Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

ShakeZula posted:

That was good, but the best part was the brief glimpse of the "Can a Bitch Get a Donut?" sign hanging backstage.
And the WATCH YOUR HEAD Farley sign.

I found it on Youtube, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8gOzaIOxTk

The premiere show guests have yet to be announced. My personal wish is that Bon Iver gets another go. His new album comes out the 30th, one day before the October 1st premiere. He was on Fallon last night and debuted "8 (Circle)."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

SNL director Don Roy King talks about making the show every week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOBYsbx7uGk

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

I like how he is packing the officer cookie jar they got for the hobbit office sketch

pwn
May 27, 2004

:siren: PREMIERE :siren:

October 1
Host: Margot Robbie
Musical Guest: The Weeknd

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

pwn posted:

:siren: PREMIERE :siren:

October 1
Host: Margot Robbie
Musical Guest: The Weeknd

Think they'll bring back "The Weeknd Update"?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Pinwiz11 posted:

Think they'll bring back "The Weeknd Update"?

That was probably the hardest I've laughed at SNL in years. So stupid, so simple, so funny.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I almost want to sit out Fred Armisen/Fred Armisen.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
:laffo:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/marcusjones/melissa-villasenor-racist-tweets?utm_term=.thB5dWjrO#.gtOVaxgQX

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I love it when someone goes all detective mode to dig up dirt and then dresses it as "gosh i went back a few days later and happened to notice there were less tweets, and then later it was unlocked and i found these bad tweets while looking at her past! (from 6 years ago). Like they weren't taking notes and then spending hours scrolling through years of tweets trying to find something. Based on the NBA tweets unearthed, twitter in 2009-2010 was a wild place.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
what is wrong with these people?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Why did they act like they were happy for them before going through an archive of thousands of tweets :psyduck:

pwn
May 27, 2004

By the way, NBC's schedule (which can always change) shows there being 4 live episodes to start off the season. It would make sense, as each date (10.1, 10.8, 10.15, 10.22) is the Saturday after a presidential or vice-presidential debate (9.26, 10.4, 10.9, 10.19.)

As of now, there aren't any special election- or politics-themed broadcasts scheduled. SNL Vintage debuts 10.1 then is pre-empted the next few weeks by other crap.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

I love it when someone goes all detective mode to dig up dirt and then dresses it as "gosh i went back a few days later and happened to notice there were less tweets, and then later it was unlocked and i found these bad tweets while looking at her past! (from 6 years ago). Like they weren't taking notes and then spending hours scrolling through years of tweets trying to find something. Based on the NBA tweets unearthed, twitter in 2009-2010 was a wild place.
If you notice 2000 tweets suddenly missing from a person's profile it's not crazy to dig and try to find out what was going on. Racism, given recent media stories, was always gonna be the likeliest explanation.

That said, in the first place I wouldn't screenshot a profile just because it was locked, but that's not the.. oddest thing, I guess.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

And the ones being brought up are the ones that didn't get culled, right? Gotta wonder what was in the 2,000 that were if those met the cut.

Maybe I'll start a company that outsources people's twitter profiles to the 3rd world as soon as they get famous, so 100 underpaid people can sieve through the history and get it cleansed in an hour.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That's what I thought too. 2,000 tweets is an insane number. I'm sure some of it is just banal stuff but there definitely had to be a ton of dirt in there.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Her current count is 3784 so, um, 2000 is quite a bit of content. :stare:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Don't they have autocleaner apps or something? Maybe she used one of those and it only went back 5 years or something.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Maybe she was using hyperbole and it wasn't really 2000 tweets.

Regardless I don't care very much about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

pwn posted:

Maybe she was using hyperbole and it wasn't really 2000 tweets.

Regardless I don't care very much about it.

5800 down to 3900.

I'm sure a lot of it is the type of personal stuff you'd post on Twitter that you wouldn't want anymore once you're on national TV. I mean it's obviously not just getting rid of a bunch of 'offensive' jokes since there's still a ton of those.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 25, 2016

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Watch for fun Alec Baldwin, Don Pardo and other SNL stories:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWdu7o7xWJA

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/781132814943125505

Also, apparently Trump will not be played by Darrell Hammond this weekend, but by Alec Baldwin instead.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Aphrodite posted:

5800 down to 3900.

I'm sure a lot of it is the type of personal stuff you'd post on Twitter that you wouldn't want anymore once you're on national TV. I mean it's obviously not just getting rid of a bunch of 'offensive' jokes since there's still a ton of those.

You put the scare quotes around the wrong word.

It's a weird and kind of dumb non-story since her TV career probably won't last beyond a year or two. But the only way those tweets could be written off as jokes is if she was using her personal twitter as a parody of a racist person as they were just somewhat racist statements.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

Also, apparently Trump will not be played by Darrell Hammond this weekend, but by Alec Baldwin instead.

Not just this week, the whole season (if necessary)!

quote:

__________ will debut his Donald Trump impression on the episode — a part he will play for the entire season, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Source

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpeDdqcU_VY

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

For those who don't listen to the radio, Twenty One Pilots are one of the recent 'completely overplayed to all hell and back' bands with one catchy song and nothing else to their name. They are this seasons Imagine Dragons. God I hate the musical booking on this show at times.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

For those who don't listen to the radio, Twenty One Pilots are one of the recent 'completely overplayed to all hell and back' bands with one catchy song and nothing else to their name.

By which El Bromance means six songs in the alt rock top 10, including 3 #1s and a #2.

blunt fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Sep 30, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

God they have that many? It all blurs together whenever I put the radio on. It's the worst part of driving long distance, knowing I'll hear that one song they did at least 5 times. My wife cackles with laughter every time it starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

New thread posted for tonight

• Locked thread