Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I liked it better when people actually posted stupid bullshit about their lives because I actually kind of care about a lot of that bullshit because they're my friends. Now it's just wacky videos and bad recipes.

You forgot memes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I liked it better when people actually posted stupid bullshit about their lives because I actually kind of care about a lot of that bullshit because they're my friends. Now it's just wacky videos and bad recipes.

Aand political poo poo i dont care about

Bitter fly
Sep 25, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I can't stand how they make facebook games as obnoxious as possible, suggesting that you invite your friends to play every time you go into the game. No I don't want to play Pudding Pop, what the gently caress is wrong with you?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

AKA Pseudonym posted:

JiveHonky posted:

Aand political poo poo i dont care about

Anderron Shi posted:

You forgot memes

HAha but enough about GBS and working from home, as a retard masturbator :xd:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Minimalist Program posted:

HAha but enough about GBS and working from home, as a retard masturbator :xd:

Don't sign your posts

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

face book more like gayest book

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Should have called it faceboobs.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Theres tobs of stupid poo poo on facebook. Why did i spend so much time befriending hippies for weed and parties?? Now my feed is constantly spewing generic hippie bullshit about galaxies in your tummy and how this little kid changes how you feel about love with one small gesture to an old dog.

The one good funny ironic pictures group I particioated in has turned into a IRONIC gore / gross out picture group too. loving stupid too.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I don't have an account because I have better things to do with my time.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I use it to keep in touch with overseas friends and that's it

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Most people don't read each others walls. Post something below to let me know who my real friends are.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

I use it to keep in touch with overseas friends and that's it

Who is your best overseas friend and what do you do with them?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Linkedin just sent me an email telling me my old job that I just left is looking for candidates like me.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Dreddout posted:

I don't have an account because I have better things to do with my time.

:smugdon:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

You must have done a good job

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
You three are my new and true bestest friends.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Shitposting for Trump is an incredibly rewarding exercise!

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
90% of Facebook now is people posting lovely motivational posters and liking random poo poo nobody cares about and if not for the three or four people that occasionally organize events Id delete my profile.

Also there's a direct correlation between how often someone posts stuff on Facebook and how much of a train wreck their life is.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Who is your best overseas friend and what do you do with them?

a girl and a guy in singapore and another girl in germany

we just chat about life and poo poo when we're bored

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

a girl and a guy in singapore and another girl in germany

we just chat about life and poo poo when we're bored

That sounds great, my man.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

EvilJoven posted:

Also there's a direct correlation between how often someone posts stuff on Facebook and how much of a train wreck their life is.

whats the correlation? how often should I post so people think I'm normal ?? :ohdear:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Facebook is keeping up with the Joneses, but in real time. gently caress that.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

That sounds great, my man.

thanks i envy your avatar

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

mdm posted:

whats the correlation? how often should I post so people think I'm normal ?? :ohdear:

Once every three days or so and really only about interesting things you're doing with your life or if you're organizing an interesting event you want your friends to attend (actually interesting, not MLM bullshit).

Unless it's about your kids. Nobody but you is interested in your kids.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

thanks i envy your avatar

Thanks. I like it, Booblord Zagats bought it for me. He is a good man and I respect him.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I was banned from facebook. Was a smart move on my part.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
just lol if you do something interesting enough every three days for people on facebook to care about

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
facebook is for old people uck~

*downloads whatever app kids are on these days and keeps moving onto tons of fad social apps until my phone gets full*

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
just lie about all the cool stuff you're doing and make everyone jealous. that's the point of facebook now anyway.

i just got back from seeing machu pichu, hooray.

*posts google image search photos*

i've been banging this super hot chick/dude.

*photoshops self into pic stolen from tindr*

look at this killer bud i'm smokin'.

*steals images from hightimes.com: crops out watermarks*

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
I gave up Facebook a few years ago after having dinner with a friend that posted constantly about how awesome his relationship was. At dinner he told me that his boyfriend had been sleeping on the couch for months, they hadn't had sex in a year and he was trying to figure out how to kick him out of the house. Yet a constant stream over that time about their awesome relationship.

So I quit Facebook because I don't have time for that poo poo and also I'm in my mid-thirties so most of it is people I went to high school and college with constantly posting about their dumb ugly children.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
....or under the age of 20 and use Snapchat instead

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Post dicks on Instagram

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Post your dick on Twitter

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I like the ladies that have all of their personal photos shared publicly so anyone in the world can check out their tits and pregnant bellies they are no doubt showing off at some point.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty much all Facebook is good for is loving your ex or loving up your current relationship

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Facebook was OK for staying in touch with non-local friends in the beginning. Nowadays people think it is a serious platform to spout political opinions go on vegan crusades and cry about click-bait animal abuse with pictures that make you struggle to a) keep your breakfast down and b) not write them a lengthy hate mail about becoming shitheads for doing it.

I now visit Facebook maybe once a week if that.
People re-learned to write a whatsapp/call me if they want something as you should.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
i dun trust fb. gotta get off the grid! posting to a forum linked to my credit card is ok though.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Had my fb closed for the last year just logged on today to have it permanently deleted. Social media is a disease.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I used to just be a loser, can confirm I've headed into fullblown weirdo territory since turning off teh book as I like to call it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Agreed. I don't have Facebook, and I am a social retard.

• Locked thread