Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
If you've been gone for a month, you've missed this: .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

JiveHonky posted:

dont bump this thread anymore nobody cares
oh sorry dude i was just doing my thang but then you posted in this thread so like now I gotta be polite ad respond

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Captain Yossarian posted:

If you've been gone for a month, you've missed this: .

lol i lurked like a sad poverty ghost guess my av is more fitting than i knew

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
there is a christian subforum it's called the book barn

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
thread blew, OP knew

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Commie NedFlanders posted:

sometimes people talk about the Holy Spirit , and I feel that today The Holy Spirit guided me to focus on the book of Daniel. No clue why but i'm rollin with it. I am Hungry to Learn and be Filled Spiritually by the Bread of His Word

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Daniel

okay so there's a reverend Dr. Jerry Lynn I enjoy listening to while I do daily chores and stuff, who does straightforward bible study verse by verse with some but not too much additional info, (not DFW style. RIP)

well i was looking through all of his videos for some time before realizing he simply hadn't made a video of this book, hope he will

so I prayed about it, asked God to guide me to something that would speak to my soul as well as the souls of all who hear it.

and well here you go, I hope to learn something, I think this is a prophetic book so everybody grab your They Live shades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj2MCd_6RZQ

I liek psalty :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Igh2Kdox54

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Commie NedFlanders, next time you're banned for a month, why not use some of that time to write a funny joke to post on your return. :)

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

BigBadSteve posted:

Commie NedFlanders, next time you're banned for a month, why not use some of that time to write a funny joke to post on your return. :)

:ocelot:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

it doesn't get a lot more christian than BYOB

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm glad Awlaki is dead, OP. From the sound of things he had it coming.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Applewhite posted:

I'm glad Awlaki is dead, OP. From the sound of things he had it coming.

IMO he was a nice guy who because radicalized by the overly aggressive actions of our federal government towards him, his family, and of course the people of Iraq

also, at the end, he was no longer a nice guy, he was doing and saying very bad things that I disagree with strongly, but the ends do not justify the means

by assassinating a US citizen, with no formal legal proceedings or criminal charges, purely by executive action, Obama set a very dangerous precedent which allows the President to create Kill Lists including US citizens for his own secret reasons and execute said people on said list with extreme prejudice and no constitutional protections.

So yes, at the end of his life, Awlaki was kind of asking for it and should be rebuked for his words, but it wasn't him that died that day, it was the Rule of Law. The US made a Martyr out of him, when we could have just made him another lowly criminal. His legacy now speaks to the US undermining our own constitution, and future presidents, however insane they may be, will be glad to use these new executive powers.

Good luck with that

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
what caused the probation?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Awlaki wasn't executed secretly it was in all the newspapers for weeks even leading up to his death. He didn't have a trial but he did have due process in the form of being declared an enemy combatant.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

RaceBannon posted:

what caused the probation?

i trolled D&D ultra hard with a misleading thread title

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Applewhite posted:

Awlaki wasn't executed secretly it was in all the newspapers for weeks even leading up to his death. He didn't have a trial but he did have due process in the form of being declared an enemy combatant.

that's the worst part, no one seemed to give a poo poo, i was like :vince: while all these liberals cheered for the death of the constitution.

so that's it now? future presidents, dare i say, like Trump, can simply declare US citizens to be enemies of the state and have them executed with no charges, trials, or proceedings?

thanks a lot Constitutional Scholar in Chief Obama

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Dangerous criminals get shot by police all the time and never make it to trial. I don't see why Awlaki is different just because it was a drone instead of a cop.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

that's why i could not vote for him in 2012. he crossed a line in the sand for me.

liberals were flipping out telling me "YOU HAVE TO VOTE FOR OBAMA OR THE RETHUGLICANS WILL WINN"

i wasn't gonna play that party trap, i had a room full of Austin, TX liberals and i asked them :

"if a presidential candidate had an economic policy, domestic and foreign policy, and ideology you agreed with 100%, would you support him or her, even if they called a black man the n-word?"

they were like "ohhh noooooo..... that kind of language....i could never support someone who called a black man the n-word"

so i countered: "well i have a line in the sand too, my own limits that i cannot continue supporting someone, which is ASSASSINATING US CITIZENS WITHOUT ANY FORMAL LEGAL PROCEEDINGS OR CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTIONS, SETTING THE PRECIDENT FOR FUTURE PSYCHO PRESIDENTS"

then half the liberals fainted and peed their pants and the other half stood up and started clapping and followed me down to the voting booth to vote for Dr Jill Stein while I explained the basics of marxist economic theory and handed them their own pair of They Live woke shades

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Applewhite posted:

Dangerous criminals get shot by police all the time and never make it to trial. I don't see why Awlaki is different just because it was a drone instead of a cop.

police shoot criminals when they have no choice, if they can be brought in to face the law, that's ALWAYS the preferred option

he was not a threat to anyone and never harmed anyone directly, also, he was in prison already on false charges in Yemen, and the FBI knew it and visited him several times. They had him in a freaking cage, if they wanted to do things the proper way, they could have, but they didn't want to argue in court that his crime was saying bad words so instead of giving him a trial they purposefully let him go so they could drone strike him and whoops also drone strike his teenage american born son a lil while later for having a bad dad

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdGXDQ_8bSA

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

i don't want to defend this chump all the way, i think he deserved to be brought to trial for his supposed crimes and i would be satisfied with him facing the consequences of his actions by sitting in a prison cell

killing him was overkill, and doing so set an extremely dangerous precedent that can't be undone and now someone like Trump will have that same power thanks to President Haaaahvard Constitutional Law Obama

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

[nodding] yes, mhmm, uh huh, yep.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

the only things that killing him in that way accomplished was

1. doing more damage to the US than al queda ever could by breaking our own principles
2. making Awlaki into a martyr rather than a criminal thug, his death now witnessing to the injustice of the US empire
3. fertilizing the ground for a whole new generation of radical militants which we will have to fight in the future.

news flash obama: you can't kill a Hydra by chopping off it's most popular head!@

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Obongo kills US citizens and yet Ben Ghazi goes unpunished because he was a personal friend and E-mail correspondent of Hilary Clinton. LIEberals make me sick.

I'm just glad Jade Helm (AKA Operation conquer Texas and make it a federal territory) was foiled by the state's brave gunhavers.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Applewhite posted:

Obongo kills US citizens and yet Ben Ghazi goes unpunished because he was a personal friend and E-mail correspondent of Hilary Clinton. LIEberals make me sick.

I'm just glad Jade Helm (AKA Operation conquer Texas and make it a federal territory) was foiled by the state's brave gunhavers.

now you're just trying to bully me for being a southerner. i got mah edu-ma-cation and i'm not some conspiracy theorist Alex Jones watching loon, i'm just telling the truth friend

find where my reasoning is incorrect, and i'll say touché

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
Hello commie ned flanders. Hill Shills have totally overrun the election subform and bitchmench is flopping around on the ground covered in poo and pee and Obdicut is spinning around on his butt cheeks screaming about how hillary isn't under investigation for the email server and Pinterest mom is actually EATING HIS OWN PEE that he froze in the freezer so that he could eat it instead of drink it, and Concerned citizen made an apparatus that allows him to poop directly into the computer for his computer job.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

now you're just trying to bully me for being a southerner. i got mah edu-ma-cation and i'm not some conspiracy theorist Alex Jones watching loon, i'm just telling the truth friend

find where my reasoning is incorrect, and i'll say touché

Your premises are correct. US presidents should not be able to wield executive power to kill US citizens without trial, but I think your conclusions are faulty.

The President, CIA and various other federal organizations have overstepped their bounds in worse ways many times before this, and yet we still don't live in the Orwellian nightmare the doomsayers predict. If anything heralded the death of our constitutional rights, it was when MLK was assassinated by the FBI fifty years ago, or when the CIA secretly dosed US congressmen with LSD in an attempt to control their minds.

The well publicized elimination of a genuine threat to the US at the behest of some gray area rationalization is sort of the least of my worries or cares.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
New RSF should be a Christian forum imo, there's no safe space for Christians anymore in this cruel world.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Applewhite posted:

Your premises are correct. US presidents should not be able to wield executive power to kill US citizens without trial, but I think your conclusions are faulty.

The President, CIA and various other federal organizations have overstepped their bounds in worse ways many times before this, and yet we still don't live in the Orwellian nightmare the doomsayers predict. If anything heralded the death of our constitutional rights, it was when MLK was assassinated by the FBI fifty years ago, or when the CIA secretly dosed US congressmen with LSD in an attempt to control their minds.

The well publicized elimination of a genuine threat to the US at the behest of some gray area rationalization is sort of the least of my worries or cares.

touché goon sir

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Revenants Return posted:

Hello commie ned flanders. Hill Shills have totally overrun the election subform and bitchmench is flopping around on the ground covered in poo and pee and Obdicut is spinning around on his butt cheeks screaming about how hillary isn't under investigation for the email server and Pinterest mom is actually EATING HIS OWN PEE that he froze in the freezer so that he could eat it instead of drink it, and Concerned citizen made an apparatus that allows him to poop directly into the computer for his computer job.

i know mang, i saw it coming, that's i stopped posting there. they were losing their minds, mad with power, it's nothing but a pure house of mirrors of DNC liberalism.

it's a bunch of 6-figure income bad boys pushing everyone around about privilege and who's really helping to poor (it's hillary, because the blacks like her) and giving out probations to any real working class or people of color peeps who try to disagree with their Queen Bae

the irony levels have caused the place to collapse, it's ugly.

like every privileged liberal, they believe their status as "winning" retroactively justifies anything they do, it's chaos.

i wish the mods would listen and be humble but what do I know, i'm just a stupid 3D alien who loves Jesus and fair rules

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
it's less a forum, more of a colosseum

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
A month is a compliment. It means you oughta be banned, but were saved by your Redeeming Qualities.

While you've been probated in D&D for having bad opinions, it is kinda bogus that there is no list of common-opinions-that-are-too-bad-to-post-in-D&D. (And to answer your concern, transvestites or drag queens really do get some accusations of "appropriation"/basically doing blackface but with women.)

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Phyzzle posted:

A month is a compliment. It means you oughta be banned, but were saved by your Redeeming Qualities.

While you've been probated in D&D for having bad opinions, it is kinda bogus that there is no list of common-opinions-that-are-too-bad-to-post-in-D&D. (And to answer your concern, transvestites or drag queens really do get some accusations of "appropriation"/basically doing blackface but with women.)

why u threadbump this phyzzle. why

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

i know mang, i saw it coming, that's i stopped posting there. they were losing their minds, mad with power, it's nothing but a pure house of mirrors of DNC liberalism.

it's a bunch of 6-figure income bad boys pushing everyone around about privilege and who's really helping to poor (it's hillary, because the blacks like her) and giving out probations to any real working class or people of color peeps who try to disagree with their Queen Bae

the irony levels have caused the place to collapse, it's ugly.

like every privileged liberal, they believe their status as "winning" retroactively justifies anything they do, it's chaos.

i wish the mods would listen and be humble but what do I know, i'm just a stupid 3D alien who loves Jesus and fair rules

it's pretty great to watch the democrats turn into the big business party while the republicans turn into the insane rear end in a top hat party. i had somebody in that thread try to tell me businesses don't move to Delaware to avoid taxes but because their courts are just so darn good at business law lmao

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

big black turnout posted:

it's pretty great to watch the democrats turn into the big business party while the republicans turn into the insane rear end in a top hat party. i had somebody in that thread try to tell me businesses don't move to Delaware to avoid taxes but because their courts are just so darn good at business law lmao

There is absolutely nothing surprising about any of this with an elementary understanding of Marxism

I was calling this all along but they kept probating me so I just let them wallow in their own produce

Sadly, I've switched to Twitter for debate and discussion and spreading information and class consciousness @CommieFlanders

Wish this place could be better

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
there's a JC therad in ask/tell have you tried there op.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Sadly, I've switched to Twitter for debate and discussion and spreading information and class consciousness @CommieFlanders

bahahahahahahahahha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

This place was better, for a month. You see you were unable to post for a month. That's is the joke that you being gone improved gbs but get this it's not a joke hoo ah

• Locked thread