Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Blues sit on the blue line and wait for the Stars to gently caress up their PP before they even sniff the offensive zone.

It takes all sorts to make a successful PK, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That play was loving putrid even WITHOUT Tarasenko camped out by the blue line. Then Tarasenko got the puck.

Jesus christ.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Starsfan posted:

If Jim Nill isn't fired for the Antti Niemi trade and sign, feel free to fire him for the Kris Russell trade Gaglardi.

He's not going to get fired.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Steen elbows Eakin in the face.

Eakin is called for holding.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Starsfan posted:

maybe not this year, but that goaltender duo and the terrible veterans the Stars have signed are going to keep paying off for two or three seasons to come.

Terrible veterans? Like who? Are you bitching about Russel again? The guy who immediately improved the Stars' defensive play? No one's going to argue about the goaltenders. But in terms of "terrible veterans" I can only think of Sergei Gonchar, and we got rid of him.

The Stars are playing bad. The moves to shore up defense were not mistakes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd still take 100 Oduyas before I ever see a single Gonchar again.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

grack posted:

If Kris Russell "immediately improved the Stars' defensive play" Jim Nill should be fired for not having signed any actual defensemen to begin with.

The plan has been to bring up the defensemen we've had in the minors. For whatever reason, they're not ready yet. And if it was as easy as just going out and signing good defensemen, it'd have been done. They signed who they could. Russell was brought in.

I just have a hard time seeing Nill's moves so far as a net negative. 100% of the hockey universe will agree the Niemi contract is bad. But there are arguments to be made about everything else.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The goalie situation is so bad for the Stars that they are STILL trying to make Jack Campbell work.

They can't still have the same goalie scouts, right?

gently caress YOU ST LOUIS

gently caress YOU

:siren: :siren:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It feels really loving nice when it's not Dallas making 100% of the boneheaded mistakes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Veskit posted:

I'm listening to this loving game on the god drat radio like an animal in the god drat 20s

Listening to poo poo like hockey and basketball on the radio is loving exhausting.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zoran posted:

I hate the Stars' 4-on-4 play

The Stars should not keep their special teams coach.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Stars getting hosed by the refs.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

they had the 4th best pp and the 10th best pk despite their goaltending

Cool, now look at playoffs stats when they play decent teams.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That Bryan Elliott save against Faksa is going to wind up being a huge goddamned deal.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Glad we agree.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Scummy goddamned hit to end the period, but hey it's St. Louis. No surprise there.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You pick your shots. I do not like where this shot was picked.

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/728401179647037441

Total coincidence Benn gets launched into the corner there, I'm sure.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That hit anywhere else on the ice wouldn't bother me as much.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Okay, let me make it even simpler then.

Hit on the ice: totally fine

Players being launched into poo poo: not as fine, but fun to watch

Does that make it easier for everyone?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Valeri Nichushkin appears to be playing a better game tonight, but I just don't know about the guy.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Everyone on the Blues is suddenly made of cotton. I haven't seen flopping this sad since the last soccer game I watched.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
And that Elliott save on Faksa in the 2nd winds up being the deal breaker for the Stars.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
EAT THE poo poo ST LOUIS

THANK CHRIST

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cody Eakin did something retarded

And then he decided to fix that

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I would like more of tonight's Nichushkin as opposed to "rest of the season" Nichushkin.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Furnaceface posted:

Things St.Louis fans said in the first round.

And last year.

And the year before.

:v:

Honestly, if I'm a Blues fan I don't panic unless they lose the next game. The Stars barely scratched out a win tonight, and their dumbass mistakes becoming goals are becoming a consistent thing. I mean poo poo, Eakin had JUST got done falling on his face untouched before he scored that game winner.

I'm pleased as punch to win this game, but the Stars have yet to seriously show that they're the better team in this series.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:tipshat:

Go get em, Sharks

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope they call a good goal, cause I will loving laugh to infinity

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

sfwarlock posted:

I want them to call a penalty shot.

That's a good one, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If Rinne wanted to make that save he shouldn't have abandoned the dang net.:colbert:

• Locked thread