Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

warcrimes posted:

I must be getting whooshed here.

Once they were finally busted I should have said. SMU got repeatedly penalized by the NCAA for the same thing over and over again. As in not just penalized for the same thing that happened again and again before anyone (who cared) would do anything about it.

I think I intimated it's a pretty weak point, but that is why SMU got the death penalty, and (hopefully) it is not going on with Penn State.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

v2vian man posted:

Why don't you connect your mouse pointer with the drat log off button

lol

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Grittybeard posted:

Once they were finally busted I should have said. SMU got repeatedly penalized by the NCAA for the same thing over and over again. As in not just penalized for the same thing that happened again and again before anyone (who cared) would do anything about it.

I think I intimated it's a pretty weak point, but that is why SMU got the death penalty, and (hopefully) it is not going on with Penn State.

Ahh, I'm just dumb.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Grittybeard posted:

So some kid just has to volunteer a couple more times to make Penn State the fourth best football team in Pennsylvania instead of third best?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Eifert Posting posted:

Reminder: SMU is the one that got the death penalty.

Well, SMU is the one that committed violations that are within the NCAA's purview. PSU is the one that violated actual laws and had people sent to prison accordingly.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Doltos posted:

So some kid just has to volunteer a couple more times to make Penn State the fourth best football team in Pennsylvania instead of third best?

I think you're overestimating Pitt by a lot

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Doltos posted:

Temple - Bloomsberg- Lycoming - PSU. Sounds right.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Cthulhumatic posted:

Does Slippery Rock have a team?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Does Slippery Rock have a team?

They absolutely do!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I've actually been in their stadium.

It's only like 15 miles from where I grew up. I'm pretty sure 10 percent of my high school went there.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cthulhumatic posted:

You forgot Kutztown, Muhlenberg girls rugby, and a group of Lochhaven commuters that play football sometimes on the weekend.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

I can't believe you guys are forgetting about the West Chester Rams

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Kutztown sounds like where the yinzer prairie home companion is set

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

shiksa posted:

where the women are all strong, the men are all good looking, and the children are all succulent

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

where the women are all strong, the men are all good looking, and the children are all succulent

Sounds like a nice happy, valley town.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the children are all succulent

Uh what :confused:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
it's a parody of....eh never mind

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

shiksa posted:

Not even close. Its like an hour northwest of Philly. I can't even think of a place that you could set Yinzer Prairie Home Companion because its impossibly to conceptualize an idealized Yinzer environment that's still not a complete shithole. Maybe the South Side Slopes, which would still be pretty horrible.

Yinzers that are capable of being college educated are deposited in varying amounts at IUP, CalU, Clarion, Slippery Rock, and Robert Morris. In a way, the act of simply being accepted to Pitt, Penn State, and WVU (and Duquesne, to an extent) eliminates one from being a true Yinzer in the first place. IUP and Slippery Rock are...you know that song Big Rock Candy Mountain? They're like that, except replace everything he's singing about with booze, to a yinzer.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Sash! posted:

Not even close. Its like an hour northwest of Philly. I can't even think of a place that you could set Yinzer Prairie Home Companion because its impossibly to conceptualize an idealized Yinzer environment that's still not a complete shithole. Maybe the South Side Slopes, which would still be pretty horrible.

Yinzers that are capable of being college educated are deposited in varying amounts at IUP, CalU, Clarion, Slippery Rock, and Robert Morris. In a way, the act of simply being accepted to Pitt, Penn State, and WVU (and Duquesne, to an extent) eliminates one from being a true Yinzer in the first place. IUP and Slippery Rock are...you know that song Big Rock Candy Mountain? They're like that, except replace everything he's singing about with booze, to a yinzer.

huh weird, maybe pennsylvania is an immense shithole after all

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

v2vian man posted:

Tell me about it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Flikken posted:

Tell me about it.

you're the idiot who fell for it

#trolled

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Also, the answer you were looking for is this town.

It used to be the punchline to the unfunny uncle joke of "I heard Michael Jackson is going to move to Pennsylvania. Bought a place in DuBois." Wakka wakka.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Sash! posted:

Also, the answer you were looking for is this town.

It used to be the punchline to the unfunny uncle joke of "I heard Michael Jackson is going to move to Pennsylvania. Bought a place in DuBois." Wakka wakka.

it turns out the punchline shoulda been state college!!!

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

v2vian man posted:

you're from ohio you stupid bitch!!!!!

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
you love the child rapist so god damned much you named a city after him!!!!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Roasted Donut posted:

lots of towns are named after priests

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Roasted Donut posted:

This got me to look at city names for Pennsylvania and Ohio. Lmao there is a Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Metapod posted:

This got me to look at city names for Pennsylvania and Ohio. Lmao there is a Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania

Jim Thorpe ftw. Not the garbage rear end town, the man

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Roasted Donut posted:

OH SO NOW THERES A CITY NAMED NATE ELDER HUH

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
going up to children and playing the ying yang twins song about 'wait till you see my dick'

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Roasted Donut posted:

'wait till you see my dick'

Scientists imagine a microscope powerful enough to actually see atoms is still a generation away so its a long wait

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
love too blow on the bellies of the boys without father figures

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Sandusky is the Intercourse Pa.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Blarfk posted:

I can't believe you guys are forgetting about the West Chester Rams

The University of Penn Franklins would like to have a word.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Metapod posted:

Jim Thorpe is a sweet place to camp, there's lots of really nice hiking spots and giant waterfalls :)

Lote posted:

The University of Penn Franklins would like to have a word.

Um, do you mean the QUAKERS? smdh ...

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
For a long time when I saw references to Slippery Rock I assumed it was a Rivals-pun type nickname for some school.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Thermos H Christ posted:

For a long time when I saw references to Slippery Rock I assumed it was a Rivals-pun type nickname for some school.

Ironically it does have one

Slimy Pebble

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ironically it does have one

Slimy Pebble

Hell, people that go there call it that too.

You know how people will say "there's nothing to do there" about some small town? That's actually true with Slippery Rock. There is nothing there. Back in my party at Slippery Rock days, the only places to get something to eat were McDonald's and Subway. Now there's some brewpub, so they have three choices! That campus drank like a 19 on a scale of 1 to 10 too.

I shouldn't say there was nothing to do. I guess you could drive a mile out of town into one of the abandoned strip mines...and drink there.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Sash! posted:

Hell, people that go there call it that too.

You know how people will say "there's nothing to do there" about some small town? That's actually true with Slippery Rock. There is nothing there. Back in my party at Slippery Rock days, the only places to get something to eat were McDonald's and Subway. Now there's some brewpub, so they have three choices! That campus drank like a 19 on a scale of 1 to 10 too.

I shouldn't say there was nothing to do. I guess you could drive a mile out of town into one of the abandoned strip mines...and drink there.

Party at Slippery Rock, the criminally unappreciated prequel to Picnic at Hanging Rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan has adopted Slippery Rock like a brother. They always give score updates throughout the game and Slippery Rock played in The Big House a few years back.

• Locked thread