Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Family & The Club...
This poll is closed.
two wrestling stables 5 3.09%
a dynamite dual-action stain-fighting carpet cleaner 4 2.47%
a pasta & sandwich combo meal from a diner of questionable repute 83 51.23%
70 43.21%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Earnings came out

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/wwe-reports-strong-first-quarter-123000331.html

As for network subscribers

quote:

WWE Network revenue increased 34% to $38.2 million from $28.6 million in the prior year quarter based on a 39% year-over-year increase in average paid subscribers to 1.29 million. WWE Network had 1.47 million total subscribers at the end of the first quarter and reached a record 1.82 million total subscribers following WrestleMania (as of April 4, 2016), which represented a 39% increase from March 30, 2015, the day after WrestleMania last year. An anticipated decline in Pay-per-view revenue partially offset WWE Network growth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Endless Mike posted:

This was a cool show though I wanted to see the actual main event not a dumb DEAN AMBROSE IS ~CRAZY~ thing. Though I do always appreciate someone pretending to be someone else.

:agreed: I was hoping for a Jericho/Cass match even if it was short due to Deano's interference or something...felt kinda bad that Cass seemed like an afterthought/third wheel but he at least got a little offense in

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I assume they'll do the match on Smackdown or some variation on it.

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

I might cry tears of joy if they actually let Nakamura beat Cena

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

A Salty Affair posted:

I might cry tears of joy if they actually let Nakamura beat Cena

lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wonder how many Kinshasas Cena will kick out of. I'm guessing three.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
he gets like one clean loss a year so maybe?????? but almost definitely not since he's basically a part timer now?????????

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

On the one hand if you want to make Nakamura look really, really good for his roster debut Cena is the guy to go over.

On the other hand lol.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Golashes posted:

he gets like one clean loss a year so maybe?????? but almost definitely not since he's basically a part timer now?????????

How is Cena a part-timer outside of this one occasion where he's injured?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

flashy_mcflash posted:

Now that Roman is wearing Cena's crown of thorns people are assuming that Cena is winding down. I guess he thought that meant all at once.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

When he comes back he's only going to be around a few months max before he has to leave again to film season 2 of his show

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder how many Kinshasas Cena will kick out of. I'm guessing three.
Does either man have the stamina to work a time limit draw?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Coaaab posted:

I doubt that either man could work to a sin limite draw.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Coaaab posted:

Nakamura and Zayn went twenty minutes, I doubt The Champ will need more than twelve minutes to annihilate the weird-faced foreigner.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

How jealous is Daniel Bryan right now

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

the other knee that beat john cena

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Nakamura and Zayn went twenty minutes, I doubt The Champ will need more than twelve minutes to annihilate the weird-faced foreigner.

:911:

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Chris James 2 posted:

When he comes back he's only going to be around a few months max before he has to leave again to film season 2 of his show

Aren't the ratings for that thing godawful, though?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Tweak posted:

the other knee that beat john cena

The Knee That Got a Believable Two-Count on John Cena, Then Tapped to the STF doesn't really have the same ring to it does it?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

projecthalaxy posted:

Maybe they can just wear sumo suits and reenact Big Daddy vs Giant Haystacks.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Coaaab posted:

Ace of the Universe John Cena can wrestle til his heart explodes

He'll rehab it and be back in 3 months

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

One telling statement from today's conference call:

PWInsider posted:

They've had a lot of injuries and they made "some pretty good chicken salad out of that." He (Vince) said in the next 30 days, they have a number of talents coming back. He said there were 17 injuries but Bray Wyatt, John Cena, Randy Orton and Seth Rollins would return. They introduced 13 new talents and over the next 30 days, they will have more talent on the roster than they've ever had before.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

From the conference call, the traditional pay-per-view buyrate (i.e. sales on top of the Network) for WrestleMania was between 900,000 and 1.2 million buys :stare:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Chris James 2 posted:

From the conference call, the traditional pay-per-view buyrate (i.e. sales on top of the Network) for WrestleMania was between 900,000 and 1.2 million buys :stare:

Some people just don't have the internet to support the Network. I don't.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Onmi posted:

Some people just don't have the internet to support the Network. I don't.

Absolutely, I just assumed them constantly laughing at PPV users every month would have affected its buyrate more than it has

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Is there still lots of places where the network isn't available? Was this restaurants and bars showing it? Or are people just really really dumb?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Most ppl like to watch on a big tv and dont know how with the network. It took JR like two years to figure it out.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

So they go from losing money for the first time ever on Wrestlemania last year, to possibly the biggest profit ever this year?

Bring back PPV sets Vince

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The_Rob posted:

You're as weird as rovert.

Hurtful and uncalled for.

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

So they go from losing money for the first time ever on Wrestlemania last year, to possibly the biggest profit ever this year?

Bring back PPV sets Vince

We need to start with baby-steps. Let's begin by bringing back WCW Bash At The Beach-quality PPV sets.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

That's completely insane, last year mania only did 259k buys.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

I find this absurdly hard to believe

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

That's completely insane, last year mania only did 259k buys.

hmm that is odd

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
only vince could put on such an awful wrestlemania and get a million idiots to pay 60 bucks for it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Did they open up new international markets or something?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Ridiculous lies about buyrates would be attitude era as hell, so maybe Vince really is bringing it back

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Chris James 2 posted:

Absolutely, I just assumed them constantly laughing at PPV users every month would have affected its buyrate more than it has

Wrestlemania is also the show that the folks who don't watch regularly check out, so it's not like they would've been hearing the constant "Maggle you'd have to be a loving moron to pay more than NINE NINETY NINE and/or nothing for Wrestlemania what're you waiting for?"

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I just can't believe that many people paid full price for Wrestlemania. Isn't the biggest buy rate ever 1.2 Million in a pre-network era?

Edit

Yeah, how does the product get worse and ratings go down, yet more people buy this show once a year.

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 10, 2016

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
So is Roman over with the crowd now? Whole lotta pro Roman chants on RAW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lol, still running with the Mania "attendance"

• Locked thread