Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Here comes a special boy!
Been a while since I've been round here, but just wanted to do an update on a project I was working on that some of you gave some input on about 18 months ago and is now finally complete.

Made a video explaining it all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyqxHC5MpaU

TL;DR I found a bunch of 100 year old glass plate negatives in an abandoned house, and reshot the house today. Here are some images of the plates, the house now, and some blending the two periods.

There's a full set of the images on my site here and if anyone happens to be in Sydney I'm actually holding an exhibition from now until the 29th with 30 prints and a slideshow of the 200+ glass negs.

Just wanted to say thanks a lot for the input a few of you gave in handling the negs and making something out of this project. Feels good to have it all come to completion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Looking forward to having a look at all the images in the site, I would have liked to make it up to Sydney to see the show.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006

Spedman posted:

Looking forward to having a look at all the images in the site, I would have liked to make it up to Sydney to see the show.

Thanks guy, where were you again, was it Melb? I'm there next weekend, and I'm hoping to have the show travel after Sydney so I'll let you know if it eventually ends up there.

Any tips for cool galleries in Melbourne that are interested in photography? I'll be contacting a bunch soon.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I remember when you started this project and I'm really glad to see you followed it through. These are great.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
This is disgustingly awesome. One of the coolest projects I've ever seen.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Lon Lon Rabbit posted:

Thanks guy, where were you again, was it Melb? I'm there next weekend, and I'm hoping to have the show travel after Sydney so I'll let you know if it eventually ends up there.

Any tips for cool galleries in Melbourne that are interested in photography? I'll be contacting a bunch soon.

Yep I'm down in Melb!

A few of galleries to chase down would be the Centre for Contemporary Photography and the Colour Factory both in Fitzroy, and if you want to aim big have a look at the Monash Gallery of Art. But there are lots and lots of galleries in the inner suburbs, particularly Carlton/Fitzroy/Collingwood/Richmond.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Man this is really cool. If you ever bring it all to Brisbane I'd love to come see it.

I especially like this

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

This is so rad and I am definitely in Sydney and so I will definitely go to check this out.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

Lon Lon Rabbit posted:

PCP are taking exhibition proposals at the moment http://www.pcp.org.au/PCP_Exhibitions/PCP_Exhibition_proposals.aspx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006

Spedman posted:

Yep I'm down in Melb!

A few of galleries to chase down would be the Centre for Contemporary Photography and the Colour Factory both in Fitzroy, and if you want to aim big have a look at the Monash Gallery of Art. But there are lots and lots of galleries in the inner suburbs, particularly Carlton/Fitzroy/Collingwood/Richmond.

Thanks a lot both of these are a big help!

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Man this is really cool. If you ever bring it all to Brisbane I'd love to come see it.

Thanks guy I will let you know.

elgarbo posted:

This is so rad and I am definitely in Sydney and so I will definitely go to check this out.

It's probably too short notice but I'll be at the gallery from 11am-1pm tomorrow if you wanna come say hi! Back to Tokyo on tuesday unfortunately so won't be around Sydney for the last couple weeks of the show.

• Locked thread