Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Volkerball posted:

Yeah it's more funny that Geno is training with all pro receivers. When he practices with his team now he'll underthrow a ball by 10 yards and be like why didn't you catch it.

Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker, noted bad receivers.

I am actually not as surprised as most of you that those receivers were practicing with Geno. I have heard over and over that the guy will absolutely wow you with the throws he can make in practice, its just he completely falls apart once he steps into a real game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MrSargent posted:

I am actually not as surprised as most of you that those receivers were practicing with Geno. I have heard over and over that the guy will absolutely wow you with the throws he can make in practice, its just he completely falls apart once he steps into a real game.

I mean we are talking about a guy who had a 20 td to 0 int ratio at one point at West Virginia

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Mostly because he would throw 5 yard passes to Bailey or Austin who were some of the best YAC guys in college football

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

CyberPingu posted:

I dont understand...how does Jim Caldwell do impressions if he cant even manage facial expressions...

Has the perfect demeanor to impersonate a corpse.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Metapod posted:

Page 81 may NV. Enjoy

Thanks man. Good poo poo. Also lead to me buying a sous vide cooker so double good.

Sadly he's not the only person who has hosed up some meat.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
What did you do to that toad?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Big Jesus posted:

Thanks man. Good poo poo. Also lead to me buying a sous vide cooker so double good.

What is inside those trash bags?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Uh take that pic down, remember how much trouble Schefter got in for that photo of JPP's hand

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
That's what two pork shoulders look like after 4 hours at 500 degrees. And yeah they were stuck to the grate so when I held them upside down over the trash can I had to scrape them off too.

And yes the drip tray did warp itself.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Why would you not check your meat regularly while cooking it?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
More importantly why did you think cooking something at 500 degrees for 4 hours was a good idea?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You gotta remember to do the checking the meat dance. It's in the rules.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
A bunch of friends were in town for the weekend. We were partying until about 4am Friday night. Since the plan was to have the shoulders for dinner, I knew there was no way they would be ready when everybody would want them unless I cooked them overnight. It was my first attempt at an overnight smoke, and only the second time actually smoking something (brisket came out perfect first time). Drunk me didn't put the meat and pan in before getting it up to temperature, and instead waited until it was at 225. I opened it up to put the stuff in but left a couple things inside and ended up taking a couple minutes to close the smoker. And I passed out immediately. By then the temp skyrocketed. Hell I only got up at 8 still drunk because my dogs needed to go out. I figured I'd check the meat. Saw the thermometer was at 500 and figured it was broken or something. Opened it up and just started screaming.

Made another shoulder the weekend after for Thanksgiving and it came out perfect though.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I mean, the steak was massively overdone but likely edible.

There is nothing edible about those pork shoulders.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Big Jesus posted:

A bunch of friends were in town for the weekend. We were partying until about 4am Friday night. Since the plan was to have the shoulders for dinner, I knew there was no way they would be ready when everybody would want them unless I cooked them overnight. It was my first attempt at an overnight smoke, and only the second time actually smoking something (brisket came out perfect first time). Drunk me didn't put the meat and pan in before getting it up to temperature, and instead waited until it was at 225. I opened it up to put the stuff in but left a couple things inside and ended up taking a couple minutes to close the smoker. And I passed out immediately. By then the temp skyrocketed. Hell I only got up at 8 still drunk because my dogs needed to go out. I figured I'd check the meat. Saw the thermometer was at 500 and figured it was broken or something. Opened it up and just started screaming.

Made another shoulder the weekend after for Thanksgiving and it came out perfect though.

FTFY

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

gently caress man at least hide it in spoiler text and label it NSFW.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I think the real question burning in everyone's mind is....

What player is in the best shape of their life right now?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

MrSargent posted:

Eddie Lacy 2015

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

MrSargent posted:

terrelle pryor is getting that kinda treatment

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
i'm probably in the best shape of my life and a big part is not eating very much meat at all. probably once every three days

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

v2vian man posted:

i'm probably in the best shape of my life and a big part is not eating very much meat at all. probably once every three days

No wonder you're so irritable

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

v2vian man posted:

I like how people who know nothing about nutrition attribute it to this and not the overall change they made of cutting out all processed garbage and meat (which is actually good and cool for you).

Add the meat back in. You'll feel even better.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
me too...i like that too

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

v2vian man posted:

terrelle pryor is getting that kinda treatment

does he even have a position right now

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Volkerball posted:

Offense

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

if hue plays him at qb my heart may burst out of unconditional love for that man

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

The Big Jesus posted:

If I don't photograph this, people like my mom will think food is what they see on TV.

-Kenneth Jarecke

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

The Big Jesus posted:

I'm legit mad at you dude

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Volkerball posted:

According to beat reporters he's the 2nd coming of Josh Gordon. Reverse Tannehill.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

According to beat reporters he's the 2nd coming of Josh Gordon. Reverse Tannehill.

That would be the third coming of Ricky Williams.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/RAIDERS/status/741089241376133120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/derekcarrqb/status/741096718452719616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/OBJ_3/status/741708684829589505?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Nov 6, 2002

I hope the Raiders are really good and their fans get all cocky and smug. Honestly. It will make the AFC West way more fun to watch.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I can tell you now that the goodwill we've built up by sucking for over a decade could disappear really, really fast.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Stephon Gilmore skipped voluntary OTAs but is at the mandatory minicamp.

https://twitter.com/BumpNrunGilm0re/status/742380157982380032

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Alaois posted:

i mean it's not like the Jets have some JAGs out there at wide receiver tbh

MrSargent posted:

They're great receivers, but neither is really gonna wow the pants off you with their speed, are they? And in the same vein,

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Mostly because he would throw 5 yard passes to Bailey or Austin who were some of the best YAC guys in college football

I feel like Marshall and Decker are pretty fantastic candidates to fill that role.

Honestly, if Fitz could look as good as he did last year, I see no reason why Geno couldn't come out and be at least comparable, if not better. I wouldn't be too worried about Fitz vs Geno if I was a Jets fan, it's not like Fitz is some diamond in the rough. We have the book on him; repeating the success he had in 2015 isn't a smart bet.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Fitz is way better than Geno and it's not even close

Nov 6, 2002

Yes, Geno Smith is a game killing turnover machine.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
as opposed to Fitzpatrick's ball security, so renowned that six NFL teams have realized that it was unjust to cage such a rare, beautiful butterfly and set him loose to test the waters of free agency

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

indigi posted:

as opposed to Fitzpatrick's ball security, so renowned that six NFL teams have realized that it was unjust to cage such a rare, beautiful butterfly and set him loose to test the waters of free agency

I mean, Fitz isn't great, but Geno is legitimately one of the worst QB's in the NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

indigi posted:

It doesn't take much to be an improvement over six years of Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith. It's like handing a starving man that steak.

• Locked thread