Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Peztopiary posted:

Sure, he was instead ethnically profiled by an idiot member of the public. Who lives in such fear that basic math causes her issues.

Yes, exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

kill whitey

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Nick Rivers posted:

Ricky held his breath while being administered the general anesthesia in order to experience the flight while conscious, and has been rendered completely insane.

Ricky confirms the terrible nature of the conscious flight, shrieking "It's more Muslim than you think, Dad! More Muslim than you think!"

Ricky then claws his own eyes out as he is wheeled away from his horrified family by several flight attendants.

omfg lol

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
around maths, never relax

Ancelm
Apr 10, 2016

You'll never take me alive, copper!

RedMage129 posted:

I think the woman should be executed for trying to make conversation with a stranger on a flight. Your only purpose on a plane is to shut the gently caress up, sit the gently caress down, and try your very hardest not to be a part of anyone else's experience.

Exactly. Everytime I get on a plane, I usually just put in my ear buds and try to drown out everyone around me. I hate it when people try to make awkward small talk.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Ancelm posted:

Exactly. Everytime I get on a plane, I usually just put in my ear buds and try to drown out everyone around me. I hate it when people try to make awkward small talk.

Have u tried being pleasant and handsome so that interacting with you improves people's mood?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

DonJNavarro posted:

the real crime here is perpetuating the myth that economists do any real math.

this guy gets it

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

The whole situation could have been avoided if we weren't in a constant state of fear of terrorism.

Stop victim blaming, you repugnant shitlord.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
Economists are terrorists though..?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Everyone knows all Ivy League economists are :siren: Marxists :siren:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ancelm posted:

I've actually had really awesome conversations on flights. :shrug:

mdm posted:

Everyone knows all Ivy League economists are :siren: Marxists :siren:

Not the ones who can do Math. :smaug:

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I've actually had really awesome conversations on flights. :shrug:

Not the ones who can do Math. :smaug:

uhh I think you missed

DonJNavarro posted:

the real crime here is perpetuating the myth that economists do any real math.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

mdm posted:

uhh I think you missed

The Marxists usually can do no Math, is the joke. A bad joke, I admit.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

AugmentedVision posted:

Have u tried being pleasant and handsome so that interacting with you improves people's mood?

yes it makes flying easy.

I once sat next to a retired army ranger and we talked the whole flight. he didn't want to tell cool war stories though just talk about libertarianism

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Toadvine posted:

yes it makes flying easy.

I once sat next to a retired army ranger and we talked the whole flight. he didn't want to tell cool war stories though just talk about libertarianism

that sounds horrible tho???

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Nah he was level headed and well informed, for a libertarian anyway.

We shared similar viewpoints on things like bloated defense spending, government corruption, media dishonesty.

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 9, 2016

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Toadvine posted:

media dishonesty

is there someone preventing "the truth" from being published or something? :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

mdm posted:

is there someone preventing "the truth" from being published or something? :ssh:

its more that many major media outlets will repeat the governments or sponsors stance on things knowingly, and that outside viewpoints are minimized or not acknowledged. the average american isnt going to go watch international news or reports from the area from overseas outlets and will just take at face value whatever cnn or fox or whomever says

• Locked thread