Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Academy really flipped the switch last night.

Now suddenly you need rank 3 panther, which is something like 80 hours from the Captain America display, and about 20k vibranium.

They want me to upgrade the Wakanda embassy, but two things needed for it don't drop from anything.

Needing daggers for everything sucks too. The Guardians event was a lot more fair than this. I'm never going to upgrade Wonder Man because I need poo poo for Spidey and getting the decorations and Captain Falcon and all the other characters they'll be releasing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Those tasks are always doable after you buy them.

Yeah, but what he's saying is that you basically get a discount if you buy him when the task is up, because they give you 70 shards back.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I got Venom to streak 4 then he one shot my entire team before I got an attack in.

I decided to not bother after that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm not going to be able to level Venom, Mysterio, or Electro past 3. I hope they don't make it like the Guardians, because I still haven't gotten enough emblems to even level up one of Rocket, Groot, or Drax yet.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Blade requirements are a joke. So at least I know I can stop with this event once I get Dracula.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You can probably forget about leveling Carol up, though. You apparently need different poo poo each time and some of it is RNG based.

I was also unlucky enough to be on streak 6 for the boss when I got her, which means I need to somehow grind out 4 wins against him when he is now almost impossible to beat. I'm also constantly out of ore and keys and the poo poo you get from keys to fight the ice giants, so this sucks.

And she'll probably cost some astronomical amount of gold to level up when the event is over.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TFRazorsaw posted:

she's not a premium character so that'll be Jen

The FAQ says she'll be available to upgrade right after the event and the requirements will be replaced with significantly greater requirements. With the hoops that you have to run through to upgrade her during the event, it seems that it'll be even worse afterwards.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, this event is a joke. You'd have to spend tons of money to get the cages. You can barely get enough items to fight, and your characters do poo poo for damage and take too much damage. It's a joke to send Falcon/Widow/Wasp against even the 2nd streak boss.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

By the way, the mystery character that only people who spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars will get is Beta Ray Bill.

Star-Lord's costume was pretty easy to get, but Gamora's is pretty much impossible.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Radio! posted:

It is total bullshit though. I went to fight the priestess on like streak 3 and she went first and KO'd me in one shot on a critical.

Apparently on streak 15 even with a max Captain America, Thor Groot, and Collector it still takes 3-4 tries depending on how unlucky you are with crits.

On top of that, the jet packs are not guaranteed to drop even when you 3 star the hard mode. So you're at the mercy of the RNG in getting those. So you need to shard heroes up to max levels, and probably shard to buy more rocket fuel to keep attempting to get the jet packs to drop. And probably shard to retry the boss or buy more of the items you need to fight her.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They're also saying that they're looking for the last member of the Champions and he shoots lasers from his eyes. I really hope they can get Cyclops in the game.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This event was really bad. I just barely managed to get all the characters, but only was able to get one to level 5. The rest are all at 3 or less. I couldn't complete the last stage because the enemies were way too tough and it was too time consuming to try to level everyone AND send them on the 4 hour missions. The costumes were impossible to get unless you spent hundreds of dollars.

Here's hoping the Spider-Man event is better.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think this event is busted. With how low the currency drops are and the low stats of the characters.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

Sounds like Armor Wars is going to be the next event.

Yay, something I can skip.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The leveling requirements for this event have been so lovely. I managed to get Agent Venom and Spider-Girl to 5, but only could get Silver Sable and Silk to 3, and JJJ to 2.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I did the last fight about 8 times before just saying "gently caress it" and spending the 250 shards. And with that I stopped the event. Couldn't get anyone past level 3 because of the loving insane requirements where you would have needed to buy generators and that extra building. This event loving sucked.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

KaosMachina posted:

So hypothetically how hard would it be for me to start Avengers Academy now

Not hard, really. Just be aware you'll have a pretty limited roster for a while unless you want to spend money. You'll get Iron Man, Wasp, Cap, Enchantress, and Black Widow as the main cast.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I just realized the outfit for Coulson is the Reb Brown Cap costume.

Yeah, it's great. Too bad it's loving impossible to get unless you want to pay for it. And that's supposed to be one of the F2P costumes. This event loving sucked and I only kept up because I really wanted Man Thing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

There's no F2P costumes in this event.

I think I got Mockingbird's for nothing. Don't remember having to do anything but accept it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wasp and Tony. Other than that I'd say level up whoever you have at rank 5 before the others. Then check which rarity tokens are up next, so after Wasp and Tony, I'm leveling Loki and Widow since they're next with the available tokens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I kinda like this more because I don't have to check the timers as much and choose between drops for leveling characters or special event drops with board missions.

I'm playing less, but I think that's actually a good thing.

• Locked thread