Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I don't, social media is really awful.

pretty good aggro deck
Dec 31, 2007

Extinct!
I use it to consume media, socially

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
To tell the people that James Woods is addicted to cocaine

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i check Facebook for general updates on people i know and bands i listen to, YikYak to see what's going on around campus and for having short conversations, and SnapChat to communicate with close friends

if Steam counts, then i also use that to talk with close friends as well as for vidya

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i deleted everything but snapchat. those loving faceswap filters man.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I use social media to push women who are interested in getting to know me away

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I enjoy the Twitter for telling people I follow that I also like thing when they talk about thing I like.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I use facebook to chat with my friends because I don't use my phone for anything outside of recieving calls related to work or big deal stuff. I also use facebook to view ironic memes, post jokes or photoshop stuff I work on (more for my own reasons).

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
A vanilla facebook is basically mandatory nowadays because it's a red flag to not have one during interviews along with a linked in or whatever other bullshit.

Other than that, gently caress social media. Most friends have retreated to game based poo poo like Discord, corporate poo poo like Slack, or even old school IRC because the hell with seeing constant pics of people with their butt ugly kids and someone's random wedding pics from 5 years ago that get re-posted at least once a week for some reason.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

lmbo if you need facebook to get a job.

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
I use facebook to keep in touch with friends and be active in my interests.

Pinterest and LinkedIn I used because I am paid to manage those on behalf of my boss, which I guess is p sweet because I don't know anyone else who is paid to do work on either of those sites.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Avalanche posted:

A vanilla facebook is basically mandatory nowadays because it's a red flag to not have one during interviews along with a linked in or whatever other bullshit.

I dont believe this to be true.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I just tweeted you "The Answer". Is specifically stating ""

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Facebook is good to have since I have a bunch of out-of-state friends. Everyone under 40 wants out of Idaho.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I used to use Facebook so girls I had sex with could stalk me, now I use snapchat to make girls I want to have sex with stalk me

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I made a FB account a few years ago because an old friend I'd run into was bugging me about it, so I added him. When I checked it a few days later I had a ton of friend requests for people I hadn't talked to in years. I started to accept them, but then realized that if I hadn't talked to them in years I probably hadn't like them all that much anyway. I never went back.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.

Is this really me now? gently caress.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

i use Facebook because you need it for tinder and that's really about it

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i just opened facebook and first thing was some idiot political thing from an idiot girl i went to idiot college with.

so i'm not sure how to answer your question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I use Facebook but a bunch of my friends are about to have kids in the next few months, so I'll probably delete it then because I don't want to see a million baby pictures and boring stories about babies

• Locked thread