Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

System summary posted:

The central mechanic of the game is simple: for every action, a player describes what their character does and draws a card from their deck. The opposing party – the gamesmaster – draws a card of their own, and the side with the higher card wins. The building blocks of your character – your core, role, traits, proficiencies, foundations, scars and stories – can change the value of your card, and in combat, the suit of the card has a big impact on the effects of the attack.

The Unbound kickstarter recently closed, and I am the backer who pledged at the "WORLD BUILDERS" level:

quote:

With early access to the rules document, you and your group will have a month to build a world together. Adrian Stone will then illustrate your adventure in a movie poster-style, and we'll include the artwork (and a short write-up) in every copy of the book.

I intend this to be that campaign. My proposed genre is Space Fantasy: Spelljammer, Treasure Planet, Aether Sea, etc.

You will need:
  • A deck of ordinary playing cards and a tool with which to write on them
  • Willingness to join a voice chat (probably Google Hangouts or Discord, both of which have browser-based options)
  • To be able to get along with other players

I have only a month to do this thing, so it's important to make sure you will be able to make every session.

In your post, please give me:
  • one or two character archetypes you might like to play (like "i want to be space jack burton" or whatever)
  • which of the following time slots you can reliably make for the next four weeks: Tuesdays, 8pm to 11pm Eastern Daylight Time (GMT-4), Thursdays 8pm to 11pm EDT, or Saturdays 1pm to 4pm EDT
  • two keywords generated from this list by randomly drawing cards (on the honor system now!), plus one keyword chosen from the list in a post above yours
  • an email address where I can send you the early access document

Some keywords to start you out: Omens, Beasts

(Addendum: if you're interested in running a game of this, let me know and I can hook you up with the early access document too.)

Edit: pretty sure this is not happening. :(

inklesspen fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Possible archetypes: Horoscope-believing astromancer/astrological navigator, or swashbuckling xenobiologist

Time slot: Saturday, 1-4 PM EDT

Random gen keywords: A Lost Civilization, Trade

Chosen Keyword: Omen

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Possible Archetypes: Space Big Game Hunter, Secretly a Spy for Space France, Cool Lady Space Doctor

Time Slot: Thursdays would probably be best for me.

Keywords: Walls, Heavy Armour, (Revolution)

Email sent via PM!

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Archetype: Pompous rich dude who's surprisingly good at combat or earnest excitable youth with magical/psychic powers.

Time slot: Saturday 1-4 PM EDT (Can also make Tuesday 8-11 PM)

Random Gen keywords: Virtual, Ice

Chosen Keyword: Walls

E: Someone posted while I was writing.

Email is dsilva72794@gmail.com

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 3, 2016

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I skimmed this and apparently somebody is making a system I tried to make a couple of years ago, only not an incohesive fever dream. I wish I saw the Kickstarter for this before now; I would definitely have jumped onboard.

Archetype: Wrongfully deposed meticulously planning aristocrat hellbent on revenge, gritty tough-as-nails veteran of space war trying to score enough money to leave and never come back
Timeslot: The only timeslot I can confidently lay claim to is Saturday.
Keywords: Demons, Beasts
Chosen: Ice
E-mail via PM.

• Locked thread