Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This game comes out tomorrow and didn't have a thread so here, is one.

Multiplayer is a pretty big deal in Naughty Dog games and tends to be really popular, so if nothing else I figure it would be good to have a place to talk about that.

Or make lovely posts about games not being movies. But probably don't do that. Because everyone's already heard it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Gonna buy this game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I bet everyone ends up finding the game underwhelming and didn't meet the overwhelming hype, plus the endless screenshots comparing the graphics to the E3 2014 teaser.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I was going to name the thread "Drake Dies at the End", but then I realized that some people might think that's an actual spoiler and not just a joke.

Although it also could be a spoiler, I'm pretty sure someone is gonna die at the end and it's probably 50/50 him or Sully.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
They teased Sully's death so hard in the last one that it would be a big wet flop to actually kill him now. They obviously want us to think that Nate might die, but I'd put my money on Sam if anyone.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

effervescible posted:

They teased Sully's death so hard in the last one that it would be a big wet flop to actually kill him now. They obviously want us to think that Nate might die, but I'd put my money on Sam if anyone.

You think Nate's new surprise brother is not gonna die? I hope they learned from Last of Us and there's no bad guys running around in full body armor.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

I bet everyone ends up finding the game underwhelming and didn't meet the overwhelming hype, plus the endless screenshots comparing the graphics to the E3 2014 teaser.

Sort of like 3 then.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
That Madagascar preview was really pretty and looked promising in terms of exploration, but Uncharted games are perfect for rentals or the bargain bin - unmatched spectacle (on Playstation anyway) that's worth seeing but not enough replay value to warrant spending $60.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Renting is a good idea. I wasn't too impressed by uncharted 3 when I got it for free whenever it was for free for PS plus.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm going to buy this game tomorrow and most likely enjoy it.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I pre-ordered a while ago on amazon, but I really don't know any details of the game, just that I enjoyed the first three. Does anyone know what kind of co-op play this might contain? Either a handful of the single player scenarios that you can play with friends or wave-based fighting against computer opponents with teammates? I know previous ones had some online stuff but don't recall if there was ever a local split-screen option.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

I never played the Uncharted games, so I picked up the Nathan Drake Collection over the weekend and it's a lot of fun. I finished the first game pretty quickly. The gunplay was pretty sluggish, but the game is pretty old so whatever. I'm enjoying the second one so far, as well.

I won't get Uncharted 4 on release since I'm still working through the older games, but I'm really looking forward to 4. The multiplayer should be a lot of fun, if it's anything like The Last of Us (which I also need to replay at some point).

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Tenzarin posted:

You think Nate's new surprise brother is not gonna die? I hope they learned from Last of Us and there's no bad guys running around in full body armor.

He comes off as kind of a shifty jerk trying to paint Nate's wife and father figure as people who just don't understaaaaand him the way Sam does, so I can see him redeeming himself by dying to save Nate or something. I don't think it's a given that anyone important dies, though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

surprisingly this is low on my hype list since 2016 is absolutely stacked with cool poo poo but I loved Uncharted 2 and enjoyed watching my bro hateplay through Uncharted 3. U4 should be quite fun too and the multiplayer will tide me over til Overwatch. I just really love the new grapple and winch poo poo from that demo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tenzarin posted:

Renting is a good idea. I wasn't too impressed by uncharted 3 when I got it for free whenever it was for free for PS plus.

Supposedly they fixed the worst flaw of 3, which is that you essentially spent the entire game running to the next setpiece and it never felt like you were supposed to chill out and just explore something.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
I'm going to be mostly playing the single player tonight but anyone who is down for Uncharted Multiplayer and is also friendly are welcome to join my community "Ludo & the Narrative Dissonance". from now until the end of the week or so I'll just have it on auto-accept and then I'll turn it back to invite only. I'll probably invite people who aren't goons too if I meet any nice ones. you can find it with my PSN name samuraipaul if you have trouble searching for it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Uncharted 4 has a returning sequence from Uncharted 3 where you play as child Nathan Drake. Everyone hated this part, wtf Naughty Dog? :/

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i liked it the roof top escape was really cool

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There's a great part right after that I appreciated a cool transition from child Drake to adult Drake and then Drake is punched in the face. Total homage to a great scene to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I didnt mind playing as kid Nate.

Sully owns.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I am so goddamn pumped. The plot looks incredibly predictable but if they fixed the pacing issues I took from Uncharted 3, I could not care any less.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I have never played an Uncharted game but it looks like a cross between Assassin's Creed and Just Cause 3 so I bought it.

I didn't even know it had multiplayer.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Uncharted 4 has a returning sequence from Uncharted 3 where you play as child Nathan Drake. Everyone hated this part, wtf Naughty Dog? :/

I loved that part so I'm a ok with that.

Doctor Butts posted:

I have never played an Uncharted game but it looks like a cross between Assassin's Creed and Just Cause 3 so I bought it.

It's not really much like either, but it's good so don't sweat it.

The multiplayer is also good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If I start drinking right about now I should be the proper level of buzzed to :neckbeard: like a little kid at the pretty pictures

Camping.. Intense!
May 18, 2005

Absolutely
Grimey Drawer
Oh good there is a thread, i just picked this up at Lunch and will be home in approx 3 hours to get stuck in! I loved my first playthrough of all the Uncharted games but then when i picked up the collection and played through again i did notice the way you run from one setpiece to the other so hopefully this is a bit more free roaming.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I'm sad that co-op multiplayer won't be added until the fall. I'm not a fan of deathmatch/CtF/plunder and really only played co-op with my friends online.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

5 gig patch are you fuckin kidding me?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ugh, I really wish I could preload patches for when I get home from work.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Heads up if you start playing without the patch there are some annoying audio bugs.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Getting on this now; will update yall on the status of housebroken Natty D.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I don't know why I bought this I never played any of the previous games but im getting my wisdom teeth out this week and it sounds like a good game to zone out and play on painkillers

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

MeatwadIsGod posted:

That Madagascar preview was really pretty and looked promising in terms of exploration, but Uncharted games are perfect for rentals or the bargain bin - unmatched spectacle (on Playstation anyway) that's worth seeing but not enough replay value to warrant spending $60.

Call me a cynical cheapass, but games like Uncharted that are made too much like a movie are certainly entertaining to watch for at least once on Youtube, but like you said not so much for paying to actually play it firsthand.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Nathan and Sam are Michael and Trevor from GTAV if the latter pair weren't loving psychos.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Doctor Butts posted:

Lmao at this comparison. I'm picking up the game tomorrow

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I enjoy actually playing the Uncharted games so no, watching it on YouTube does not replicate the experience for me.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Chapter 4

"What is that, a fox?" "Bandicoot." "It looks like a fox in jeans."

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Lmao if you zoom in on a mirror Drake checks himself out.

Edit- Oh he does a lot of stuff

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 07:05 on May 10, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

drat this game is gorgeous

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Seriously how do people watch games on Youtube?

Ahh. Multiplayer is still fun as hell. I was a little sad when the beta went offline it's good to be back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

NESguerilla posted:

Seriously how do people watch games on Youtube?

I used to think it was all the teens with all the spare time and no money who just wanted to experience new games as they came out but the older I've gotten the more I've realized it's cranky 30 somethings who are too tired once they get home from work so they'd rather see someone else do the leg work :classiclol:

• Locked thread