Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I still don't understand why teams don't routinely try outright cherrypicking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
sweet

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

it's a contest of wits

specifically, who can be more dim-witted

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

yay Stars

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

lightpole posted:

Needs more Belfour

my grandfather used to think it was the height of comedy to call him "Beddie"

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I hate the Stars' 4-on-4 play

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Zoran posted:

I hate the Stars' 4-on-4 play

because who didn't see that one coming

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Nice one, Faksa

too bad it's 4-on-4 now

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

mrbass21 posted:

I didn't check In, but I am here... Silently. Stars are looking better, but I still expect a meltdown at any time.

Hold me.

no, hold me

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Chairman Wao posted:

Very. I think it's what Batman vs Superman wishes it could've been

do Tony and Steve kiss

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

STARS WIN :siren::siren::siren:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Mike_V posted:

Elliott needs to save that. Oh well, Stars got outplayed so I'm not too worried about games 5-7.

Eh, Stars outplayed the Blues for the vast majority of Game 2 but still lost. It happens. This is a close series, and I wish it had been the WCF.

The divisional format sucks.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Go Preds tonight I guess

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

NO. BAD ZORAN. BAD.

Furnaceface posted:

:siren:YES ONE STEP CLOSER TO GAME 7:siren:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

hmm, I may have inadvertently cursed the predators

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

:siren: Preds!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

misdirectomy posted:

Well this ot probably decides the series so no pressure guys

there's just something about game 4 OT

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

4 overtimes you say?

Im game.

I want eleven. Each game. For the rest of the Preds–Sharks series.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I think that's the right decision, even though that was a pretty crazy-awesome maneuver

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

DOOMocrat posted:

I've never heard a "The play is still under review" clause

Maybe I'm weird but I kinda miss the days when the ref didn't explain poo poo, just turned around and dramatically pointed to center ice or waved his arms

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

sfwarlock posted:

You shouldn't be able to get a goalie interference call by pushing the guy into your goalie.

You also can't score a goal while physically laying on top of the opponent goalie.

Hilariously, if Pavs hadn't made that second effort it might have been a goal.

nah, if he didn't go in and get his stick on it then it was clearly illegal—and that's what was reviewed first

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

imagine supporting over the glass as a penalty. like, actually believing that it's a good thing it exists. some people, man

GeneX posted:

They really need to just make that the equivalent of an icing already

2 minute minor penalty for icing

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Habibi posted:

Fundamentally very sound. It stood out in particular after being forced to watch Niemi for several years.

you can have him back

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

HELLO LADIES posted:

is it just me, or aside from all the ridiculous calls and shenanigans, this is just... very tightly reffed in a way that's loving weird for a playoff games? there is like zero whistle-swallowing or "just let 'em play" going on at all.

good

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

RC Cola posted:

I am sleepy

I was going to go to a party tonight after the games but I'm still rooting for 11OT

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

triple bonus hockey tonight, boys

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Duke Chin posted:

lol shutup roenick - I'm even rooting for the sharks and shut up you dumb waterhead.

water wet, sky blue, JR dumb

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Duke Chin posted:

you forgot ;milbury worse

goes without saying

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Pungry posted:

Just want to say that the Pavelski goal in the first OT should've counted

nah

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

how do you expect to achieve 11OT if you allow a crazy goal in the first

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Trevor Bird posted:

weber's over 40 minutes

OT is not truly great until your 3rd D pair is objectively your strongest set of skaters

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

shout out to my 2008 dallas stars

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Veskit posted:

It's pretty late and if you had kids I'd probably take them loving home just saying

school night too I suppose

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

rinne is on fire

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

This game is slightly above mediocre.

I don't think all that blood is from this incident

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Two overtimes down

Eight more to go

Join me on the 11OT train

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

JawKnee posted:

almost a whole extra hockey game

need to get down to 2:58 left in 3OT for our full 60 minutes

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Siroc posted:

which ends first: jagr retiring or this game ending

jagr retiring has already ended

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I wonder when the desk crew will go to bed and we'll get replacement anchors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Being on the west coast owns. Come onnnnnn 611OT, teams that I'm not invested in!

west coast best coast

also 11 will happen if we just believe

• Locked thread