Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

whyd he shoot in the last 10 seconds?

many guys do that because a late takedown can confuse the judges and steal a close round, even if there's no time to do anything with it

e: Tuck is fairly rangey for 155 (similar frame to Cerrone) but he doesn't seem to know how to use distance, he just stands there in the pocket

Schenck v. U.S. fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
That got weird and gross at the end

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont like emmet

He was doing really well then he got a kinda grotesque hand injury and he lost the will to fight. If the round had been a minute longer I think he'd have been stopped or maybe gotten a deduction for refusing to engage

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

he sounded pretty chilled out giving the interview so i duno what the problem is. plus he still has approximately 9 other fingers left, thats a lot.

he had a compound fracture on his left hand so he was in a great deal of pain and couldn't jab, grapple, or parry strikes

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

If a man can't jab or parry he should become a programmer as that's where the real money is at.

how would he code with only one working hand? I feel like this career plan is full of holes. imo more fighters should just train with Nick Newell, so they are prepared for these eventualities

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I don't think there's any way to fix it without endangering fighter safety, but it always bugs me when guys avoid GnP by intentionally turning the back of their head towards the strikes.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

i think what hes saying is its sort of like putting your balls and dick in the way of someones foot to protect yourself from inside leg kicks

Yeah, but also Fozzy is correct that my comment was dumb and not interesting, I just noticed that right after the horn Wade was complaining to the ref about the back-of-the-head strikes, and the ref said like "I don't care, you moved your head to make that happen"

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

afatwhiteloaf posted:

i like Krylov, because he comes from a chest punching karate background

both men are showing some outstanding sloppy flailing and kamikaze aggression

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

At first I ironically liked Krylov but I've grown to like him for real

I love this "work harder not smarter" style. When they were standing he just flung himself at Barroso, on the ground he just spazzed out with shoulder strikes, the headbutt to the chest (???), thrusting his limbs into submissions and blocking upkicks with his face. When he went for the rear naked he didn't even seem to try getting under the chin, he just locked it up on the jaw and tried to tear the head off. He's 24, so I am scared to imagine what he's going to look like when he's 30 if he doesn't figure out some way to inject technique into what he does.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

origami posted:

what steroids should I take for my mindfulness training?

FS1 is running a lot of ads for some kind of TRT protein shake that I guess makes men over 50 better at sex, that's probably worth a shot

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

attackmole posted:

Gunni starting quick for once. That hemotoma on Albert could get really gnarly in a round.

Nelson looks like he's already lost his bounce at the start of the second round

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

They just replayed the entire fight for you. Bigfoot can't take a shot at all anymore

As short as the fight was, I think Struve might have killed him three ways. It looked like when Bigfoot tried to rush inside Struve hurt him badly with the counter straight and the uppercut, then in the clinch he was hurt and had no control so Struve landed the knee that seemed to turn off his body like a light switch, then when Bigfoot was trying to recover and finish the takedown Struve elbowed him in the head in a million times and knocked him out cold.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

RACHET posted:

bigfoot should have retired after the first mark hunt fight

The insane damage he took in that fight might have finished his fighting career, he seems totally shot lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Overeem looked really scared and nervous there but I don't know how much you can read into facial expression during a fight

• Locked thread