Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

How are you back op, I killed you.... Uhh I mean you died mysteriously, must be some kind of necromancer ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
This bigfoot is shedding all over the place, is there a good slime for picking up bigfoot hair?

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

I can't sell you another slime until you pay for the first one...

BlastYouVileWoman
Sep 26, 2013

by Cyrano4747
this is my favorite new thread, c'est magnifleek, 666 y'sll

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Can I get a refund on my splitting slime? I've got the original... Or at least one of the first pair.

I think.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
All I know is, if you cut one of the green slimes in half, the sumbitch gets stronger and divides. You have to kill it using fire or a very large fall. Weapons are useless.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
OP, how do you have a whole post about various slimes of all sizes and shapes and not include the Dragon Quest slime

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

HJE-Cobra posted:

OP, how do you have a whole post about various slimes of all sizes and shapes and not include the Dragon Quest slime

They offer a free metal slime with purchase of 3 rust monsters, but those fuckers keep running away.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
How many xp do you get per slim you kill

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
:nws: http://pic01.nijie.info/nijie_picture/main/201203312133472908.jpg :nws:

EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE NWS IMAGES BEHIND SPOILER TAGS.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 5, 2016

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I will take all sexy mimic slimes though if you could guarantee my seed will not grant it unspeakable shapeshifting abilities that would be cool

Windows 98 posted:

Does it come in white?

I'll make it

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

:siren:Public Service Announcement To All Human Citizens:siren:

The Imperial High Office of Illicit Drug Enforcement & Public Safety has issued a decree to all human citizens of Imperia in regards to the ongoing epidemic of illicit substance abuse among the younger human population known as "Gettin' Jellied".

The inhalation of oozes, jellies, slimes, sentient molds, and puddings has long been a source of psychoactive recreation amongst the lesser races (orcs, trolls, kobolds, slavics) but human constitution simply was not created by the Blessed Maker to withstand such poisonous magical filth. Amongst adults, abuse of these creatures makes beasts of men, shortens life spans, free's valued inhibition, causes insanity, loosens morals in women, can cause birth defects, and even internal organ liquification.

But a disturbing new trend amongst human children is occuring. "Gettin' Jellied" has become the new "it" thing to do on the playgrounds, manure fields, sweatshops, and other places where children are known to congregate...

and the consequences ARE DEADLY.

human child "Gettin' Jellied"

immediately afterwards

Children's frail bodies cannot withstand the magical energies of such substance abuse and 75% of all children have turned into living abominations in the service of the One True Dark Lord The Death Lich Whose Name Is Whispered Only In The Nightmares Of The Newborn. The other 25%...

INSTANT DEATH

KNOW THE SIGNS

If your child exhibits the following:
Mood Swings
Listlessness
Violent Outbursts
Thievery
Listening to Orcish Music
Slav Squatting
Covered In Slime
Speaking In Antediluvian Tongue
Unwillingness To Work 18 Hours In The Manure Fields

then your child may be "On The Ooze".

WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

human child at a "Pudding Party"

in the throes of jelly abuse

the deadly effects of peer pressure

a bad reaction, but all too common

So heed this warning, human citizens, keep your children away from jellies, oozes, puddings, and slimes before they go from this:

to this:

:siren:JUST SAY NAY TO JELLAY:siren:

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

super macho dude posted:

:siren:Public Service Announcement To All Human Citizens:siren:

The Imperial High Office of Illicit Drug Enforcement & Public Safety has issued a decree to all human citizens of Imperia in regards to the ongoing epidemic of illicit substance abuse among the younger human population known as "Gettin' Jellied".

The inhalation of oozes, jellies, slimes, sentient molds, and puddings has long been a source of psychoactive recreation amongst the lesser races (orcs, trolls, kobolds, slavics) but human constitution simply was not created by the Blessed Maker to withstand such poisonous magical filth. Amongst adults, abuse of these creatures makes beasts of men, shortens life spans, free's valued inhibition, causes insanity, loosens morals in women, can cause birth defects, and even internal organ liquification.

But a disturbing new trend amongst human children is occuring. "Gettin' Jellied" has become the new "it" thing to do on the playgrounds, manure fields, sweatshops, and other places where children are known to congregate...

and the consequences ARE DEADLY.

human child "Gettin' Jellied"

immediately afterwards

Children's frail bodies cannot withstand the magical energies of such substance abuse and 75% of all children have turned into living abominations in the service of the One True Dark Lord The Death Lich Whose Name Is Whispered Only In The Nightmares Of The Newborn. The other 25%...

INSTANT DEATH

KNOW THE SIGNS

If your child exhibits the following:
Mood Swings
Listlessness
Violent Outbursts
Thievery
Listening to Orcish Music
Slav Squatting
Covered In Slime
Speaking In Antediluvian Tongue
Unwillingness To Work 18 Hours In The Manure Fields

then your child may be "On The Ooze".

WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

human child at a "Pudding Party"

in the throes of jelly abuse

the deadly effects of peer pressure

a bad reaction, but all too common

So heed this warning, human citizens, keep your children away from jellies, oozes, puddings, and slimes before they go from this:

to this:

:siren:JUST SAY NAY TO JELLAY:siren:

i was goign to think something funny up but this is too much comedy to have looming over me as i try

loving :five:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Gumdrop Larry posted:

This seems like a rip off I can walk outside of town right now and get all the slimes I need for free.

oh there you are ;-* no need to run friend i just want to talk stay put you little poo poo i need the xp you wanna get some coffee and a muffin? my treat

LurkBot
Jan 4, 2007
Something has gone horribly wrong.
I'm looking for a QUIET micro-ooze to keep the basement rat population in check. I'd prefer a low acid type but I'm flexible as long as it doesn't self-multiply. Any suggestions?

Also I need a territorial gardening slime capable of maintaining turf between two and three inches. Must either be child friendly or opaque enough to hide child skeletons.

naem
May 29, 2011

LurkBot posted:

I'm looking for a QUIET micro-ooze to keep the basement rat population in check. I'd prefer a low acid type but I'm flexible as long as it doesn't self-multiply. Any suggestions?

If your basement is damp and ooky enough slimes should appear on their own, you can encourage this by picking a corner to urinate in or deposit a couple skeletons

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I need a strong ooze to help clear my barrow downs of a couple wights, but I also need it to be stain resistant because I could also use some domestic help around the house. I also need it to be hypoallergenic and gluten free

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
See, look at this bullshit. loving green slimes man.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

naem posted:

If your basement is damp and ooky enough slimes should appear on their own, you can encourage this by picking a corner to urinate in or deposit a couple skeletons

beware, while skeletons will attract smaller poser slimes who are useful for everyday housekeeping tasks once trained (beaten and forced into slavery, Lol), they might attract larger and far more dangerous Bully Slimes who can gently caress your entire homestead/cave/ruin up in no time

if that happens you better have some weeping (tard elemental ones are best) slimes on hand to toss outside until the big bully slimes catch their scent begin their incredibly slow pursuit. the weeping tard elementals usually tire out after a day or two of chase but are quite fast so the bully slimes won't bother coming back your way.

yr welcome, this tip saved me countless times

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

ChrisHansen posted:

I also need it to be hypoallergenic and gluten free
*hipster necromancer walks into a Death Trappery*

Uh, yeah, hi, I have a ground level dungeon foyer that needs protecting, so I guess im in the market for a low level Skeletal Warrior? Do you have anything locally sourced from a free range graveyard or should I try the Co-Op Henchmennary down the street?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Yo, you want to come over and check out my model trains and Gel Off (GO). There's nothing gay about it, just two slimes gelling off while playing with model trains. Wife slime is away during the day, don't come over any later than 3pm. Bring a towel.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

LifeSunDeath posted:

Yo, you want to come over and check out my model trains and Gel Off (GO). There's nothing gay about it, just two slimes gelling off while playing with model trains. Wife slime is away during the day, don't come over any later than 3pm. Bring a towel.

slimes feel pain. do not burn out trains on slimed tracks. the slimes will remember and crawl into your orifices as you sleep and dissolve every single capillary vessel until you violently hemorrhage slime and turn into a gross slimed out mummy

once they're inside you slimes cannot be stopped just like polonium poisoning, very bad stuff

they only enter if you really messed with them, its not like they like it inside some fat, hot, cramped, oxygen-starved-goonlord-orb-posting-wizard anyway

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

super macho dude posted:

:siren:ATTN: ALL SLIME STOCK MUST GO!:siren:

Due to the Great War in the Western Wastes and the untimely defeat of the One True Dark Lord The Death Lich Whose Name Is Whispered Only In The Nightmares Of The Newborn, this may be our final week here at Dungeness' Dungeon Emporium & Death Trappery and our vast stock of DUNGEON SLIMES must be sold and is now available at :siren:75% off!!!:siren:

Must suck knowing Ted Cruz resigned. from competing against Trump.

I'll take 1 of each sexy slime.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Microwaves Mom posted:

Must suck knowing Ted Cruz resigned. from competing against Trump.

I'll take 1 of each sexy slime.

Please don't microwave my slimes mom.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
page 3 and no skeleton jelly

i am disappoint

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Would I be able to purchase a Construct slime in your fine establishment?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Was skeleton jelly okay?

naem
May 29, 2011

ChickenHeart posted:

Was skeleton jelly okay?

Are any of us??

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

ChickenHeart posted:

Was skeleton jelly okay?

quote:

I could be mistaken, but i believe this is a comic about endochondral ossification. Skeleton jelly is essentially a chondrocyte (cartilage cell) which hypertrophies (drinks the well) and dies (gets eaten). He then cacifies (squirxical jelly) and then drips into ultraviolet city, which looks suspiciously like the trabeculae of ossified bone. I'm pretty sure it's not all a coincidence, it made me chuckle.

You know, that is the one thing I really couldn't put my finger on. I looked over the comic again after reading your comment and noticed a few other interesting things though. After meeting tiny animals brain dude, Skeleton Jelly says "Am I Skull Town Jelly? No! I am Skeleton Jelly." This line caught my eye not only because of the play on words, but because bones of the skull and general cranial region ossify through Intramembranous Ossification, which is a very different process compared to the Endochondral Ossification that Skeleton Jelly goes through. Hence, his violent reaction against becoming Skull Town Jelly.

The man with many hands and eyes that Skeleton Jelly meets reminds me of the Hypothalamus gland in that it is the main link between the endocrine and nervous system. The hypothalamus receives a lot of information and dictates a lot of developmental instruction, explaining the 360 degree vision and all the hands held like traffic signs.

To me, the well is just a source of ground substance, which helps alter a chondrocyte's chemical makeup to prepare it for apoptosis and ossification.

The guy who chews up Skeleton Jelly represents the mechanism by which chondrocytes perform apoptosis, but we don't exactly know what that mechanism is yet, so I can't say for sure. (Osteoblasts is what I assume, but more research must be done).

The last character our Jelly meets is my favourite. Taking my previous assumptions to be correct, Jelly must be inside a human body, and the squares of all the walls are various cells, right? Well we meet this alien-shaped character who looks almost human - at least in the early developmental stages. My guess is a fetus for that reason, and Jelly must be in a pregnant woman. This makes sense to me as well because the female pelvis expands and gets slightly denser in late term pregnancies to support more weight, correct center of mass, etc...

Of course the comic falls closer to making a commentary about the crises of identity and existentialism, but I couldn't help but notice the parallels between the working human anatomy and Skeleton Jelly's little adventure.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
getting pretty goddamn sick of the neighbor's dog barking all night. Hypothetically speaking, what do you have that could slither under a fence and digest about 25 pounds of obnoxious meat without making a sound?

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
slimes and jellies don't really do it for me, and I was wondering... I mean, this is embarrassing... but do you happen to have any... any blobs? :sweatdrop:

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Man, if you have seen the kinda slimes I have seen, there is some hosed up poo poo out there. I mean some real hosed up poo poo. I dont know man. I have seen some slimes that are just not okay. Some are cool, but then there's some real hosed up stuff. Who has control over this?

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
i sell real white slime
you come my house
you give 20 american dollar
i go in house get real white slime in bag
i give you bag with real white slime

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Slime seller.

I am going into battle and need only your strongest slimes.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

How sexy can a slime get

Also

Annihilation piss

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
OP hasn't replied back. May have committed suicide via slime.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Lime Tonics posted:

All I know is, if you cut one of the green slimes in half, the sumbitch gets stronger and divides. You have to kill it using fire or a very large fall. Weapons are useless.

slimes + cuisinart = world-ending apocalypse

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Lime Tonics posted:

You could eat it.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Help, op, I bought a bunch of smaller slimes for my dungeon and now they're combining into a single larger slime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I think they might be gaining intelligence

• Locked thread