago.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
For a restaurant to be Fast Food it must satisfy all 3 conditions:

- Serve hot meals as their main offering (no Starbucks or Baskin Robbins)
- Order off a menu, with no "watch it being made" model (Subway, Chipotle, etc.)
- Have a drive-thru, or have branches/franchises with a drive-thru

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Chilichimp posted:

My primary complaint about them, it seems like every time I want to eat some decent fried chicken sammiches, it's a goddamn sunday.

It's also not fast food.

It's also overpriced and overrated. Quality has dropped off in recent years to the point that I just can't eat there anymore. I might as well eat a loving whopper, which is only slightly better than a McD's burger. If you want a loving FAST FOOD burger, it's gotta be Checkers*.

*disclaimer* except in California.

You must either have really good Burger Kings or really lovely McDonalds's by you. The Burger Kings by me used to be decent but they're just awful gray meat now.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Jack's is good imo

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Kirios posted:

Edit: As someone who has lived in Texas and California, Whataburger is superior to In-N-Out, and they alongside with Wendys are the gold standard for a fast food burger.

Five Guys kind of sucks and is far overpriced for what it is. Smashburger and Mooyah's are far better choices, and come with fries that aren't absolute garbage!

I can't comment on Whataburger because I have never tried it, but saying Wendy's burgers are better than In & Out is loving insane. I'm not a fan of Five Guys but Smashburger has to be one of the worst places I have had a burger. Maybe it was the franchise I went to but on 2 different occasions, the burger was the absolute greasiest thing I have ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

For a restaurant to be Fast Food it must satisfy all 3 conditions:

- Serve hot meals as their main offering (no Starbucks or Baskin Robbins)
- Order off a menu, with no "watch it being made" model (Subway, Chipotle, etc.)
- Have a drive-thru, or have branches/franchises with a drive-thru

Did you forget about sonic? Cause they fulfill all that

Also golden chick is pretty good, it is not better than Popeyes but I like it

• Locked thread