Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Hiring sounds like a jolly good time for jolly cooperation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Thread is up.

So you're getting tossed right into combat. Here's the roll20 link again, just for coverage.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Countblanc posted:

Nemo Is Ready !!

actually he sorta isn't, I don't have token ownership right now so I can't move him. Do you know how to set up character journal pages in Roll20 as the GM? If not I can tell you how, it'll make things much easier going forward.

Also, I assume we start with one (1) Action Point apiece? Additionally you're supposed to get a freebie AP per session and one more "give out to someone" per session, but since we don't really have sessions per se how would you like to handle that? I'm fine with having grassy gnoll just say "ok, everyone gets an AP now and can give out another one" every now and then but I wanted to iron that out since AP are pretty important.

Also-Also, should we post our character sheets here? This is actually my first play by post/hybrid game, I've only done real-time before, so I don't really know protocol.

Assume I know nothing about roll20. I got the part where you can have a map, and roll dice, and that's about all I got.

CB, Brennon, Vel and K Prime should all have their tokens associated with them now, as per Count and Vel's directions. ARB and Gorbash, you aren't associated with the game yet, so let me know either in this thread or the game thread what's up. If you should have control and don't, again, lemme know.

I'm still feeling out Strike in general. Don't hesitate to post info like this coaching me through the process. As for when on AP, let's say we'll start with everyone's freebe now, and see how long each combat takes us. My first reaction is to say one session consists of the big monster fight and the fallout from it, but I can't say for sure how each stabbing match is gonna go.

I would appreciate having your character sheets somewhere in the game thread. If there is voodoo I can do to include that info in your roll20 sheets to automate combat a little, that's also a plus.

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

grassy gnoll posted:

Assume I know nothing about roll20. I got the part where you can have a map, and roll dice, and that's about all I got.

CB, Brennon, Vel and K Prime should all have their tokens associated with them now, as per Count and Vel's directions. ARB and Gorbash, you aren't associated with the game yet, so let me know either in this thread or the game thread what's up. If you should have control and don't, again, lemme know.

I'm still feeling out Strike in general. Don't hesitate to post info like this coaching me through the process. As for when on AP, let's say we'll start with everyone's freebe now, and see how long each combat takes us. My first reaction is to say one session consists of the big monster fight and the fallout from it, but I can't say for sure how each stabbing match is gonna go.

I would appreciate having your character sheets somewhere in the game thread. If there is voodoo I can do to include that info in your roll20 sheets to automate combat a little, that's also a plus.

Sure, I'll edit my first post there to include a link to it/the whole thing for quick reference.

Also, is there any etiquette you want us to follow regarding how / how often / etc regarding our posts in the thread?

brennon fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 12, 2016

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Always Be Posting.

In seriousness, you'd have to really work at it to post too much, as long as whatever you've got is at least slightly germane to what's going on.

For formatting, as far as I can tell things just sort of settled into character name in bold at the top, stuff you do in the body text, and any OoC stuff in italics at the bottom.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.
Preface note: If I'm being a nosy dick, please just tell me so. Just trying to help since I remember early Roll20 messing with me, too.

So far, still unable to control my token (or any just as a note), but this may be because everything has been placed in the background/map layer of roll20. Things such as the tokens for enemies/players/npcs/interactables would need to be added to the map when using the Objects/Tokens tab, as seen below.

Your basic screen should look like this as the GM

The box where the red arrow is pointing. You want "Objects/Tokens" selected for putting down tokens.

This way, when anybody goes to move a token under their control, they are not moving the background (the map and any drawings you may have included for illustration of barriers/etc) as well.

As for including Strike! information in the Roll20 itself, when you created the game in Roll20, you should've had a Game Dropdown such as below:

This dropdown contains a whooooole lot of games that Roll20 has built-in support for, including Strike!. Just scroll down to the S's

You then want to get to your Journal section where your characters you created are.

I clicked on Vera, and then clicked on Character Sheet. As you can see, it has a pre-load of Strike sheets in it, because the game was chosen as a Strike! game in step 1.

Let me know if there's any other Roll20 questions or curiosities, since I love playing with it for games.

Edit: Also, is there an irchat you/most of you tend to be in?

Velyoukai fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 12, 2016

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

I still can't move my token or access my character- he's assigned to me but I can only look at his bio, with no editing privileges.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm able to access mine, including editing heath bars and moving, so whatever you did for me do for them.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
No access for me at the moment.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Velyoukai posted:

Preface note: If I'm being a nosy dick, please just tell me so. Just trying to help since I remember early Roll20 messing with me, too.

So far, still unable to control my token (or any just as a note), but this may be because everything has been placed in the background/map layer of roll20. Things such as the tokens for enemies/players/npcs/interactables would need to be added to the map when using the Objects/Tokens tab, as seen below.

Your basic screen should look like this as the GM

The box where the red arrow is pointing. You want "Objects/Tokens" selected for putting down tokens.

This way, when anybody goes to move a token under their control, they are not moving the background (the map and any drawings you may have included for illustration of barriers/etc) as well.

As for including Strike! information in the Roll20 itself, when you created the game in Roll20, you should've had a Game Dropdown such as below:

This dropdown contains a whooooole lot of games that Roll20 has built-in support for, including Strike!. Just scroll down to the S's

You then want to get to your Journal section where your characters you created are.

I clicked on Vera, and then clicked on Character Sheet. As you can see, it has a pre-load of Strike sheets in it, because the game was chosen as a Strike! game in step 1.

Let me know if there's any other Roll20 questions or curiosities, since I love playing with it for games.

Edit: Also, is there an irchat you/most of you tend to be in?

No, seriously, talk to me like I am a small child. The faster I get up to speed, the faster this clusterfuck gets resolved. I did select Strike as the format, so I'm not wholly sure what went wrong.

Everyone should have access levels equal to Count - Nemo's token got the same process as everyone else, minus the folks who were not previously part of the game. I'll keep prodding at it. Will make another post when I have it sorted.

In the meantime, I'm going to post the map in the thread, and we'll just use it for reference points. I'll update the thing myself.

I apologize profusely for this whole mess.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

All tokens have been prodded and associated. Shout if they're still broke.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
thank you for your patience and hard work, GG

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Good work!

Just as a reminder, Tura should have a 2 x 2 icon.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Hey K Prime, I just noticed that you have two feats, but at level 1 we should onl;y have one apiece. I recommend going with Sprinter of the two you have chosen, but it's your call.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Thanks, GG!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

oops, let me fix that! Copied off a character who had 2 feats.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Note for GG about Stooges (which iirc, the Miniraptors are): You lower the damage they deal by 1. So a low level Stooge dealing 3 damage on an attack is probably not realistic. I mean it isn't impossible due to how encounter/monster building works, but since you said you were still getting used to the system I figured it was more likely that you forgot to reduce its damage. If so then Will should take 4 damage, not 6.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Regarding my attack, unless I'm misreading how Blitzer works as long as I am within three squares of my target I increase the attack result by 1 on a hit. Since I rolled a 3, it's effectively a 4, so I do both damage and the effect line. The wording is a bit weird on the ability, I should have called it out more clearly.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Regarding my attack, unless I'm misreading how Blitzer works as long as I am within three squares of my target I increase the attack result by 1 on a hit. Since I rolled a 3, it's effectively a 4, so I do both damage and the effect line. The wording is a bit weird on the ability, I should have called it out more clearly.

That's correct.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

So noted in both counts. I flubbed the math and only counted upwards for the macroraptor, not down for the stooges.

Check my math regardless - regular damage of two, plus one for six PCs, minus one for stooge.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Purely for color, I decided what Gwenivere's side arms are like. Technically in the art she's carrying a Japanese Type 100 SMG, but I like the style of the ones I picked better. I'll just pretend that the gun she has in her art was one she carried in the war but replaced later.

J77 Gruffydd Carbine
A semi-auto rifle issued by Gwen's side during the war. Her favorite gun, the one she uses for accurate shooting.

In real life the Mondragon rifle built by SIG for Mexico. A cool design - semi-auto, but you can turn a toggle and run it as a straight pull bolt action rifle if there's a problem. A bit fragile for a military rifle, the Mexicans dropped it out of service because their indigenous ammunition was poor so the rifle tended not to work. Here's a video on it.

K86 "Spitfire" SMG
A fast firing machine pistol, modified from a pistol-carbine issued by Gwenivere's side.

In reality the Mauser M712, which is a C96 "Broomhandle" Mauser modified for fully automatic fire and using detachable box magazines. Yes, its the gun they used as the base for Han Solo's DL-44 blaster. The stock doubles as a wooden carry case. Here's one in action. They have a really high cyclic rate. The New York reload with the C96 in the stock is just for comedy's sake. Also some more about the C96 itself.

T65 Siglen Pistol
Gwenivere's duty side arm. Same rounds as the SMG, but different magazines.

Obviously a Luger P.08. The toggle lock is very cool. Here's a video, natch.

Mark N+1 "Emerald" Pistol
A cheap, small, low caliber pistol issued as a stop-gap to the other side during the war. Gwenivere got her hands on several as backup/emergency guns.

Sort of the Mle. 1915 "Ruby." The Ruby is a cheap Spanish knock off of the Colt 1903 Hammerless. The French bought a huge number of these during WWI. They're a decent design, rugged, simple but of... variable quality depending on who made it. Usually in small calibers. The main difference is Gwen's guns are smaller than the actual example. Here's more info about them. I called it the Mark N+1 because she has n+1, to account for her Always Carry a Spare kit advance.

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Does anyone know of any plugins or ways to set up an RSS style feed thing for a specific thread? It could seriously optimize my reply time and roleplay volume if something like that existed.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

You can bookmark the thread and there's a page for that specifically, but I don't think there's any kind of reader that exists, sadly. Maybe one of the mobile readers does it, but that's a lovely way to compose a post.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jun 4, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Oh wow I didn't see these before, thank you so much they're gorgeous!

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Will be sure to use

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Gorbash is swell at this.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

@Countblanc

With the bomb you're setting to try and make, is there any way (Linked Roll? Other?) Radios can lend a hand with that? Especially since he has Tinker and 1 Supply Token, so we might be able to make it an even neater bomb or something.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I guess it depends if crafting requires some sort of roll or not? I'd be happy to let you take a whack at it if you want to though.

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Don't forget, if it involves Alchemy, involve me! That way I can amass the Scholar tokens and fill my skill list up with auto-6 rolls on knowledge checks.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I am all for teamwork.

Also, brennon, be prepared for a truly awful joke

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Speaking of which, as alluded to I'm going to ask to be able to switch the Toxic Bomb power for the aggressively simple "Kaboom" one which is just a 1-damage autodamage zone. Very clean and easy to work with, none of that save stuff.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Countblanc's bomb, teamwork assembling it, and swapping Gilfrey's artillery shell are all approved. Sorry for not having an update last night - I basically got home, ate, and then fell asleep for about 14 hours.

Amateur narcolepsy aside, the map is finished and the monsters are about done. I plan to have an update ready some time later this afternoon, so finish up your prep.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

fuckyeaaaaaaahhh

Alright, fellow guild nerds, how should we do this?

If we do end up using a Supply Token, I just need a list of Attributes from you, Gnoll. (about the Jaggis)

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I am going to say building a bomb out of jaggi scraps will let you inflict Prone, no save. It seems like getting knocked down is the most jaggi thing that could be inflicted on a person.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Nemo has no real crafting abilities so I'm going to hand crafting the bomb off to Radios and Gilfrey who seem much more alchemically inclined.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

@Gnoll:

Did you have a method you wanted us to use for the crafting, mechanically-

or

-Did you want us to just roll it like a Skill check, with Linked Rolls from anybody willing to lend assistance and usual staggered/multiple Linked Rolls?

Edit: If the latter, then from the Roll20:

Radios rolls with Mixing to work with Gilfrey in using some of their Jaggi Parts to make a Jaggi Bomb for their guild's next mission! [1d6=]3

Success With A Cost!

Radios is totally willing to accept some Help from Gilfrey and Nemo to raise their odds!

Velyoukai fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 21, 2016

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Honestly, I'm not sure. We'll go with the linked rolling for now. If that turns out to be a crap idea, we'll do something different next time.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

So I was re-reading the character creation chapter, and realized I forgot to add an additional skill when I did the personalize step. I went back and put one in, but I figured maybe it would be good to make sure we all got everything we're supposed to have.

My understanding is that we should have:
  • One of: 4 Skills +2 Wealth, 5 Skills +1 Wealth, or 6 Skills +0 Wealth (from Background)
  • 3 more Skills (2 from Origin, 1 from Personalize)
  • 2 Tricks (1 from Background, 1 from Personalize)
  • 2 Complications (1 from Origin, 1 from Personalize)
  • 1 Kit & 1 Advance
  • A Motivation

I think Will at least is also short some of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I will wait for count to confirm or deny; I've hosed that part up myself many times.

• Locked thread