Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

straight up brolic posted:

warriors fan here: long time listener, first time poster. Whatever losers i was banging out patron silver shots with my boys and doing tesla test drives while watching the game in the gps.

go back to gps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

mA posted:

I hear this all the time. Is there some empirical evidence for this claim, or is this supposed to be an accepted folk basketball truism that people like to parrot as fact?

It's been a good 4 years since I've done it, and as far as I know there's no basketball-reference easy button, so it means examining years worth of season series by hand and then comparing the results, but there really isn't much correlation outside of the first round, which also is (generally) the time when the talent gap is the highest between teams so it makes the most sense that the regular season predicts.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Mr. Mambold posted:

go back to gps

:perfect:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

mA posted:

I hear this all the time. Is there some empirical evidence for this claim, or is this supposed to be an accepted folk basketball truism that people like to parrot as fact?

I don't remember where I read it, but someone did actually do math on it and correlation between regular season series success and playoff series success between the same teams was very weak.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Mr. Mambold posted:

go back to gps
lol

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
if us good posters stopped posting when our teams weren't winning we might never post at all

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

straight up brolic posted:

actually blood doping was the mvp of 2015-16 chalk it up

something's making them sweat more than in the past

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Mr. Mambold posted:

go back to gps

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

EvanTH posted:

if us good posters stopped posting when our teams weren't winning we might never post at all

^5

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

God you guys are assholes

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Paperback Writer posted:

true

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Sorry I couldn't post about the game, I was too busy doing lines off a strippers fat rear end on my private jet and then skydiving while watching the game on my tech startup's new virtual reality gear. A certain group of people I can't name (but I will say their name rhymes with "gederal foverment") gave us a nice contact and now I'm living large on my mad deece six figgies salary. I'm basically the Adam Jensen of basketball watching, no big deal. Anyways, y'all see Curry is the first ever unanimous MVP?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Paperback Writer posted:

He said, in his empty friendless room.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
all rooms are friendless and empty, when u think about it

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Watching the game at Whole Foods right now.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

TildeATH posted:

Watching the game at Whole Foods right now.

lmao

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol a goon did the unironic, " I was out with friends" comeback.

Don't lie to us.

Make no mistake about it, I'm single, childless and masturbate to anime, I look forward to dying alone.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

warcrimes posted:

Make no mistake about it, I'm single, childless and masturbate to anime,

Found the Trump supporter.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Bashez posted:

Found the Trump supporter.

I'm voting for Skynet

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

warcrimes posted:

I'm voting for Skynet

so hillary, a literal fembot?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Mr. Mambold posted: