Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
I think we can all agree that the original Starsiege: Tribes was a dumb game, perhaps the worst ever

I played it and enjoyed it when I was 12 or 13

it is patently obvious that only the most foolish, depraved and disgusting individuals would like it now

it's a game for assholes everywhere, especially assholes that get cornholed by the royal canadian mounted police on the reg

do you agree?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Lemme go slam my skull against bus grille a few times to build up a good head of postin' steam and get right back to ya

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
tribes is the kind of game that they would use for the special gamer olympics except that all of the down syndrome kids would refuse to play because it's too retarded.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Tribes ascend was neat before it sank beneath the waves of neglect and poor weapon balance :(

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
im 11 right now and that game is bad

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
jk it owns, gently caress you op

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

jk it owns, gently caress you op

I'm disappointed in you :nono::toughguy:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

That Robot posted:

I'm disappointed in you :nono::toughguy:

bring it

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
a first person shooter with vehicles in it? no one will be playing those kind of games in 15 years. they're all going to be playing fast paced arena shooters that take skill and practice.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I liked tribes 2 more, op.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
gaming hit its peak with Unreal Tournament 99. It's been all downhill since then

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
wrong thread gently caress my life

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

:anttony:

Ill Peripheral posted:

wrong thread gently caress my life

what's up man

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

here is a screenshot of me doing some some sweet ski stuntz

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Have Blue posted:

Tribes ascend was neat before it sank beneath the waves of neglect and poor weapon balance :(

I like all the tribes games. Even that one with the grappling hooks and small maps. Its got jetpacks and exploding frisbees. gently caress everyone who doesn't like tribes imo.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Which one let you play with bots that have snooty, stuck up voices? I like the snow fortress level. I think it also allowed you to use remote turrets and cameras which to young nerd me were :awesome:

"*I* will destroy the enemy generator."

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord
oh lord

why are you guys taking this thread seriously?

this is a thread I made to piss off dare or otherwise mock him

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
unreal was better

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i'm a member of the tribe mazel tov

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i never played tribes I never played a shooter other than q3a ask me about bunions

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Tribes is like Team Fortress or Unreal Tournament in that i'm sure SOMEbody out there played the first one but drat if I care to meet that crypt keeper motherfucker. I wasn't allowed to play such violent games in '99

Suck it Olds, my cock still works

The General
Mar 4, 2007

What the the shazbot are you talking about? Tribes was awesome and the modding scene was ridiculous.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i meant funyuns

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

The General posted:

What the the shazbot are you talking about? Tribes was awesome and the modding scene was ridiculous.

this guy "gets it"

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
there was an rpg mod with an attack(with some skill investment) that let you punt players off the map. if you had no life you'd reincarnate like 100 times and be capable of doing this with a stick at level 5.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 3, 2016

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Actually it was really loving good. There were mods, maps, and game modes that the sequels never managed to come close to. The problem is that it's 600 internet years old so of course it's dead and gay. Only the crawling maggots remain.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Zorodius posted:

gaming hit its peak with Unreal Tournament 99. It's been all downhill since then
2k4

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
the only person i ever knew who liked tribes was this dorky kid with fundamentalist christian parents i knew in middle school. last i checked he is far happier and more succesful than me

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
never even heard of this poo poo before. im pretty gay but apparently not that gay? :shrug:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Iron Prince posted:

never even heard of this poo poo before. im pretty gay but apparently not that gay? :shrug:

Not even the two tribes song? That was one of the gayest songs back in the day!

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

tribes ascend was the only fps that i could get a positive k:d. hell, even managed to be on top a few times

it was probably a bad game, but i enjoyed it before the dev neglected it and the community left

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Skiing was fun. It was a good game. Thanks for the memories, op.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Tribes 2 was great

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

counter-strike > *

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

they still haven't fixed the (day one) bug in rear end end where you spin around uncontrollably if you have a gamepad attached

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Wicker Man posted:

Which one let you play with bots that have snooty, stuck up voices? I like the snow fortress level. I think it also allowed you to use remote turrets and cameras which to young nerd me were :awesome:

"*I* will destroy the enemy generator."

That was my favourite part.

Go to about 1.30 in this video to hear them talking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3LcVxuRz1Y

I will attack the enemy flag!

Thank you!

You are welcome!

jilted_ex_gf
May 3, 2016

by zen death robot

Lamebot posted:

there was an rpg mod with an attack(with some skill investment) that let you punt players off the map. if you had no life you'd reincarnate like 100 times and be capable of doing this with a stick at level 5.

THE BEST MOD

also the great deceiver was also a huge dorky kid in middle school but sadly had to spend weekends in jail due to a horrible court system that hosed him. this completely broke him and his family and me and many other people connected to him

and this is why i dont mind spitting in a cops face theses days

heres a video of THAT ROBOT playing tribes at age 13 with almost 3k views now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj8DSph5j70

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Playing that pirates game in Tribes 2 with goons where we just try to ram each other with the transports and tazing everyone was pretty fun

jilted_ex_gf
May 3, 2016

by zen death robot
ya okay, but t2 sucked as did the other sequels, in fact all games sux except tribes 1, quake 3, CPMA, left 4 dead, reflex, mafia/town of salem, foram, and ragnarok online

ggz l0sers elliot rogers 4 lyfe *viet rap goes here*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

jilted_ex_gf posted:

ya okay, but t2 sucked as did the other sequels, in fact all games sux except tribes 1, quake 3, CPMA, left 4 dead, reflex, mafia/town of salem, foram, and ragnarok online

ggz l0sers elliot rogers 4 lyfe *viet rap goes here*

have you tried a little sensation called "drak souls" my friend?

• Locked thread