Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
never been bitten by any dog but most certainly not one of my own. dogs inherently know that i am a friend to their species and that i would never harm one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

can someone please express my anal glands i am in fuckin agony over here

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

This is all you can do now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baulhGAeIig

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
im actually a dog mesmerist so not a concern

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

thathonkey posted:

never been bitten by any dog but most certainly not one of my own. dogs inherently know that i am a friend to their species and that i would never harm one.

Unless they are yapping rats, most dogs are cool with me. Maybe my autistic diminished sense of danger that makes me not fear dogs helps them know I'm a cool dude.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Kuato posted:

I see. I have two blue heelers that have been thoroughly subjugated and indoctrinated. Just gotta break their spirit

same :clint:

one still likes to nip at my feet while running but that's a working breed behavior not a bad doggy one

i love my doggies a lot :3:

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

he stepped on my face this morning when I didn't get up as early as he wanted me to. why is my dog owning me so hard all the time?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I have it on good authority that OP's pitbull finished him off and it is now taking over all his social media accounts. I repeat, there is a live man-killing pitbull in this very forum right now.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Have been bit by a lot of dogs, just kick the poo poo out of them. I mean this basically goes for any animal that's attacking you- kick it in it's soft parts like it's gut.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Have been bit by a lot of dogs, just kick the poo poo out of them. I mean this basically goes for any animal that's attacking you- kick it in it's soft parts like it's gut.

are you a mailman or a jehovas witness or something? why are you getting bitten by so many dogs?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I had a Boston Terrier named Oliver (rip) when we took him to dog school the trainer told us if a dog ever nips you during play, you gotta yell out loud enough to scare the dog and make a big show of it. They'll be less likely to go that far with their teeth next time around. It worked too.

But if your dog is acting feral and is ravaging your flesh I dunno what to tell you except gj failing to train an animal that's been domesticated for thousands of years.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The closest my dog's ever gotten to biting me was when we were running and he suddenly cut in front of me and my knee collided with on of his canines because his mouth was open. He knows better than to bite me.

He treats my dad like a chew toy because the old man has no idea what a firm, commanding voice sounds like so he yells like a spaz and it just sounds real close to my dog's toys.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Did your dog break your skin?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bidendog

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

Did your dog break your skin?

no of course not i have hide like leather and my hellhound is as feral and undomesticated as me

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Toadvine posted:

I had a Boston Terrier named Oliver (rip) when we took him to dog school the trainer told us if a dog ever nips you during play, you gotta yell out loud enough to scare the dog and make a big show of it. They'll be less likely to go that far with their teeth next time around. It worked too.

But if your dog is acting feral and is ravaging your flesh I dunno what to tell you except gj failing to train an animal that's been domesticated for thousands of years.

uh no i don't think acting like a pussy in front of your dog is how you gain its respect?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

jarofpiss posted:

uh no i don't think acting like a pussy in front of your dog is how you gain its respect?

Exactly it's an act. It beats being a real pussy which obv hasn't worked out for you and your dog

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Bad dogs get the belt of discipline. The same thing as my kids.

Not really, just fart on the dog. That's how you assert dominance.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Vin Diesel in dog form

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

jarofpiss posted:

no of course not i have hide like leather and my hellhound is as feral and undomesticated as me

Then what are you worried about? As long as he doesnt go for your dick as it waggles when you get out of the shower you got nothing to fear.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Microwaves Mom posted:

Then what are you worried about? As long as he doesnt go for your dick as it waggles when you get out of the shower you got nothing to fear.

Do you test this a lot with your dog?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
you need to start pissing in random corners of your house to let him know it belongs to you

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Nation posted:

bite him back fyi

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I've been bitten by both of our dogs trying to break up their dumb fights. It sucks being bitten but its worse seeing what they can do to each other. Dogs don't gently caress around when they're mad at other dogs.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I have a 3 year old red heeler and he is also kind of a stupid rear end in a top hat.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yerok posted:

I have a 3 year old red heeler and he is also kind of a stupid rear end in a top hat.

My dog is a mutt but I'm pretty sure part if his breed is stupid rear end in a top hat.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
Is this the new murderdog thread? Because if so I would like to encourage everyone to watch The Champions (it's on Canadian Netflix), it's about bitey dogs but I cried two dozen times watching it because I'm a dweeb.

naem
May 29, 2011

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

now that's cold

just because one bit you didn't mean that you had to put the whole family to sleep

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

That white dog triggers the same disgust i feel when i see white people. Gross

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Yerok posted:

mine is 3 years old too. i don't think he would murder a human. he might eat a baby but not a full grown adult.

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

When one of my dogs bit me because I took away his bone I pissed on his head to show I'm the dominant one and kept him in the yard for a day or two. Worked like a charm, he now only bites burglars and shifty people that come up from behind which is cool by me.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i thrash it with a bundled-up rubber hose, OP

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Show him the wasabi and soy sauce in my fridge and tell him things can work both ways and I'm higher on the food chain than him.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
What I'm saying is that there's good dogs and bad dogs but with enough wasabi and soy sauce any dog is a "good dog".

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Turn him into a hot dog.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i thrash it with a bundled-up rubber hose, OP

Is that before or after you discipline the dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004