Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

he sounded pretty chilled out giving the interview so i duno what the problem is. plus he still has approximately 9 other fingers left, thats a lot.

he had a compound fracture on his left hand so he was in a great deal of pain and couldn't jab, grapple, or parry strikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

EvanSchenck posted:

he had a compound fracture on his left hand so he was in a great deal of pain and couldn't jab, grapple, or parry strikes

if he cant jab or parry then he should have equipped a shield and spear

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
If a man can't jab or parry he should become a programmer as that's where the real money is at.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
"His record is 10 fights over 500"

Come on, this isn't baseball Jon Anik.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

If a man can't jab or parry he should become a programmer as that's where the real money is at.

how would he code with only one working hand? I feel like this career plan is full of holes. imo more fighters should just train with Nick Newell, so they are prepared for these eventualities

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

On a scale of 1 to fun it's not fun at all. Greg Jackson you're a little weirdo.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Chris Wade looks exactly like you'd expect someone named Chris Wade would look.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
:nws::cry::nms:Emmett's super gross finger:nms::cry::nws:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lol that kick

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Well that was a strange sequence.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

This fight is cool okay

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Apparently Gunni isn't wearing hand wraps tonight so we'll probably get some more broken hands before the night is over.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

Apparently Gunni isn't wearing hand wraps tonight so we'll probably get some more broken hands before the night is over.

According to what source because that doesn't sound like something that would be allowed by any commission.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

origami posted:

According to what source because that doesn't sound like something that would be allowed by any commission.

https://twitter.com/PetesyCarroll/status/729366387261583360

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I don't think there's any way to fix it without endangering fighter safety, but it always bugs me when guys avoid GnP by intentionally turning the back of their head towards the strikes.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
huh that's pretty cool - I guess is makes sense since the wraps are for the fighter's fists

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

EvanSchenck posted:

I don't think there's any way to fix it without endangering fighter safety, but it always bugs me when guys avoid GnP by intentionally turning the back of their head towards the strikes.

It bothers me when fighters use footwork to avoid getting KO'd. Its the UFC, JUST BLEED!!

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

pete carroll in the hawaiian islands???

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Fozzy The Bear posted:

It bothers me when fighters use footwork to avoid getting KO'd. Its the UFC, JUST BLEED!!

i think what hes saying is its sort of like putting your balls and dick in the way of someones foot to protect yourself from inside leg kicks

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Fozzy The Bear posted:

That is a very awful comparison.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

i think what hes saying is its sort of like putting your balls and dick in the way of someones foot to protect yourself from inside leg kicks

Yeah, but also Fozzy is correct that my comment was dumb and not interesting, I just noticed that right after the horn Wade was complaining to the ref about the back-of-the-head strikes, and the ref said like "I don't care, you moved your head to make that happen"

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Joe Rogan will soon wonder why fighters don't use the Diamond Cup defense.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

I.N.R.I posted:

Id agree that it is. Ive brought this up a million times but Shooto showed that even at 145, and lighter punches to the back of the head are destructive. I always think of a Lion Takeshi fight I saw when he got mounted and the guy turned over and he flurried on the back of the guys head. It was over. Its a trade off to me, because it significantly changes the value of back control, but i dont really want to see guys get killed just so the fights are a little more "real" or whatever. On the other hand I dont like the knees/elbows/punching rules because it lets guys drag the fight on and makes escaping more valuable than not getting into the position in the first place, to some extent

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Not one person chose Heather Jo Clark to win in Goonweight so she's probably going to win.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://twitter.com/RustamTheTiger/status/729373574511857665

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i dont remember who, but whoever said that most ufc women's fights have a lack of rhythm to them was right on the money,

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

Not one person chose Heather Jo Clark to win in Goonweight so she's probably going to win.

I also bet actual money she would lose, so that just about seals the deal.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

She's getting hosed up.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Clark is just surviving. I haven't seen effective offense beside pushing Polish Lady against the cage in a good while.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

Clark is just surviving. I haven't seen effective offense beside pushing Polish Lady against the cage in a good while.

Pushing people against the cage will get you remarkably far in some judges cards.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Stipe is going to win

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
lets go krylov

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lets go krylov

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
i like Krylov, because he comes from a chest punching karate background

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lets go krylov

Yeah

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Milk and egg warsh

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

afatwhiteloaf posted:

i like Krylov, because he comes from a chest punching karate background

both men are showing some outstanding sloppy flailing and kamikaze aggression

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Jon Anik's pronunciation of words and fighters is a constant loving bug bare of mine.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

reformed bad troll posted:

Ukrainian Jiu Jitsu is not strong.

Weak RNC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
At first I ironically liked Krylov but I've grown to like him for real

• Locked thread