Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
A gay couple got beaten up by an uber driver 2 blocks away from me, because he didn't like gay people.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
this isnt background checks, which they definitely do OP because I was denied being a driver for a single non violent misdemeanor, this is strongarming them to become taxi companies that th ey were trying to replace in the first place. way to be a c orporate fuckpuppet you human being, this is why we cant have better things

enjoy your huge increase in drunk driving you loving retards

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Once I had to wait 15 minutes for a cab, gently caress all forms of regulation forever

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

this isnt background checks, which they definitely do OP because I was denied being a driver for a single non violent misdemeanor, this is strongarming them to become taxi companies that th ey were trying to replace in the first place. way to be a c orporate fuckpuppet you human being, this is why we cant have better things

they already ARE taxi companies you god drat retard

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Thin Privilege posted:

A gay couple got beaten up by an uber driver 2 blocks away from me, because he didn't like gay people.

lol, couldn't even take him 2 on 1?

way to play into the stereotype, guys

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

RaySmuckles posted:

they were too busy arguing about whose turn it was

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Lol

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I just looked it up, he was charged with assault, battery, AND use of a deadly weapon. Good job

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Thin Privilege posted:

I'm sure the Pakistani cabbies have more a favorable outlook on gays.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Thin Privilege posted:

I just looked it up, he was charged with assault, battery, AND use of a deadly weapon. Good job

So dog house is actually a windows 98 alt?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Thin Privilege posted:

Man i came into this thread having already made up my mind but now idk what to think about uber

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

RaySmuckles posted:

Seriously it's texas as a gay guy why would you not carry a gun

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

tenspott posted:

I'm sure the Pakistani cabbies have more a favorable outlook on gays.

The cabbies in my city are surprisingly well regulated with a ban hammer.

Mange Mite posted:

Man i came into this thread having already made up my mind but now idk what to think about uber

I just searched for "assault & battery uber" and got this

http://www.whosdrivingyou.org/rideshare-incidents

Fun times

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
While we're working on bypassing decades of labor reform and worker protections can we do something about this goddamn minimum wage poo poo it really makes my hamburgers expensive

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Mange Mite posted:

The hammer snags when they try to take it out of their purse :D

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

lol huge increase god i hope its you that gets hit because of it

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
There are precisely two reasons to get mad about uber:
1) you're a cabbie
2) you're a concern trolling edgelord

Yes, something awful forum posters, I totally believe that "muh regulation" is an issue that is important and near and dear to your heart.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I suppose you might also be upset because people who use uber generally have friends to go out and drink with

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

lol if you have to use these shitbag companies. Maybe if you didn't major in Womyn's Art History at Oberlin College you could afford a loving car like a real American.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Thin Privilege posted:

look, if you can't handle the free market move to communist Slovakia

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

enraged_camel posted:

they already ARE taxi companies you god drat retard

No, see, they're ride sharing services which are completely different than taxis because ______.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

muscles like this? posted:

No, see, they're ride sharing services which are completely different than taxis because ______.

Regulation

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thin Privilege posted:

lol and these fuckers actually want a tip.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Volume posted:

lol and these fuckers actually want a tip.

If he wanted the tip, he wouldn't have had a problem with them. :smuggo:

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
the one thing i do approve of with the islamification of the western world is that homosexuals should not be allowed to exist metaphorically or physically.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SaltLick posted:

god i hope its you that gets hit because of it

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

AugmentedVision posted:

There are precisely two reasons to get mad about uber:
1) you're a cabbie
2) you're a concern trolling edgelord

Yes, something awful forum posters, I totally believe that "muh regulation" is an issue that is important and near and dear to your heart.

do you think the laws and regulations concerning the cab business just came about for no reason and arbitrarily inflate the price of having your own temp chauffeur or what? Like you realize the reason these app services are cheaper is because they tried to circumvent decades worth of policies for worker's rights and passenger safety right.

e: also because they're operating at a temporary loss and will invariably just crank up prices if/when they succeed in becoming monopolies in their area. You have to be incredibly shortsighted and naive to think uber is a good longterm idea.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 8, 2016

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

ArbitraryC posted:

do you think the laws and regulations concerning the cab business just came about for no reason and arbitrarily inflate the price of having your own temp chauffeur or what? Like you realize the reason these app services are cheaper is because they tried to circumvent decades worth of policies for worker's rights and passenger safety right.

e: also because they're operating at a temporary loss and will invariably just crank up prices if/when they succeed in becoming monopolies in their area. You have to be incredibly shortsighted and naive to think uber is a good longterm idea.

2)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i loathe driving so i wish robot cars were released.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

funny how every cab driver's credit card machine is "down" until you insist on trying to pay that way, and then it magically works!

I use Uber because they show up on time and I don't have to use cash, I wouldn't mind paying the same rate as a taxi for the service.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The scheme with the machine down is that they're stealing from the company, right?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Professor Shark posted:

The scheme with the machine down is that they're stealing from the company, right?

That's correct professor

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Nice, that's dumb person logic: high risk, low reward

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Professor Shark posted:

Nice, that's dumb person logic: high risk, low reward

THis is why geniuses like me play the lottery. Low risk, high reward baby :cool:

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Saved lots of money and potential DUIs riding Uber don't know why this thread is full of retards Uber hating.

I guess what I'm trying to say is kill yourselves.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Runaktla posted:

Saved lots of money and potential DUIs riding Uber don't know why this thread is full of retards Uber hating.

I guess what I'm trying to say is kill yourselves.

This but uniroinicly

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Two lovely sides tearing eachother apart and apparently I need to care??

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
As long as this results in Austinite deaths, I'm for it

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Nooner posted:

lmao u mad you austin faglord? I cant believe anyone from California would move to your poo poo city but I do hope a whole ton more move there just to make you "r" words cry even more. Enjoy not having cheap and fast taxi services lol

Same.

Mange Mite posted:

It's true. Gun ownership trumps all other prejudice in Texas. Gunplay is the true way to assimilation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.
Uber and Lyft spent enough money to do 157,000 fingerprints and background checks, not to do fingerprint and background checks on what, 2000 people?

• Locked thread