Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
I implore all of you to at least look at the scum doc. I made some amazing pictures.

Good game all who didn't lurk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
loving dongsbot makes one effort post, and comes out the hero.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
MMT is the true town hero here.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I say, chap, that appears to be the crimson mallet for Mayor Glowku.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

He's not a hero. He got lucky I slipped

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

TMMadman posted:

YOur just saying that because it's your nickname backwards.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Great flavor and setup questionable gameplay quality.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

TMMadman posted:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Everyone gonna ignore the fact that I knew glowku was scum the whole time :'(

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Great flavor and setup questionable gameplay quality.

Especially by you.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
MMT I forgive you for mislynching me again. If I were you, I probably would have done the same thing.

Still, I was so close to my second lylo.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

If only we lynched Glowku when I said we should have >: (

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Everyone read the scum doc. Please

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

A few weeks later after his release from jail, Robert poured his Shine a little more freely. Looking around at the handful of folks who had stuck with him till the end, he breathed a sigh of relief. He couldn't quite put a finger on it, but the overwhelming tension that had filled his precious bar was gone at last. Sure, it might have taken a great many poor souls with it... but more would find their way here, eventually. They always did. After all, the Shine never stopped calling.

With Shine singing in their minds and hearts, any man or woman could change the world - big or small, young or old, that didn't matter. What mattered was that the power was in their hands, and theirs alone. And whatever the future brought, he was proud to have played a small part in it.

On December 5th, 1933, the 18th Amendment was repealed, and Prohibition ended. Of course, it had done little to stop the spread of alcohol - and Shine - throughout New York City. With the Mafia's bid at control over its sale and distribution thwarted, and the FBI's agents run out of town, Shine remained a poorly-kept secret. It was certainly still illegal, but those who wanted a drink or two didn't have to look too hard.

While the genius brewer who created Shine in the first place died at the Mad Chameleon's hands, he had already passed on the secret of its creation to his daughter Ilsa. She continued to refine the recipe over the coming years, carrying on her father's dreams. Ultimately, she left the city for greener pastures - content in the kind of place it had become under Shine's influence.

Of course, the city life isn't easy to let go of, and eventually Ilsa settled down once more. One thing is for sure - when the Shine starts flowing anew, Chicago will never be the same again...

:beerpal: All opposing factions have been eliminated! The game ends in a :siren: TOWN VICTORY! :siren: :beerpal:

~~~

Shine was a game of Mafia for 21 players, featuring:
  • 3 Mafia, out to control the lucrative Shine distribution network for themselves.
  • 3 FBI Agents, here to bring the growing threat of Shine under control once and for all.
  • 1 Serial Killer, who wanted to drink the delicious Shine in everyone's hearts.
  • 14 Town, who were just here for a sip or two of the good stuff.
Thank you all for playing and for putting up with my first ever personally created setup - I hope you had an excellent time! Please let me know any feedback you might have so I can make future games even better!

Mod Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g-FgUJbOiEbbXBrguLv3PX7g38tFmWwMWuu6BXdoiZU/edit?usp=sharing
Mafia Chat Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1McyN2xEW4ZdLXXDe9t9ubiD0g-G-TC_4lvclKs8s3xY/edit?usp=sharing
FBI Squad Chat Doc (this is ART): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e5y4tZX9UCUhJwqH4Mr27XdwNvrV290iQrepJNKVaLg/edit?usp=sharing
Observer/Dead Doc (over 2500 lines of name-calling and armchair quarterbacking!): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SEUEiwOoYNYd9tiVxBcttIHFAdUr_-xA4QaqhnokX9I/edit?usp=sharing

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I still don't know why we didn't lynch hiip during lights out.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

TMMadman posted:

I still don't know why we didn't lynch hiip during lights out.

Yeah that was one of the worst moves of the game imo. Feelin' pretty :smug: that I was the only one who kept my vote on 'im until the end.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I made a lot of effort images

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
btw guys this game was amazing I had a lot of fun playing w ya's :)

Cheers to Podima for excellent writing, mechanics, + setting

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Yay town, I had complete faith in you!

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Izzhov posted:

Yeah that was one of the worst moves of the game imo. Feelin' pretty :smug: that I was the only one who kept my vote on 'im until the end.

We wanted to keep him alive to thin out the town.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Also I was the cop. Got 2 mafia in the first 2 days

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Fun game, first time I really got into my role as town.

Good game to everyone, especially dongsbot.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Mayor Glowku posted:

We wanted to keep him alive to thin out the town.

Ah! That makes sense. You weren't at all worried that he might target one of your scumbronis tho?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mayor Glowku posted:

Also I was the cop. Got 2 mafia in the first 2 days

Specifically you were the ROLECOP and got "USURPER" and "GODFATHER" in that order. :wow:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also for reference, the "General Game Notes" tab in the mod doc has a list of things I know I goofed up on for this game. If you can think of anything else that's not in there, I'm all ears!

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Izzhov posted:

Ah! That makes sense. You weren't at all worried that he might target one of your scumbronis tho?

We gave up the godfather way too early. So there was probably 1 scum with 2 fbi and like 11 town left

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Excellent game though Pod. I had a blast.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Podima posted:

Also for reference, the "General Game Notes" tab in the mod doc has a list of things I know I goofed up on for this game. If you can think of anything else that's not in there, I'm all ears!

You didn't Modkill dongsbot for not contributing to the game for 120 pages

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

You didn't Modkill dongsbot for not contributing to the game for 119 pages

ftfy

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:shittypop:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
for real though podima well done with this. What an amazing setup and payoff.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
seriously podima, beautiful game, best i've been in so far

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Good job MMT! You had me worried there for a bit, but you pulled it out!

Also, Dong, hilarious final post.

Jimson, you almost lost the game with your bad play. Luckily MMT was there to shine some light.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

For the record compare the mafia doc and the fbi doc. Mafia is garbage

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Great setup Podima. I wonder if it would work as an open setup so we could play it again some time. :)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My apologies to Glowku and TQ for the timing working against them - as far as I'm concerned, Jimson's antics at LYLO gave you two a moral victory, even if it wasn't a real victory.

If you'd like to read alternate endgame flavor for different faction wins, that's all written up already in the mod doc - enjoy!

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Podima posted:

My apologies to Glowku and TQ for the timing working against them - as far as I'm concerned, Jimson's antics at LYLO gave you two a moral victory, even if it wasn't a real victory.

If you'd like to read alternate endgame flavor for different faction wins, that's all written up already in the mod doc - enjoy!

I like the Mafia one, it's really well written

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

Good job MMT! You had me worried there for a bit, but you pulled it out!

Also, Dong, hilarious final post.

Jimson, you almost lost the game with your bad play. Luckily MMT was there to shine some light.

I was in a qbr meeting and tq was sciencing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Great setup Podima. I wonder if it would work as an open setup so we could play it again some time. :)

I'd be happy to try it again at some point down the road. I'm curious how it would work with the full details of all the roles being known at game start - it would make scum fakeclaims pretty difficult, since the closed setup combined with wacky roles meant anything was possible.

• Locked thread