Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I guess as long as you can beat the lizard 3 times you get Felicia.

Does anyone know if the Lizard is going to be still around when part 2 ends? I could see a new enemy in chapter 2, but i wouldn't put it past them to limit it to the current part.

And yes, you had until part 2 ends to defeat Lizard 7 times. Another hour and i could have beaten him the 7th time.

Anyways, looks like Mary Jane is going to be Iron Spider.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Act 2 is going to start tonight or tomorrow, kind of figured they would give it more time

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Once I got Ock, I just stopped caring about Goblin because I knew there was no way to beat him before the time was up, so I just concentrated in upgrading him, black cat and MJ as high as I could.

Please let Gwen just be a normal unlockable character.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
The late-breaking box for cheap oscoins full of exclusives was a lifesaver. The setup for the Goblin fights was bullshit though - I think the 7 streak was all but impossible even if you're a pretty serious P2P.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, going from a 50hp guard to 245 was really loving bullshit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Symbiote Spidey could one shot those, but he was expensive.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I didn't even get Ock. Dammit.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Even with Symbiote spidey, it was still 3 fights, then 5, and so on, and by the 4th streak you needed 11 to beat Goblin. Syringes were easy but the antidotes were so hard to come by free and even if you bought the 100ish crystal pack you'd still need to spend a LOT of money to come close to the 7-streak.

I wound up getting Goblin but no additional coins so I can't level him at all. Skipped Ham and Lizard.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
I got everyone up to at least level 4, with Ham, Black Cat, and Mary Jane level 5.

Only item I missed was the Gargoyle statue.

Norman should be finishable in act 2 for me.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I'm certain at least one of Gwen, Silk, or Venom will be premium, sadly.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gwen is on the splash page, and so is venom, so i doubt it, but yea, Silk or Miles or Mayday or whomever they add will be premium.

laith_rem
May 9, 2015
Miguel is probably gonna be the first premium yeah

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Act 2 is up, Carnage is the bad guy now, Miguel is in fact the premium, Electro and Mysterio are unlockable and Venom will be unlocked though tasks a la Groot and Bucky

There's also a new battle mechanism

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 22, 2016

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
And Gwen is a main recruit as well as dead in our Spidey's universe

I got Ock with an hour to spare. gently caress that particular process.

We're also back to the train up skills to fight wandering goons thing from the Guardian event.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dataminers found the secret character.

It's Miles Morales. Not a big shock.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Well, it was going to be her or Cindy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Crap, I was actually close to getting Electro and then they yank the rug out. They sure buried the deadline.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yep, I didn't even try, I just care about Gwen.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
This game pisses me off and is such bullshit, but I love it. These episodes are so short. Doesn't give you a chance to get characters like Electro without paying. I bought 2099 just to help me beat Mysterio to get Electro and STILL couldn't get it done.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I probably could have finished it if the countdown had been front and centre like before, instead of buried in a sub menu

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SeannieDarko posted:

This game pisses me off and is such bullshit, but I love it. These episodes are so short. Doesn't give you a chance to get characters like Electro without paying. I bought 2099 just to help me beat Mysterio to get Electro and STILL couldn't get it done.

Electro was specifically not meant to be achievable for F2P players. They just didn't communicate that.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
On the upside, Venom doesn't reset to Streak 1 when time runs out, he just heals up. On the downside, it costs 150 shards instead of 100 to extend the time limit.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
I think it varies on the streak. It was 120 shards for me to extend streak 4.

I'm just glad I exploited the airplane mode bug this week and last. Venom would have been near impossible with just Spider-man and Gwen.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I got Venom to streak 4 then he one shot my entire team before I got an attack in.

I decided to not bother after that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

unseenlibrarian posted:

On the upside, Venom doesn't reset to Streak 1 when time runs out, he just heals up. On the downside, it costs 150 shards instead of 100 to extend the time limit.

Yea, that was good news. I did manage to get the symbiot Widow costume, Which in theory should make it easier, but hahaha, no.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I appreciate them putting the good stuff on Wave 3 and making Wave 7 be useless crap in this event.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I said i'd only spend money on Miles or Cindy, and welp, there's Miles.

At this point I'm just farming symbiots hoping I can level my attackers power and health while stockpiling sonic blasters to fight venom. Still have 4 days.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
Does Miles seem, like, bizarrely huge to anyone else? I was always under the impression that he was a pretty small guy but he looks like he could rip most of my heroes in half here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They only have a few base models for males and none of them are very small, except the Rocket/Ham one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lobsterman posted:

Does Miles seem, like, bizarrely huge to anyone else? I was always under the impression that he was a pretty small guy but he looks like he could rip most of my heroes in half here.

Uh didn't you read Secret Wars? He needs to eat all the time because he's going to be big.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
Should probably resubscribe to Unlimited and get on that. :blush:

Actual game question, are upgraded costumes permanent or is there a way to swap them around? This event is the first time I've gotten someone close to rank 5 and I'm curious.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
wtf, before going to bed i got Venom down to half health, with 16 hours before he healed, then I come back and he's at full health already. WTF is this bullshit?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lobsterman posted:

Should probably resubscribe to Unlimited and get on that. :blush:

Actual game question, are upgraded costumes permanent or is there a way to swap them around? This event is the first time I've gotten someone close to rank 5 and I'm curious.

When you press someone to get their mission list, there's a uniform icon in the bottom.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...

Aphrodite posted:

When you press someone to get their mission list, there's a uniform icon in the bottom.

Thanks, not sure how long it would've taken me to finally notice that button on it's own!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lobsterman posted:

Thanks, not sure how long it would've taken me to finally notice that button on it's own!

Friend of mine had no idea there was an inventory for buildings and display items. He was really upset the game was stealing away all the cool stuff he got from lockboxes.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Aphrodite posted:

They only have a few base models for males and none of them are very small, except the Rocket/Ham one.
Eddie looks hilarious because they didn't want to give him two models for his human and venom form

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think they probably didn't want to make 2 sets of combat animations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
Well I finished battling Carnage. Now all that's left is finishing upgrading Venom and Miles and I'll have finished everything except getting Ock all the way leveled up in Act 1.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Was there even an option to upgrade Doc Ock in act 1? I'd recruited him but he never had a level up option at all that I saw, and Goblin and Lizard kept upgrading with message board items in act 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

unseenlibrarian posted:

Was there even an option to upgrade Doc Ock in act 1? I'd recruited him but he never had a level up option at all that I saw, and Goblin and Lizard kept upgrading with message board items in act 2.

There was, but he gets recruited fairly late, I only got him to level 3

• Locked thread