Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.

"Hey, you! Yeah, lucky traveler! You look like somebody in need of embracing their tomorrow right now! Take a step into the Radioshacktm and lemme show you the fruits of innovation!"

Radios the Eccentric Inventor

No, no, no, no—don't back out just because I'm no kobold. Check out these glasses, friend! Genuine empaladybug wing-film coating; any idea how difficult that is to remove without ruining it? This pair alone took me twenty bugs before I caved in and paid off adventurers like you to get them so... I was able to craft these glasses! How well do they work? Here, here, to the window! Now look directly at the sun.

...See?! You aren't blind at all, are you? Haha, of course not! That's innovation! No underground-loving kobold is going to think like that! Just imagine how useful a pair would be on a hunt when that nasty Salaflamo Rex tries to belch fire in your face!

Er...well, I suppose you'd still be burnt, yes, but just bring me a Salaflamo's shell and I bet I can fix that up for you! Maybe some sort of face guard...

---
no lie I was won over by alluring words of crafting and Strike!.

probably something like Magician*reskin*/Blaster but really crafting so obviously Item Mage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

grassy gnoll posted:

Similarly, I don't know if this'll be a big deal for you, but radio isn't a thing in this setting. Keep on keepin' on otherwise, but just as forewarning your excellent name pun may fly over the heads of the grubby townsfolk.

Radios has long endured such indignities in the pursuit of his craft.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

grassy gnoll posted:

Tell me about the worst invention you've ever created.

First off, let's just clear the air and have it known that there are no bad inventions.

Just incompetents who misuse them!

That said, in hindsight, maybe I could have asked a few more questions when that adventurer woman requested "something to stop a charging Molox in its tunneling tracks." Or just one question, like "Would you be partying up with any kobolds?", but how is it the Quartz Ocarina's fault that I wasn't informed of these things at the start?! Just because the Quartz Ocarina allegedly produces sound that the only the kobolds—and the Molox, thank you very much—could hear and it allegedly caused them all to have some minor—trifling, really—ear damage, suddenly I have several angry adventurers pounding on my door demanding I make it up to them!

Ingrates.

Though, given the woman and I only heard a faint whisper-like noise from the Quartz Ocarina, I wonder what the kobolds heard. Hm...different levels of sound? That sounds interesting!

Hey! I'll pay you with a fireproof scarf if you go fetch me somethi-wait where are you going?

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Tuesday no problemo.

Looking pretty solidly at either Magician/Blaster or Magician/Leader, depending on whether I think making mean items or kind items is more likely with monster gizzards.

Probably mean items!

Also, I vote for an everyday salaryman/farmer/miner for our Guild Master. Hunt for the people!

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I'd dig for whatever scavenging and salvaging we do to have a narrative effect on Blue Valley as well as any mechanical, combat'y effects it could have for us directly.

Like makin' better/niche-specific farming tools or mining equipment, or discovering an ice dragon has a gland or organ that can keep making cold temperatures for a long rear end time, so we can harvest them for improved iceboxes/freezers for people to store food over time+winter.

Or special rock-monster salts that better season/preserve food and make sick rear end jerky!

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

pre:
Name: Radios
Class: Magician (Chaos)
Role: Blaster
Background: Eccentric Monventor
Origin: General's Bastard
Kit: The Tinker
Resources: Poor [1]
Fallback: Not until level 2.
Motivation: To keep going forward and never look back.

Class/Role Abilities
Chaos Adept: When you roll a 6 on an attack, you get a Chaos Surge: you may choose to apply
an effect line from a randomly chosen Encounter Spell you don’t know instead of doing extra damage.
Multi-target Boost: Can choose to turn Ranged(X) into Burst 1, aimed within X's radius.
Center of Burst 1 may be moved 1 per value of Reach. If choose to not turn Ranged(X) to Burst 1,
when roll 3-4 on attack, deal 2 Dmg to another target within X. If 5-6, either deal 2 Dmg or 
effect of power to an additional target within range.
Terrain Boost: Within Ranged(5), can at-will:
  • 3x3 area of Difficult Terrain until end of encounter.
  • 3x3 area is Obscured (Pg. 94) until end of Radios' next turn.
  • Choose 1 square. It becomes Low Cover.
Feats Minor Leader: Once per encounter, you may slide an ally 3 squares as a Free Action. Additionally, once per encounter you may spend your Role Action to allow you or an ally to regain 2 HP (increase this to 3 HP at level 4 and 4 HP at level 8). Skills Harvesting Repairs Stitching Smithing Boasting Mixing Anatomy Stalking Tricks Experimental Harvester: Radios has been in the parts game for a few years now. He can always tell when a precious scrap or material is actually more dangerous to touch or eat than appearances would suggest. Stripes Never Fade: Even as a runaway who abandoned his unit, Radios can always tell the signs of another person who has served in the military. Complications Overly Proud Creator: Radios' core bullheadedness lies with preserving the dignity of his inventions. Even a quietly voiced concern will set Radios off on an awkwardly over-enthusiastic diatribe about his invention's value. Technically AWOL!: Radios didn't exactly leave his father and unit under good terms. Or under any spoken or agreed-upon terms at all, really. It's more that he just up and left one night and he hasn't been found. Yet. Stuff Daispida-stringed bow and arrows, a trusted Bag'O'Stuff, a strange invention called a "hookshot," an experienced slingstaff, pouches of jerky, goggles. Now a guild ID. Kit Advances Tinker Base: When you break down an item for scrap, talk shop with another expert, spend time preparing supplies, or gather a new tool or ingredient, gain a Supply Token. When you succeed at creating an item, you can spend three Supply Tokens to pick from the following list of special properties.
  • Really hot poo poo. Gives Advantage.
  • Really safe poo poo. Protection from plot x1.
  • Really stable poo poo. Counts as Trick for whoever uses it.
  • Really fun poo poo. Make stuff up with GM
Monstrous Fabriation: When using monster parts for crafting, declare properies of monster and roll related Skill. If successful, apply varying degrees of monster props to fancy poo poo. Pg. 43. Powers Sticky Bomb (At-Will, 2 Damage, Ranged 10) If the target attempts to move on its next turn, it must make a Saving Throw. If it fails, it falls Prone. Souridow's Venom Shot (At-Will, 2 Damage, Ranged 10) Target takes 1 Ongoing Damage and loses one point of Resistance if it has any. (save ends). (At level 5, on a failed save, the target is Vulnerable 1 until the end of the encounter.) Lambayay's Yawntrap (Encounter, 3 damage, Ranged 10) Target must make a Saving Throw. If it fails, it is asleep (Incapacitated) until it takes damage or until an ally spends an Attack Action to wake it while adjacent. Phosphorus Flashbang (Encounter, 3 damage, Ranged 5) Effect: Target is Blinded until end of its next turn. Rotten Meat (Encounter, 3 damage, Ranged 10) All of the target’s attacks have their damage reduced by 2(save ends).

Velyoukai fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 20, 2016

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Proposal: A council of leaderships for different focuses in the guild.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

grassy gnoll posted:

I think there may be some miscommunication here, Vel. Right now your guild consists entirely of the player characters. That'd be a lot of bureaucracy for six people.

Unless you're suggesting "When situation X, person Y is in charge; in situation A, person B is in charge" or something along those lines. Though I figure that tends to happen naturally.

Mostly the latter, since just the PCs, yeah.

That said, I am not adverse to just picking up some pod farmer off the streets to be a figurehead guild leader, since other than Gilfrey, I don't think our party has much in the terms of "solid, non-volatile/alien reliability" in terms of leadership. *pot kettle*

I also haven't eaten yet today, though, so maybe I'll speak more sanely after food.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

The monsters part of that means more monster parts to research and turn into inventions. That's a strong campaign promise for Will!

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Nepotism at work!

That said, my in-party vote is for Gilfrey.

And what about those who don't even use blades? What about "Wildcard Hunters", or just "Wildcards," if we're appealing to the hodge-podge nature of our assembly?

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I dream/dread to imagine what the hiring process would be like. If our guild master is one of the PCs, then doesn't that mean they tried to recruit the others?

I vote for either:

A. Hiring process iff Gilfrey GM

B. HUNTING FOR MATS that opens literally with an explosion please and thank you

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Preface note: If I'm being a nosy dick, please just tell me so. Just trying to help since I remember early Roll20 messing with me, too.

So far, still unable to control my token (or any just as a note), but this may be because everything has been placed in the background/map layer of roll20. Things such as the tokens for enemies/players/npcs/interactables would need to be added to the map when using the Objects/Tokens tab, as seen below.

Your basic screen should look like this as the GM

The box where the red arrow is pointing. You want "Objects/Tokens" selected for putting down tokens.

This way, when anybody goes to move a token under their control, they are not moving the background (the map and any drawings you may have included for illustration of barriers/etc) as well.

As for including Strike! information in the Roll20 itself, when you created the game in Roll20, you should've had a Game Dropdown such as below:

This dropdown contains a whooooole lot of games that Roll20 has built-in support for, including Strike!. Just scroll down to the S's

You then want to get to your Journal section where your characters you created are.

I clicked on Vera, and then clicked on Character Sheet. As you can see, it has a pre-load of Strike sheets in it, because the game was chosen as a Strike! game in step 1.

Let me know if there's any other Roll20 questions or curiosities, since I love playing with it for games.

Edit: Also, is there an irchat you/most of you tend to be in?

Velyoukai fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 12, 2016

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

@Countblanc

With the bomb you're setting to try and make, is there any way (Linked Roll? Other?) Radios can lend a hand with that? Especially since he has Tinker and 1 Supply Token, so we might be able to make it an even neater bomb or something.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I am all for teamwork.

Also, brennon, be prepared for a truly awful joke

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

fuckyeaaaaaaahhh

Alright, fellow guild nerds, how should we do this?

If we do end up using a Supply Token, I just need a list of Attributes from you, Gnoll. (about the Jaggis)

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

@Gnoll:

Did you have a method you wanted us to use for the crafting, mechanically-

or

-Did you want us to just roll it like a Skill check, with Linked Rolls from anybody willing to lend assistance and usual staggered/multiple Linked Rolls?

Edit: If the latter, then from the Roll20:

Radios rolls with Mixing to work with Gilfrey in using some of their Jaggi Parts to make a Jaggi Bomb for their guild's next mission! [1d6=]3

Success With A Cost!

Radios is totally willing to accept some Help from Gilfrey and Nemo to raise their odds!

Velyoukai fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 21, 2016

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

pre-post question: w/ Minor Leader, can once per encounter give somebody 3 Movement. Nemo is out of LoS, so the question is by sacrificing attack action for extra movement to get closer, can Radios ICly toss Nemo a rope or something (from the 3movement gift) to let him get up from the drop without losing his (Nemo's) normal movement action, or would it just be a waste and Nemo would lose 9 movement instead of 6 on his turn?

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Do our observations of the menus show that all the menus are priceless, or just those given to the three mentioned?

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Why not a combination of all three core concepts?!

Crawler + House + Farmstuff =

Think about it we start with a normal base, maybe even just a sweet farmhouse w/ some land to grow poo poo in, then we get PHAT $$$ and start installing framework underground and once we hook up a series of connection points, pulleys and maybe a little bullshit engineering (That's why you hired Radios!), we can have our farmland -migrate- like a goddamn flock of birds whenever the HUNT IS ON or the weather is getting bad in a set location.

That said, I like upgrading things so simple starts are fine with Vel.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

T-That's cyberbullying! ;-;

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Radios holds steady with middle of the pack successes

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I'll be having a post up with survival either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Sorry for the lack of communication. It's been a rough week of car accidents and new jobs and police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Sorry, yes, it was for Moving. I made that post while a little under the weather, so some subtleties were lost. Like words.

• Locked thread