Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Eric the Mauve posted:

Even funner game, drink every time the announcer says "Cole shoots, and it's blocked!"

don't actually do this you will die of alcohol poisoning by 2nd intermission

Cole...turnedover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Bad whistle there or just a late one?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

HappyHippo posted:

pp turned to complete poo poo

Alternatively, maybe the Pens PK is good

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Nice pp caps
they got several nice chances out of it

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Bad whistle.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Alternatively, maybe the Pens PK is good

Is it possible Rick Tocchet is also coaching the Caps powerplay?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I really don't understand it, most years in recent memory even while they struggled horribly with 5-on-5 defense, their PK has been pretty consistently good.

Right now goaltending might have a lot to do with it but dunno, MAF has always been decent-to-good but never great.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
There is somehow nearly half a game remaining

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Wheeeeew... Holtby saved the Caps' bacon there

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Eric the Mauve posted:

I really don't understand it, most years in recent memory even while they struggled horribly with 5-on-5 defense, their PK has been pretty consistently good.

Right now goaltending might have a lot to do with it but dunno, MAF has always been decent-to-good but never great.

The Pens are really good at icing.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Phil is sooooooo close to breaking one out. And when he does he'll get a bunch.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Pittsburgh Penguins are going to win the Stanley Cup.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
gently caress Malkin, Dirty piece of poo poo.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Review that hit thanks

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
please stop trying to give each other severe brain damage

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Suspend Malkin now, too.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I really hope we find somewhere to dump Kunitz this offseason. It's not even that we need the money he just does not have a place on this team anymore.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Gunjin posted:

gently caress Malkin, Dirty piece of poo poo.

LOL same poo poo Ovie does every other game.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Leaves feet, targets head, good play.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
:byewhore:

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

rex rabidorum vires posted:

LOL same poo poo Ovie does every other game.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Tonight might be the end of the series for Geno, wow.

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

Now remember kids, no running, no diving, and no salt on my margaritas.
New in NHL '17: The Truck Stick!

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Leaves feet, targets head, good play.

Stays on feet, targets shoulder, penalty?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I really hope we find somewhere to dump Kunitz this offseason. It's not even that we need the money he just does not have a place on this team anymore.

He's overpaid for the role at this point but he's still a good 3rd line winger. As long as he's actually kept on the 3rd line and not holding Crosby back, it's cool.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Jesus

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The saves aren't good, the shots are just bad

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
that's such a bullshit icing rust was way ahead there

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
strong hockey play

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

This game is surprisingly gritty and physical given who's playing.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Someone gif Bonino standing in place and dangling around the sliding body of Mike Weber

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug
lol wilson got a taste of his own medicine

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

how the gently caress is that icing?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

This game is magical, and also interminable

there is an entire period+ to go

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Vincent Van Goat posted:

how the gently caress is that icing?
Refs dumb, hockey bad.

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

The most frustrating part for me is Murray is giving up rebounds and it feels like the Caps never have anyone there to get second and third shots. Same poo poo, different year.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Caps fans do not want Malkin to be suspended, because Ovechkin would be on conference call with DOPS with Geno.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Schlesische posted:

This game is surprisingly gritty and physical given who's playing.
assuming youve never seen either team play, sure.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I think one of the stories of this series is the Caps being surprised to discover that thugging it up doesn't make the Penguins melt down anymore, they just keep playing their game and opportunistically dish it back when they can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Brennan posted:

The most frustrating part for me is Murray is giving up rebounds and it feels like the Caps never have anyone there to get second and third shots. Same poo poo, different year.

All rebounds aren't created equal, there's a big difference between Zatkoff Rebounds that fly 5 feet away for someone to attack and Murray Rebounds that drop 2 feet in front of him where he can grab them.

• Locked thread