Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

MiracleWhale posted:

this thread is proof positive that God does not exist, suck on that pascal

:objection:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
joan osborne should re-release "what if god was one of us" updated for 2016

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

look maybe you just aren't ready for metaphysics and ontology if you aren't gonna love God and love thy neighbor

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
love thy Trump

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Commie NedFlanders posted:

secular liberal capitalism has led to Trump, thanks a lot guys, repent now!! read about moses

stop chopping off foreskins, let my people grow

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

mdm posted:

stop chopping off foreskins, let my people grow

i lol'd

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
2 revenant returns threads are topping gbs with multiple pages you guys really are stupid as poo poo.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

loving God and knowing God is both believing in Him and following his Law, by faith, we Christians believe we can receive forgiveness for our sins and be made pure and clean in the eyes of God, as if we were without sin, such a gracious free gift is humbling, and out of love we seek to follow his Law to honor and glorify Him who saved us

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
It's actually mellowed out a LOT compared to how it was when I joined. A lot less rabid, nowhere near as assholish and extreme.

I credit the liberal use of the Banhammer over the years. Plus the end of the Bush/Neocon era in the states, the fact that the Internet Generation are no longer pissy teens and early twenty somethings flaunting their new un-religion way of life, and the rise of 4chan and Redditt being a place where shitheads of all stripes can go post without the :10bux: blocker.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

loving God and knowing God is both believing in Him and following his Law, by faith, we Christians believe we can receive forgiveness for our sins and be made pure and clean in the eyes of God, as if we were without sin, such a gracious free gift is humbling, and out of love we seek to follow his Law to honor and glorify Him who saved us

Sounds pretty dumb to me :shrug:

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

I wish i was a fish

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

OctoberBlues posted:

WHat if the entire universe is just a speck of poo poo on a dog's rear end and as soon as the dog licks his rear end we'll all disappear???

Then "God" truly is "Dog" spelled backwards

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

same but replace god with satan

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
s/he does help me out sometimes

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

JiveHonky posted:

Sounds pretty dumb to me :shrug:

well it works for me, it's saved my life and transformed me from the inside out and shaped me into a new person with purpose and a sense of courage , i feel like i can be of some value to people somehow now, by the grace of God

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Not believing in God doesn't make you smarter than people who do believe in God, but it's blindingly obvious that God doesn't exist, so atheists are correct on the God issue.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

i was nothing but a filthy unrepentant sinner wallowing in my own lack and shame and combination of the two

at least now i feel like i know real love and joy and sincerely feel my stupid lil life is precious

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

That gay

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

im gay

just making sure the word filter still works

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
you say you have shed your lack of shame yet you still make bad posts? :shrug:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

The Dennis System posted:

Not believing in God doesn't make you smarter than people who do believe in God, but it's blindingly obvious that God doesn't exist, so atheists are correct on the God issue.

you're naming God as a thing which may or may not exist but the very identity of God is "I AM" or Being, as such.

to deny God is to deny all being entirely, it's nihilistic

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
*ignores most of human civilization and a full half of reality because black science man and the pretend scientist I used to watch in grade school are memes now*

*has miserable unfulfilled life*

*kills self and is reborn as poo poo posting caterpillar*

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

i was nothing but a filthy unrepentant sinner wallowing in my own lack and shame and combination of the two

at least now i feel like i know real love and joy and sincerely feel my stupid lil life is precious

Is your micropenis part of His plan?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

you're naming God as a thing which may or may not exist but the very identity of God is "I AM" or Being, as such.

Well if you define God the way I do, you see...

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Believing in God is a mental failing op but doing spiritual work is admirable even if it is for naught

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

JiveHonky posted:

Is your micropenis part of His plan?

it was last night

the plan was apparently was a flop

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

mdm posted:

Well if you define God the way I do, you see...

I wasn't taught this in school, I believe was led to this by the Holy Spirit, and that Christ allowed me to know God as his chosen children do.

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I thought 2013 reg dates were terrible jfc.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I didn't hear anything out of you to refute that other than nuh Uh!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mdm posted:

you say you have shed your lack of shame yet you still make bad posts? :shrug:

I have shame

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I have shame

you should tell me that
what the hell do I pay you for

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Its 2016 why aren't you a buddhist trying to end the cycle of suffering via ascetic non-materialism? If you don't achieve nirvana you'll continue to shitpost every reincarnation.

Throw out your computer. Give away all your material possessions. Stop burgin' and meditate on the suffering of existence.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Dude, what?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

Its 2016 why aren't you a buddhist trying to end the cycle of suffering via ascetic non-materialism? If you don't achieve nirvana you'll continue to shitpost every reincarnation.

Throw out your computer. Give away all your material possessions. Stop burgin' and meditate on the suffering of existence.

I want to hit you with a golf club

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Colonel Cancer posted:

never stop burgin :911:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

your thomas the tank tracks crossed themselves, got spooked

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I want to hit you with a golf club

no play golf with the golf clubs

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

I wasn't taught this in school

Neither was I :confused:

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I have shame

you should

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

that happened with Moses I think

but also God killed a guy for jerking off on a rock so there's that

quote:

ut Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the Lord's sight; so the LORD put him to death. Then Judah said to Onan, “Lie with your brother's wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to produce offspring for your brother.” But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so whenever he lay with his brother's wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from producing offspring for his brother. What he did was wicked in the Lord's sight; so he put him to death also. (Genesis 38:7-10, NIV)

that's a lot of putting to death, you know? maybe God is actually eazy goddam e, because u know eazy e didn't believe in nutting on the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
god hates fags just a heads up to everyone in this thread

• Locked thread