Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I just hurt my right arm. I live in an apartment and it's past 11, so I can't make noise like I usually would, but I have to do something

That's right, hardest jack off session ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Kawalimus posted:

Series over.

I think this was as much a "must win" for both teams, as much as a game can be a "must win" in a best-off playoff series. If the Caps win this, they are going into a home Game 5 win everything going their way. They most likely win that game, and then they're up 3-2 and in total control. Obviously, with a Pens win, they're up 3-1 and things look really bad for the Caps. They still have a chance, but this is the most resilient Penguins team I remember seeing in a long time.

And Matt Cullen is so loving special.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

i guess that was a lcuky bounce but really it was just the pens capitalzing on a o-zone turnover which is exactly why theyre the best team in the laegue

The Penguins have seen good bounces, but not only are they capitalizing on the bounce, but it is their strong play that is getting them there in the first place. The Pens of the last few years don't get these bounces, not because they are unlucky, but because they never get the chance for them in the first place.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah, on one hand the silver lining is Caps fans can remind themselves that just last 2 years ago the Penguins were up 3-1 in a playoff series and went on to lose. On the other hand Pens fans will unanimously tell you it couldn't possibly have been just two years ago, it feels like 10 million years ago. This is a different team.

Pens fan here, the playoff losses feel like they happened yesterday. I am still traumatized by the disaster that was the Bruins series. I still have trouble listening to the Muse song Panic Station, because I noticed they played it during one of the games in Boston and it fit so loving perfectly.

However, and I realize it is a cliche, but it is so drat true: this team is resilient. They are more skilled, but even more importantly, their mindset is so much more mature. This team doesn't seem capable of melting down. If the Caps do come back and win it out, it will only be because they eventually show to be the better team. Or an incredibly unfortunate injury to the Pens.

• Locked thread