Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Well, if there's any place you'd expect to find souls in trees, a forest at the base of Mt. Fuji would definitely be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Yeah, Gonbe sucks rear end to use, by far the most painful of the DLC characters.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Omobono posted:

I assume Daikon's? On the other hand, I kinda like Arashimaru's alt ending.

E: by the way, you can quickdraw Player 2, but you need to break their weapon first.
Arashimaru's weirdly involved and drawn out "someone at Vanillaware apparently really liked the legend of Jiraiya" ending and Gonbe's "gently caress you somehow you failed even harder than the first ending and you were literally in Hell in that one" ending are almost insultingly dickish.

Rajyaki at least gets an alternate ending that isn't an umitigated disaster for her. Because Rajyaki is the best :3:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Sindai posted:

Executing special moves by being carried around by your ghost wife is ridiculously adorable. :3:
I love how, since Gonbe can't double-jump or glide naturally (he's the only playable character who isn't supernatural or close to it) his ghost wife helps him out :3:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Gonbe's first ending is one of the best in the game (after Rajyaki's first ending and tied with Rajyaki's second one).

Gonbe aw-shucks-ing his way into almost unionizing Hell is the greatest thing :allears:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

I love that they put such a bizarre amount of work into that ending, it's so drawn-out and has a bunch of unique assets. Someone at Vanillaware really loves the Tale of Jiraiya, goddamn.

Also, I wasn't loving kidding before when I said the alternate endings went out of their way to gently caress you over.

It's all uphill from here, though :3:

U.T. Raptor fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Rajyaki is the best, adorable little murder whirlwind :3:

Even mechanically, since she's basically Okoi but with everything bad about Okoi (that lovely cat form and the terrible hitbox on her giant cat transformation) fixed.

• Locked thread