Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
TV is always looking for innovative new ideas and things to put on television

cooking show was good, why not add kids?

dancing show was good, why not make it about celebrities?

voyeur show popular, focus on more obscure personalities?

and so on.

i think we should help out television exectuives by coming up with some ideas for new tv shows or even television channels

ill start:

- a show where a man watches old episodes of maury povich and provides asinine commentary

- a show where we peer into the life of a 34 year old unmarried man who spends the entirety of his free time watching people play games on twitch.tv

- a channel where a man quietly sobs into a handkerchief while an american flag waves in the background

- a "tru tv" type show where a man stands on a corner and just yells constantly and when people get mad at him he points at a non-existent tv camera as the crew bailed on him hours ago

- a news channel focused on the beckett's guides for trading card games

feel free to add your own

also

- a show where "op is a human being"
- a channel where "op sucks my drat balls, please"
- a tv show where "op kills himself"

just to get htose out of the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
TV is obsolete

Lets Plays and one line twitter jokes are the future of entertainment

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I just aim a camera out my window 24 hours a day and livestream it on tv.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
- a sitcom focused on a guy whose job it is to write "drumpf" instead of "trump" on photocopies of flyers for donald trump

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
excuse me?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

How about a show where the human being OP sucks my drat balls, then kills himself?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Tubby Smith plays whack a mole while drinking green tea and if he loses a pack of rabid raccoons are released.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

OctoberBlues posted:

Tubby Smith plays whack a mole while drinking green tea and if he loses a pack of rabid raccoons are released.

Is Tubby Smith a famed trumpet player from the 1920's?

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
- a show that follows a carnie worker that continues to man the tilt-a-whirl and clown baloon water gun game at an abandoned carnival

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
'Smushed'

It's like 'Chopped' except no knives.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
A 60 Minutes-style news and interview show where all the hosts are robots.

The Andy Rooney segment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD_NdnYrDzY

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
A dramedy about a neurotic mutant who can fly but is afraid to. Most of the show is internal monologues and his awkward interaction with others and features zero special effects and footage of the guy ever flying. Series finale reveals he isn't a mutant at all but just a self conscious sperglord prone to exaggeration.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
a chain-smoking FtM fights for acceptance and maybe love while struggling to overcome the wage gap in the meatpacking industry

virginia slim jim: youve come a long way, sir

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
A reality show following a group of Irish travelers as they journey across America, defrauding old people and committing petty crimes.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Retrovisionists (on ABC)
A man discovers while he was away in college getting his degree in History, his parents sold his retro game collection. Now, using the skills he acquired in school, he and his group of fellow post-grad game nerds undergo a dark journey to reclaim his lost collection from the people who bought it and helping change their lives in exchange for getting the games back.

Retribution (on NBC)
A Marine''s entire retro game collection is stolen during a bold terrorist raid on a US Marine supply transport. It's been 2 years, and Uncle Sam creates a special covert armed response team (CART) to track down the terrorists using the stolen games that were part of the shipment as their only leads. Now the members of CART are going to find the terrorists, find the stolen WMDs and reclaim his old NES games.

Retrograde (on CBS)
A high school freshman has his entire retrogame collection seized by a teacher on the first day of school through a complicated set of coincidences. The only way he can get them back is if he graduates without any negative marks on his record by the end of his senior year.

Retrofit (on Fox)
In the near future, after sports have been banned due to violence and injury, a new bred of athletes emerges. Training their reflexes and minds, these competitors face off in the realm of the Arcadiums and their weapons are joysticks and roller balls, their new battleground is an 8-bit warzone. These are the sportspersons of tomorrow. These are the Retrofit.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

JediTalentAgent posted:

Retrovisionists (on ABC)
A man discovers while he was away in college getting his degree in History, his parents sold his retro game collection. Now, using the skills he acquired in school, he and his group of fellow post-grad game nerds undergo a dark journey to reclaim his lost collection from the people who bought it and helping change their lives in exchange for getting the games back.

Retribution (on NBC)
A Marine''s entire retro game collection is stolen during a bold terrorist raid on a US Marine supply transport. It's been 2 years, and Uncle Sam creates a special covert armed response team (CART) to track down the terrorists using the stolen games that were part of the shipment as their only leads. Now the members of CART are going to find the terrorists, find the stolen WMDs and reclaim his old NES games.

Retrograde (on CBS)
A high school freshman has his entire retrogame collection seized by a teacher on the first day of school through a complicated set of coincidences. The only way he can get them back is if he graduates without any negative marks on his record by the end of his senior year.

Retrofit (on Fox)
In the near future, after sports have been banned due to violence and injury, a new bred of athletes emerges. Training their reflexes and minds, these competitors face off in the realm of the Arcadiums and their weapons are joysticks and roller balls, their new battleground is an 8-bit warzone. These are the sportspersons of tomorrow. These are the Retrofit.

ready player 1

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Still Friends, bring back the cast of Friends! :dance:

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
- a show where a man collects all of his bodily deposits (e.g., urine, feces, skin flakes, nail clippings, hair) in containers and then tries to animate a golem out of them

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
- a television network focused on a steampunk-cyberpunk world setting dubbed hydroelectricpunk

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i'm ptting my signature here to ressurect how i met ur mother suit up guys we're goin in dry haha

s. justice vegan

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My parents said to me yesterday "HEY WE SAW ON TV THERE'S A NEW APP WHERE YOU CAN WATCH FREE TV CHANNELS"

It was called PlutoTV - so I downloaded it, and it's literally just YouTube playlists of poo poo from YouTube.

So the future of TV is broadcasting YouTube playlists for olds

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Twelve people in a house filled with cameras. Last one out alive wins.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe like a dr Phil sorta thing but he just pisses on people instead of giving them advice and they are very grateful.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

a show where a man runs a carnival game, it follows the ups and downs and drama inherent within the confines of a carnival game like 'knock over the bottles'

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Sex house

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Penis Wrestling. It's like thumb wrestling but with penises.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
a game show where the losing contestants get brutally slaughtered and the winner takes home everything they owned including house and car and poo poo like that

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Anime

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

satanic splash-back posted:

a show where a man runs a carnival game, it follows the ups and downs and drama inherent within the confines of a carnival game like 'knock over the bottles'

A show about carnies is the Platonic ideal of reality shows about redneck weirdos. Not even gonna look it up because there's absolutely no chance one hasn't been made already. There's probably a few.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Byford Dolphin: The Anime

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Observational sitcom about the struggles of clone on clone marriages

ur_a_rapist_m8
May 5, 2016

by Cowcaster
who is the best poster, find out next time on autism male insecurity wars

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

ur_a_rapist_m8 posted:

who is the best poster, find out next time on autism male insecurity wars

dammit alex

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
A show where the last ten minutes plays whiny indie music while the characters have heartfelt moments with each other, followed by an optional cliffhanger ending. Repeat ad nauseum.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Cartoon Network does a show with an openly transgendered lead character.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I got one!!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
sorry Captain, simpsons did it

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Pisssss :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

JediTalentAgent posted:

Cartoon Network does a show with an openly transgendered lead character.

Jenny Bravo

• Locked thread