Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The Kan'non Six - Issue #1
(An Unofficial Scanlation)

Zone Twenty Three has been so peaceful for the last few days, it's almost easy to forget you all were involved in a fight for your lives that resulted in the destruction of half a mall and millions of dollars in damages barely a week ago. Still, at least you defeated Necrothorn, right? At least, the League of Heroes seems to think that way - they wouln't have given you all your new base if they were mad, would they?

Then again, would they have stuck you all with a babysitter like Takana if they were all that happy with your efforts so far? He seems to think he's everyone's cool mentor all of a sudden - giving lectures, wearing his sunglasses all the time, and generally being a giant dorky nuisance. Still, at least you've all got a cool shrine as a base. What room has each of you claimed, and how have you decorated them?

The Kanzeon Shrine
Current Tags: +Accessible, +Serene, -Secure, -Small

Luckily, today's not going to be a peaceful today. Based on a panicky mass text that Takana's sent to all of you, it looks like there's a Green-Class threat attacking Zone Twenty-Three, entirely out of the blue.

Mass txt from Takana to all of you posted:

Lady Horrible Sea is attacking - all of you need to excuse yourselves from schools or games or whatever and come stop the rampant destruction! Do your best, believe in yourselves, but for the love of Paperwork don't let her wreck more than $1mil in combined property value or I'll be up all night. I have a date tonight - with a foreign girlfriend of mine who is a model and in town for tonight only - and I don't want to miss it.

Aside from Takana's probably made-up girlfriend, the situation sounds serious. Luckily he's been thoughtful enough to include a link to the location - which leaves those of you lucky enough to be in the base free to just head there, while those of you unlucky enough to still attend school have to engineer your own escapes. Whatever the case, the six of you assemble where Takana said to - but she's not here. There's lots of destroyed buildings, seemingly washed away (and maybe nibbled on some), but no sign of her.

She's close though. Real close.

You can practically feel her breathing down the back of your necks...

Lady Horrible Sea

Stardust Scout - It may have been a calm week for everyone else, but you've got so many responsibilities they'd be practically impossible for anyone else to keep track of - though you've managed it. As for your current quarry, Zabu-San telepathically informs you that Lady Horrible Sea used to be a magical girl too, but that she's turned to evil. Do you keep that to yourself, or share it with everyone? What advice do you give your team?

Kamaitachi - While he's kept an eye on everyone, you can't help but feel that Takana has it in for you specifically. What has he tried to be especially strict about, in a dorky sort of way? Meanwhile, what advice about a teammate has Idzuna offered you, and are you planning on acting on it? How waterproof is your armor, out of pure curiosity?

Mnemosyne - The Shrine is awfully peaceful, which certainly helps you maintain control of your powers - what about it is most pleasant? Just how close is your Tower to it, and how much time have you spent at each location? Do you think the villain is hiding from you all - and if so, can you find her?

Nemesis - While everyone else has had a calm week, your blood ran cold earlier this week when you saw a news report that evidence of Deus had been found nearby, even if they didn't realize that was what they were reporting. What did you see, and why does it bode ill for you? What plan have you come up with for defeating your upcoming foe, and how do you expect Stardust Scout to mess it up?

Jumping Flash - A whole week with both a team and a base - you're definitely an official hero now! What's been your favorite part of bonding with your teammates. What leads have you been pursuing regarding the letter you found in Necrothorn's hideout, and which looks like it might bear fruit? Are you scared to be fighting Lady Horrible Sea, or is she no match for you?

Red Witch - At least you managed to go over three days before inadvertently destroying something in the Shrine. What did you accidentally blow up, and how do you plan on making amends to your teammates? How do you plan on counteracting the villain that's stalking your team with Water and Darkness powers?

Setting Infodoc
NPC Infodoc
Influence Sheet
OOC Thread

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:16 on May 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Freak: -1 | Danger: +0 | Savior: +1 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +3
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location:

Aaaaah, class is almost over and we're mostly doing self study, but I was supposed to have a meeting for Journalism later today, this was just terrible timing. Still, my hand shot up, "Nozomu-Sensei~ I'm not feeling too good... do you think I can go to the nurse until class ends~?" I was pretty good at the whole 'feigning being sickly' thing, since until I got my Stardust Magic, I actually was pretty physically weak - like the weakest girl in my class, and I was anemic, and wow, it certainly was a different world, that made a great excuse to leave class! Nozomu-sensei was a good teacher too - he was always worried about us, and was really passionate about taking care of us and stuff. So I wasn't surprised when he let me go, and I slooowly made my way through the halls, until I could get to somewhere secluded - the girls bathroom!

Which was conveniently empty, allowing me to chant - "Light of the Stars, Grace of the Moon, Power of the Sun, Strength of the Cosmos ~ Stardust Magic~ Stunning Shield~ Staaardust Scout~!". It was always one of my favorite things to do, to have these school uniforms replaced by my super cute costume, as flashes of lights reclothed me for my heroic duties! But I had no time to waste admiring myself in a mirror, I did not even leave my stall as - "Love-Love Heart's Desire, take me to where chaos transpire~" I waved my staff in the air - actually kinda difficult in a bathroom stall - and I was surrounded in a curtain of black, dotted with the beauty of many constellations.

And pop, there I was, Zabu-San already talking in my head about how this villain was a magical girl kind of like me, who chose to use their magic for evil, not good! Eek, how terrible! "Okay guys, so I get the feeling she uses magic! Not certain what kind, but this is the kind of villain we specialize in, isn't it?" I shouted to my team - my phone also calling those who weren't together so they could hear, and set to speaker - as I ran to actually meet with those who were already there, "First thing's first, I think Jumping and I should focus on getting the civilians out! Meanwhile, Nemesis, Kamaitachi, I want you to contain the threat - get it somewhere where we wont be destroying peoples livelihoods and keep it there - they need to keep on living past this event as much as they need to survive right now! Red Witch, Mnemosyne, you two are suited to the magical nature of this - I need you two on figuring out what kind of magic powers her, so we can work together to cancel it.

Oh gosh, I hated being leader so much, if I made the wrong call that was on me, and people would get hurt because of me, so I had to be the first one in to make sure no one did get hurt. So I was already sprinting towards the actual fight, and getting myself into the fray - scanning for anyone who was injured, what she might be after, that kind of thing.

Assess!!!
06:57 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+0
06:57 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 6+0 = 6
06:57 KittyEmpress ...
06:57 KittyEmpress welp, Stardust off to a GREAT start

It distracts me more than a little from the 'evil magical monster' that is somewhere around me.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 3, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Freak: +1 | Danger: +3 | Savior: -1 | Superior: 1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location:

'And here I thought I could just kick back and enjoy my new room a bit. It's on the second floor, and has a very nice view of the treetops. Haven't really gotten around to decorating it much yet - I've got an Ema the Amazing Amazon poster right next to my bed (drat , she's so cool!), the laptop Psychalis bought me on my desk, and that's about it. I... really have no idea what to even put here. But there's another reason to why I haven't decorated my room yet. It was on the news... I saw that damned woman again. It was just a random interview about politics. The only reason it ever caught my attention was this woman.

She's got some sort of function within DEUS. I saw her order people around while I was locked in that blasted tube. And if she's here... the lab must be somewhere around this zone. Why else would she be here!? Unless they're here to track me. Which, honestly, they probably are. I didn't exactly lie low that long. Goddamnit. I bet that weird monster that had appeared in the zone west of here was their drat fault, too.

But, ugh, Stardust scout is already playing the hero, charging in without any idea what's going on. This is obviously a trap, we should lure her out first instead of just walking in like this. I mean, I can walk in like this, sure. But the rest of the team? This is asking for trouble and - ughhh.

"... Roger. Have you figured out where she's hiding?" Nemesis ask, while scanning my surroundings. Where is this stupid, horribly nicknamed villain? I've got more important things to do!

Turning away from her again, she follows up:

"Hey, you stupid witch. Mind not wasting my time? I've got better things to do than deal with a waste of space with a stupid name like you. Show yourself so we can get this over with..." I say to nobody in particular, ripping out the remains of a lantern post to use as a bat.

... maybe I should have actually raised my voice...

Provoking someone with Violence: 2d6+3 5

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 2, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Freak +2 | Danger +1 | Savior +1 | Superior -1 | Mundane 0
Potential: 0/5 | DOOM! 0/5 | Conditions: None

Standing in my room at the top of the tower, I'm finishing the rough outline of my latest painting, our new temple base and the surrounding landscape. Something about it doesn't look right, but I figure I can just ask Jenny for some advice next time I see her. I glance out the window and look at the temple again. It's not that far to the temple, but unfortunately, I haven't spent a lot of time at there, partly because all my stuff is in my tower but mostly because Takana just gets on my nerves. His loud mouth just shatters the serenity of the place, and now that he's living there, the calm that I'd loved the temple for is much harder to come by. Rock even has specific instructions not to let Takana into the tower. Takana hasn't tried yet, but it's better to think ahead on these things.

As soon as I hear the beeping of my phone, though, I put the pallet aside and read the text. I snort as I read Tanaka trying to pretend like he's got better things to do, but I really do want to avoid more collateral damage. I mean, if they stuck us with Tanaka last time, who knows what they'll do next time!

Anyway, looks like it's finally time to spring into action! I used to make a big deal about changing into heroine costume, doing all sorts of spinning and misty flourishes, but the only one who would ever see it would be Rock. He's never seemed particularly impressed, and there's no point in putting on a performance with out an interested audience. So, instead, I just snap and give a sharp downward gesture with my hand. Mist billows up around me, sending a brief chill down my spine. Then, they fade, and I'm in my costume. Yelling over my shoulder to Rock (I never know if he really cares either way, but it seems polite), "I'm going out," I climb up on the open window and leap out into the air. Misty wings fan out, allowing me to glide to the ground where I start running towards the business district.

Once I arrive, I hear Nemesis and Stardust Scout already at work. Time to join them. I bound over the rubble littering the street and jump into the conversation, saying saying, "It'll be a lot easier to figure out what kind of magic she's using once we find her, but don't worry. She can't hide from me!"

Tendrils of mist creep out of my outstretched hands, snaking through the rubble and into the shadows of the alleys. If she's still nearby, I'll find her.

<capfalcon_work> Unleash powers to reshape the environment extend my senses
<capfalcon_work> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 8+2 = 10
<capfalcon_work> aces

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 3, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane +2
Potential:1/5 | Conditions: | Location:

No no no, it can't be crime time now, I've almost got my S.H. Figuarts Sir Justice in JUST THE RIGHT POSE and GAH! There it goes!

"Auuuuuugh!"

This figure is not the only visage of Sir Justice in my room. Hero merchandise of all kinds is strewn about my room, posters, clear files, tote bags, t-shirts...The only reason I took this attic room was to have enough room for all my sweet gear. Gingerly laying the figure on my desk, I grab my costume hanging from the closet door, the only sign that this is in fact a hero's room and not just a hero fangirl, and suit up for action.

Being a hero has been great so far, and my team's pretty good too! It's been interesting seeing why other people become heroes. Dusty sure has a whole lot on her plate with being our leader and all her school an' newspaper stuff. 'Course, I've also been spending a lot of time with Sandy. Poor girl's been through so much, and she seems to open up to me. I don't mind. Everyone needs someone they can talk to, and being a hero isn't all about the big rescues and fighting villains, ya know?

Following up on the letter we found at Necrothorn's, other heroes in other Zones reported finding similar letters in the hands of other villains. Just as I suspected, it seems like someone's trying to combine the might of every villain in the city. League's got forensics trying to find any clues on the letters to lead to any sender, and last I heard, they thought that the paper could be a lead, it being an uncommon type. But that's all beside the point right now. I gotta meet up with the others!

"Jumping Flash is here! This is gonna be a gas!"

It was no problem for me to get to the scene of the commotion. When you're me, you kinda don't have to follow the roads. Everyone's already there, so I guess I should start on the civilians with Dusty!

Assessing: 5
Darn.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Freak +2, Danger +2, Savior +0, Superior 0, Mundane -1
Potential 0/5 | Burn: 0+3 | Conditions: None

I was in my room. It was a large one on the first floor. There was a nice and big window that gave me a really cool view of the outside, and I had just finished setting up. I kept it a bit sparse, since I was going to use my room as a place to practice. I used to use the place where we hung out when everyone was here, but then I kind of, uh...destroyed the television. Not good. But I had some money saved up from what the League had paid us, so I could probably get a replacement. Probably. Besides, it would be better to accidently destroy my own things rather then something belonging to everyone else. I think.

Anyway, when I got the text I rushed right out of the Shrine and to the location Takana gave us. I was one of the first to arrive, since I wasn't doing anything at the time of the message. I looked around, but I didn't see any sign of Lady Horrible Sea. I...wasn't actually sure what I was going to do. Thankfully, everyone else showed up and Stardust started laying out a plan. I nodded. "Yeah, uh, sounds good to me!" It seems like Mnemosyne was focusing on finding her, so I started concentrating. I felt the magical energies around start to flow into me, a red glow surrounding me. I was kind of worried, but...it seemed to be going fine.

Charge Up Powers: 2d6 11
Adding 3 Burn

quote:

Look:
Man, White, Casual clothing, Colorful costume

Abilities:
You can fundamentally control the world around you. Choose one option from the list as the broad base of your control over the world around you.

Sorcery

Labels

Freak +2, Danger +2 Savior +0, Superior 0, Mundane -1

Moves:

When you charge up your powers, roll + conditions you currently have marked. On a hit, hold 3 Burn. On a 7-9, mark a condition. On a miss, hold 2 Burn, and mark 3 conditions.

Spend your Burn on your Flares. You lose all burn at the end of the scene.

Flares:

Shielding: You call up a fast protective field to stop a danger. Spend 1 Burn to defend someone else from an immediate threat, rolling + Freak instead of + Savior.

Constructs: Spend 1 burn to create any object with your powers, up to the size of a person. Spend an additional Burn to animate it independently of yourself. The construct dissolves at the end of the scene.

Worship: You put out a tremendous display of your might. Spend 1 Burn to awe an audience into silence, respect, and attention when you unleash your powers.

Boost: Spend 1 burn to supercharge a teammate’s efforts with your powers, giving them a +1 bonus to their roll as if you had spent Team from the pool.

Overcharge: You channel the full capacity of your incredible powers to overcome an obstacle, reshape your environment, or extend your senses. Spend 2 burn to take a 10+ when you unleash your powers.

Elemental Awareness: Spend 1 Burn and mark a condition to open your mind up to the world around you with your powers. You can ask any one question about the world around you, and the GM will answer honestly.

Snatch: Spend 1 burn to use your powers to seize any one object up to the size of a person from someone within view.

Moment of Truth
It’s like your mind’s eye opens up, and you can see the world around you like never before. You can control it, at will, with ease. Of course, warping reality tends to have ramifications down the line, but in your moment of godhood...how could you possibly be worried?

Team Moves

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if you see fear in their eyes. If they say no, take +1 forward and mark potential. If they say yes, immediately shift your Danger up and Savior down.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them how they could stop you, if it came down to it. Give them Influence over you and clear a condition.

Advances

Unlock three new flares (Boost, Overcharge, Snatch)

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 5, 2016

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:d: Earlier, back at Kanzeon Shrine…

Tetsuya Akagawa resides in the kagura-den of the syncretic Shinto-Buddhist temple and shrine, which pays respects to Kannon, She the Infinite Light, as much as the michi no kami. The kagura-den is a hall where sacred Noh or dance plays would normally be held, and is a pretty empty space for someone to live in. Across the screens and paper walls, are prayer strips, asymmetrically placed as if in haste, some of which are blowing away with the wind. They have no special power, rather placed by the old retired miko who used to be the caretaker of the abandoned shrine before its most recent acquisition. When she saw what kind of being was going to reside there, she took pious precautions.

I can’t really blame her.

Inside, the decoration is spartan, very little of what was already present touched. I don’t have a bed, or anything like that. There is my chest in a corner padded with tatami, set into the center square in place of a hearth. It has my… um, personal things. To be honest, I don’t spend a lot of time in here, if I can help it, rather trying to be near my friends, but as of late, Takana has been giving me a real hard time.

“Just because you’re dead doesn’t mean you have to be truant. You need to study, study, study!” I now have a pile of books (mostly outdated and useless) along with the school materials brought by Stardust Scout sat untended. Here I am, floating in my armor at the center of the room, staring at it with all the loathing in the world.

Worse of all, he’s been very strict about my TV time. Even before Ash... um, destroyed it. “You’ll kill your eyes that way, son.” He said. But my eyes are dead already…

Bored, I stretch my arms in both directions, and then lean over in the air, lounging in the cradle of the invisible wind. “Geez… I didn’t think life after death would be so stressful…” I say this to himself, but I know I’m never completely alone.

Look at you, kid. What would daddy think of this? Idzuna’s flickering form, never seeming entirely real, and his voice eternally mocking, lounges on one of the wooden rafters above, his featureless lantern eyes gazing down from the shadows to me. I know that my psychopomp is always close, and always watching. Most people don’t see or hear him, but with most of the Six being sensitive to the spirit world, he can really only avoid the notice of a few. Including Takana, I’ve learned.

I life my visor and narrow my eyes at him, but I can’t really do a scary face. I wilt, and wave in front of my face apologetically. I really could do without another lesson today. “Sorry, but detective-san says I should be working on my English, it’s not very good. I don’t know if I can take two teachers like you two...“

Ha, is that so. You think your burden is so great, kid? Please.

“I didn’t say that! I’m just, it’s really hard. How can I deal with all this school when I have six billion to worry about?” I protest, crossing my arms and turning away.

Maybe you should look how others shoulder such burdens, or maybe you’ll just whine about it like the kid you are. Fearless Leader surely isn’t crying about it.

I feel a jolt of something ugly inside of me, and I blurt it out. “Like Stardust really understands how much…” I stop myself. Stardust is so good a person. I should never say anything like that about her. But Idzuna can hear my thoughts, at least, I think he can. It usually seems like this. I can hear him leaping down, the resonance of his presence leaving little hums as he hops down invisible ledges in the air, and then onto the ground.

Ah, now we’re getting someone, aren’t we kid? But this conversation quickly ends. I hear a buzzing sound. My phone! I give a start and hit the ground when I lose my conversation. I start looking for it, but I soon find that Idzuna is pawing at it passingly, the glow of the screen simply passing through his immaterial form.

“I-Idzuna! Give that here!” I snatch it away, but slithering through the air, the pipe-fox hovers above my to read. “I’ll prove I can handle it, to you, Takana-san, and Stardust Scout!” I know my voice doesn’t sound too sure. It cracks too often. It doesn’t matter. It’s time to be a hero. I make the call to kamaitachi, and Idzuna laughs, fading back into the shadows, eyes glinting.

My crimson cloak rushes through the air seemingly out of nowhere to wrap around me, unveiling the scythe that it was wrapped around, growing to fit into my grasp. “I… I promise… to never hurt anyone with you. This power will never be used to hurt again, only to save, and banish back those who wrongly trespass upon our world, back to… to H-Hell.” This mantra means nothing, I know. It’s not some magical words. It’s just a promise I have to keep to myself, every time I grasp this, to remind me of who I am.

Because with this in hand, and this cloak around me, I’m not Tetsuya Akagawa anymore.

I’m Kamaitachi. I’m a weapon, not boy.

The doors into the kagura-den burst open, prayer strips flying in all directions as a crimson streak flies out and upwards, scythe held back and tight as he makes his way, joining up with perhaps the others along the way en-route, the cloak seeming to lengthen with the air into a wide streak across the sky as he heads to the flooded section of Zone 23.

:d: Now, back to the action!!!

When Nemesis wrenches a lamp post to use as a bat, swinging it about, Kamaitachi all but slithers through the air around it. “S-sorry!” He says as a reflex, immediately apologizing rather than getting upset, his soft voice echoing inside the helmet a bit, his scythe held back in a passive position beneath his feet. He was a bit distracted looking in Red Witch’s direction as he charged up, so he didn’t notice until just a moment before Nemesis’s swing what was coming his way.

“... Nemesis. I’m glad… it is you I’m with…” I say quietly while she’s trying to get the witch out, and I immediately regret it. I only meant that… Nemesis is the hard counter. Nothing I can do can hurt her. I haven’t hurt anyone else, but I just… I always feel safer around her, like I can let myself do more. Um, she might think I mean something else. I should just help her, and, embarrassed, I look elsewhere across the flood waters.

It’s not Nemesis I have to prove myself to today. I don’t know if Stardust really trusts me yet. She has every reason not to and… I admit I don’t feel like I know her. She’s always so happy and confident, but I don’t… know her, like I’m starting to know the others. But she’s trusting me to be here, at the vanguard. That means something, and I can’t let her down.

So I’m afraid already that I will, and the water is worse. If Lady Horrible Sea can control the water… My armor is not waterproof. I don’t know how much pressure it could take, especially if it was directed outwards. If she were to break my armor… I wouldn’t be safe. Others wouldn’t be safe. So I am afraid, already, that I will disappoint, and that she will peel away what protects me.

Fear is my weapon. The fear fills me and I feel my body turn cold, my skin becomes mottled, and my irises turn crimson like my cloak, glowing through the visor of my helmet. I must use this fear. I begin to swing the scythe, rolling it between my fingers that lengthen and blacken into like a claw, and then with a powerful under swing, call the invisible wind to cut through the waters.

:c: 1:32:22 PM TrickyDickNixon Unleash powers to reshape the environment.
1:32:27 PM TrickyDickNixon !r 2d6+3
1:32:28 PM Krysmbot TrickyDickNixon, 10+3 = 13
:c:

Starting as a single line that cuts down to the ground, and then splits into five directions, my power parts the waters and rolls them back in waves. I create a beachhead of solid ground, where the water does not touch, maintained by the winds that cut the waters and hold them at sharp edges. We cannot let her have the advantage, and that is what the waters are.

Character Sheet posted:

Hero Name: Kamaitachi
Look: Ambiguous, South Asian, mottled (dark spots) and marked (scars from kamaitachi) skin, terrifying costume, strange eyes.

Abilities:
  • Spirit Immortality: As spirit and not flesh, Kamaitachi can take nearly any damage and still "live", though he can still suffer and does, and can be put out of commission just like any other hero. He's also vulnerable to the same things that target spirits, like seals, and too much pain can cause him to lose his human nature. When unleashing, I imagine it's to do feats of great shonen determination, or do feats that would be unthinkable for the human body, like allowing a limb to detach, walking through fire, or being an electrical conduit. The monstrousness of this is manifest in his becoming more and more demon-liked, mottling skin appearing with pain and his eyes turning red, until he's nothing but a black spectre after suffering enough damage.
  • Psychokinesis: The invisible wind summoned is basically no different than telekinesis, allowing him to fly and trap opponents, but also cut their skin. Cuts caused by Kamaitachi don't deeply wound or even cause pain, only numbness, and eventually unconsciousness. It can also weaken and expose what's underneath for someone to do a finishing blow. if there are other powers of the scythe, Kamaitachi does not know them. When the scythe is taken away from him, his powers are far lesser in this regard. That's because, unknown to Kamaitachi really but obvious to those who notice, the scythe is just a crutch. If he calls upon the powers without the scythe, however, he has to transform, and the wind becomes less "invisible" and much more outwardly a demonic projection.

Labels
    Freak +3
    Danger +1
    Saviour +1
    Superior -1
    Mundane -1

Moves
    I Am Not My Body
    When you deny your monstrous body, add +2 to reject someone's influence.

Not Human Enough
    When you directly engage a threat in a terrifying fashion, mark a condition to choose an additional option, even on a miss.

Be the Monster
    When you frighten, intimidate, or cow others with your monstrous form, roll + Freak. On a hit, they are thrown off and make themselves vulnerable to you, or they flee. On a 10+, choose 1. On a 7-9, choose 2.
    - You frighten others you had not intended to scare.
    - You hurt someone or break something you shouldn't have.
    - You feel like more of a monster afterward; mark a condition (GM's choice).
    On a miss, they react with violence, hatred, and paranoia, and you suffer the brunt of it.

Moment of Truth
It's so easy to forget that you're not your body, and you're not the voice in your head---you're both. Be the monster, and save them anyway. Smash down walls, and speak softly. Because when you embrace it, you can do anything. Of course, putting on a display like this is sure to get unwanted attention...

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, clear 1 condition if they treat you like a person, and mark potential if they treat you like a team mate.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them if they think you're losing or gaining humanity. If they say losing, mark a condition and mark potential. If they say gaining clear a condition and shift Mundane up and any other Label down

Tricky Dick Nixon fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 4, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The Kan'non Six - Issue #1

The waters that Lady Horrible Sea's conjured forth don't manage to reach you, though that was definitely her first move upon noticing you - the waves surge against, but cannot penetrate, the Invisible Winds Kamaitachi's created. The inky black waters she commands have managed to separate your team however, with the pair that went off to search for citizens in need (Stardust Scout and Jumping Flash) on the other side of the raging waters, near quite a few other civilians that share their predicament!

Lady Horrible Sea seems more amused by your team's presence than anything. "Ohohoho!" You hear her voice reverberate from all the water flooding throughout the town, her irritating laugh nearly omnipresent. "Did they send all of you to try and buy time?" The waves surge against the Invisible Wind barriers again, though again they make no progress. "It won't work - None of you understand, you can't stop me."

While Mnemosyne has managed to figure out where she actually is, the rest of you are having some trouble - and there are civilians in danger. To make things even worse, it seems your adversary can do more than just impotently rage against Kamaitachi's safespace and taunt you all - she can summon Water Elementals, two of which are surging towards all of you right now. They might not be able to enter your warded area, but they can certainly try and stop you from reaching their creator!

Nemesis - No one really seems to care about your outburst all that much - Lady Horrible Sea definitely doesn't bother to respond to it. It almost seems like no one cares, but... that can't be it, right? (Mark Insecure) Are you used to not being taken seriously? What do you intend to do to demonstrate to everyone that you're a force to be reckoned with?

Kamaitachi - Her waves are no match for your wind, so you've got that going for you at least - a definite safe area to evacuate civilians to. Still, Lady Horrible Sea's upped the ante and conjured up some foes to hold all of you back - how do you plan on confronting or bypassing them?

Red Witch - For once at least, you feel totally in control. Despite the waves and the endangered civilians, another major trial for your team, and the threat of harm or death, things seem... calm. With your powers under control, how do you intend to put them to good use against this villain and her conjured help?

Mnemosyne - It's not hard to find her, not when you're able to utilize the Mists like you are - her powers are no match for them. She's lurking deep in the depths of a warehouse she's flooded, a block or so behind the Elementals she's summoned. How do you tell everyone this, and what do you do next?

ACROSS THE WATER

Stardust Scout - Leaping to the top of a second story building to evade a wall of water from wiping you out, you notice you're not alone in taking shelter up there. There's also... a girl from your school?! Who is it, and why does seeing them ducking for cover weird you out? They seem to be sheltering a much younger sister, and haven't spotted you yet. What do you plan to say to them, and how will you help them - or does defeating the villain take priority?

Jumping Flash - Since you can walk through the air, normally the raging waters wouldn't be a concern for you... if you hadn't been spotted and flagged down by a civilian. He looks very, perhaps even exceptionally average, if perhaps a bit timid. "I, uh, see that you're busy..." He starts, motioning towards the waters you're standing over, the same ones he's eyeing nervously from the safety of his house's second story porch. "It's just that, well, my girlfriends and I all room here, and we can't really get out... can you help me?"

Sighing as if he's used to this, he looks away and immediately explains, "I have seven different girlfriends living with me, and also I'm a half-ghost, uh, I'm still not really sure how either happened. Uhhh..." He blushes. "I'm Shinji, sorry, I should've said..." He looks at you expectantly.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:04 on May 4, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Potential 0/5 | Burn: 3 | Conditions: None

My eyes go wide in surprise as Lady Horrible Sea floods the streets, but Kamaitachi kept us safe. I can sense the power within me, and look to the elementals she's summoned - they're dangerous, but I think she'll be even mmore dangerous. So I should save my more powerful magic for her. I step towards them and shout "I've got the one on the left!" I instantly begin shooting blasts of magic at it, the bright red bolts slamming it backwards. It's trying to keep its form but I keep at it and prevent it from being able to do much of anything.

Directly Engage Water Elemental: 2d6+2 10
Choosing to avoid its blows and impress, surprise, or frighten it

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Potential: 0/5 | DOOM! 0/5 | Conditions: None

I grin when I finally track her down. This is going a lot better than last time! If we make this quick, hopefully no one else should get hurt.

I glance over at Kamaitachi to see if he's watching, I yell over the wind and water, "Nemesis, I found her! She's in the warehouse over there! Give me your hand, and I'll drop us right on top of her!"

It also give me the chance to get away from Red Witch. He's doing fine, of course, but... just in case...

If she grabs on, I'll use the Portal doomsign to pop right over to Lady Horrible Sea and drop off an angry Nemesis.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location:

'Ungh.. Can't believe I got ignored like that. Again. It's so annoying! Nobody takes me serious just because I'm a kid! Urrrrrrgggh! What do I have to do?! Beat another 15 heroes into hospital?!' she thinks to herself.

The anger over being ignored was boiling inside her, when Mnemosyne unveils her master plan: Just go straight to her and punch her in the face!

Of course, Nemesis approves of that plan. She perks up, and probably unnoticeable to anyone but Mnemosyne, who she is looking at, sports a grin.

"I like your way of thinking."

The young girl grabs onto Mnemosyne, and with a low hum, grants her the same invincibility.

"Let's go. I want to punch her in the face so bad right now...!"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 2, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Potential: 0/5 | DOOM! 2/5 | Conditions: None

Still unsure if Kamaitachi is watching, I can't really wait any longer. I take a deep breath and raise my hand, calling up the mist as I say, "Seeking one whose powers douse, bring us to the warehouse!" The mists condense in front of us, remaining still. Without warning, they rush forward, enveloping us, and then they dispersing to leave nothing behind.

I never like traveling like this. The few moments in transit is always chaotic, playing snippets of memories the mist has taken. I hold on tight to Nemesis, making sure I don't let go. I've got no idea what would happen if I left someone behind, and I never want to find out.

Another cloud appears in the flooded warehouse, dropping both of us into the warehouse with a pair of splashes. Sputtering a bit, I think we at least surprised Lady Horrible Sea. As Nemesis goes for her, I raise my hands over my head and say, "Hiding here in the dark? Watch out for the shark!" A dense, misty shark erupts out of my outstretched hands, plowing through water towards the dark figure of Lady Horrible Sea.

As a side note, I don't really need to say anything to invoke the mists, but people seem less bothered by my powers if I pair them with a silly rhyme. And the last thing I want is for people to be terrified around the mists.

<capfalcon_work> directly engage the magical jerk
<capfalcon_work> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 7+1 = 8

Trade blows to create an opportunity for your allies, probably by messing with her concentration and making it easier on the others outside.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 5, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location:

'Eep. Well, going through that was... kinda scary. I mean, that's apparently whats Mmenosyne is so deadly afraid of... I can see why. This is so creepy. What are all of these voices about?' Nemesis wonders as they travel through the mist. One voice in particular is very unsettling. 'Then... we'll make our own gods.' This... can't be a coincidence. DEUS. Someone from DEUS got eaten by the Mists. But... how?!'

On the other side, however, her fear quickly subsides - largely thanks to the villain being in clear sight. From a standing position, Nemesis charges through the water with incredible momentum, unhindered by the water, simply pushing it side with her unstoppable force. The anger over being ignored boiled right back up.

"Youuuuuuu! You lovely old hag with a shittier name. I'm not just a freaking child! I won't forgive you just ignoring me like that..."

Ducking behind the mist-shark to obscure her movement, then swinging her improvised weapon forward, she rips through the ground below, getting the weapon below the dumbfounded villainess - and swings it upwards with enough force to topple a tank. Lady Horrible Sea crashes straight through the ceiling, and high into the air. Gathering up force beneath her, she launches herself after the villainess she just catapulted upwards.

Directly Engaging: 2d6+3 8 Creating an Opportunity for our teammates - By launching Lady Horrible Sea straight into the open.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 2, 2016

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: ROOFTOPS

T-Taya-chan!? I mean, she skipped school often but why was Taya-chan up here, and since when did she have a little sister? Ah - Taya-chan was a, uh, well I mean, she was a Yankee, and like, well known for skipping class and getting into fights and always being super uh... brave is the word I guess, though 'belligerent' also works if you wanna be rude? I mean, there's a rumor that once a low grade monster interrupted her gang's fight with another gang, and while everyone else ran away, she just beat it down with her baseball bat, while yelling about it interrupting her business, and not belonging around there and stuff. It's where her nickname as the "Yankee Without Fear" came from.

But now she's just hiding, holding a girl who looks a lot like her, and looking super scared. All of her bravado is gone, and it's almost shocking - she'd yelled at me to 'stuff it' so often, when I was just Koneko, and I was always a little intimidated... but now she was just like anyone else. And so it was my job as a hero to not only keep her safe, but to protect her peace of mind. I lower myself slowly, moving in closer to them while creating a Lovu-Lovu Saturn RIng to float on, that was nice and bright and noticable - because a hero isn't flashy because they need to stand out to the villains, but so they can draw the eyes of the civilians in need.

"Don't worry." I'm not yelling, I'm not moving too quickly, I'm speaking gently to them both, "I'm Stardust Scout, and I'm here to get you both to safety." I offer a hand to them, "I know it must have been so scary, but everything's going to be alright, okay?"

22:22 KittyEmpress comfort or support
22:22 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+3
22:22 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 6+3 = 9

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 11, 2016

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Surrounded by Water

I could hear so many words going over the battlefield. The rushing approach of two elementals that threatened the good people that still needed to be saved. I hoped that Jumping Flash and Stardust Scout could take care of them! It was better they did, I didn't want to scare anyone... But then I saw Red Witch! He was amazing, and the power at his hands fighting off the elementals. I knew that I wanted to help, but... I was supposed to stay with Nemesis. When I saw her reach over and touch Mnemosyne, there was a moment where I felt, maybe I should have gone with? But I knew I couldn't, I had to say here, and keep up the winds. It wasn't because I wanted to stay with Ash, really it wasn't!

I swung the scythe back, and launched myself forward, swiping upwards with a violent wind that cut the elemental in half!... but it simply just reformed, and I had to dodge back before it could swing. No matter how I swung, there was nothing my blade directly seemed to be able to do, until I considered what I had done just before. Pushing forward with my wind, I sought to turn it into a wave, crashing back and into the other elemental, the one that Red Witch was engaged with, bringing both together with a crash that might give us the opportunity we needed to finish them off!

1:23:50 PM TrickyDickNixon directly engage the other watery stooge
1:23:59 PM TrickyDickNixon !roll 2d6+1
1:24:00 PM Krysmbot TrickyDickNixon, 8+1 = 9

Marking Guilty to choose two: avoid their blows and create an opportunity for our allies.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Listen, buddy. I ain't gonna judge your personal life. You and your girls just gotta come with me, kay?"

Defending! 9!

I managed to carry Shinji and his seven girlfriends from their apartment to safety alright. Unfortunately, carryin' 8 people down that many floors takes a bit outta ya, and I'm only human! I figure the others are handling things alright enough for me to catch my breath for a minute.

The Hero is out in the open with her back turned to the villain!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The Kan'non Six - Issue #2
The water continues to rise all around our heroes as they struggle against a sinister sea-witch!
There's a page near the start, asking for a volunteer with experience translating manga issues...

The battle in the heart of Zone-Twenty Three continues to rage on! Having been battered into the air by Nemesis and Mnemosyne, a clearly desperate Lady Horrible Sea is going for one big attack to shift things back in her favor. All present can see the dark magic aura about her as she casts her spell, conjuring forth a massive tidal-wave of malignant dark water to drown her pesky foes - along with yet more of Zone Twenty-Three!

The elementals she conjured up have done even worse than she has - neither stood a chance before the combined power and skill of Red Witch and Kamaitachi! With them defeated, the way to the witch is now clear!

Meanwhile, the civilians that've been evacuated by Jumping Flash and Stardust Scout are safe in the area Kamaitachi safeguarded with invisible winds - and they're in the perfect spot to watch the aerial conflict against the Sea Witch unfold. Though safe for now, there's no guarantee Lady Horrible Sea's newest spell won't endanger them eventually...

Kamaitachi and Red Witch - Red Witch's bolts were already devastatingly effective - with both targets moved to one spot, courtesy Kamaitachi, it seems Lady Horrible Sea's elementals barely have time to realize what's happening before they're both completely destroyed, the magic that animated them dissipating harmlessly. While you took out her two minions though, she managed to attack two of your teammates - and target the zone beneath them as well. The flooding's about to get much worse, your teammates might be hurt, and the witch that's responsible for all of it hasn't been taken down yet. What takes priority, and what do you do next?

Nemesis and Mnemosyne - Lady Horrible Sea was certainly caught off-guard by your efforts. Presumably having expected her watery hiding place to provide ample protection, the pair of you emerging from a portal and immediately smacking her around with magic sharks and lanternposts wasn't part of her plan - nor was being bashed into middair, courtesy Nemesis. Waving in a circle with her left hand as she flies up, a column of water forms beneath her and stops her from falling back to Earth. She stands up on it when she has the chance, and she is not. Happy. At. All.

Glaring down at the pair of you, black and violet magical energy begins to swirl around her right hand. "No... No, I'm not being stopped - not like this, by YOU," she shrieks. "That's it - EVERYONE DROWNS! INFINITE DARK WATER: ABYSSAL TRENCH WAVES!" Both horrible darkness and freezing water blast forth from her spell, threatening to take down both of you - and much of the rest of Zone Twenty-Three if she isn't stopped! How do you fare against her attack, and how do you intend to stop her?

(Lady Horrible Sea currently has two conditions, Angry and Afraid. Both of you need to roll to take a Powerful Blow.)

Stardust Scout and Jumping Flash - Both of you have managed to help your wildly different civilians, so there's that at least. Taya's definitely impressed by and listening to Stardust... until her little sister's safe, anyways, at which point she looks around the safe area for a moment, reaches down and grabs a heavy looking wooden bit of debris, then looks to Stardust. "Thanks for the assist, but staying here's not my style - c'mon, we gotta go help out your team!" In case the 'we' wasn't clear, she smacks the impromptu bat in her hand once for emphasis, clearly already imagining herself clobbering the flying Lady Horrible Sea somehow. She's got a point that your teammates are in danger, but is letting her leave her sister behind to endanger herself a good plan? What's more important - talking her down, or helping the team out? What do you do?

Jumping Flash, meanwhile, is surrounded by the chaos of Shinji and his seven girlfriends, all of them arguing with one another about what should be done / what Shinji wants done. It seems like a pretty standard harem relationship - there's a blonde, a brunette, one's got blue hair, and one's an immortal scientist that still looks like she's in high school for some reason. For his part, he's obviously used to being talked over, though he's not making much of an effort to add to the planning going on - instead, he's staring at the heroine that rescued him like he's in a daze. Perhaps he's actually concussed somehow? Might be worth checking on him... or, on the other hand, you could also not do that at all, and just go help your team instead. There's no way the eight people you saved could get into that much trouble in a safe area, right? What do you do?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Alright, alright, everyone calm the heck down!"

I really should get back to the others, but I wouldn't feel right until I can be sure Shinji's okay. I kneel down in front of him and wave my hand in front of his face.

"Yo, Shinji. You alright, buddy? Do I need to get ya an ambulance? How many fingers am I holding up?"

I hold up 5 fingers, occasionally looking back to the rest of the team.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Potential: 1/5 | DOOM! 2/5 | Conditions: Hopeless

As we stepped out of the portal, I could sense the mists feeding off Nemesis' fear. Even after I told her everything, she's still scared of what I can do. I guess I thought she would understand what's it's like to be stuck with something awful and trying to use it to help people. But, after that that burst of fear? I know I can't tell anyone else about the mists. No one's going to understand. Not really.

Still, I don't have too much time to mope as a torrent of water almost engulfs me. I roll to one side to give myself a moment to think. She's gonna flood the place, and I don't want to have to help clean up another place, drat it! Even with that very real incentive pounding in my head, my heart just isn't in it as I conjure up the mists again. I give a sidelong look at Nemesis to see if she's going to react again as I flatly state the next dumb rhyme that comes into my head.

"Misty magic parasol...
Open now and save us all!"

A misty grey telephone pole erupts out of the ground and hurtles towards the witch. I think I see her flinch at the thought this is another attack, but instead of continuing onward to batter her down, the column turns outward on itself, like a sprouting mushroom. The mists splash the water everywhere, turning the raging torrent into a light spread over the district.

[18:08] <Capfalcon> Well, either way, might as well get this over with
[18:08] <Capfalcon> Take a Powerful Blow
[18:08] <Capfalcon> !r 2d6
[18:08] <Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 6 = 6
[18:08] <Capfalcon> rekt

Stand strong, like a boss

[18:21] <Capfalcon> unleash my powers
[18:21] <Capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
[18:21] <Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 5+2 = 7
[18:21] <Capfalcon> it'll do!

Choosing to mark a Hopeless and reshape the surrounding environment to be "Not Drowned"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Flash and Stardust might have the civilians safe for right now but if Lady Horrible Sea keeps at it, some of them could get hurt! I jump up in the air, the magic giving a bright red glow as I fly up near her. I cup my hands around my mouth and raise my voice.

"HEY! Uh, Lady Horrible Sea! I guess you're not that good at magic huh? It didn't even take any effort to bring down your dumb elementals! Is that why you have to go after regular people instead?"

Man I hope this works.

Provoke Lady Horrible Sea: 2d6 11

Trying to get her to stop endangering the civilians in the area

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location:

'Hmph. That's it, playtime's over. Perfectly fine with me. I'll show you just what I am capable off! Endangering innocent civilians because of your stupid pride... will not stand.'

Nemesis begins to shimmer, and yells out towards the villainess.

"You want to play rough? Fine with me, you dumb witch!"

The lantern post begins to vibrate from the sheer force applied to it, before Nemesis throws it directly at Lady Horrible Sea at incredible speed. The sheer backlash of the force blasts Nemesis into the ground, but of course Nemesis proves to be the more stubborn in that respect.

'What will it be? Finish your spell or get hit by this? Make your pick.'

Swapped out Thick and Thin Skinned for Physics? What Physics? from the update.

Take a Powerful Blow: 2d6+1 8 choosing you give ground; your opposition gets an opportunity. Marking Angry.

Directly Engaging: 2d6+3 12 Choosing you avoid their blows and you impress, surprise or frighten

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 2, 2016

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: With the Bystanders

This is it! We're really working as a team! I feel a tinge of excitement, kicking off from the ground and floating upwards as we disperse the waters... Only to cringe as a powerful surge comes up forth, threatening to swallow not just all of us, but the whole city! I knew this power, this anger she showed. The more we pushed her... The more powerful she would become, the less restrained she would become.

I can't it happen. Not again! I couldn't put Necrothorn out of my head, and her mocking face. Again she would make us choose, but this time, she wouldn't win! Because we were a team, and she was just one. She was... alone... I feel a little guilty, actually, sympathy that perhaps I shouldn't. But I do not get time to think. Mnemosyne calls upon her mists to spread out the water, like a great storm cloud. It's incredible! Spreading out like a cloud, and raining her swell down... But it's still torrential! The floods are still here. Ash is smart, he tries tp get her attention, tries to give her a focus on us, the real threats, but my winds cannot keep the torrential rains forever, and if I lose concentration...

"I will not let you hurt anyone!" I swing the scythe rapidly beneath me, pulling up the water into a spout, and then propelling myself outwards, cutting across the once again flooding ground as the winds focus upon me. As the people cling, to each other, drenched in the waters, I sweep upon them as a crimson cloak. I can see their faces, their reaction. I cringe, but I try to say, my voice cracking beneath the helmet. "Fear not."

5:13:34 PM TrickyDickNixon Defend the civilians from the Abyssal Trench Waves.
5:13:43 PM TrickyDickNixon !r2d6+1
5:13:49 PM TrickyDickNixon woops
5:13:53 PM TrickyDickNixon !r 2d6+1
5:13:53 PM Krysmbot TrickyDickNixon, 7+1 = 8

Defend the people from the threat, supplementing Red Witch and Mnemosyne's actions, so adding one Team to the pool. Choosing to expose myself to danger.

I call forth the power, my eyes glowing red underneath the hood, bringing kamaitachi forth. There is a scream, and some look away. I use the fear, the anger that gives me, as my hands thicken into sharp, black claws... and I deny them! I deny the monster! I deny Lady Horrible Sea! As I raise the scythe above my head, eventually to one hand stretched high up, the winds come in a circle around us. As the waters flood in, the people are lifted from the water and into the air, suspected by the invisible winds, and though their clothing is cut, they are unharmed.

Instead of keeping them here, I place them on high ground, where the slow flood as opposed to the abyssal deluge cannot harm them, and I can focus my powers elsewhere to help my team. As I float there above the ground, I can hear a little girl say, "Stay safe, ghost-san!" For a moment, I'm stunned by this, my eyes turning back normal for just a moment after that, no longer glowing with power. There's a mocking laugh and a smoky voice, as Idzuna appears behind my shoulder, lounging in the air.

Nice work, kid. But aren't you forgetting something?

I blink once, and turn around...

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Both of you have managed to help your wildly different civilians, so there's that at least. Taya's definitely impressed by and listening to Stardust... until her little sister's safe, anyways, at which point she looks around the safe area for a moment, reaches down and grabs a heavy looking wooden bit of debris, then looks to Stardust. "Thanks for the assist, but staying here's not my style - c'mon, we gotta go help out your team!" In case the 'we' wasn't clear, she smacks the impromptu bat in her hand once for emphasis, clearly already imagining herself clobbering the flying Lady Horrible Sea somehow. She's got a point that your teammates are in danger, but is letting her leave her sister behind to endanger herself a good plan? What's more important - talking her down, or helping the team out? What do you do?

"Ta-" I start to call her name, and then realize that I am Stardust Scout, and not the mild mannered school president who would know her name, so I instead pose with my staff above my head for a moment, as I speak to her, trying to look more... important, and intimidating, "Thank you for offering your assistance, I see you've got a hero's bravery!" I grin, trying to play it up just a little, "If I could make a request of you, I would actually love it if you would be willing to stand guard here! See, villains like Lady Horrible Sea are like, never alone! And while the shield might hold right now, who knows when it might fall!" I motion around us to all the people here, in the safety zone, "And these people are scared, they need someone to protect them. Someone like you." My hand moves to her shoulder, and I smile genuinely, "Can I trust you to take care of them, while I go back out there?"

Provoking by flattering her strong ego~
20:00 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+0
20:00 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 11+0 = 11

As soon as she had agreed, I was already jumping out of the shield, out towards where I could feel Kamaitachi was, I always could feel his power, the negativity that it called to, the terrible darkness lurking inside my teammate who just wanted to help others.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The Kan'non Six - Issue #2

Lady Horrible Sea's spell is largely defeated thanks to your combined efforts - and what should have been a zone-destroying deluge instead results into a few busted fire-hydrants worth of water at most. The various civilians in the area are all kept safe as well, with the water so far doing little more than a lot of property damage. No one's died, at least that you're aware of.

What's more, Nemesis' attack catches the Villain completely off-guard, as she'd been paying attention to Red Witch's condemnation of her - and it strikes true. She lets out a shriek of pain as she's blasted back, a strange looking black energy trailing behind her, only to collide with an office building. She disappears inside, a cloud of debris and broken glass masking her location now.

Wounded though she must be though, she won't let herself be stopped yet. From inside the depths of the multi-story building she's hidden in, a sinister black energy glows, then lances out towards a few of you at an incredible speed! Strangely, she doesn't call out a name for this attack...

Important League of Heroes Rule Clarification: Heroes do not kill villains, barring special exceptions in hypothetical apocalyptic scenarios . They can, however, kill enemies designated as monsters.

Mnemosyne - Wow, you just really saved a lot of homes and businesses from being destroyed. Feel pretty good about that, or do you have more important things to do? What about the black beams Lady Horrible Sea's desperately flinging at you and the others on your team reminds you of the mists in some way? She seems to have aimed a beam towards you too, but the first one missed for some reason - odd. How do you plan on putting a stop to her antics here?

Red Witch - "No! No!" She exclaims immediately, seeming to stop paying attention to the others to argue with you, her expression despair and rage struggling for primacy. "I... I never wanted to do any of this, you don't underst-" But then she's struck by Nemesis' attack, and that's the end of that conversation - though a few seconds later she begins a new one, this time communicating with Black Magic. What do you think of your teammate's action? What do you think of hers? How will you stop her?

Nemesis - Your attack was clearly pretty devastating - she may have the energy left for this temper tantrum, but it probably won't last long. Are you content to try and ignore her attacks, or has she got you angry enough that you want to go smack her around some more? After all, as long as you don't kill her, you're technically not breaking any League rules. What do you do?

Kamaitachi - It wasn't your new fan's intention to distract you at a crucial moment, but they managed it. You kept them all safe, but your back was turned for Lady Horrible Sea's new attack... and one of the beams was aimed directly at you. A sudden blast strikes you from behind, and it feels cold. Like the worst thoughts you've ever had when you're all alone late at night, the feeling of armored chains all around you. How do you fare against the attack, and how do you plan on retaliating for it? (Take a powerful blow. Oh, and Idzuna probably makes fun of you.)

Stardust Scout - For a second it looks as if Taya's aware of your manipulations... but ultimately, it seems as if she has to agree she is indeed pretty awesome, and that she might as well take you at your word. "Alright, if you insist, I'll take care of the small fry while you all finish off what's her face over there." She points the soggy stick she's wielding towards the building emitting lethal magic beams, entirelly nonplussed at the sight of it. Still, you probably aren't - even if none of those beams have struck a civilian so far, they still could, and you've got to put a stop to that, right? How do you do so?

Jumping Flash - "I... I think I'm good," he stammers while blushing. "Thanks to you!" He looks towards you, and for a second it seems as if he's going to try and awkwardly hug you, but instead he even more awkwardly takes a step forward to try and shake your hand from the looks of it. Unfortunately though, he slips on the wet concrete, and instead of calmly shaking your hand, he collides with you - knocking you to the ground, which is sure to get you even wetter than your probably already are. Also, he's got his face in between your bosoms, which his girlfriends don't seem to appreciate. "Shouldn't you be helping your team?!" One of them asks snottily. Another is marching over, rolling her sleeves up, while yet another seems to have fainted or something. What do you do?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: ROOFTOPS

I'm flying towards our foe when I see Nemesis shooting towards the villain at frankly ludicrous speeds, and by golly, if I wasn't so upset by the fact that she was going to kill her, I would actually be pretty impressed! I have to be faster though, so as I jump from building to building, I twirl my staff in front of me, "Hapi-Hapi Co-Co-Comet~!" I chant the spell, and as soon as I had done it, I was already flying through the air, a trail of white snow behind me as I traveled towards the building our foe was knocked into. "Co~Me~T SHINE~!" I shouted as I barreled through the window, a flash of bright white light as I broke out of my comet like state, turning back to my normal super-amazing Stardust Scout form!

As soon as I had touched down in the office building, I raised the staff to the air, and chanted once more, "Shimmering Starry Sky Shield~!" One by one, the broken windows of the building were covered by a shining shield that looked like a clear night sky out in the countryside, perfectly bright and visible from thousands of stars. I closed myself into the building, because this was my job, this was my duty - to keep her from hurting others, to protect everyone from her, even if it meant trapping myself in here.

Unleashing
21:01 KittyEmpress !r 2d6-1
21:01 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 8-1 = 7
Taking Guilty

You might ask - why did I leave the comet, before hitting anything, before striking the villain, before even making use of it at all? Why did I create a shield with myself inside it, so she could hurt me? Why, that's obvious, dear impressionable child at home - A hero saves everyone. Not just the civilians. Not just their friends. Not just fellow heroes. No, they reach out and extend their arm, and they save their villains, because that is what a hero is. And so as I stood there, Starlight Staff in hand... I put the weapon on the ground, and called out, "Miss Sea, please, come out and speak with me. You don't need to do this, you don't need to hurt people. I know this isn't you - I know you're a good person, with a magical heart. And I know it can be so hard to wield that magic, but whatever it is that is making you do this, we can fix it. We can make it better, together - you're not a monster, or a villain. You're a magical girl, just like me - and I want to help."

Comfort or Support
20:49 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+3
20:49 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 10+3 = 13
Gonna Take Influence, since I doubt the team will approve

I wasn't going to move, I wasn't going to use my magic, I wasn't going to fight back. I was going to stand there, both of my hands out, and hope she would listen, pray she would listen.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location:

"Stop wasting my time!" Nemesis yells after the villainess as she sails away. She charges right after her, bursting through any walls on the way.

... and Stardust's barrier? When did she decide to be useful? Oh, gently caress off. I don't have time for you to be suicidal, Stardust.

"Stop daydreaming, you idiot!" She yells towards Stardust. Nemesis then grabs LH Sea's arm, and throws her right back through the roof - maybe she'll actually stay and fight this time. Bloody coward. Once again, Nemesis jumps after the villainess as she soars through the air.

Unleashing your Powers to burst through a Barrier: 2d6+4 11

Directly Engaging LHS: 2d6+4 13 Choosing resist blows, and create opportunity.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 2, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I let out a little smile as I see the rain start to drizzle down harmlessly. There's even a nice rainbow in the aftermath! Then, I flinch as a dark bolt flies in front of me. Honestly, it wasn't even close to me, though. She could have blasted me good if she'd been aiming. But... she's just freaking out, throwing them everywhere. And that bolt... it's empty, just like the mists. She really must be in trouble if she's got problems like that. For a brief moment, I wonder if I'm getting a preview of what it's going to be like right before the mists take me all together.

I'm jerked out of my reverie when Nemesis charges. I see that Stardust is trying to talk her down and she's thrown up a barrier to keep us out. It's... a pretty Stardust Scout thing to do, on multiple levels, but Nemesis is just gonna plow through it. I chew on my lip, trying to decide what to do. For a moment, I think about trying to conjure up whatever scared her in the mist, but I shake my head. I know trying to physically stop her isn't going to work as well, but I'm not gonna burn my candle any farther today.

I guess I'm just a not as much a selfless hero as Stardust.

I fly after Nemesis, putting up wall after wall of mist in front of her. She smashes through them, but just a little slower each time. Grunting with the effort of even slowing her down, I manage to get out, "Come on, I know you're not a raging monster the rest of the league thinks you are. You're better than that. Now's the time to show it."

[01:30] <Capfalcon> Defend LH Sea.
[01:30] <Capfalcon> !r 2d6+1
[01:30] <Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 4+1 = 5

Stardust Scout and Kamatachi are spending team to boost it to a 7. Giving Nemesis a -2 on the breaking through the barrier.

Also, taking advantage of my influence to give her another -2 on that, knocking it down to 7.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 13, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I don't know what to make of Lady Horrible Sea's words before Nemesis hit her. She didn't want this? I...think maybe we should figure out what she means? But then Nemesis knocks her into an office building and then she's shooting out black beams but Stardust seems to be trying to talk to her which is good but Nemesis is charging in which is not good. Mnemosyne is throwing up walls of mist and slowing Nemesis down. That gives me time to head over to them, but Nemesis could probably get through Stardust's barrier if she really wanted to. I take a brief look at Stardust who seems to be doing all right. Then I turn to Nemesis.

"Nemesis stop! I know that you want to stop Lady Horrible Sea but, well, Stardust is talking to her. Can't you wait just a little bit for her? We're supposed to be a team."

Provoke Nemesis: 2d6 7
Nemesis marks a Condition if she doesn't let Stardust handle things

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Errrr, gotta go!"

I push Shinji off and hop up into the air, sprinting towards the rest of the team. Oh no...what's Sandy doing?! I gotta stop her! I rush up and grab her by the shoulder.

"Nemesis! Think about what you're doing! Think about where you've come from! Is this the justice you want to uphold?! I thought you wanted to do better by yourself! Please, just let Dusty do her thing!"

Provoke: 12
If she stops, we add Team to the pool.
If she doesn't, she takes Guilty.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 13, 2016

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Potential: 0+1/5 | Conditions: +Angry, Guilty, +Hopeless | Location: At the scene of the drama

The beam bursts right through Kamaitachi, silhouetted and his back arching back. The pain is immense, but he works through it... There's no denying however that he's different now.

No.

No.

I hear the mocking, smoky laughter, but that is the last thing from my mind in that moment. It was that I let myself be carefuless, and those people I just ssaved right there before me. Am I good enough, can I rise above what I am for them? I throw my head back and let out a howling sound as I feel my essence twist. It feels like dying again, as the strike that hit me could have killed any human.

But I'm not human, I'm yōkai. Especially now.

The scythe floats of its own volition now about me, as I raise up and sped onwards, but in my working through the pain, of sitting there untended, I look and see them all rush and suddenly facing against each other before a barrier. Everything gets all twisted in my head as I realize they are there defending Lady Horrible Sea. Even while I was the one so struck, they came to her side.

All of my better impulses tell me to trust in them, to spare those who are defenseless. That is what I would normally intend to do, but that is not what I think, in that moment, as I settle to Nemesis's flank, speaking in a voice that isn't my own.

"If Stardust really trusted us, she wouldn't have done this on her own. If we were really a team, she would have not blocked us from her."

And the real truth is, this is what I actually think. It's not like I'm possessed, or working against my will, and this digs deep inside of me. Not only because I'm upset about them fighting, and cannot put myself there to stop them. I am powerless to stop Nemesis, even if I wanted to, and the barrier... But the fact is, she really didn't trust us. She felt she had to do it on her own, rather than as a team.

"Why? Why! Why are you doing this!?" My voice echoes outwards, breaking into my own voice and not just the demon's. It could have seem directed at anyone. Stardust, Lady Horrible Sea, Nemesis, or even the team as a whole. "What is the point of all of this!?" Even I don't even know who I am asking, so in that, I know in my two hearts, I will gain no real answer.

I can't find my rolls but it was a partial hit and a miss. I will try to not screw up not posting/losing my rolls so royally next time, really apologize about the last few days.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The Kan'non Six - Issue #3
There is a snide note by the translator for Kan'non Six at the start of the issue, implying that SchoolGirl Crush is an inferior manga being translated / scanlated by idiots.

Inside the barrier, Lady Horrible Sea listens to Stardust Scout. For a moment there's nothing but ragged breathing and what sounds like the the dripping of water, but eventually, a wounded voice responds to the magical girl, her pain and exhaustion beyond evident. "You... you don't know, you can't," she manages, before stopping for a coughing fit. She's slowly walking forward in the darkness, though the light emanating off Stardust Scout reveals her eventually. She is hurt - and the blues and blacks of her outfit have gained some bloody red highlights, running down from where she was last struck by Nemesis. It looks like she can barely stand, but she's still trying, black magic literally roiling around her.

"If... If I don't do this, then... they'll kill her. They'l-" She tries to raise her hand to strike you with a spell, her eyes waterfalls, but she either can't or won't manage the attack. Instead of one last attack, she loses consciousness in a pool of her own water and magic. A light begins to shine as her costume fades away, revealing-

-----------------------------

Outside, the rest of the team's managed to stop Nemesis from breaking through the barrier immediately, though only barely. Slowed down by Mnemosyne's barriers and the words of others, she still manages to crack it, the impressive night's sky beginning to crumble in bits and pieces from the point of impact. It's stopped raining, and though the city's flooded, your only real problem is being dealt with by Stardust inside the office building at the moment.

Scratch that, one of your two problems. "EVERYONE!" Takana booms irately from the tiny kayak he's in, glaring up at all of you from one of the flooded streets. "THIS IS SOOO MUCH MORE DAMAGE THAN THERE NEEDS TO BE! MY GIRLFRIEND-" He'd say more, but he nearly overturned the boat while screaming and is taking some time to right himself again. Uh oh... do any of you go to help him out, or is he fine where he is? He's definitely going to keep complaining about his probably fictional girlfriend, of course, but he might have some ideas for what should be done with Lady Horrible Sea now that's been vanquished.

-----------------------------

The barrier's totally down by now, Nemesis's attack having caused enough damage to slowly unravel the magic supporting it. Unfortunately, despite all of your (mixed levels of) heroism, there's not exactly all that much press coming out to interview you or question what happened - there's still too much flooding for them to get close. The civilians you all saved definitely seem interested in celebrating your team, though, and emergency vehicles at the edge of the accessible areas are doing their best to evacuate them. Lady Horrible Sea is unconscious as well, having reverted to looking fully human, and it looks like she's going to need some medical attention.

Everyone: Sort of a mixed success overall. Sure, the city's saved and the villain's defeated, but it seems as if your team's greatest foe is yourselves... What do all of you think about how the battle went, and what do you think should be done to repair the cracks forming in your team?

Stardust Scout - Oh nooo! Lady Horrible Sea's true form is visible in the light, and it just can't be! She's actually one of your teachers at Nijuban High! Which teacher is she, and why does it surprise you so much that she's not only a Magical Girl, but was also on such a destructive path? Who do you think she was referring to when she spoke to you, the ones that she claimed forced her to do all this? What homework assignment did she give you that you'll probably not need to worry about doing now that your teacher needs to be hospitalized?

Jumping Flash - It looks like your words got through to Sandy after all. Have you ever seen her behave this way before, or is this a side of her you've never seen before? What do you think you could say right now to make her feel better? And, on an unrelated note... do you happen to notice Shinji continuing to give you puppy-dog eyes from a block away? It's easy to tell where he is, he and his bevy of girlfriends' hair basically makes a rainbow.

Kamaitachi - "Should she actually trust you?" Idzuna asks you, sounding bored. "She outranks you, after all~" Do you think your Yokai familiar actually cares, or is he just trying to mess with you? Regardless, with the battle over, it looks like you're the only one that agreed with Nemesis about how to handle Lady Horrible Sea - if only out of a whirlwind of negative emotions - and the team's still obviously fractured by this. Do you care enough to try and get everyone working together again, or do you vent your frustrations on someone that deserves it?

Mnemosyne - That could have gone better, right? Your teleportation trick definitely put Lady Horrible Sea on her back-foot almost immediately, but it may have also been what spooked Nemesis into overreacting like she did. The whole team's pretty unhappy at the moment, and for the briefest second you feel cold. It's... almost as if you're forgetting right now, but in the future? Definitely weird, and you get a sense its linked to everyone's emotions. So, do you try and cheer everyone up, or avoid them to get away from the negativity?

Red Witch - Not one bit of collateral damage that fight, well done. Do you think you handled yourself as well as you could have, or is there something else you could've done even better? No matter what you think, you and you alone notice something... off, about the dark energy still flowing through the unconscious Lady Horrible Sea. It's very, very familiar... that's it! It reminds you of Necrothorn! Why do you think that is, and do you share your suspicion with anyone else?

Nemesis - Wow... all of your teammates (but Kamaitachi) made their opinion about your actions very, very plain. This is probably the most heroes that've opposed you since the DEUS incident, right? Are you angry at them, or at yourself? Do you actually think they still trust you? What do you plan to do now that the battle's over to change their opinion of you, or do you not actually care about trying do accomplish that?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 18, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I gently float down to the ground, feeling drained. I don't know how we managed to stop Nemesis, but we did. Or maybe we just convinced her to stop. Anyway, it looks like the fight's over. As I catch my breath, I look over at the others, and we all seem to in one piece. Physically, at least.

So... why does everything feel so off? I visibly shudder as I come into contact with the ground, and the world goes fuzzy for a second. Then, I look around, confused, as if I'd never been here before. I stand around with a blank look for a moment before everything comes back to me. But still... that's really worrisome. Maybe my time is coming a lot faster than I thought? Not like anything I can do about it, but it doesn't feel fair! I'm at least supposed to have a few more years!

Or... maybe it's some negative energy from the Lady Horrible Sea's last few spells? Or even the distrust on everyone's face? You don't need to be an empath to tell that things got out of hand at the end there. Nemesis and Kamaitachi wanted to keep hurting the villain, and I know that Nemesis usually just wants to end things quickly... But I didn't expect Kamaitachi to be so vicious! He's normally so sweet and gentle! Maybe if I can help calm him down, things will get a little better. And... I don't really know how to make Nemesis calm down. I scared her good, and I'm just going to try and stay away from her for now to make sure that I don't make it worse.

So, I smile at Kamaitachi, saying, "You were really great before, keeping the flood from getting out of hand. And fighting those elementals with Red Witch, too!" I bite my lip as I look over him, looking for any sign of injury. He doesn't look hurt, but he is kind of demon-y. And he sounded agonized just a little while ago...

Between my head going all fuzzy just a few moments ago and normal fatigue from a fight, I'm starting to feel exhausted. But I still need to make sure that Kamaitachi and the rest of the team are ok, so I give him a hug and continue, "It sounded like she really got you good at the end. I'm sorry. We should have been watching each others backs better. But, are you ok? Anything I can do to help?"

Ok, I know that sounded lame, but I'm not a demon doctor or anything. I really don't have any idea how you'd help a demon with an injury.

Also, even though I don't bring it up since I don't want to make everyone more negative, Kamaitachi sort of did have a point about Stardust. Locking herself in like that could have gone really badly, and not just because of Nemesis breaking everything in her way.

<capfalcon_work> Comfort Kamaitachi
<capfalcon_work> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 9 = 9
<capfalcon_work> That was surprising!
On a hit, they hear you: they mark potential, clear a condition, or shift labels if they open up to you

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'm aghast as Lady Sea starts transforming out of her magical girl outfit, and I quickly try to find something to cover her up with so I wouldn't see who she was, but there's nothing here! No blankets, no sheets, no towels, nothing good for covering someoen up with, so I am forced to witness as the Lady Sea turns into Minami-sensei!?! Minami sensei couldn't be a magical girl, she was... she was so down to earth and relatable! Always talking about how I shouldn't be writing my section of the newspaper, because it risked inspiring students to go out and try to be heroes, and get hurt! She was always like, super worried over anyone getting hurt, and like the entire school's mom! I can't imagine what would ever, ever, ever make her become like this, so destructive, so mean!

It must have been the Black Magic Society, I mean obviously - sure, the Hero Organization says they don't exist, and they've never really been seen, and they're only vaguely talked about in magical sites that are mostly full of normal people who just want to learn magic like I have, but that doesn't mean they don't exist! See, the Black Magic Society believes that magic should rule man, not save it, and they teach people magic just to make them hurt others! They want a new world order, where their leader, who calls themselves Merlin after some famous european wizard or something, will like, rule over everyone and we'll all have floating magical castles and things, instead of cars or televisions. Which I mean, sounds kinda lame, I like television, like, what would I do with my little sister if I couldn't watch Getterman with her every Saturday morning at 8am? Why would I even wake up on the weekends, gosh!

Minami-sensei was our health sciences teacher, which means that... well, I guess I wont have to do any more studying on the human body, and that our the essays we had been assigned about looking into an epidemic and how it spread would be like, cancelled, so I didn't need to really keep looking into Rubella... which I mean ,is kinda nice, it kinda made me depressed.

Then I realized... it was all over, the fight was done with, we had won, no one died, and yeah there was still a bit of flooding, but no one died and that's what is important. All that's left is making sure Minami-sensei gets treated, so I grab up my staff, and point it at her body, "Con~constell~ation~ map~!" I chant my spell, and a white light forms under her, and starts floating her gently off the ground, "Hapi~Hapi~ Send~offs~!" I chant the second part, as I point my staff out towards the safe zone the paramedics were at, letting the light-saucer carry her over. Wiiiith any luck, no one would ask where Lady Horrible Sea was, and wouldn't recognize her, so I could go visit her in the hospital, and figure out who is threatening her...

When I turn around to where my team is, I notice Jumping Flash, who I was like ,okay I started kinda worried, and I always kinda am, because she's like, just normal and usual and not super powerful but she did so good and I saw her save so many people, so before I know it I'm sprinting to her, and wrapping her up in a hug. "Omigosh you were so-so-so-so amazing out there, like, you rescued so many people and were so col and comforted them and wow that's like so amazing and great and I am just so amazingly happy you're so awesome! I'm so glad you're on the team!"

14:42 KittyEmpress I'm gonan go HUG JUMPING FLASH
14:42 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+3
14:42 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 7+3 = 10
You clear a condition, mark potential, or shift labels, if you open up about stuff bothering you.

Also I dunno if this counts as a triumphant celebration, but if it does, woo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

While everyone else is celebrating, I still have my arms around Sandy. We've only known each other for a short while, but I didn't think she could act like this. I don't want to ever see her like this again, but what can I do? All I can think to do is hold her.

"Sandy...it'll be okay. I promise on my honor as a hero."

Comfort: 7
That's a hit.

Letting Sandy go, I look over and see Shinji and his assortment still there, looking at me. Jeez, this is a pain. "Hey, Shinji! Get outta here already, it ain't safe here! Go on, before I make ya go!" I wave my arms in his direction as if shooing away a fly.

And then Dusty comes and wraps me up, breaking me out of both those funks.

"H-Hey, come on! I wasn't THAT impressive! ....Nah, I totally was!"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location:

Uhhh Jackie mind the height difference you're kinda suffocating me in your --

When she let's me go, Nemesis starts ranting.

"Nothing's okay! Nothing! What's so wrong with trying to stop a villain that's endangering an entire zone as quickly as possible!? You don't just have a nice chat with them! You punch them into the ground so they stop hurting people and destroying things, goddammit! You can talk to them while they're in jail!"

Sandy, breathing heavily from anger, continues on rambling.

"Don't you think I have enough on my plate with DEUS? They won't leave me alone! Not even in Mnemosyne's mist! They're in this zone, too! Earlier, I bloody saw... her... "

Sandy wanted to say more, but it kind of devolved into sobbing after this:

"But... now I know what you all really... think of me..."

Sandy.exe stopped working. Also, going to open up and mark potential, and get another potential from my Bull's heart role Friend.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 2, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Potential 0/5 | Burn: 3-2 | Conditions: None

That went...well, not great. But better then I thought it would. Sort of. I didn't think Nemesis or Kamaitachi would act like they did. "Um," I say to both of them. But then the others start talking to them and I look away. I think Takana's doing okay in his kayak now, but if he's going to almost fall out because he has to shout to us maybe I should do something to help. With a wave of my hand I form a megaphone out of magic for him. If he has that, he won't need to shout.

Spending 1 Burn to make an Construct for Takana

My eyes fall on Lady Horrible Sea. Or, well, whoever she is. The dark energy around her...it's just like how Necrothorn's magic looked. I didn't get too much time to analyze it though. But if it's the same kind maybe that means they both learned it or got it or whatever from the same place. Wasn't there that note at Necrothorn's hideout? I should definitely tell the others. But first, as Lady Horrible Sea is taken away, I focus on the dark energies around her. She seemed hesitant earlier and Stardust was able to talk her down. So maybe the magic did something to her? I open my mind and really look at it. If this is something that's threatening the city then we need all the information we can get, right?

It also lets me think about something other then Kamaitachi wanting an answer or Nemesis starting to cry.

Spending 1 Burn and marking Guilty to use Elemental Awareness and ask "What effects did the dark magic have on Lady Horrible Sea?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Sandy, no, it's not like that...." I separate from Dusty to give Sandy another hug. "Listen, just come up to my room when we get home, and we can talk some more, alright?"

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: ROOFTOPS

Oh jeez,, I like, totally didn't even realize how emotional things were, like oh gosh, Nemesis is crying, and like okay, maybe she was being kinda violent and I was glad people stopped her, but I didn't want her crying, that was like, a huge no no, a team leader never lets their team cry, duh. So when J goes from hugging with me to hugging S, I am just like, totally down to try and help cheer her up to ! I 'm not even listening to what they're saying to each other, I just like, swoop in and hug them both super tight, "Hey, hey, it's okay. We won, and we did awesome, and no one is hurt, and it's cool and great and cool and stuff." I squeeze the arm that's around Nemesis again, squishing the poor girl a little. She just looks so vulnerable when she's not like, beating things up super well.

"Like, we should go and celebrate or something, I dunno. We could order pizza for the base!" Thanks to Minami-sensei being uh, out of the way, I actually have tonight mostly free! I mean, I was just planning to do my Health homework, so....

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Potential: 1+1/5 | Conditions: -Angry, Guilty, Hopeless | Location: Leaving the scene of the drama

If it was just Idzuna who mocked my concern, maybe it wouldn't have stung so much.

But I didn't get an answer. I knew I wasn't going to. But no one even tried to answer it, really. When it was over, they all started... celebrating. Even though the one that did all this, who couldn't explain anything yet, was right there and unconscious. I felt a part of me want to reach out and...

Idzuna was right, this is why I can't trust myself. I just have to trust others, right?

Capfalcon posted:

So, I smile at Kamaitachi, saying, "You were really great before, keeping the flood from getting out of hand. And fighting those elementals with Red Witch, too!" I bite my lip as I look over him, looking for any sign of injury. He doesn't look hurt, but he is kind of demon-y. And he sounded agonized just a little while ago...

Between my head going all fuzzy just a few moments ago and normal fatigue from a fight, I'm starting to feel exhausted. But I still need to make sure that Kamaitachi and the rest of the team are ok, so I give him a hug and continue, "It sounded like she really got you good at the end. I'm sorry. We should have been watching each others backs better. But, are you ok? Anything I can do to help?"

Clearing Angry.

Then she touched me, and I hadn't even noticed it really. I could hear her words echo around as I was curling inside myself, and when she hugged me... She hugged the armor, really. And I felt like a ghost, a demon anyway underneath. But once I knew she was there, something changed. There was perhaps a twitch of... revulsion? It felt weird, like a part of me wanted to get away as much as possible from her, that part of myself that is my body and not, well, me. So I tried not to think about it. I tried to smile, but that was a mistake, because I felt my mouth break open into a wider and wider line, so I shook a bit under the armor.

I really hope she couldn't tell that.

"... N-no. I mean, you did..." I sound apologetic but I don't know what I'm apologizing for, but it does help a little. I know she cares, really, but I don't think she really understands. Idzuna reminds me of this, and I know that Mnemosyne can see him curling about in a trail within my cape, though she likely can't hear his taunting whispers through all this. I guess it was really my fault for thinking that I deserved the consideration. Everyone else but Nemesis seems to have been OK with it. No one else stood up for us, or questioned the actions of our leader. I suppose that's what it means to be on a team? My father expected that kind of obedience too from his lieutenants. And I suppose he had his reasons too.

"If anyone should hurt, it should be me, after all, I'm already a ghost," I say with a choked sort of humor, very quiet such that probably she could only hear, and I know instantly it was a poor attempt to sound like I was cheered up, but really.. The question remained, what was the point of all this? I felt bad not hugging her back, once i realized she was no longer hugging me, but... I don't really have a good excuse. I should be better about this. I should comfort others, instead of thinking so obsessively over what we should have done. Even when I have this person with me that could use some kind of real response from me, like a real human being. Instead I'm staring at Stardust Scout.

I open my mouth to say something, and I literally choke on the words. Demon got your tongue, kid~? Idzuna laughs, and I feel that might actually be the case. I feel a constriction as I try to do the words. Is he trying to save me from something? Because if that was the attempt, it doesn't save me from the embarrassment of very obviously approaching Stardust Scout, clearing my throat, and looking to say anything, but instead staring there. I swear I can almost fear sweat droplets appear on my helmet. I manage to just squeak out something choked through the constriction, and maybe she didn't even hear it.

"pleasethinkmoreofusnexttime"

I am so embarrassed that I feel the wind come about me in a lazy cyclone. I would like to think it wasn't intentional or conscious on my part, but I wanted the escape, and I blast off, with a rippling of my cape from the ground, turning away. "UM! I'LL FIND TAKANA!" I say suddenly very much desiring to be away, and somehow having the ability to speak again and basically disappearing within a panel later, flying low across the waters to find where Takana's boat overturned to recover him, but really I just wanted to get as far away from the others as I could, for just a bit.

Thank you. I would remind myself to say this. It is what they deserved.

10:13:58 PM TrickyDickNixon provoke Stardust
10:14:03 PM TrickyDickNixon !r 2d6-3
10:14:04 PM Krysmbot TrickyDickNixon, 7-3 = 4
10:14:08 PM TrickyDickNixon delightful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

"If anyone should hurt, it should be me, after all, I'm already a ghost," I say with a choked sort of humor, very quiet such that probably she could only hear, and I know instantly it was a poor attempt to sound like I was cheered up...

I let go of him and try to get a better look, but that stupid helmet is does't make it easy. But, I... don't think I helped. Not really, anyway. Way to go, Linda. Scared off one teammate and drove another off so he'd rather be with Tanaka. This just isn't my day.

Still, I stare after Kamaitachi, trying to figure out what I should say as I keep chewing on my lip. While I'm thinking about what I might have done wrong, he pulls away, mumbling something to Stardust before loudly declaring that he's going to go help Tanaka.

[17:50] <Capfalcon> Pierce the helmet
[17:50] <Capfalcon> !r 2d6
[17:50] <Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 7 = 7

So, Kamaitachi, what do you want me to do?

In the meantime, Jumping Scout, Stardust, and Nemesis are in a partly involuntary group hug, so that just leaves me and Red Witch standing around by ourselves. I join him, saying, "...So, that could have gone worse. We didn't wreck the place, for starters. But really. A megaphone. For Tanaka. What could we have possibly done to you to deserve that?" I say the last with a grin, making it clear that I'm just teasing. Honestly, at this point, I just want to talk to one of my teammates without scaring them or making them run away.

• Locked thread