Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

belt posted:

Aren't you supposed to have a 3 ft bubble as an inbounder or is that something that I'm making up?

It's something you're making up. He can't cross the boundary, which he did. But you get to get up in their grill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Man tonight's game served as a really start reminder of why the NBA is kind of a joke sport. Taking a really really good game and then just blatantly ruining it by rubbing everyone's noses in the fact that officiating is mostly Kayfabe just makes me stop caring entirely. What the gently caress is even the point of having good games if they're rendered meaningless, there's no way I'll remember this game for anything but a ref standing 3 feet from half a dozen fouls (possibly even technical in some cases) and just acting like Mr. loving Magoo

I am not an SA or an OKC fan but I was having a great time watching this and now my immersion is ruined bloo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I Love You! posted:

Man tonight's game served as a really start reminder of why the NBA is kind of a joke sport. Taking a really really good game and then just blatantly ruining it by rubbing everyone's noses in the fact that officiating is mostly Kayfabe just makes me stop caring entirely. What the gently caress is even the point of having good games if they're rendered meaningless, there's no way I'll remember this game for anything but a ref standing 3 feet from half a dozen fouls (possibly even technical in some cases) and just acting like Mr. loving Magoo

I am not an SA or an OKC fan but I was having a great time watching this and now my immersion is ruined bloo

The blown call decided nothing.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
refs will hand OKC several games, as they need it to go 7. noone likes to watch the spurs club dopes over the head.

(i didnt even watch the game)

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I Love You! posted:

lol the missed call(s) actually worked out for the Spurs though

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Mandrel posted:

lol the missed call(s) actually worked out for the Spurs though

Getting the ball out of bounds with a timeout probably would have been preferable. Maybe that's just me being results oriented.

If it would have resulted in freethrows it obviously would have helped more but I'm still not sure what that call is supposed to be, I think not though.

Obviously the foul on Aldridge would have been the best call for the Spurs that would missed, as those would definitely be freethrows with 2 or so seconds left.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

I Love You! posted:

Lmao

Uhh this dang sport is such a... Work guys

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

Bashez posted:

Getting the ball out of bounds with a timeout probably would have been preferable. Maybe that's just me being results oriented.

If it would have resulted in freethrows it obviously would have helped more but I'm still not sure what that call is supposed to be, I think not though.

Obviously the foul on Aldridge would have been the best call for the Spurs that would missed, as those would definitely be freethrows with 2 or so seconds left.

A fast break is way better than an out of bounds play.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

Billy Donovan, the Oklahoma City coach, turned a question from a reporter about the play into an awkward, minute-long back-and-forth in which he ultimately pleaded ignorance about the whole thing: “I’m not sure what you’re talking about,” he said.

Waiters shook his head when asked if he realized he had elbowed Ginobili: “No,” he said. “I’m in the game, man. I don’t really know what really going on.”

Waiters is innocent!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lmao

Uhh this dang sport is such a... Work guys

Until it becomes a shoot. You shoot straight with the truth, you shoot the basketballs, and you shoot at a mother of 4 like Javaris Crittendon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

NickRoweFillea posted:

Until it becomes a shoot. You shoot straight with the truth, you shoot the basketballs, and you shoot at a mother of 4 like Javaris Crittendon

https://twitter.com/hulkhogan/status/125437560418865152

• Locked thread