Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tokamak posted:

So this is Roman slowly turning heel?

I like how the booking is so tone deaf that people have been asking this for like 4 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

just turn heel already gently caress

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

A good match. 75% of a great finnish.

Styles gets his win back, is getting over as a face, but Roman's gotta stand tall.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

did the crowd all leave before the show was over? I can't hear anything

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Delsaber posted:

AJ Styles killed his wife, the usos

in self defense after aj decided not to give into the dark side

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Good ending in the sense that the alignments are still in flux.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
This is actually sensible face-versus-face booking and it should probably end in Balor/BC murdering the poo poo out of both of them.

Buuuuuuuut this is WWE main event booking so nothing will change, probably.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gotta say roman's workrate and moveset are improving hugely by working with styles but this "nobody is a heel or are they!?" poo poo is bad. make one a heel and get with it, even though literally everything here points to AJ being face and Roman heel, as much as the company doesn't want that to be the thing

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

AJ has been totally face this whole time. Only using the chair after he was attacked with it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
drat, that was actually good. The whole flow of it made sense and it kept the alignments in question. A good Raw.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I actually think this is one of the better shades of gray storylines in awhile. Every character is acting in a way that actually makes sense and it's actually creating intrigue.

It helps that Roman and AJ have crazy chemistry.

I agree, the only downside is that Roman's involvement is hampered by the disconnect between who WWE insists he is and how they book him - everything seems so deliberately arranged to get him booed/make him a heel and yet there's still this seeming insistence from WWE that's he number one face superstar.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Hahaha, the Usos are assholes.

When we say US y'all say holes!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I actually think this is one of the better shades of gray storylines in awhile. Every character is acting in a way that actually makes sense and it's actually creating intrigue.

It helps that Roman and AJ have crazy chemistry.

Agreed. This is a legit good storyline.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

in self defense after aj decided not to give into the dark side
Yeah but Roman was knocked out and didn't see that, only the aftermath, god is this TVIV?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MinibarMatchman posted:

gotta say roman's workrate and moveset are improving hugely by working with styles but this "nobody is a heel or are they!?" poo poo is bad. make one a heel and get with it, even though literally everything here points to AJ being face and Roman heel, as much as the company doesn't want that to be the thing

Honestly gently caress faces and heels for the most part you can do a face vs face or heel vs heel Feud and still have it work as long as it's true to the characters

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Tokamak posted:

So this is Roman slowly turning heel?

SHADES OF GREY

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Codependent Poster posted:

AJ has been totally face this whole time. Only using the chair after he was attacked with it.

Pretty much the only heels in this entire feud are Anderson and Gallows and uh. That's probably not a position AJ wants to be in, because even Lex Lugar eventually decided Sting was a liability

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

And then throwing away the chair in frustration and disgust that it came to that. Dude's a little dicey on the mic but his nonverbal acting is solid.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
ahaha a sick burn on Dolph Ziggler on the E&C show

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

StarkRavingMad posted:

ahaha a sick burn on Dolph Ziggler on the E&C show

i cackled like some sort of stereotype witch

get hosed ziggler

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
As dumb as "the guy" language is, Roman is getting better because he's finally allowed to just stick to a character and use that character whether he's getting cheered or booed. And is no longer getting flustered

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

SomeMathGuy posted:

And then throwing away the chair in frustration and disgust that it came to that. Dude's a little dicey on the mic but his nonverbal acting is solid.

Yeah, I thought that might have been the best part - AJ tossing aside the chair after the Usos were out of the ring was pretty much the best way he could have said "Why the gently caress did you have to make me do that?" without saying a word.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

He is currently, but Reigns' inability to trust AJ is going to end up driving him into joining Gallows & Anderson anyway. It didn't have to be this way.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah but Roman was knocked out and didn't see that, only the aftermath, god is this TVIV?

no poo poo, i'm not seriously saying it was bad i'm just showing wrestling support for my man aj styles and my disdain for that stupid idiot roman reigns

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I'm totally fine with binary heel/face alignments finally dying in the dumpster fire of history if it means they finally figured out how to write individual character motivations that make sense. But it's fuckin' wrestling so who knows.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
You forget the following 'Raw will have scrubbed the AJ face actions, showing only the double-team on Roman and chairshots on the Usos.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Delsaber posted:

I'm totally fine with binary heel/face alignments finally dying in the dumpster fire of history if it means they finally figured out how to write individual character motivations that make sense. But it's fuckin' wrestling so who knows.

I'm fine with keeping babyface/heel dynamics just because it's such an integral part of wrestling. The problem is they've lost sight of one of the things Foley used to talk about : Heels should have legitimate grievances, they should just handle/respond to them with poor character.

e: The other issue is that the WWE babyfaces are typically so hamfisted and bullying that when the heel finally snaps people are 100% sympathizing with them.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

FullMetalJackoff posted:

You forget the following 'Raw will have scrubbed the AJ face actions, showing only the double-team on Roman and chairshots on the Usos.

In fact, they were already acting like the chair shots from the Usos had never happened.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

But will there be dramatic narration next week at the beginning of the show?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Jonny Nox posted:

IT WORKED FOR OWEN! :mad:

Uh, Owen was actually GOOD...Usos got an undeserved "team of the year" while one was out hurt for several months, meanwhile New Day got shafted but are/were WAYYY better

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Ozz81 posted:

Uh, Owen was actually GOOD...Usos got an undeserved "team of the year" while one was out hurt for several months, meanwhile New Day got shafted but are/were WAYYY better

:ssh: his Storyline slammys were stolen. Owen was amazing.

edit:

"I've got 2 slammies"

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 3, 2016

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

the usos are good

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
I DID IT ON MY OWN WHOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Jonny Nox posted:

:ssh: his Storyline slammys were stolen. Owen was amazing.

edit:

"I've got 2 slammies"

This gimmick literally justifies the existence of the Slammies.

• Locked thread