Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Murmur Twin posted:

Read the sentence where each person dies and it more or less reveals who killed them. The last two kills have been "thrown in the slammer" which makes me think FBI which makes me think it's a shine free kill.

Then, re-read TQ's and AR's posting and explain to me why they hammered AR if they feel so strongly about Dongsbot. Isn't the most obvious explanation that they wanted to be in a final 5 with Dongs so they could just keep votes on the easiest person to fake a case on?

I very much want to hear TQ and AR case each other.

:ghost: you're all garbage people that's my case :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Or I thought that AR and dongsbot were the last two scum and was fine with either being lynched?

I can't case anyone until tonight so please don't turbo in the mean time.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Jimson posted:

Glowku doesn't seem as scum as he did now that AR flipped. loving TQ just seems like super scum god to me after paying attention to his posting, like can you look back and see any one thing at all that would lead you to thing TQ is scum? I don't like that I can't

TQ and Glowku could basically play like town for most of the game because AA outed himself and they still have scum to hunt. The only time their scumminess would start to manifest is when they're the only scum team left, and the way it would manifest is for them to try and keep the vote off each other. By constantly going after Dongsbot who isn't going to defend himself, it gives them an easy fake case to use to avoid suspicion.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Truth Quark posted:

Or I thought that AR and dongsbot were the last two scum and was fine with either being lynched?

I can't case anyone until tonight so please don't turbo in the mean time.

GIve us a good reason why, I want details and I want you to describe every bodily fluid involved.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Murmur Twin posted:

TQ and Glowku could basically play like town for most of the game because AA outed himself and they still have scum to hunt. The only time their scumminess would start to manifest is when they're the only scum team left, and the way it would manifest is for them to try and keep the vote off each other. By constantly going after Dongsbot who isn't going to defend himself, it gives them an easy fake case to use to avoid suspicion.

good point, the problem is. If there are 2 scum, we can't ever win. Because if we assume dongsbot is town, their is no way for us to vote for anyone but Truth.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
lol or both of us suspect the one guy who hasn't cased anyone, done any scum hunting, or posted anything helpful for town all game. It's not a far fetched theory.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Absurd Revolver posted:

:ghost: you're all garbage people that's my case :ghost:

And in the event that AR is still reading the thread, I'm so sorry I always drive mislynches on you :ohdear: :eng99:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
The fact that Jimson and DB are so happy to throw their vote around willy nilly makes me think they are the last two scum.

Either way, AR/DB or Jimson/DB, DB is still scum. I'm happy with my currently phantom vote.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Truth Quark posted:

The fact that Jimson and DB are so happy to throw their vote around willy nilly makes me think they are the last two scum.

Either way, AR/DB or Jimson/DB, DB is still scum. I'm happy with my currently phantom vote.

Ar's not in the game anymore truth Glowku is,
MMT, Jimson, Glowku,Dongs,Truth No ar in here at all

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Here's some quick Mafia math, assuming Jimson's investigation holds up (which I'm more and more believing to be true):

If Dongs = scum, I don't think that Glowku or TQ is his scumbro because that would have to be the greatest long con ever. So to me, the only scenario where Dongs is scum is if he's acting alone, and if that's the case we can afford a mislynch. We can't lose the game on this turn if we keep Dongs alive.

The only way we can lose the game on this turn is if Glowku / TQ are both scum and we mislynch Dongsbot here. :siren:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Jimson posted:

Ar's not in the game anymore truth Glowku is,
MMT, Jimson, Glowku,Dongs,Truth No ar in here at all

I'm not an idiot, AR/DB was my theory yesterday. My point was DB is a common factor in both groups.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

lol or both of us suspect the one guy who hasn't cased anyone, done any scum hunting, or posted anything helpful for town all game. It's not a far fetched theory.

To be clear, are you saying you have a town read on Glowku? Why or why not?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

Here's some quick Mafia math, assuming Jimson's investigation holds up (which I'm more and more believing to be true):

If Dongs = scum, I don't think that Glowku or TQ is his scumbro because that would have to be the greatest long con ever. So to me, the only scenario where Dongs is scum is if he's acting alone, and if that's the case we can afford a mislynch. We can't lose the game on this turn if we keep Dongs alive.

The only way we can lose the game on this turn is if Glowku / TQ are both scum and we mislynch Dongsbot here. :siren:

The problem is, if thats the case, and we assume dongs is town We literally have no choice but to lynch Truth Quartz because there is no way either of them will vote each other out so we have to use the vote given to us by Dongsbot9000 who is now refusing to vote.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Jimson posted:

The problem is, if thats the case, and we assume dongs is town We literally have no choice but to lynch Truth Quartz because there is no way either of them will vote each other out so we have to use the vote given to us by Dongsbot9000 who is now refusing to vote.

That's true, but in the event that they're scumbos that's a good thing. And if they're not scumbos we still have another game day to get it right (unless Glowku/DB are the last two but I don't really buy that)

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

That's true, but in the event that they're scumbos that's a good thing. And if they're not scumbos we still have another game day to get it right (unless Glowku/DB are the last two but I don't really buy that)

which is also true, If this isn't lylo there is literally no way we can lose, because it goes to 3, we vote out who ever voted last, unless its me or you, and then if we get lucky we win, we will literally have a confirmed town in the final 3 no matter what if they are scumbros.

If not then we just made a mislynch, but there is only 1 left and we can go again next night.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Honestly MMT I saw we just lnych one of them. No matter what we have 2 confirmed town, me and you. I honestly trust you and if I am wrong then you played amazing and town didn't deserve to win in the first place.
If we kill one of them, and they are town then that means Scum only as 1 person left, and we are guaranteed to have a confirmed town in the final 3 then it just comes down to lynching the right person because everyone but you will vote for the other guy.

If one of them is scum, then we won't lose, and we are put in the same situation. Guaranteed confirmed town, and we are in the same situation. There is literally no way for us to stop this from going 3 either we guess wrong, and they completely destroy us, or we guess right, and we win. Or we guess wrong and it goes to final 3.

If we are voting for someone, I say we vote for Quartz, because he's the only person with content who hasn't had a hardcore case on them.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Jimson posted:

which is also true, If this isn't lylo there is literally no way we can lose, because it goes to 3, we vote out who ever voted last, unless its me or you, and then if we get lucky we win, we will literally have a confirmed town in the final 3 no matter what if they are scumbros.

If not then we just made a mislynch, but there is only 1 left and we can go again next night.

I've been playing this whole endgame feeling stumped because none of it made sense to me. Right now the narrative of Glowku/TQ as the remaining two scum makes a lot of sense to me:

(a) I think Glowku scumslipped when he thought that Dongsbot was voting for him instead of TQ
(b) It would explain Glowku dropping an immediate vote on Dongsbot (hoping to drive a mislynch before town caught on)
(c) It would give proper context to how the AR vote went down (TQ/Glowku wanted to keep their fake case victim alive)
(d) They're both tunnelling hard on Dongs - something I would probably do if I were scum - but seem reluctant to case each other.

My brain says "hold off and wait for them to argue their cases" but my heart says I'm right and wants to find out.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Jimson posted:

Honestly MMT I saw we just lnych one of them. No matter what we have 2 confirmed town, me and you. I honestly trust you and if I am wrong then you played amazing and town didn't deserve to win in the first place.
If we kill one of them, and they are town then that means Scum only as 1 person left, and we are guaranteed to have a confirmed town in the final 3 then it just comes down to lynching the right person because everyone but you will vote for the other guy.

If one of them is scum, then we won't lose, and we are put in the same situation. Guaranteed confirmed town, and we are in the same situation. There is literally no way for us to stop this from going 3 either we guess wrong, and they completely destroy us, or we guess right, and we win. Or we guess wrong and it goes to final 3.

If we are voting for someone, I say we vote for Quartz, because he's the only person with content who hasn't had a hardcore case on them.

I buy all of this. ##vote TQ

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

##vote Truth QUartz *cross fingers*

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Murmur Twin posted:

Jimson posted:

Good job! You guys solved the puzzle!

Tell me that Truth Quark, a bastion of apparent competency and Mafia-dadness in the first few days hasn't already figured that out. Tell me that he honestly, like for some un-understandable reason like MMT did, thought that AR's claim made ANY sense as a scum player. "Oh, double-voting is always a scum power so that's why you must be scum, even though you are literally throwing the game away as a scum player. Fake-claiming is hard so Scumbo Revolver has to include a kernel of truth: the literal most scummy part of his tell." Mayor Glowku then swoops in with a very solid quick-hammer before I could berate you guys yesterday. You guys are stupid. MMT and jimson, you two are loving morons. You're in the last five because you're very stupid. I have two mondo tests in sixteen hours and I'm not going to hold your hand through this. TQ is scum. Glowku is probably scum. Regardless of what you want to do, you HAVE to lynch TQ today because I am NOT changing my vote unless you want to lose today which is fine by me. I originally was going to type a mean post tonight but I went with my better nature and left ya'll with a shalom aleichem. I RESCIND IT.

cya. Wish me luck on my tests.

Oh, it looks like you guys figured it out! At least MMT has his head straight. Good job, guys. :) Don't read the striked-through text because now I'm proud of ya'll.

as-salamu alaykum

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

lol i shouldve just been confident you guys would do the right thing i got so worried

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I say, chap, that appears to be the crimson mallet for Truth Quark.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Good job! You guys solved the puzzle!

Tell me that Truth Quark, a bastion of apparent competency and Mafia-dadness in the first few days hasn't already figured that out. Tell me that he honestly, like for some un-understandable reason like MMT did, thought that AR's claim made ANY sense as a scum player. "Oh, double-voting is always a scum power so that's why you must be scum, even though you are literally throwing the game away as a scum player. Fake-claiming is hard so Scumbo Revolver has to include a kernel of truth: the literal most scummy part of his tell." Mayor Glowku then swoops in with a very solid quick-hammer before I could berate you guys yesterday. You guys are stupid. MMT and jimson, you two are loving morons. You're in the last five because you're very stupid. I have two mondo tests in sixteen hours and I'm not going to hold your hand through this. TQ is scum. Glowku is probably scum. Regardless of what you want to do, you HAVE to lynch TQ today because I am NOT changing my vote unless you want to lose today which is fine by me. I originally was going to type a mean post tonight but I went with my better nature and left ya'll with a shalom aleichem. I RESCIND IT.

cya. Wish me luck on my tests.

Oh, it looks like you guys figured it out! At least MMT has his head straight. Good job, guys. :) Don't read the striked-through text because now I'm proud of ya'll.

as-salamu alaykum

I'm real-life laughing so hard that I'm crying at this post.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Did uh... did.. did dongsbots9000 just show us up?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 7 :beerpal:

Truth Quark (3): Jimson, Jimson, dongsbot 9000, Murmur Twin, Jimson
dongsbot 9000 (0): Jimson, Jimson, Jimson, Jimson
Mayor Glowku (0): Jimson, Jimson

Not Voting (2): Mayor Glowku, Truth Quark :rubshands:

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 19th, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 12 minutes.

After the revelation that the Lieutenant Governor was the head of the local Mafia family, the government of New York came under heavy scrutiny from all sides - including a formal inquiry from Washington D.C., rumored to be directly ordered by President Wilson himself.

Oddly enough, it might have been the best possible thing for the state - the loss of their leadership combined with the witch hunt all but completely destroyed the Mafia's influence in New York for many years to come.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What a day. Short, and yet intense. Brows are wiped, as everyone stumbles home after throwing one more person out of the bar.

quote:

Michael barked out commands. "I want two agents at each of the exits. Hit anyone who comes out with Dull - I don't need to deal with any civilians suddenly throwing lightning at us. Ron, Jacob, you're with me. We storm the front door. Remember, our target has already killed five people, so keep an eye out and keep your head down - no one is getting incinerated on my watch."

Michael moved into position, grip tightening on his Dull dart gun. "Remember, Shiners have no discipline - they rely too much on the drink and not enough on themselves. They're weak, and it's our duty to save them from themselves. Let's go!"

:rip: Truth Quark, aka Michael McTigue, FBI-Aligned Shine Roleblocker, was banned from Morrow's Pub on Day 7! :rip:

Night 7 begins now. Get me your actions or lack thereof ASAP, for the love of god.

Morrow's Pub will reopen when I get all actions. Don't keep me waiting, please.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
For the record, my fake claim wasn't fake.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

It's another day. Not much else to say. Worn down as you might all be by the tensions of the last week, you're back at Morrow's Pub again. After all, Shine is worth it - at least, that's what you keep telling yourselves.

Change the world, one way or another. The power's in your hands, just as it slips away from someone else's...

quote:

Robert concentrated for a second on the glass, before sliding it across the bar towards Emily. "Emily, you're the precog - tell me with a straight face that Shine couldn't make the world a better place. Imagine it! Doctors able to heal infections with a touch, pyrokineticists making steel without needing coal, and more. Everything would become easier! People would be more productive - the new work week would be twenty hours!"

His customer carefully drank the valuable liquor. "Telepathic politicians stealing the secrets of their rivals, hitmen causing undetectable heart attacks in their targets, bank robbers walking right through a vault door."

Robert shook his head. "I'm sure people said the same thing about steam engines and the wheel. Sure, change is a mixed bag, but the world does just keep getting better. It's all about the people, in the end - Shine is just another way to let them change the world."

:rip: Jimson, aka Robert Morrow, Town-Aligned Shine Bartender {Voting Modifier} was thrown in the slammer on Night 7! :rip:

:beerpal: Day 8 has begun! Deadline is TODAY, Thursday, May 19th, at 9:00 PM EDT. :beerpal:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 8 :beerpal:

Not Voting (3): dongsbot 9000, Mayor Glowku, Murmur Twin :rubshands:

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 19th, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 3 minutes.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hahaha wow LYLO with Glowku two games in a row. :glomp:

Unfortunately I feel like this one is probably going to end differently.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##vote Mayor Glowku

alright, mmt. i trust you.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I feel reasonably confident in this. ##vote Glowku :redhammer:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
##vote jimson

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

:ghost:I just pooed a little :ghost:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

:gary::redhammer::yarg:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm mildly peeved because if the thread had opened yesterday or this evening we would have hammered dongsbot and won.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

gently caress. You got me. Town wins. I had too many scum slips. It was my first scum game though :(

If tq and I both would have been in the thread instead f rl stuff we would have hammered easily

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Also loving dongsbot has 1 effort post the entire game. gently caress him. Worthless piece of poo poo skating by

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
dongsbot you have avenged me.

You're my new mafia hero, dude.