Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

That, uh, sure is a penalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Should have gone for ham house and taken reimer for the 5th rounder or whatever he cost.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

flakeloaf posted:

Wait, that wasn't the call?

No, see, he backed into eakin, elbowed him in the face, then fell onto him. Eakin penalty.

I'm sure they'll give one back to Dal.... Lol jk

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Starsfan posted:

Johnny Oduya, the biggest piece of poo poo on the roster.

**and with the way our management values veterans, they'll probably re-sign Travis Moen to a three year contract as they let Val Nichushkin walk off to Russia.

..... You may be forgetting a couple players

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Nill has been competent at building a roster and a drat theif in trades. Then he went with niemi and handcuffed himself. Then he addressed their defensive problems by getting Russell, who hasn't helped a whole lot (if at all).

I really love the type of team he's built but the rush moves to fix things now on such a deep and young roster baffles me.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

tofes posted:

Niemi isn't that bad but signing him to go tandem with Lehtonen was just dumb, locking up way too much money for two goalies that have the potential to just be mediocre. Combine that with a terrible defense (trading for Kris Russell haha) and a coach that I've never been impressed with...

The Stars should fire Ruff right now and hire Boudreau before this series is over

Ruff is okay but I'd take Bruce in a heartbeat. Russell hasn't been as bad as I was expecting but he's still bad. Lethonen cost them a couple seasons already. Anyone thinking he could go tandem instead of trying trade magic or letting him rot in the a simply never watches him over the past 3 years. Niemi could have been average or this, I guess.

There were a glut of available young goalies of replacement level or better and nill just gave the two headed finn the nod. Hard to be too upset about the best offer some team in the league winning the toughest division but still...

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Really depressing thing is that a team this deep and young could fail to make the playoffs next year.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I TAKE IT ALL BACK THIS TEAM WILL WIN THE CUP!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Oooooooooooo

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

DOOMocrat posted:

SPECIAL TEAMS FIXED FOREVER

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Furnaceface posted:

This is highly unlikely.

Chicago is going to have a down year next year due to Panarin basically hitting every bonus sending them into cap hell. Winnipeg might squeak in but I doubt it as it will be Pavelec's last year making GBS threads up their chances. Colorado will stay bad because Roy is still their coach. Minnesota will continue to be mediocre and forgettable. Dallas wont win the division again but all theyre really competing for is the 2/3 spot with Nashville.

Two seasons ago they were 2nd in scoring with almost as much depth and missed.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Wait, that penalty didn't go against faksa?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Stars rule. Go Sharks.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'll be home in like an hour and a half, so we need at least another OT and a half.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Well, they did what I wanted and went to 3 OT but my truck blew up and I'm presently blocking a lane on a major street and waiting for a tow. But I get to catch it on my mobile, so I've got that going for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Feel like I jinxed the Sharks just now. Oh well, got to see the 1 minute that mattered I guess.

• Locked thread