Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Ewww I have to pretend to be from New York? Just shoot me first. (this is a signup)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Just start the game now, I want to play a 3-player mafia game with TMM and Kash

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote Propaganda Machine :glomp:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

zzyzx posted:

Note that "anomalous amalgam" is basically an anagram of "a non-town grandma."

I love the idea that someone named "zzyzx" is talking about making anagrams of usernames. :j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Absurd Revolver posted:

This better be some funny rear end jokeposting, because if you're claiming you Shined up and figured out I'm scum, I'm going to say bullshit and say you have to be scum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PG5PCd284o

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote TMM

Not a jokevote.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Then what is your reasoning?

~gut~

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Propaganda Machine posted:

See, there's the TMM we all know and love!

Nah, that's scum TMM pretending to be the town TMM we all know and love.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Bzzt. You are incorrect.

I love interacting with you on D1 because I know you know I think I know your meta, which puts it strictly in WIFOM territory. :j:

Still think you're scum though.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hello friends I just woke up and am catching up on things but I really really think TMM is acting way too nice this game and I'm happy with my vote there.

A dedicated read will be coming later today but admittedly this has been a challenging d1 to follow this far.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I don't have access to a coputer and am acutely aware of the fact that I'm lurking this far. I apologize and promise this is temporary. :ohdear:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

This is an absolutely terrible vote. Have you mentioned PMach at all beyond the throwaway mention in the giant sentence casing me?

You're not going to like this one then..

##vote PMach

I'm catching up now and re-read her first and agree with the point people are making that while she's making posts, they don't seem to be about who she thinks the scums are.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote Kashuno - assuming he had been tracked, he admitted that he visited the NK target last night. Easy peasy.

My personal suspicion is that TMM and Kash are bussing each other but I'm saying that more for posterity if I'm right than actually pushing it as a case.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Actually scratch that bussing thing, I actually believe what TMM was saying about Viva likely rolecopping him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Btw, Izzhov, TQ is scummy because he comes in and makes a big post about KB not posting a lot, but completely ignores MMT or zzyzx. Now I can forgive not mentioning zzyzx because he's usually pretty lurky, but MMT is usually a pretty active poster but she just barely squeaked over the lurker line yesterday and her only real read was to say she thinks I'm scum.

KB at least said early in the game that he was on a business trip and wouldn't be able to post much. And I believe he would have posted before the deadline yesterday if we didn't spend so long at dinner.

Honestly I'm a little bit offended that people aren't casing me more because I agree that I'm way different here than normal :j:

That's mostly a function of having less free time than I had in the past combined with this game moving at a really fast pace.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Izzhov posted:

I see, TMM. MMT, you said earlier:

Is this still the case? Hoping to hear more from ya today if not

To be clear, I'm usually a "read the thread with a fine-toothed comb"-type but in this case we're 45 pages into the game on D2 so I'm going more off feels, at least for now.

The TMM thing was a meta-read - we've been in a pretty decent number of games together and to me the biggest alignment tell for him is how hard he goes after people who case him. But I prioritize what Viva was saying over my personal thoughts on TMM's meta.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

##vote Jimson nothing happened to me last night to confirm his alignment. I made myself BP as a precaution, so I'm guessing he tried to kill me.

Kash claiming bulletproof there, unprovoked, sounds like someone trying to make themselves honest by volunteering information.

quote:

I know TMM is voting me because he tracked me to Jake last night. If I was scum why would I admit to having visited the dead guy?

This also sounds fake to me. If you think TMM voted you because he tracked you to Jake last night, why are you trying to make it look like there was no motivation for you to admit having visited the dead guy?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Yeah, with all due respect this is a game that we're all voluntarily playing in to presumably have fun, and regardless of alignment I would personally appreciate it if people could chill out a bit and stop with all the shitposting / ALL CAPS POSTING / calling other people out.

Meanwhile I started writing up a case on TMM (it felt like he was playing up the "confirmed by Viva" angle too much) but I changed my mind in the middle of it and agree he's probably town :eng99:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I'm definitely town you dipshit. If I was a godfather, I certainly wouldn't go pointing out that I think I'm confirmed town by someone who flipped rolecop.

On the other hand, if you were a scum Vanilla with a shine ability (and Pod doesn't call that role "goon"), you would absolutely kill the townie who implied an investigative role and then ride that cred for as long as you can.

I don't think that's necessarily what's happening here but it's in the back of my head.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Izzhov posted:

Agree with the rest but isn't this ^^ the point of the game?

I meant more along the lines of calling people assholes and such. I can't speak for everyone but I personally feel like that kind of thing makes games less fun.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

Gotta be honest guys, I am not certain Inf is town any more with his play today. Pushing easy flip around cases wherever he can to see what sticks and responding to people saying that that's scummy by giving them the finger and then distract-o-making GBS threads up the thread is susp as gently caress.

Interestingly enough I have a similar read on you - I have a null-lean-scum read on you because I don't feel like you're sticking to one point of view and are just throwing a lot of cases out, but admittedly that's more of an impression from reading through the game than it is the result of analyzing all of your posts.

That said, I still feel like this vote is as easy as "someone voted Kash and then Kash immediately assumed he had been tracked and had an alibi for why he targetted the NK victim".

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

It is REALLY HARD NOT TO THINK EVERYONE IS SCUM in this GODDAMNED GAME when EVERYONE IS ACTING LIKE THE SCUMMIEST PERSON ALIVE

I mean they can't all be scum can they? Maybe they loving can, it seems like they all are!!

Hah, on that note I agree with you. This is a tough game to read, at least this early on.

HiipFire posted:

what up

---

Can you people please stop spamming up the thread cause the majority of the last 4/5 pages was people yelling to vote kash

---

this

I feel like hiipfire is posting a lot about the process of reading the thread (which admittedly I am too) but isn't posting any actual content.

Hiip: who is the scum and why?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

this is hosed up considering there are people here posting less

My post isn't about # of posts. I'm saying that he is posting in a way that indicates that he's following along, but isn't actually saying anything about the game (at least as of the start of this game).

For what it's worth I think you're scummier than hiip :j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Azuth0667 posted:

Murmur Twin – Joke votes for Propaganda Machine on day 1 okay I suppose that’s passable. However then votes for TMM with no justification which is scummy and refuses to provide justification when asked. Switches the vote back to Propaganda Machine again with no justification. Votes Kashuno with good evidence, if true:

And if there’s nothing to this shine bringing thing. I get a weird feeling from complaining about no one casing them. However they then go on to call out Kashuno for bullshit claims. Bonus :ironicat: calls out hiipfire for posting too little. I think this one can wait as well as there are better candidates who literally have contributed nothing pro-town to the thread.

Again, I didn't call out hiip for posting too little, I called him out for posting in the game (specifically d2) without making any alignment calls. I think that's an important distinction.

I think Kash is scum and I stand by that.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

zzyzx posted:

The fascinating thing is that it's not just a list of low post counts. It's mostly a list of low post counts, but it leaves off Viva, who's (as of this writing) just below the six of us and flipped after Prop Machine did. Like, there was an editorial process there that screened out Viva as a poor lynch candidate, but is still concerned about Prop Machine's scumbuddy connections. (And solemnly notes that we all have Azuth's approval to lynch Prop. Good to know.)

The guy basically just took a look at the list of postcounts, picked six in a row at the bottom, and invented some opinions about each of them.

I agree with this as well.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

The fact the Quid is now tied for the vote lead should be the biggest indicator that Kash is scum and his buddies are moving the vote away from him.

I have my doubts about Quid being town, but there is no loving way that he should be hung before Kash. I think Quid is much more likely to be the SK then he is to be scum.

Once again, the bottom line here is that Kash needs to be hung first and then we can move on to others. He has admitted to visiting someone who was killed and did it after a contentless vote. Kash is going to provide the most amount of information today and if by some miracle he is town, he's never going to be NK'd because can be used as a distraction in future days.

I'm still on page like 56 and catching up but I agree with this post 100%

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Wait, how the hell did Kashuno die? Do we know?

I feel like Hiipfire is lying about being a rolecop and scum did something that killed Kash so that Hiip wouldn't need to share a result. The timing of how that just happened seems waaaay too convenient for me to not be suspicious of.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

Yeah I would vote HiipFire for this, why in the world would you use your Rolecop on Kashuno and not on me? I don't even believe you have one at this point.

Yeah what he said.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

And it drives me crazy when people use postcounts (a system where a shitpost is the same as an effortpost) as any sort of metric for anything but that's just me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

That's not entirely true, he actually makes some points in there and while they aren't all that compelling they aren't nothing. And anyone who ahs played with zzyzx before can tell you that he's doing just what he does every game.

If killing lurkers is your thing thats great but I bet there are people with worse post histories and not many posts out there.

Putting it on the record that I have a gut scum read on Hal.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Honestly if I was hiip with the rolecop ability it would have been a toss up between Quid and Kash to investigate.

Says the lurker who has just now rejoined the conversation.

Read my posts. I make it clear who I think is scum and why (while also sometimes talking about how hard this game is to read).

Read Hal's posts. He's hovering around and commenting on the game but isn't casing people or taking a firm stance on who he thinks is scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

HiipFire posted:

kash got lynched hello?

I see the votefinder hammer post here but no vote for Kash. Am I missing something? It's entirely possible that I missed it because the game is moving fast but it feels to me like there were shenanigans there.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Yeah, votefinder says it was an anonymous vote. That's a scum power, and one that was conveniently used to help explain why Hiipfire doesn't have a rolecop result on anyone.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

HiipFire posted:

ohh if it was scum i wouldnt know why they hammered one of their own but hey why not

What were your thoughts on potentially rolecopping Quid?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

HiipFire posted:

i dont have any cause i rolecopped kash

So you're a rolecop and you didn't notice the numerous times TMM was saying "You should rolecop Quid!!!"? Isn't that something you'd pay attention to if you had that ability?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

So the question here is why is Hiip saying that all he got was that Kash was vanilla?

I, for one, feel it's because he's lying.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

The Hiipfire discussion is stupid, we will know unequivocally if he's lying or not when the day ends.

No we won't. Kash dying and flipping vanilla doesn't mean that Hiip is telling the truth, it means he took a guess and played the odds and now has the cred associated with being a town PR.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

And we can talk about that when the flip happens, we're not lynching him today.

With all due respect, I don't believe you are solely in charge of that decision.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

The story that Hiip is selling is that he

(a) Got rolecop power at the start of D2
(b) Waited until page 70 (or thereabouts) to claim
(c) Didn't notice pages of TMM saying "rolecop Quid!!"
(d) Decided arbitrarily to rolecop Kash, but
(e) Didn't get around to it until Kash was mysteriously killed by some scum force.

Do people think there's even a possibility of that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also I don't have a scum vibe from zzyzx and don't agree with the push there.

• Locked thread