Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Freak:+2/Danger:-1(-2)/Savior:0/Superior:+2/Mundane:0 (+1)
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry |Location: Spark Industries | Believe in the you that believes in yourself

Getterman waves at Stardust "You did an amazing job...I never got your name, but mine is Getterman" he smiles and turns, hovering over to Nemesis before dropping off his hoverboard and starts walking beside her, walking along side her, his hands in his chest pocket as he walks "You did really well today" he says to her "The important part is that you tried today as hard as you could, whether or not bad stuff happened isn't as important as that you tried...that's why you have team mates - to look after you when stuff gets over your head" he says walking with her "They will be there when you really need" he smiles and offers his hand "I don't think we really got to introduce each other, I am Getterman, if you need to talk I am more than willing to listen" a gentle, albeit really dumb smile is placed upon his face.

Meanwhile Getternyan grows read, its eyes swirling a bit as a door in its chest opens up and a small getternyan opens up and plays a trumpet before it lowers its tail to the ground. Another door on its back opens up and down slides a bunch of getternyans dressed as doctors, carrying first aid supplies, like bandages, antiseptics and other common first aid supplies out to Stardust and the group that needs it. "Nyaaaan!" it cries out happily.

quote:

Megucabagels Rolling comfort
Megucabagels .roll 2d6+1
Platonibot Megucabagels: 10 (2d6+1=6, 3)
Clearing the condition, Guilty
Nemesis you can choose to mark potential; clear a condition or shift labels if you open up to me

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane +2
Potential:4/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Afraid, Insecure | Location: In Front of My Hero

S-Sir Justice is right here in front of me....he remembers me....and he's holding out his hand as an equal! All of my emotions from the previous fight come to a head as I burst into tears, taking Sir Justice's hand. "Th-Thank you, sir! I won't let you down!"

This...makes it all worth it.

I regard the ray gun in my other hand. It did come in handy, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I took it to enhance my own abilities..Wait, what about Sandy? I need to make sure she's okay! I look around, but she's already gotten away....Oh...

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: 1 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Outside the Danger Zone

".. Thanks. For a Getterman Cosplayer, you did great out there. ... Better than I did, anyway... But still the fact alone that you're not yelling at me over it means a lot to me as is..."

Clearing Angry.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Freak: -1 | Danger: -2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +3
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Rescue Mission Go

"Yeah." I struggled to not cry out as the mix of antiseptics all over my wounds and intense hugging hit me. I adored both the cat robot and Mosy for their affections and help, but it honestly hurt. "You don't have to stay if you don't want to. You should take care of Red Witch - I'm sure he understands you didn't mean to hurt him..." I wanted to comfort her more, but I needed to keep a strong face for actually engaging with the public, as a leader should. It definitely felt weird, having all these higher ranked hero's eyes on me, as I walked towards where the cameras were, still torn and tattered, but doing my best to keep a strong face, and running a hand along my torn dress, healing its fabric with my natural magic, so that I wasn't on national television with half of my outfit burnt away.

(KittyPhone) theoretical stardust scout talking to the cameras via superior
(KittyPhone) !r 2d6+1
(Krysmbot) KittyPhone, 10+1 = 11

Approaching cameras is easy for me, because it's just another part of being a hero - people want to know what happened, and it's up to us to fill them in. Some people like to use it as a time to showboat, but I don't need that, and I don't think my team does either - but I'm also not going to sugar coat it and make it out to be less than it was, "Ahem." I clear my throat, to get the attention of the crowd, as I move up to speak to them, "To start off, hello everyone - I'm sure you know who I am, but for those of you who don't, I'm Stardust Scout, the leader of the Kan'on Six. Today my team was requested to provide clean up duties for the Central City Crusaders, a team of B-Rank heroes. As a D-Rank team, this was nothing out of the ordinary for us - cleanup and civilian protection are important jobs. However, when we arrived, the situation was not what we were told it would be - there were signs of battle, but no signs of hero or villain. We knew then that this was going to be a serious assignment."

I motion around myself, to the chaos, the destroyed rocks, trees, the bit of now hardening lava formed from fresh stone, "With communications jammed for an unknown radius around us, we made the decision to save the C3. We knew from the start that a single Green level threat would be potentially threatening to us - being equivalent to a B-Rank in many aspects - but we also knew that if we did not move quickly, injured heroes could be turned into something far... far more tragic. The villains Hipshot, Damocles, and Dirty Harry had taken control of the security systems of nearby buildings, and began their attack, attempting to separate the team and pick us off individually. Through teamwork, the timely assistance of Getterman himself, and trust in one another, we bested these foes with little to no injury to most of us, and saved all three heroes."

I sighed softly as I continued on, however, "But that was not the end of this day. The villains were not only working together, but were working with someone - a human weapon with the ability to absorb power from other people. This being, calling itself 'Omega', attempted to kill our team, utilizing power on par with what my un-professional examinations would constitute a purple level threat. As a team we stood and fought, due to Omega declaring intent to take one of our team members. We are heroes, and even when a threat is serious, we protect them - like we did today, and will do every day, if we need to. The arrival of the League's forces caused our extended battle to end, as he fled, but know this - Omega might claim to be something big, something important - but he's just another villain that we'll fight against. It doesn't matter what rank we are, or how big of a threat it is - if something is threatening the innocent, then we'll stand up.

I convince the viewing audience to see my team as Saviors
• statement will bring you an opportunity from a viewer
• you don’t anger or upset anyone important or powerful with your statement

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The Kan'non Six - Issue #6
(Last issue before end of chapter / volume)

The team splits in two - Nemesis and Red Witch exiting onto their own pages, and the rest of you sticking around to enjoy the horde of heroes and media and rescue service workers milling about amidst the rubble. (Everyone: What impacts you the most about your situation?)

Jumping Flash - He poses for you - oh my god he just did his signature pose for you - and then salutes. "I know you won't!" It may be cheesy, but it probably still feels good to hear. It looks like one of the reporters got a picture of it too! Sir Justice departs to help investigate the scene, leaving you alone to speak to the cameras, talk to your teammates, head back to the base, or... hey, wait a minute. Isn't that girl in the crowd of reporters one of that Shinji kid's girlfriends? What's she doing here? What do you do?

Mnemosyne - Lunar Knight seems to have noticed you staring at him - he manages to pull his attention away from Stardust Scout for half a second to walk over to talk to you. "Hey there buddy!" His thumbs up gesture is clearly incredibly practiced, but the effect is diminished when he beams at you, seemingly have forgotten he's wearing a mask that covers his face. "Thanks for helping Stardust out - I know I can entrust her safety with you and your friends, your bond of friendship gives all of you great strength!" It's impossible to tell if he's a giant doofus, impossibly dense, or just putting on an act - it's kinda actually making you uneasy. How do you respond to him? (If it's not telling him that he's also trustworthy and awesome, take a condition). What do you do next?

Getterman - It's impossible to deny that you participated in the battle, especially after Stardust Scout's stirring speech. A few heroes are openly shamed, and approach you to apologize - another asks you for your autograph, insisting she's loved your show since she was a kid - describe these interactions. It looks as if you're finally getting the recognition you deserve! Still, it's undeniable that these other heroes helped you out... have you thought about approaching one of them and asking to join permanently? Or maybe you'd rather talk to the media? What do you do?

Stardust - You definitely get a few fleeting impressions about Omega as he flees. It's obvious that he'll never shift from his primary objective - integrating the powers of the other DEUS creations, including Nemesis. It's literally his purpose, what he was built and designed to do. And to that end, that's why his power absorption is extremely difficult to counteract or negate - it's designed into his every cell. The best you're able to come up with is that, just maybe, he can't absorb powers that he doesn't realize he's being effected by? Hard to use that, but Omega's not an easy opponent.

Still, as you finish your speech, you're probably mental miles from your Omega concerns - stuff like the jubilant press in front of you with their followup questions (what two do you hear, and you respond?), two teammates wandering off, your own exhaustion, the other responsibilities you have today, having to report to the league... there's just so much. It's undeniable you've done astoundingly well today, and one hero (who?) mentions as much to you. Still, what do you do next?

----------------------

Elsewhere, Red Witch and Nemesis both flee the scene, wrapped up in their own inner conflicts - one flying, the other merely walking, both are alone with their thoughts and the midday sun. It's probably strange how peaceful and sunny most of the Zone looks right now, especially after what you've both been through. (Both of you: describe something you saw on the way back to base that made you think, and how it's relevant to your current emotional turmoil.)

Red Witch - As you fly away from the fight, full of energy and power and yet still unable to stop the Mists from peeling memories off your mind like they didn't matter, it's fortunate that you managed to grab a few of them back. Of course, you managed to grab a few others too - lingering bits of Omega's power that stick with you in a profoundly mentally unpleasant way. Glimpses of yourself being vivisected, experimented upon, injected with ominous concentrations of mysterious energies and serums, even of magical infusions... and then you jerk back to your own body, now a bit wiser about Omega but sadder for the experience. (Mark Hopeless). What do you do next?

Nemesis - Ouch, that was overall a pretty humbling experience. Smacked around by Damocles and forced to flee from Omega... you probably felt a lot more invincible earlier today than you do now. Are you thinking of ways to make up for that and how to avoid a repeat performance, or mostly just feeling sorry for yourself? As you make it back to the base, you receive the following text message. What do you make of it? What do you do next?

txt from an unregistered number posted:

Are you alright? Did he come after you? What can you tell me about him? I need to know!

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Freak:+2/Danger:-1(-2)/Savior:0/Superior:+2/Mundane:0 (+1)
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry |Location: Spark Industries | Believe in the you that believes in yourself

He signs the autographs and thanks them for being understanding, bowing as he walks backwards. Outside of heroing, and doing some poses for the fans he wasn't really a big showboat so instead he slips off to go find Stardust Scout. Meanwhile Getternyan makes a cat sound and after applying the first aid and bandages brings back the barrage of Getternyans and opens its chest, revealing all sorts of candy. It offers some to all of the group, except Getterman as he walks up. He pats Getternyan on the head, who purrs for a second and decides since he did let the cat get an autograph that he may have a piece of candy. Getterman grabs a sucker and sticks it in his mouth after unwrapping and smiles "You all did great today, I wish I was more on my A-Game, its just a bit hard getting used to a brand new world where people are very very different." He says and rubs the back of his head "Well anyways your group seems like an interesting set of people; so I was curious if you all wouldn't mind a sixth into your little group" he says, only knowing of the five that he saw today. He takes out a phone and after messing with it for a few seconds he writes down the number and gives it to Stardust. "Thanks for the save, I wasn't sure if I was gonna make it in there alone" he says "I really do appreciate all of what you five did" Out of nowhere Getternyan's head opens up and a large Slingshot pops out and beans Getterman in the back of his head, sending him reeling face first into the ground below.

He stands up and yells at Getternyan "GETTERNYAN! I WAS JUST THANKING THEM FOR THEIR SUPPORT! I wasn't trying to usurp your crush on Stardust Scout! I mean really! You don't need to be jealously guarding everything, I am not your ally! Next time you do that I am turning you into bucket of bolts - maybe I'll even turn you into a dog!" Getternyan hisses at Getterman with frightened eyes and runs off, to hide back at the toy shop.

quote:

Spoopybagels Rolling comfort/support.
Spoopybagels .roll 2d6+1
Platonibot Spoopybagels: 5 (2d6+1=2, 2)
Spoopybagels Welp

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 23, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Outside the Danger Zone

I suppose I should have expected this. But I didn't. Being this powerful? It's... intoxicating. I legitimately thought that DEUS made a huge error, giving me all this power, this invincibility...

But in the end, of COURSE they would know how to counter it. Just how did I not see this coming a mile away? ... Ugh, it does not matter. It just needs I need to reply on my wits a lot more than my brute force in the future.

However, my train of thought gets interrupted by a very unexpected message. This... I can't say for certain who this is, but I have a very, very good hunch...

Reply posted:

I'm alright, yes. And no, just happened to be there. Be careful, he has power copying and really wants to get his hands on the other three. It's not safe to go solo!!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Freak +2, Danger +1, Savior +0, Superior 0, Mundane +0
Potential 0/5 | Burn: 3 | Conditions: Hopeless

I shake my head, trying to get those memories of what happened to Omega out of my head. They won't go though. I guess those memories are going to stay. I nearly fly into a billboard for a movie. "Forgotten," it's called and from what I've heard it's about someone with amnesia trying to deal with it. I don't have that full problem, but I'm trying to figure out how to deal with my own loss of memories I suppose. I don't know if I can tell Twilight Sorceress what happened. I feel very dumb - trying to control something that turned out to be a powerful force and losing so badly. I read the note she wanted Nemesis to give me:

quote:

"Nemesis could use your help - make sure to be nice to her. I baked your favorite cookie for later today, you're still stopping by right?"

At least I remember about our meeting. I look out to where I remember Twilight Sorceress lives. It's an old ramshackle mansion, constantly covered in shadows. I don't know why she stays here. I'm...not sure if I knew before the Mists took them away. I knock on the door, and when she answers I say "Hi." I try to study her expression, see if there's something I can remember or find out.

[02:32] <Heliotrope> Pierce Twilight Sorceress's Mask
[02:32] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6
[02:32] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 7 = 7

How could I get influence over Twilight Sorceress?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane +2
Potential:4/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Afraid, Insecure | Location: Aw Jeez, Not This Again

Aw jeez, not this again.

"HEY! You go get outta here! I haven't even seen your boyfriend since I saved him, okay?!"

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: The Press Demands Blood

As I finish my speech, the reporters go crazy, shoving their microphones towards me, practically trampling each other for a scoop from the leader of a victorious team - something to make their careers, I knew. So maybe I was a little bit picky with who I pointed to, as I pointed to a younger looking lady from what seemed to be the Twenty-Three-Gazette, a local paper that only covered the issues within our great Zone, instead of one of these overly... everywhere reporters who just will report on anything that might sell a paper. I was sure she'd ask something interesting - and I also wanted to help out the local papers by giving them this boost of attention.

Gazette posted:

"Would you say your injuries and that of the other heroes here were caused by the League's carelessness in assessing this threat?"

That was... not what I was expecting - and it makes me oh so aware of my burns and cuts and everything again. I can't help but feel a bit shocked that someone would just brazenly question the League though - "I would say my injuries were caused by a group of villains, lead by a maniac capable of doing far worse than you see here. The League has never claimed to be omniscient, and we do have to remember that it has to handle hundreds of crimes per hour - in fact, as I speak to you right now, it is statistically likely that seven other incidents that require the intervention of heroes are ongoing. What's important is that without the League, many of these would go unnoticed."

Then there's another question, and he's shouting loud enough that I can't really ignore it.

LOUD GUY posted:

"How old are you even?! Why is a kid out fighting something that can destroy cities apparently!?! What is the League thinking!?"

Oh, gosh, the age thing - the age thing always came up, either because of my magical outfit, or because of people moralizing about the dangers, or just for a million other reasons, I was super used to it though, - "I am old enough to have passed the League's examinations, that put me into the top 10% of humanity in terms of personal power. I am old enough that I realize I can make a difference by going out here, and doing whatever I can. I'd be a hero, with or without the League - the League just provides guidance, support, and the ability for me to do what I'd already be doing, in a safer way."

I don't stick around for more questions as I move off to the side, allowing the more senior heroes to field questions about the matters if they wanted to. I wasn't exactly in this for answering reporter's questions, even if I didn't mind it - especially when they just wanted to question me on my aptitude. I must have been thinking too hard on it, because the next thing I know, I'm face first in a bunch of straw.... and as I open my eyes, I notice the straw is connected to a broom - a broom that is floating, with Witch Hero Morganna and her apprentice Little Witch Hero Lilith riding on it. Lilith is giggling, but Morganna just smiles at me, and starts telling me all about how I did a good job, and how she's proud to see another user of white magic moving the world, and making waves.

We made some uhm, small talk, though I mostly just gushed at her about how she was one of my inspirations. I even get a glance at her sacred grimoire on her waist, before she left me with some cryptic sentence on 'bringing back balance'. I'm not sure what she's talking about exactly, but oh my gosh, she was so interesting.

18:25 KittyEmpress stardust pierce witch heroes
18:25 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+3
18:25 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 7+3 = 10
• what do you want me to do?
• what do you intend to do?
• how could I gain Influence over you?

After all of today though, what I wanted most was a bath. A nice, long soak in a giant bath would be like, exactly what my body needed, with how achey it was - especially one of this medicinal hotsprings that are all the rage for healing.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Freak +2 | Danger +1 | Savior +1 | Superior -1 | Mundane 0
Potential: 0/5 | DOOM! 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Ruins

I watch Stardust handle everything with aplomb, and then realize that the knight person is watching her too. When he approaches me, I'm still on edge, but despite all my examination of him, I don't really think he's a threat. Or, at least, I don't think he's anything other than what he is. A well meaning, decently talented dork. Just because I'M always trying to seem like something I'm not, doesn't mean that everyone is like that, right? And... if he's Stardust's friend, we'll probably be seeing more of him. So, I say, "I wasn't here for it, but from the way Stardust was smiling at you earlier, you helped out a lot too. So, good job." I give him a tired smile and add, "If you're ever in the neighborhood, why don't you come by my tower? I'll make tea, and we can talk some more."

There. A nice invitation, and it might be a nice distraction later. ...And if he's up to no good, hanging out with him more would give me the chance I need to find out what he's doing.

-------------------------------------

After it's clear that no one is expecting me to talk to the cameras or the heroes, I fly off towards my tower. On the way back, I pick up some chalk and consider getting a few new tubes of paint, but I shake my head. I'm going to be busy for a while, from the looks of it. Once I'm back in the air, I send a message to Nemesis on the communicator.

Nemesis posted:

Hey, hope you're feeling ok. Know that was pretty rough for everyone, especially you.
But, when you're feeling up to it, I'd really like you to stop by my tower.
I can find out more about DEUS, but I need your help.
But, it's not going anywhere, so don't rush.

Once I arrive at the tower, I stare up at it. It's never looked so imposing before. I sigh and enter, the door closing with the usual loud thump behind me. Dropping the chalk next to the basement door, I walk upstairs and find a sandwich and the sketch of the symbol Red Witch showed me in the library. I smile a little and yell, "Thanks, Rock." Then, I get to researching how to restore someone's memories.

After a few hours, as my eyes get unfocused from reading so long, I stick a bookmark in the tome and walk downstairs. Grabbing the drawing from the dinner tray and the chalk from in front of the door, I go down into the basement, and start adding the symbol to the ritual circle. An hour later, when my hand begins to cramp from the intricate symbols, I go upstairs and return to reading in the library. And so on, and so forth, until I fall asleep in the chair in the library early the next morning.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The Kan'non Six - Issue #6

Nemesis - "Understood" the mysterious number texts back almost immediately. Who do you think it is, and do you text them anything else as you walk back towards the base?

Jumping Flash - Shinji's girlfriend scurries off after you call out to her, but only after giving you a truly evil smile. What do you make of that?

Mnemosyne - "You're welcome," Rock replies. He looks at you sadly, and shuffles off, back to wherever he hangs out when you're not around.

Getterman - The Getternyan continues to harass you on the way home, seemingly full of energy after such a busy day (and the prospect of being on a team with so many cute girls~). What modification are you planning on making to it when you get back to your shop?

Red Witch - Twilight Sorceress lets you in immediately, of course, smiling and looking relieved to see you. How does your meeting with her go otherwise, and how long does it take her to figure out something's gone wrong with you? Once she has, it's obvious to you what she most wants from you: to remember her fully again, to somehow get your memories back - or to keep training with her despite this setback.

Stardust Scout - While you were busy with the reporters, most of your team - and that mysterious Moonlight Warrior - seems to have abandoned you here, though he at least left a bouquet of roses and some chocolates at your feet somehow. As for the Witchy Heroes you're conversing with, you're actually sure of a couple things about them throughout your conversation. Lilith definitely is hoping you want to hang out with her, she seems to like you (platonicly, probably). Morgana, meanwhile, definitely wants you to agree to train with her, it's obvious she thinks she'd be a good mentor for you. She's obviously interested in seeing if you manage to surpass Lilith - you get the feeling she'll take you more seriously if you do.

-----------------------------

EVERYONE: At the end of every session, choose one:
- Grow closer to the team. Explain who made you feel welcome; give Influence to that character and clear a condition or mark potential.
- Grow into your own image of yourself. Explain how you see yourself and why; shift one label up and another down.
- Grow away from the team. Explain how you feel detached. Take Influence over you away from another character.

Feel free to remove conditions you met the qualifications for getting rid of. Anyone that rolls at the start of volumes (Stardust I think) should do so. Mnemosyne gains 1 point of Doom for not making progress vs her Doom in the last volume.

-----------------------------

The Kan'non Six - Issue #7
(New Chapter / Volume / Issue!)
(There's fan-art at the beginning of all the characters dressed up for Halloween - Stardust's a Princess, Red Witch is a Pirate, Nemesis as Jason Voorhes, Mnemosyne as a ghost, Jumping Flash as a Cowboy, and Getterman's dressed like Getterman. Lunar Knight's at the edge of the picture trying to lean into it, Takana's chaperoning everyone but too busy texting on his phone to pay attention, Zabu-San's riding around in Stardust's candy basket, and Twilight Sorceress is handing out candy on the porch of her rickety old mansion. Barely visible in one of the sewer drains are Omega's eyes...)

New Rankings
Stardust Scout, D Rank 4 (Morgana got bumped up to Rank 2, just above Amazing Amazon)
Red Witch, D Rank 6
Mnemosyne, D Rank 8
Nemesis, D Rank 9
Jumping Flash, D Rank 11 (Ohhhh, so close to the top 10!)
Getterman, D Rank 98 (At least you beat Lil Bub?)

The Kanzeon Shrine
Current Tags: +Accessible, +Serene, -Secure, -Small

It's a sunny morning at the beginning of our next issue, a pleasant breeze and sporadic clouds adding decoration and atmosphere to the bustling Zone. It's only been a few days since the Kan'non Six successfully confronted those three powerful villains, and then topped themselves by engaging Omega to a standstill until other League Heroes arrived - but the League's certainly been busy in that time! Teams have been searching for some sign of Omega, and they were certain to have Takana interview each of you to get your recollections on the battle against him. They've recognized your achievements too - not only have all of your rankings been increased - or in Getterman's case, admitted to the League and immediately added to the team's roster - but they've offered to upgrade your base as well. (Vote on one of the following upgrades for the base: Renovations [removes -Small], +Pool, Security System [Removes -Secure])

As for all of you... there's actually no crisis right now. No alarms to start the day, no shouting Takana, nothing but a peaceful city and a pleasant day and a combination of human and heroic responsibilities. Oh, and waffles - ever since your team did super well the other day, your teams' live-in League-Staffer has been walking with a new spring in his step, practically (and at least twice literally) breaking into song whenever he speaks about all of you, and one manifestion of that new cheerfulness is him making fancy (in his mind) breakfasts for all of you every morning. They're not mandatory, but they are delicious!

Everyone: What have you been up to over the last couple days?

Nemesis - You've had more than enough to calm down at this point - there's no way you're still scared of Omega, right? How have you managed to heighten your abilities in the past couple days, by yourself or with someone else's help? It's probably evident your team actually cares for you, given that they fought like hell to keep you safe - have you said anything to them about that? What are you doing right now? What do you want to do today?

Jumping Flash - It's... it's crazy, right? Even you'll agree your powers aren't that great, but you fought a demon-dude and made him look like an idiot, your idol acknowledged you, and you're so close to the top ten you can probably taste it. People are sending you fan letters, and there's at least one fanclub dedicated to you now. What part of the last couple days has been craziest for you? Oh yeah, the League seems to have assumed the Ray Gun you were using is a standard part of your equipment, so they sent you two spares just in case you need them as thanks, so there's that. (PERMANENTLY gain the ability Flash Blasters, congrats~) What are you doing right now? What do you want to do today?

Mnemosyne - The complicated diagram in the basement of your tower is long complete, your research having stalled out yesterday night until the spell is cast and you have more information to work with. All that was left was the right timing, and that seems to be today - provided Nemesis agrees. Do you have a plan for getting her to agree, or are you just going to ask honestly? Have you spoken to Red Witch recently, to see how he's handling what happened the other day? What are you doing right now? What do you want to do today?

Getterman - Wow, the NERVE of the League. Even after your heroism and how you did during the trials, they still gave you such a low rank?! It's like they have no respect for your genius at all, but it can't be that. What'd you think of their base during your tryout examination? Are you at least pleased with being reunited with the heroes you fought Omega with? What about their base is strangest to you, and what has taken the most getting used to? What are you doing right now?

Stardust - How've you been handling all of this? An affectionate stalker, a Satan on the lose with his eyes on one of your teammates, responsibilities at home and with the league and at school... speaking of, what Festival are you supposed to attend today as part of your duties at school? How ready are you for it? Why won't Zabu-San quit harassing you today? What are you doing right now? What do you want to do today?

Red Witch - Now that you're a higher rank, it seems the A-Ranked Hero The Great Wizard is quite a bit more interested in you - he's constantly blowing up you League communicator with messages about magic and his past victories, though many of them are hard to understand since he typos a lot. What happened the other day when he tricked you into hanging out with him? What steps have you started to take towards getting your memories back from those Mists Mnemosyne controls? What are you doing right now? What do you want to do today?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Oct 23, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Freak:+2/Danger:0/Savior:-1/Superior:+2/Mundane:0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry |Location: Spark Industries | The Lowest Rank and the Laziest, what could possibly go right?

ISSUE 6 - End
The wind blows in his window as Getterman flies home, a smile on his face as he rides with Getternyan home towards the toy shop he runs. Even the arguments with Getternyan about his desire to stay around the cute girls doesn't damper his spirits - he did it, he was a hero again. It felt amaizng to be back. He finds himself soon enough back at the base where Getternyan and him land inside and getternyan lays in the hanger, putting on his mini tv and scratching its sides as it's wind up key slows down to near a halt to conserve its energy. Getterman changes into his work coveralls and cleans up getternyan and feeds it the getternyan fish as a treat.

As a special treat he reads to Getternyan a letter from Pink; who apparently recently moved into a new world herself, traveling into a new rift that sent her to a world where no one knew of Getterman. She has a group now including her best friend there named Aurora Angel whom she really wishes to introduce her to him. Getternyan falls asleep as he reads and Getterman smiles heads to his drafting board and thinks for a bit. As he pondered he scratched his back with his over sized wrench when he has an idea. Quickly he takes a new piece of paper out and a pencil and starts sketching. A Wrench sword? He already looked like a mechanic, it made sense! Why didn't he think about it before. He immediately starts drawing it up on his he could make it more effective than just a clobbering weapon.

A few hours goes by and he soon has the Getterwrench as he calls it set up. It was a large wrench with a detachable wrench head that was attached to a heavy duty chain. The bottom of the wrench was insulated with triple layers of rubber to insulate his hands. Inside of the wrench were a couple of mechanisms, including an electro-shock and a heating mechanism, plus it works like a regular wrench as well. He also starts thinking. He really misses Getternyan Tank; a bigger version of getternyan designed with a huge cannon in its chest. He thinks and he starts drawing. He might be able to modify getternyan to have the giant tank cannon that can pop out of its chest. However he probably needs to get that modification aproved.

ISSUE 7
He awakens early that morning yawning loudly as he stretches. It was time to get ready for breakfast and he picks up the mail that was waiting for him. He throws the letters on his table and makes himselfsome coffee and toast. He eats his butter covered toast and starts to read his letter that came in - a missive from the League. He quickly tears it open and reads the first line. He was excepted! Alright! He was probably an S-Rank considering how awsome he was. And he was ranked 98 out of 99 in the D ranks. Well darn. At least he was a hero again. He sighs and thinks. "At least...this means I can be lazy" he says as he nods his head and sips his coffee. A hero he could be happy with, after all bad guys don't need to be destroyed. He feels most of them could be turned heroes if they were treated. The last few days he had been busy getting his shop working again and digging into the big bad

Following his coffee he grabs his backpack and gets on his bicycle and rides to the base of team Kan'on. And why is it at a Temple? They weren't a group of divine heroes. Sure they used arcana magic but not really Divine as far as he knew. They weren't the Kami no kamen kiken force from his world that battled demons and youkai in a far eastern land. He sighs and walks up, locking his back in front of the temple, a dufflebag over his shoulder. He looked like a normal teenager, with the same dumb smile. Soon Ken knocked on the door of the temple.

Rauri posted:

Grow into your own image of yourself. Explain how you see yourself and why; shift one label up and another down. Danger Moved up to 0, Savior moved to -1

Getterman Votes for Pool

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +3 | Superior +1 | Mundane +1
Potential:4/5 | Conditions: | Location:

This Shinji stuff is just too much of a headache...

Issue 7

WE NEED SPACE

Jackie's growing into herself. After the utter despair she felt during the Omega fight, the validation from her peers, idols, and fans has made her feel more like a hero. +Superior -Mundane

Lemme tell ya, the last couple of days have been unbelievable! That handshake from Sir Justice changed my life! I'm almost in the top ten, I'm getting popular, it's really put a spring in my step! I've been spending the last couple days at the League range, getting a handle for my ray guns, because apparently this is a thing I do now! Not complaining!

But today, I'm doing something special. This advance has only reminded me more that I need to remember where I came from. So I'm going home.

Today, I'm not Jumping Flash. I'm Jackie James. And I've made my way to Zone Ten for the first time in what feels like forever. As I walk through my old stomping grounds, I can't help but remember my days as an independent hero and a carefree fangirl. I haven't actually recorded a new episode of the Flashcast in about six months. My newfound popularity would be a good excuse to start up again.

I eventually find myself outside of a certain fashion boutique. Marvel Fashion. Without one of the people working inside, I wouldn't be where I am today. So I owe them a visit.

"Yoo hooooo~!" I shout as I pop into the shop. "Where my Kyu Kyu at?"

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 24, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Base

The mysterious caller? Banshee. It has to be. Who else would know about the fight right away, and be worried about me? I... I just wish she actually showed herself.

I've taken this week to train really hard. I need to be stronger and faster still. Clearly, my current level isn't good enough yet. Not enough to beat Omega.

I've also apologized to the team for my failure... but they're all so understanding. It's... it's actually gotten me to tears. Tears of joy. I finally feel welcome...

But I do need to meet up with Nemo. She said she had something that could help. With renewed confidence, I take off to her tower.

Nemesis votes for Security.

Also grows closer to Getterman. His words really helped Sandy out!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: Niijuban High Festival Set Up

I can't help but be a bit flattered about both of the Witch Heroes and their opinions of me. It felt good to be appreciated - though I know Zabu-san would not accept the idea of me having another mentor, after all, he's supposed to be my guardian mentor animal spirit familiar thing. But I still thank Morgana as she makes it clear that she'd be interested in doing so - and make sure Lilith doesn't think she's being replaced or anything! They're both super cool, even though I can tell Lilith values her position as Morgana's protege more heavily than she probably should. I mean yeah, having one of the top A-Rank heroes as a mentor is great and all, but gosh, she was bragging about how great the training is.

I was so tired and injured that, honestly, I almost missed the flowers and chocolates that were somehow left at my feet, without me even noticing. The only reason I didn't is that I kicked the box of chocolates, which was huge, like one of those party sized boxes or something, and it made me nearly trip on my face. It seemed a little bit over the top, really - and I knew it had to be my knight who saved me from Harry's knife, no one else would leave me such! So I happily gathered it all up in my arms, taking a deep sniff of the flowers, before starting to sneeze gently. "Chu. Chu. Chu." That was one thing even the galactic magic didn't save me from - allergies. But the flowers were still cute, so I'd keep them, and maybe press them so they wouldn't bother my allergies.

I'm about to turn to address my team and lead us home when... well, I realize literally all of them had already left. I guess none of them really wanted the spotlight, which is great! I mean, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be heroes who are acknowledged, but being willing to give up a chance of fame? That's super cool and great, and I'm super proud of my team for being in the League for more than just petty reasons! Even if it does make the way home a little boring - I figure I'll go back to the base for now, and see about getting Zabu-san to heal some of my more obvious wounds, before going home.

On the way home, my mind just drifts to the day's events - us being ambushed, my and Red Witch's teamwork as we just completely dominated Dirty Harry's magics together, the reveal of Satan, how he wanted Nemesis, and we all worked together and saved her from him... I was so happy with the day, even if it was scary and painful. Especially with how well me and Ash worked together! And with how a dashing knight revealed themselves to me, to save my life when I would have gotten hurt!

------------

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: Niijuban High Festival Set Up

The past few days have been pretty great - besides getting an increase in rank (though smaller than anyone else on the team's increase I think...), Lilith actually called me when the ranks were going out to confirm it ahead of time - apparently Morgana found out through her sources, so Lilith was like 'I'm gonna tell her before the official announcement!'. I mean, she also called to tell me she got moved up to rank 2, and that I was in her old rank, but it was still super cool! It was the first time another hero that wasn't on my team called me to talk about anything, and it made me feel really cool and awesome. Unfortunately, it also happened when I was with family at the mall, so that was a little awkward, I mean, it's so hard to keep secret identities these days! Especially once she started talking about how the League was going to upgrade the temple for us, as a reward for job well done - I definitely wanted to make it a little larger, since a few members of the team lived there full time!

The days have been pretty good though - Zabu-san got most of the bad injuries to, you know, go away, even though they still hurt. So when I went home that night, my mom didn't have a heart attack or anything, which was probably for the best because I'm so busy lately. It's almost time for the Hanami festival, and Niijuban High has the biggest and best collection of Sakura trees in the Zone - most of which have been there for hundreds of years. So the school puts on a huge festival whenever it's time for the blossoms to... well, blossom! Which as student council president, I need to preside over the planning of... which means spending a lot of time approving various stalls, or allotting funds to certain clubs wanting to do things... it's a lot of work, and even harder than being a hero, really!

Still, at night I've been joining patrols solo, to try and keep an eye out for this Omega - after all, I need to stop him, so he doesn't hurt my team. And if I can find him, I can at least engage him, and get the rest of the league to actually stop him - apparently there's been some talk on how to defeat him without him somehow draining everyone's powers and becoming too strong. But I'm not really cleared to know how, sadly, due to being D-Rank. Zabu-san's been making me take him out on patrol now though - he's very insistent that he needs to be more hands on with his training, and has been pretty aggressive with the fact that I should have been able to beat this Satan, and that he was embarrassed by how beat up I was.

Today he woke me up by climbing on my face while I was asleep, and blocking my nose and mouth. He thinks I need to start training, and that Koneko should take a break for today... but I can't take a break today, because we're finally starting to do the set up for the festival, which starts tomorrow. Which means today isn't a day for Stardust Scout. Today is a day for Koneko, the journalistic school president, with her charm and cheerfulness and willingness to help get everything set up and ready to go. I was really, really hoping this week kept being so calm and uneventful, because I needed to be here at like, 7am as it was, I couldn't just run off... well, I could, but I'd feel really bad for not being around to help out.

Voting for Renovations for reasons stated above.

Growing closer to Red Witch, marking potential.

12:44 KittyEmpress noooooooooooooooooo
12:44 KittyEmpress i lost my roll from yesterday D:
12:45 KittyEmpress it was a 10 yeah
12:45 Yamifenrir what roll, kitty?
12:45 KittyEmpress my obligation roll
12:45 Yamifenrir eh
12:45 Yamifenrir I am A WITNESS
12:45 Yamifenrir I can confirm it was a 10
12:45 Yamifenrir ... but I won't, because I hate Stardusts luck

Stardust continues to be the greatest at obligations.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Freak +2 | Danger +1 | Savior +1 | Superior -1 | Mundane 0
Potential: 1/5 | DOOM! 4/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Tower

I stare out the window, trying to will myself to paint. I'm skipping a painting meetup in the park, and Jenny texted me to see if I was ok. I said that something came up, and I'd make it next time. To be fair, it was true. This ritual won't complete itself.

Another glance at my communicator doesn't help my focus. I've sent some updates to Red Witch, but they're mostly letting him know that I'm still working on it. I asked once how he was doing, but I didn't want to pry too much. And I haven't asked to hang out or anything, because... well... I have a lot of work to do. I can't goof off until I fix everything.

But, the main reason I can't focus is that I'm just waiting for Nemesis to arrive today. I already decided that I told Nemesis enough for her to have a good idea about what's going on, so while I might keep things vague for my own benefit, I'm not going to try and trick her.

So, here I am, staring at a half finished painting, pretending I'm making progress. Nothing left to do but wait for Nemesis to arrive so I finish this ritual so I can plan the next ritual for Red Witch.

But, part of me wishes I was in the park right now, painting and laughing with Jenny.

Giving influence to Nemesis, as Mnemosyne is currently obsessing over getting her help for the ritual.

Voting Security system,

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Freak +2, Danger +1, Savior +0, Superior 0, Mundane +0
Potential 0+2/5 | Burn: 0 | Conditions: Hopeless

Got closer to Stardust, she take Influence over me and I mark potential. Since she already has Influence, she automatically shifts my labels

Voting for a pool

I guess I should have realized that Twilight Sorceress would have figured out something was wrong. She...actually figured it out really fast. Mostly because I couldn't remember what we did last week. Of course I still want to train with her. I mean, even if I didn't the alternative would be The Great Wizard. I accidentally agreed to get together with him, and all he did was talk about how he would have handled the situation and how even though we defeated most of the villains we still let Omega escape. I couldn't even get a word in, and I didnt' learn anything useful.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for Twilight Sorceress to contact me once she figure out what the symbol I showed her meant. But hopefully she doesn't contact me right away. Because another magical hero, Lilith, invited me to go hang out today! Which I kind of want to do. I just don't know how to handle the Mists, and going to Club Sarcasm with her is kind of a nice break. I get drinks for the two of us and walk back to the table we're sitting at for the moment.

"So, uh, yeah. Here...here you go," I say while handing Lilith her drink. I kind of watch her while I do - maybe I can see why she wanted to hang out? Not that I mind or anything, but we don't really know each other.

[22:18] <Heliotrope> Pierce Lilith's Mask
[22:18] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6
[22:18] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 5 = 5
Marking potential

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 25, 2016

• Locked thread